It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda terror cells plan to bring pre Xmas carnage to British and European cities,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
OBL is dead. The terrorists are our own governments. Perhaps they are planning this carnage before Xmas, perhaps they are just scaremongering. Maybe the lone wolves scenario is to try to get people to spy on each other and stir up distrust...it seems to be a new one.

second
edit on 24-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't understand the fjords??? What is that supposed to mean..
The whole reason I put the source at the bottom, was so you guys know the article came from the sun.. I'm fully aware this paper is not the most reputable, and that they are part of a huge media group with links to the establishment..
I was more intrigued about the arrests made in Germany, holland and Belgium, that was kinda my point of posting this thread, wanted to see if anyone would shed some light on that...

I was not attacking you in any way.

Just pointing out that the article as thoroughly loaded with buzz words for the masses.

An Fnord is a word thats emotionally loaded and programs the reader, yet people hardly notice.

For example... terror, murder, bombing, attack, threat, Bin Laden, Iraq, war, 9/11 etc.

edit on 24-11-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I look forward to this one,.
Right after the Thanksgiving massacre is done

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

reply to post by XXXN3O

The whole reason I put the source at the bottom, was so you guys know the article came from the sun.. I'm fully aware this paper is not the most reputable, and that they are part of a huge media group with links to the establishment..
I was more intrigued about the arrests made in Germany, holland and Belgium, that was kinda my point of posting this thread, wanted to see if anyone would shed some light on that...

Just pointing out that the article as thoroughly loaded with buzz words for the masses.

An Fnord is a word thats emotionally loaded and programs the reader, yet people hardly notice.

For example... terror, murder, bombing, attack, threat, Bin Laden, Iraq, war, 9/11 etc.

Perhaps we should enlighten him to the origins of the word fnord!

The nonsense word fnord, invented by the writers of Principia Discordia, is given a specific and sinister meaning in The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. It is a subliminal message technique, a word that the majority of the population since early childhood has been trained to ignore (and, of course, trained to forget both the training and the fact that they are ignoring it), but which they associate with a vague sense of unease. Upon seeing the word, readers experience a panic reaction. They then subconsciously suppress all memories of having seen the word, but the sense of panic remains. They therefore associate the unease with the news story they are reading. Fnords are scattered liberally in the text of newspapers and magazines, causing fear and anxiety in those following current events. However, there are no fnords in the advertisements, thus encouraging a consumerist society. Fnord magazine equated the fnords with a generalized effort to control and brainwash the populace. To "see the fnords" would imply an attempt to wrestle back individual autonomy. Courtesy of Wiki
edit on 24-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sceptical me

reply to post by XXXN3O

Perhaps we should enlighten him to the origins of the word fnord!

The nonsense word fnord, invented by the writers of Principia Discordia, is given a specific and sinister meaning in The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. It is a subliminal message technique, a word that the majority of the population since early childhood has been trained to ignore (and, of course, trained to forget both the training and the fact that they are ignoring it), but which they associate with a vague sense of unease. Upon seeing the word, readers experience a panic reaction. They then subconsciously suppress all memories of having seen the word, but the sense of panic remains. They therefore associate the unease with the news story they are reading. Fnords are scattered liberally in the text of newspapers and magazines, causing fear and anxiety in those following current events. However, there are no fnords in the advertisements, thus encouraging a consumerist society. Fnord magazine equated the fnords with a generalized effort to control and brainwash the populace. To "see the fnords" would imply an attempt to wrestle back individual autonomy. Courtesy of Wiki
edit on 24-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)

Im well aware of that.

Treat nonsense with nonsense.

The newspaper article is nonsense.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

Ok... Nice one.. I wasn't aware of this word but reading back through th article, I can see various words such as the knew you have described and when I think about it, many times I have seen these type of words I. Articles In the past..
I know the media likes to scare the masses and noticed a huge amount of that after 9/11

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I was finding this quite an interesting read until I saw your source, from "The Sun" almost as bad as "The Daily Mail"

EPIC FAIL :-)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I swear it's like the conditioning and mind games never ever let up do they?
What's nice about the 'terrorists' angle is that it never wears out, there's always a faceless ghost to chase or run from.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join