It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. and South Korea to hold military drills! [11/24/10]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

U.S. and South Korea to hold military drills! [11/24/10]

www.cnn.com

Later Tuesday, the White House released a statement saying that Obama called Lee to express his support.

"The two presidents agreed to hold combined military exercises and enhanced training in the days ahead to continue the close security cooperation between our two countries, and to underscore the strength of our alliance and commitment to peace and security in the region," the statement said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/24/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: cleaned up

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
So this is pretty interesting!
Im sure everyone knows of North Korea's morning artillery attack on the South Korean island, after which the only mentioning was that emergency talks were being held.
Just a few hours ago China and Russia announced that they are rebuking the US dollar for bi-lateral trade, as well as stating directly that they "shall never be enemies".
And now, the U.S. has confirmed that we are having military exercises with South Korea in response to the artillery attack.
Sounds like war drills to me.

China is North Korea's ally and Russia just pretty much just said they have China's back.
South Korea has the U.S. and U.N. on its side.

Man, things are sure looking interesting.
Especially since our huge military presence arrived there weeks ago...

What do you guys think?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think this is what we've all been seeing here on ATS for quite a few years.. We've had a lot of stuff here about the possible WW3 starting.. There have been times when it seemed to be getting really ugly, and yet again it looks that way now too.

Something very odd is going on right now and it all mainly focuses around money and power. The UK has made massive cutbacks yet it is now helping to bail out Ireland, Russia and China supporting each other and dumping the dollar.. Has North Korea got some knowledge about what's going on? Or is this a step towards provoking some form of military build up and tension around the world in order to stretch debt ridden countries money even further?

I read in a very recent thread that someone feels that Russia and Chinas effort could turn the USA into another Zimbabwe over night. Is this the goal rather than an all out war? There is also a general strike in Portugal.

Strange events are occuring for a reason but only time will tell as to what the reason is.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Enhanced interrogation is torture...
Enhanced patdowns are full body searches...
Is 'enhanced training' a code for "we are already at war"?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Joel Skousan of world affairs brief said the other day Russia and china are fixing to ATTACK the US.
This may be military, economic, or subtle assistance to the enemies the US has made recently, the way the US has aided their enemies, like giving OBL stingers back in the day...
things are bearing out his opinion so far....

Star and Flag
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i think we should get off the world stage, before they start lobbing tomatoes.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This incident is only in thanks to the 11/11 mass meditation attempt, initiated by the 'benevolents' to propagate peace throughout the universe, although it didn't go accordingly....Because this energy was re-directed and transformed into chaotic energy, making a step in the inevitable direction of a global war.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
'People on South Korean islands near the border have now been ordered to evacuate as the region stands on the brink of war.'
They are moving people out ,i guess to reduce casualties if some more artillery is fired.or to make it easier for troops to dig in.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
www.abc.net.au...
'People on South Korean islands near the border have now been ordered to evacuate as the region stands on the brink of war.'
They are moving people out ,i guess to reduce casualties if some more artillery is fired.or to make it easier for troops to dig in.

WOW!
2nd line

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I cant wait to see the look on China and Russia face when china finds out that all of the top secret parts that they had been making for our planes don't actually work and soon find out that we built everything here and all the info that got leaked to their spy's is false. What really will be funny is when we stop using tech from the 1970's and start pulling out the crazy stuff we have now. LoL China couldn't make a ballistic missile work only 18 years ago and had to get help from us and the Russian are in a world of hurt as they are still trying to recover from the cold war failure and a bunch of their stuff got sold off. The sh!t is going to hit the fan people. Drafts, invasions, air raids, bio attacks, emp maybe?Microwave beams? Weather warfare, And the best part is after its over china is going to owe us money same with Russia and what ever middle east country tries to join that losing battle. But its going to cost the lives of millions of allied people British, American, Japanese, and Germans "French maybe"? I know the Jews will be on our side. The cold war didn't end it has only just begun! They shall never be enemy of each other or us is the question?
edit on 24-11-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
I cant wait to see the look on China and Russia face when china finds out that all of the top secret parts that they had been making for our planes don't actually work and soon find out that we built everything here and all the info that got leaked to their spy's is false. What really will be funny is when we stop using tech from the 1970's and start pulling out the crazy stuff we have now. LoL China couldn't make a ballistic missile work only 18 years ago and had to get help from us and the Russian are in a world of hurt as they are still trying to recover from the cold war failure and a bunch of their stuff got sold off. The sh!t is going to hit the fan people. Drafts, invasions, air raids, bio attacks, emp maybe?Microwave beams? Weather warfare, And the best part is after its over china is going to owe us money same with Russia and what ever middle east country tries to join that losing battle. But its going to cost the lives of millions of allied people British, American, Japanese, and Germans "French maybe"? I know the Jews will be on our side. The cold war didn't end it has only just begun! They shall never be enemy of each other or us is the question?

I've said it before and i'll say it again - Russia is far, far more powerful and dangerous than China. Sure China has "the largest standing army in the world" but that's about where their advantages stop.

Russia is the one to watch. Respect them and they respect us. China will do NOTHING.
edit on 11/24/2010 by jonny2410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That exercise is possibly going to provoke another attack on either SK's forces or Americans, and I bet both are now chomping at the bit to hit hard.

Of course the official reason will be a show of force, and that's going to be impressive - but I betcha any money they are hoping to take a few pot shot which will force them to go all out.

I would not wan't to be in Seoul right now - and that's one place I have always wanted to go.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

agreed Russia is a lot more dangerous then the Chinese.Missile wise, nuke wise, plane wise, tank wise and trained elite unit wise.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
www.abc.net.au...
Transcript page

"The South Korean puppets fired dozens of shells inside our waters and our forces reacted," says this news presenter. "We had warned them against staging war exercises and escalating tensions on the Korean Peninsula. Should the South Korean puppets dare intrude into our territorial waters by even .001 one of a millimetre we will take merciless military counter actions,"

South shot into the water, no casualties...North shot onto island, numerous casualties-2 deaths?

(Hong Lei speaking) "We express concern about this situation," says Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei. "We hope the relevant parties will contribute to the peace and stability of the Korean Peninsula. But our consistent position is a return to the Six Party Nuclear Talks,"

Six party talks

After Pyongyang walked out of the Six-Party Talks in May 2009, the Obama administration has pursued negotiations with the other parties in the forum to signal that it hasn't abandoned the goal of North Korea's denuclearization. In testimony to a House Foreign Affairs subcommittee in June 2009, CFR's Snyder said this new process "provides the best available means by which to increase pressure on North Korea to return to the Six-Party Talks and to honor its commitments to denuclearization."

I kinda doubt China is going to continue being North Koreas "best buddy."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Now we know who's really the provocative side, I said so yesterday, The North say yesterday they fired because the south were firing towards their waters, we know the waters is whats being disputed but never the less, youd have to say the south knew exactly what they were doing with the exericise. Id also like to know where the south hit when they retaliated, all we hear & see is where the north hit.
edit on 24-11-2010 by DarthPhobos because: Grammer

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Now we know who's really the provocative side, I said so yesterday, The North say yesterday they fired because the south were firing towards the waters, we know the waters is whats being disputed but never the less, youd have to say the south knew exactly what they were doing with the exericise.Id also like to know where the south hit when they retilated, all we hear & see is were the noth hit.
edit on 24-11-2010 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

That's a very good point and i also would like to know if anyone has any info.

Casualties would be interesting.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Now we know who's really the provocative side, I said so yesterday, The North say yesterday the fired because the south were firing towards the waters, we know the waters is whats being disputed but never the less, youd have to say the south knew exactly what they were doing with the exericise. Id also like to know where the south hit when they retilated, all we hear & see is were the noth hit.

The North are deliberately avoiding the six-party-talks. They're calling a red herring because they're running out of options, and time. They need to come to the talks before China wipes her hands of their alliance, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

Now we know who's really the provocative side, I said so yesterday, The North say yesterday they fired because the south were firing towards the waters, we know the waters is whats being disputed but never the less, youd have to say the south knew exactly what they were doing with the exericise.Id also like to know where the south hit when they retilated, all we hear & see is were the noth hit.

That's a very good point and i also would like to know if anyone has any info.

Casualties would be interesting.

Me two,
Now that I re-read it...
Good looking-out.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Im not disputing that, The fact is, we in the western world are being told that the north started this, when in fact if you read between the lines, this all started because the south fired into waters that has been the cause of so much aggro. They knew they were provoking the situation. I learnt a long time ago to not always believe the official story being fed by the media. I agree the North need to be sorted one way or another, they are a danger, but it just seems to me, they are being provoked from all sorts, a challenge if you will. My other question is, Where did the south hit with their response? Im sick of hearing one side of the story

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
activaty at north korean nuke site

US nuclear scientist Dr Sig Hecker has confirmed Jane's reports of activity at Yongbyon Nuclear Complex in North Korea and revealed that a state-of-the-art uranium enrichment plant is in operation at the site.

is this what i think it meens

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join