It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. and South Korea to hold military drills! [11/24/10]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This happens every single year. I can't remember the name, but this was always something you heard about when you got a new solider to the unit who was in Korea. It begins with b or a p, I can't remember, but it happens every single year. They are simply continuing with it in light of the recent incidents. Most have viewed it as a show of force to the North, and that is exactly why it is going to continue this year.

I would also like to point out that North Korea is incredibly unstable, but this can also be used as justification for our empire when the budget cuts come. The response could be, "Oh, well, see, this is why we have all of these bases in strategic locations, so we can respond to threats." So many ways they can use this action by N. Korea to justify our massive empire and deficit spending.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
the world is in a financial crisis at the mo and as the saying goes, "there's nothing more profitable than war"

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Thank you! nK does this every frigging year - seriously, the only thing different about their most recent shelling is that they hit land. I'm not saying that this wasn't a big deal, but it's not worth flipping out over. This isn't nearly important enough to be the opening salvo of WWIII.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
reply to post by Reign02

what you just said would make perfect sense, if it wasn't for the fact that a sequence of events has just occurred which involved their enemy firing upon them. Normally at this point, any "training event" would be seen as a show of support and would be canned, unless of course it was a show of support...

"This exercise is defensive in nature," US Forces Korea said in a statement. "While planned well before yesterday's unprovoked artillery attack, it demonstrates the strength of the ROK [South Korea]-US alliance and our commitment to regional stability through deterrence."

this is no exercise that happens every year

edit on 24-11-2010 by ceetee because: dunt mayk snce

so an artillery attack in the ocean is something to be worried about? LOL... seriously.... So I'm guessing the North thinks that since we have firing ranges that we are attacking them too huh.... stupidity... smh

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join