It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
You are wrong I have taken a screen shot from the clear video and have captured the shell itself,

lmao
that is not a shell
that is a rocket
and I already posted
comparison pics and
showed the rocket.

A shell is what a projectile is fired from.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by superpuppy006
lighthead.wordpress.com... Is anyone else worried?

Baba Vanga is debunked

2008 – Assassination attempts on four heads of states. Conflict in Indonesia. That becomes one of the causes for the start of WWIII.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm glad you didn't take it personally, but do agree that reports should give specific details and not vague scare-tactic words like ARTILLERY. If people heard rockets they would understand the nature of the strike a little more thoroughly and this would in all likelihood be a less sensational story. Most people classify artillery in the same sense as you do and imagine gigantic explosions with continuous bombardment (think of WWII) and shrapnel everywhere. The problem with my gripe is that these rockets are by definition artillery and did do significant damage to the island. I think there are 2 confirmed dead now and hopefully this situation will roll over as we approach a new dawn in Korea. Like I said, this is all moot speculation and we will have to wait for the real fireworks (or lack thereof) over the next few days.
edit on 23-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

You are wrong I have taken a screen shot from the clear video and have captured the shell itself,

lmao
that is not a shell
that is a rocket
and I already posted
comparison pics and
showed the rocket.

A shell is what a projectile is fired from.

Sorry I thought you meant it was a bomb already planted on the ground that went off. I agree it could well be a rocket.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by thecinic

here is th differences in the explosion signatures.
u can tell the difference between the artillery
explosion on the left and the rocket explosion
on the right. totally different

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01b235e450eb.jpg[/atsimg]

I beg to differ one is hitting sand and dirt the other hitting trees and concrete big difference.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ok, there are newspapers in every country that report crazy stuff like that. Make decisions based on consensus. There are newspapers in India that say we are spending $200 million a day to protect Obama during his visit.

Ridiculous, Clinton is Lizard, Bush is gay, Obama too. Newspaper rubbish.

link   
South Korea was thinking about like Pakistan, hosting American Nukes.
NK is probably just trying to save the S Koreans from the same fate as Pakistan...
youn know that little bit about 32 percent civilin casualty rate...
remember when Russia wanted to put missiles near by in cuba...
The US got all weird about that, but they didn't talk much about how it was a reaction to missiles in Turkey
good for the goose is good for the gander....

South Korea's defense minister says his country may consider having U.S. tactical nuclear weapons deployed on its soil for the first time in 19 years.

www.voanews.com...

link   
Geez!!! Why are folks arguing over whether it was a bomb, rocket, srtillery, shell etc. Who gives a f%$#Ck!!!!!

The situation is the same as always. NK does something, SK ssays "if you do it again we will respond". And NK doesnt do anything further and it dies down. Mark my words kids...nothing to see here-i promise.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
sometimes I simply don't understand some people on ATS...if you walk into a room, see someone with a black eye, and the local bully laughing and saying he punched the kid and will punch him again if he annoys him...are you going to try to disprove the black eye by seeing knuckle patterns that seem off, or are you going to take the bully at his word?

lol, I have been in debates with Phage too many times.
He wants every T & I crossed so it is out of habit that
I do these things.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Sorry I thought you meant it was a bomb already planted on the ground that went off.

well I originally thought that til
I slo-mo'd the video and saw
the incoming rocket.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Unless China believes it will benefit from the war in the Korean penninsula, the war is not going to happen at least not in the far east. This whole thing may be to hide something that is going on in other part of the world. Considering the amount of attention this conflict brings in, you should watch your own backyard.

Think of this, the TPTB paid huge sums of money to NK to provoke this ridiculous firing incident while preparing the major attack in the US or somewhere else.

That's why I tell you to watch your own back.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
NKorea doing their dirty business once again. This time they've actually bombed SKorean territory... but nothing was destroyed/no one was killed... and for once SKorea responded...

But probably nothing will come out of it, like always.

I'm sure this is linked to those comments by Japan and SKorea saying that North Korea nuclear program is unacceptable and that they've breached every pledge they made concerning their nuclear program.

They are doing this as a provocation... childish... as always.

UPDATE 2:50 AM Eastern :

A few of the latest news...

- NKorea fires about 200 shells at island
- SKorea fires back with artillery
- About 70 houses on fire
- SKorea deploys F-16s
- China calls for calm
- According to CNN international, SKorea is trying to calm down tensions
- 14 South Korean soldiers hurt, 4 seriously + 4+ civilians injured
- Witness says residents fleeing S.Korean island by fishing boats - YTN
- 1 soldier confirmed dead so far
- SKorea at DEFCON 2
- SKorean presidential aides in bunker

Whole thing could be related to SKorean military exercise

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

OK, well I JUST woke up to this on Fox, after turning on the TV for the weather!! Here's what I got straight from the FOX's mouth..

North Korea fires artillery shells on S. Korea, but S. Korea will launch a full retaliatory stoke if fired upon again. Pentagon said they didn't have any comment but are keeping a close eye on the situation. US troops NOT on high alert.

Here's my breakdown (in bold) being in the Field Artillery for 9 years, but it's been over 20 years since I've been in but it's something to DEFINITELY keep track of ..
- NKorea fires about 200 shells at island

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by backinblack

So let's see... What kind of action will take place?

Plausible Act 1
1.) SK seeing this much damage decides it has to hit the artilery location that fired the shots. I would, that is simply justified in such a case.
2.) The escillation begins, NK starts to open up and hits more SK targets.
3.) SK responds tit-for-tat...
4.) Soon war breaks out and we have lots of flags and stars and told you so's in this thread.

Plausible Act 2
1.) SK will go to the UN and complain.
2.) NK won't fire any more shots and give all the excuses and threats as to why it happens.
3.) This thread will fill up with told you so's and maybe not as many flags or stars.

Implausible Act 3
1.) Obama condemns the attack and puts the military on stand-by.
2.) Japan prepares itself for all-out-war with NK.
3.) China gets ready to alter weather patterns for the pending nuclear winds.
4.) SK and NK open full-scale conventional and nuclear war.
5.) Many doom and gloom threads hit ATS every hour.
6.) More told you so's and probably a lot of flags and stars on this thread.
7.) WWIII breaks out and soon nuclear strikes become common news until all the news channels go dead and we all die... the end.

I am thinking act 2 is most likely.

edit on 23-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: Added muchly needed drama and sensationalism.

Agreed. But, one never knows........ Option number 3 sounds more and more likely the more I think about it, and consider all of the weird events that have been occurring globally.............

Looks like lines are being drawn in the sand. The question is, which side will you be on?

I say we send the TSA over to NK and give em a lil good ol' fashioned cavity search. They gotta be hiding those nukes somewhere!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
MEANWHILE...

Back to the big picture, it appears that in lue of this temper tantrum in Korea, The markets across the globe slump it looks like about two percent. Which equals billions of capital.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This reminds me of a Swedish mini series ("Täcknamn Ramona"), taking place during the 1950's in Sweden, specifically 1953. In the end of the series, the two main characters, who are intelligence officers, are called back to the headquarters, because the Soviets have shot down one of "our" airplanes, a Catalina ("The Catalina Affaire"). The more experienced of the two agents then say, "Nu blir det fan krig...", or in English, roughly;

"It's going to be *beep* war".

That same line seems oddly appropriate to me right now...

Of course, that might just be me overreacting, and I hope so.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Geez!!! Why are folks arguing over whether it was a bomb, rocket, srtillery, shell etc. Who gives a f%$#Ck!!!!!

Agreed, the source of the explosion and the explosion itself are attributed to North Korea. Speculation about definition is arbitrary to the consequences.

but...

The situation is the same as always. NK does something, SK ssays "if you do it again we will respond". And NK doesnt do anything further and it dies down. Mark my words kids...nothing to see here-i promise.

I don't believe rocket fire has been exchanged between these two nations since 1953. Could you please give me a Korean Conflict source where blood was shed after 1980? S. Korea and N. Korea were involved in Vietnam (lightly) so I guess you could use that as a source, but I want conflict on the mainland (or maritime) Korea in order to corroborate your statement.

link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Good posting tarifa37 after i have seen this video, i see no Shells from a artillery, it seems its one of those traps that want us into war nothing more.

I don't see anything related to A artillery shell.

link   
Who needs war between N and S Korea, theres more than enough conflict going on right here in this thread!!!

Pity there's not a simple "Update" thread minus the in depth bickering..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am glad that SK and the US and China have shown restraint here-if someone took this situation to the next level it could turn into the end of civilisation in a matter of hours.

Many call SK "weak" for not retalliating,but I would say they are wise not weak.

But on the other hand,is it ANY wonder some other countries may wish to get their own nukes?
This situation shows that they do work as a deterrent,or Lil Kim and co would have been vapourised years back.

I would like to see the end of the NK regime though,)as life is horrid for the people there)just not at the expense of the entire "civilised" world and its grandchildren.

Messed up world this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join