It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished My Christmas Shopping and Most People At The Mall were Foreigners

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just went to the mall and I was the only white guy in the whole place. There were a couple of black soldiers. Only a few of the people in the mall were from another country. I live next to Mexico. Spanish is what was spoken in the mall. So why are the white people not shopping? Here it is because the white people left the area. In the city from the OP I bet the reason the whites stayed away is because they just can't stand shopping with all the "foreigners". I went to a crappy Indian (east) doctor once. This did not influence my opinion of the work ethic of Indians.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Japanese was really alot easier than I thought. I met some young Japanese nationals at Peace Park in Hiroshima and they wanted to learn English. So we started a study group 3 nights a week and our exchange was to learn about each others culture and language. the first hour we spoke english and talked about movies, music, history, the second hour we spoke Japanese and talked of the same it worked out well. I think another thing that helped was that I was pretty far away from American speaking people. I had no choice but to learn to make it. I think that helped the accelerated learning.

Congrats on spanish It is a very dificult language I think one of the hardest because of so many ways to say things. But Good for you I wish you the best of luck!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Yes I do see the point of your argument and you are right.

Now, let's take me for an example.

My husband and I share one ten year old car vs a big brand new SUV most American drive (but I see a lot of Europeans driving these now too on HGTV House Hunters International).

Our house and town house are almost paid off. We bought two homes we could afford and put down a good down payment.

We have no outstanding credit on our cards, except for the $200. I spent for Christmas and that will be paid in full, before months end.

We have money saved.

Have not gone on a vacation in over a decade.

Rarely eat out.

If we do eat out, it's normally never over ten dollars per person.

Do not buy Armadi, Gucchi or Prada.

Pretty much follow Suze Orman's financial guidelines, "Is it a need or a want".

Even with the loss of my job, we have managed to save enough that we will muddle through.

So please don't lump all Americans as crazy spenders.

Many are, but I am not.

And I still say our government is not looking out for us.

Corporations are being allowed to hire non-Americans because foreigners work for less money.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow people.

"Foreigners".....REALLY???

You know that you can be an American citizen and not be "white" or "black"....RIGHT?

You know that you can be an American citizen and be free to speak a different language with your family/friends while out shopping.....RIGHT???

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There is only ONE race on this planet and that race is HUMAN.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, I also noticed many of the cashiers and stockers were foreign.

You would think our government would look out for and hire Americans before foreigners.

WOW...this has got to be up there on some list of most ignorant statements ever made.

How exactly do you know these people aren't "Americans" just by looking at them?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
So glad I don't live in America. Shocking how many racists live there.

The thing is...they don't even realize they are racist.

I bet the OP doesn't think she is racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
This is a prime example of why all forms of immigration need to be stopped immediately for at least 20 or 30 years.

It must be stopped by whatever means are necessary up to and including the use of military force.

And why is that???

Is America becoming to brown...are you saying you need to whiten it up a little?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wait till the day after thanksgiving (blackbFriday) and go back to the mall. White people will be all over the mall looking for deals. As for me. My family and I usually shop 2 weeks after christmas when everything is up to 70% off. Its not a minority thing its a smart shopper thing!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

If you are insinuating I am a racist you are wrong.

Please don't jump to conclusions and spout such assumptions. You do not know me.

My husband and I demonstrated for civil rights in our country.

I simply reported my observations.

Companies are insourcing and outsourcing non-Americans due to foreigners usually take lower wages.

Personally, I think if an American and a foreigner both apply for the same job and both are equally qualified, the American born should get preference.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT AMERICANS????

You can't tell based off their skin color or the language they speak.....doing so IS RACIST.

This thread is driving me nuts.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I don't know if we live in the same area.. But you essentially just described one of the largest malls in town around here..

I bet the best deals are now, as opposed to after thanksgiving.. I don't mean to stereotype, but I've noticed that asian immigrants usually seem to be really good with money.. I got to see this working as a cashier several places.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You demonstrated for civil right; whoopedy-doo! You look at the color of someone's skin and listen to their accent and decide they are not American. I don't know how you can see that as anything but racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You would think our government would look out for and hire Americans before foreigners.

I didn't realise your government hired the people who work in chain stores?

Diversity is a good thing. Just because people don't speak the same language as you doesn't mean they're foreigners. Just because people look different to you doesn't mean they're foreigners.
Just because people are willing to do jobs that are poorly paid doesn't mean they are foreigners. If you have any beef with this why not contact the stores directly and ask them why they are employing people who look different and speak differently to you?

This is one of the problems of the World today, and not just in the U.S.A. People are suspicious of the origins of others and feel threatened either personally or on the behalf of someone because of some misguided sense of patriotism and and very shallow surface of acceptance which as quickly turns to blind racism.

I wonder what the 'First Nations' people would have to say about this?

edit on 22-11-2010 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

You are talking about 2 seperate things. Yes, freeloaders are not good. Yet, most immigrants work their asses off to support their families. We should all take a lesson from them.

If 2 people from China want to speak Chinese to each other in public, who the hell cares? You say you could carry on a conversation in Japanese; I bet you anything immigrants (legal) in the US can also speak English, they just feel comfortable conversing in their own languages. I am quite sure that had you met Americans in Japan, you would have spoken to them in English.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I know what you mean, the last time I went to a shopping mall in the states I didn't see a single "Native American" just all of these strange pale faced European types talking strangely and walking around like they owned the place

I'm afraid that the official stats also disagree with your extensive (looking at peoples shopping baskets) survey if you want to be rich in the USA it's still far better to be white..

National Income Statistics

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The reason that so many people in America are hurting is because it is cheaper to hire outside,

But But..isn't that what your precious capitalism is all about?

I haven't seen the OP answer the question, how did she know the nationality of all these foreigners?

It's easy to blame the evil foreigners, or hell the banks, they are even easier to blame, but in the end it's OUR fault. We have all swallowed the "American dream" mantra, the everyone can be rich, and if you're not you can LOOK rich. We supported governments that bent over backwards for corporations all in the name of profit. We took out loans we couldn't afford. We bought houses we couldn't afford. We agreed with corporate lobbyists that said convinced us that we didn't need unions. We allowed our ELECTED officials to become latchkeys of corporations.

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Ha Ha, great one. Yes, we are all invaders all the way down to our KKK. Native Americans will now be known as insurgents, if they complain.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

This is one of the problems of the World today, and not just in the U.S.A. People are suspicious of the origins of others and feel threatened either personally or on the behalf of someone because of some misguided sense of patriotism and and very shallow surface of acceptance which as quickly turns to blind racism.

Agree. However it's not a new problem. It's old as as human kind to fear ones who are different. I guess I just hoped that we had evolved out of this very draconian fear. I guess I'm an idealist to hope that humanity can change for the better.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I didn't realise your government hired the people who work in chain stores?

Diversity is a good thing. Just because people don't speak the same language as you doesn't mean they're foreigners. Just because people look different to you doesn't mean they're foreigners.
Just because people are willing to do jobs that are poorly paid doesn't mean they are foreigners. If you have any beef with this why not contact the stores directly and ask them why they are employing people who look different and speak differently to you?

I wonder what the 'First Nations' people would have to say about this?

edit on 22-11-2010 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

Heh,first nations .. right? Im Piegan Blackfoot. Ive said what I have said. This is MY America. I respect her laws, customs, and love her. I speak her language and I defend her from absurd assumptions and lies.I acclimated and dont live on the rez bubble eating govt cheese and recipes from the " NA cookbooks" which include govt staples. I expect immigrants to do the same. This BS with "indigenous" folks whining gets on my nerves. Those of us on the rolls and rez kids are Americans, no matter how we want to twist it or how those from other countries want to use us to justify their views when they have no idea how we feel as a majority and use publicized BS assumptions. Us living apart and whining about the white man is JUST AS BAD as the Bosnian who takes over 6 city blocks and runs that portion of main street America like a foreign country.

If no one has figured it out, this is America. The racist is just as protected to voice their views as the sanctimonious. We are allowed to individually express our personal views here no matter if they are popular or not. Im sorry this frightens some so greatly.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
We are allowed to individually express our personal views here no matter if they are popular or not. Im sorry this frightens some so greatly.

I'm not frightened. Just disappointed.
Even the country I live in has it's share of racial intolerances and finger pointing. Much like Merigold, I hope that humanity can change for the better and become more tolerant and accepting of differences and less 'jealous' or bitter or suspicious.
edit on 22-11-2010 by aorAki because: capitalising.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join