It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished My Christmas Shopping and Most People At The Mall were Foreigners

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

The same sort of xenophobic comment that might come from a true bigot. I don't think you are a bigot yourself but be realistic, white people are not an oppressed minority and aren't even close to going in that direction. America has always had immigrants and foreigners and we usually treated them like crap so don't get all xenophobic merely because equality finally came a knocking. We all have differences but we're all human and if we focused more on what makes us the same we'd be able to get more done. The sooner we realize that the sooner we can grow up as a society.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Advantage

For a group of people in ATS that are supposed to deny ignorance.. I see a hell a lot of it IMO. So very touchy and sensitive... whining almost. I hope this isnt a representation of the majority of Americans ( thank God not he majority I know personally)... if so, boy are we in trouble. Sounds like a bunch of group-think demanding weakling whiners.

Again, how did this lady know they were foreigners? Spout off all you'd like, but it's rather likely they weren't foreigners and she's just whining.

You missed my point completely.. in my spouting off. I thought thats what we did on message boards.. maybe only some are allowed to spout off without it being called spouting off. Who knows.

Of course she is whining.. pretty obvious in my opinion, Didnt think it needed to be spelled out, but she is allowed. Just like others are allowed their opinions. Just like those who demand conformity or they feel perfectly justified in condemning and insulting a person .. they are allowed. Thats whining as well in my opinion.. some cant handle it that others dont conform to their idea of whats politically correct and behave as if they are injured over someone's thoughts or a word like "foreigner". WHy give someone's opinion or a stupid word power over you? Thats rhetorical of course. I always wondered who or what invented this ticker list of what is and isnt politically correct AKA acceptable group-think.

Another spout.. for years I have been amused at how some interpret these black words on a screen with the attitude or sentiment they themselves read into it.. from whatever they are harboring within themselves... which is not necessarily the attitude or sentiment of the poster. Im not above it.. Im guilty of it too.. but hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving it, right?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

You missed my point completely.. in my spouting off. I thought thats what we did on message boards.. maybe only some are allowed to spout off without it being called spouting off. Who knows.

What you had to say was not relevant to my original point. She never said how she knew they were foreigners and because she did not factually prove they were foreigners, I am left to conclude they were not foreigners and she was judging based on faulty assumptions. Renders her whole whine fest moot.

Of course she is whining.. pretty obvious in my opinion, Didnt think it needed to be spelled out, but she is allowed. Just like others are allowed their opinions.

And I didn't say she couldn't whine. Just don't expect everyone else to sit around and shut up because you want them to. I didn't tell her not to speak and I'm not telling you to be quiet.

. I always wondered who or what invented this ticker list of what is and isnt politically correct AKA acceptable group-think.

Oh, that argument, "everyone who doesn't think like me is deluded", Boring.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hi friend,
I was going to point out to you what was really going on, and how it's a push from the wealthy to reduce living standards for the rest, particularly attacking the living standards of middle class Americans.
Immigration is a tool they have used for this purpose.
The encouraging of people to overcommit on credit, leading to massive forclosures, was another.

It's been easy for others to blame the victims here, and on an individual level they sometimes are to blame, but the fact is a trap was carefully set, and there were bound to be enough suckers falling for it to collapse the housing market.

However I saw you've just made a new thread oulining the financial problems:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I should have known you'd be onto it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This seems like a song that represents how the OP feels.

What has happened to this place
I don’t recognize it anymore
It used to be so fun and special
What is life worth living for

The dream is dead
Our land is gone
There’s a hole in my heart
And I can’t go on

There are too many minorities (minorities)
At my water park (my water park)
This was our land, our dream (our dream)
and they’ve taken it all away

They just keep coming and coming (minorities)
I tried to go and tell the police
But even the authorities
Are minorities (are minorities)
At my water park

There’s no place for me to sit anymore
And the lines just keep getting crazier
There are Mexicans all around me
The lazy river has never been lazier

It’s a 40 minute wait to go down one slide
And the instructions are in Spanish on the Zip Line ride (just do it in English!)

There are too many minorities (too many)
At my water park (somebody do something)
Where did they all come from
Why can’t they leave this land alone

And it’s such a tragedy (feel a bit like dying)
We looked the other way too long
We’ve got to change our priorities
And get all these minorities
Out of my water park

(Minorities) Mexicans and Asians
Black people
I think I even saw Native Americans (gross)

God I’m asking please
Get all of these minorities
Out of my water park (my water park)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by OhZone

. I don't think you are a bigot yourself but be realistic, white people are not an oppressed minority and aren't even close to going in that direction.

Huh?

It's pretty well known that whites will be a minority in America sometime between 2040 and 2050. The U.S. will be a minority-majority by that point, and whites will number less than half of the population.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

The keyword is oppressed. We're not going to be an oppressed minority.

I'm aware that at some point in the future, at least here in the US, "white" people will be probably be a minority however the odds of white people becoming an oppressed minority are negligible at best. This sort of racial fear is very old, I'm sure similar ideas were tossed around whenever immigration surged throughout our history. And some of those immigrants that were hated were actually, by today's standards, White (Irish immigrants for instance).

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I simply reported my observations.

Your observations seem to be inaccurate. Many different skin colours represent the amalgam of America.

While it is a true statement that outsourcing occurs (lost my job during the same time they were outsourcing to India) I still find that it is disingenuous to assume that different skin colour equates to Non American. It's poor logic.

I read a portion of the thread but feel compelled to ask what city you live in...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

...color it (pun intended) however you want - but - the comments / observations in your op reek of white supremacist nationalism...

...your later attempt to make your negativity appear to be about immigration is absurd... had immigration reform been your objective, it would have been in your op...

...how long have your people been in the usofa?... if they could speak to you, do you think the original immigrants in your family would approve of you being so negative about today's immigrants?...

...one more thing - you complained that posters were being ugly to you, presuming things about you when they dont know you... isnt that exactly what you did to the people you denigrated in your op?...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I used to work in the third richest county in the US. The average income is 119k a year for this county. It has the highest concentration of people making over 100k in the US per capita.
So needless to say its a nice county. My job took me into newly built homes.
Over half the homes were owned by foreigners. If you go into extremely affluent neighborhoods like Potomac, (where Mike Tyson owns a home)most of them are owned by foreigners.

I think one contributing factor is that they do not have to pay through the nose for higher education, get saddled with debt, and therefore can take more pay and have less overhead. That and they come from wealthy families who can fund their lifestyles here to begin with, helping them afford a nice education that many Americans can't.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watermama

That idea of your is very noble and idealistic. However, it is probably against natural laws. For instance birds are birds right? Well, how often do you see a mixed group of birds sitting on a wire or on the ground together? Not
often. Birds of a feather flock together naturally. How do they know who's like them, and who is not? It is probably in their DNA this natural selection. People who breed dogs are picky about picking out a good mate for their dog. Such desiring another dog who is smart, easy going, attractive, heathy, good bone structure, etc... I believe in nature it is called the natural law of selection. Who is to say that different alien groups didn't tamper with the humans and create all these races in the first place. Is Earth a social experiment of alien global melting pot? We should all appreciate each other for our unique differences. Celebrate that we are all different and that we are not bored with each other.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'm actually more in awe that you FINISHED your Christmas shopping... Wow, I can never do that until a few days before the holiday, hehe...

As for the foreigner angle though, I'm not surprised. We have many other nationals come here to buy goods cheaper, where their currency goes further, or they get better deals, etc., so of course they will be here for the best deal days of the year. I don't think it's as indicative of the whole shopping season though.
edit on 29-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You would think our government would look out for and hire Americans before foreigners.

Why? Why should a person be hired according to his skin color?

But, our government doesn't discourage companies from hiring non-Americans.

I'm not sure why they should...

Sorry, but while I do like diversity, I do think that American jobs ought to be given to American born people first.

WHY?

Personally, I think if an American and a foreigner both apply for the same job and both are equally qualified, the American born should get preference.

WHY?

Again, you must judge each individual on their own merit.

Oh, my God, I give up!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Again, you must judge each individual on their own merit.

Oh, my God, I give up!

I didn't catch that...blatant contradiction!!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Furthermore you are sitting there proclaiming they are taking all the low-paying, jobs and driving the wages down. Well, if that's the case what are they doing in the mall dripping with jewels?

It's those uneducated, third worlder, illegal immigrants from India... and Mexico... wearing all the jewels...

Did it occur to the OP that maybe there are foreigners vacationing here, spending their money and boosting our economy? I really hated reading this thread, but I did, because I want to know how people think and how they justify the things they say... I'm no more educated about that than I was before , but I'm very surprised at the OP's position...

I think a lot of people are scared to death of white people becoming a minority. They automatically assume that being in a minority means being treated badly.... Why is that? Is it because we know how white people have treated the minorities over the years and are afraid that we'll now be in that position? It's all fine and dandy as long as white people have more numbers.

Someone alluded to the fact that it will be great once we're all a nice, creamy, mocha color and simply can't tell the 'race' of the person who's wearing the jewels. I would love to be around when that happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
America needs to take care of her own people.

With 10% (or more) unemployment, one would think that the government would consider lowering the number of green cards issued to foreign workers until Americans were back on their feet. Amazingly, recently released data from the Department of Homeland Security shows that we have actually increased immigration. Far from reflecting supply and demand, our legal immigration numbers continue to climb no matter the state of the national economy.

The latest figures come from fiscal year 2009. The fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, which is when our economic collapse began and continued through September of 2009. Over five million Americans lost their jobs over that period.

America issued 1,130,818 permanent green cards, 808,478 of which were given to immigrants of working age. This is an increase over 2008 and 2007. Excluding the extra green cards given after the 1986 amnesty, this was the second highest number of green cards issued since 1914. From 2000 though 2009, we issued 10,299,430—the highest decade in American history.

In addition to the green cards, the government issued 881,840 temporary work visas and gave refugee or asylum status to 96,721 aliens. The total increase to the American workforce was 1.75 million foreign workers. According to the Census Bureau, 1 out of every 6 workers is foreign born.

What are the possible justifications for this policy? Are these immigrants taking jobs Americans won’t do? With the unemployment rate at nearly 10%, no one can say this with a straight face.

Does this create diversity? The pool of legal immigrants is rather un-diverse. Less than 10% of them come from Europe.

Does this decrease illegal immigration? If that were the case, you would have expected the illegal immigration numbers to decline as legal immigration increased. In fact, they have both skyrocketed

Unemployment and the Immigration Glut
Posted by Virgil Goode on May 28th, 2010 and filed under FrontPage. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Print This Post A A A

With 10% unemployment, one would think that the government would consider lowering the number of green cards issued to foreign workers until Americans were back on their feet. Amazingly, recently released data from the Department of Homeland Security shows that we have actually increased immigration. Far from reflecting supply and demand, our legal immigration numbers continue to climb no matter the state of the national economy.

The latest figures come from fiscal year 2009. The fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, which is when our economic collapse began and continued through September of 2009. Over five million Americans lost their jobs over that period.

America issued 1,130,818 permanent green cards, 808,478 of which were given to immigrants of working age. This is an increase over 2008 and 2007. Excluding the extra green cards given after the 1986 amnesty, this was the second highest number of green cards issued since 1914. From 2000 though 2009, we issued 10,299,430—the highest decade in American history.

In addition to the green cards, the government issued 881,840 temporary work visas and gave refugee or asylum status to 96,721 aliens. The total increase to the American workforce was 1.75 million foreign workers. According to the Census Bureau, 1 out of every 6 workers is foreign born.

What are the possible justifications for this policy? Are these immigrants taking jobs Americans won’t do? With the unemployment rate at nearly 10%, no one can say this with a straight face.

Does this create diversity? The pool of legal immigrants is rather un-diverse. Less than 10% of them come from Europe.

Does this decrease illegal immigration? If that were the case, you would have expected the illegal immigration numbers to decline as legal immigration increased. In fact, they have both skyrocketed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of talking about reducing these numbers, politicians are calling for raising the level of legal immigration. Senators Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), and Harry Reid (D-NV) recently released an outline for their ideas for “comprehensive immigration reform.” They call for adding an additional 3.4 million family visas and 550,000 work visas.

In the house, Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Solomon Ortiz’s (D-TX) introduced the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America’s Security and Prosperity Act (H.R. 4321) which makes the same proposals for increasing family and work visas, but one ups them by adding a special new visa category of 100,000 permanent green cards a year to go specifically to Latin American countries.

There are two bills in Congress that will reduce legal immigration. Rep. Phil Gingrey’s (R-GA) Nuclear Family Priority Act (H.R.878) will limit family based immigration and reduce 111,800 green cards. Rep. Bob Goodlatte’s (R-VA) SAFE for America Act (H.R.2305 ) will eliminate the Visa Lottery category that grants 50,000 visas a year. Unfortunately, the Republican leadership is not backing these bills and they only have 30 and 57 co-sponsors, respectively.

These bills are a great start, but even if they passed we’d still issue nearly one million green cards a year. If we really want to put Americans back to work, we need a moratorium across nearly all categories of legal immigration. A moratorium will free up jobs for American citizens, reduce the stress on social services, and allow the immigrants already here to assimilate.

frontpagemag.com...

Corporations are outsourcing and insourcing jobs to foreign born people because they will work for less and increase the corporations profit of margins.

The many nasty posts I have received are mostly people that don't care because this has not affected them yet and or they are foreign born.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join