It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“We had to destroy them to make them safe.” pentagram blows up Afghan homes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

thanks for taking the time to check the link I posted...
as I said there are lots of links illustrating what I claimed.
I just posted the first link of the top of the page as a refence to start with.
google "us guards opium" you will find even mainstream news covering it as I said it is..

the US made a deal right off the bat with the warlords allowing them to grow and sell opium because the taliban would behead them for growing the stuff..thats why the production was almost nill under the Taliban and has exploded to record hights under the US...

if you want to know dig a little, it is all there.
if you read Bryzyski's book on the subject, he started the taliban when he was Carter's national security advisor, to flood the russians with killer dope to lure them into afghanistan in the first place and then gave them the stinger missles...he hates the ruskis.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the response to the russian request to stop with the opium...

The United States Point of View
The United States, on the other hand, has strategic reservations and feels that the destruction of poppy fields in Afghanistan could worsen the war and cause farmers to join the Taliban. Washington thinks that the efforts so far towards crop eradication has been a failure and is not been effective in terms of winning the war. The Taliban is not affected and it has the added harm of putting farmers out of work...
...In fact, Richard Holbrooke, the US’s top envoy for Afghanistan, states that the US is going to phase out crop eradication

www.drugrehabranch.com...

here is one regarding the US russia heroin situation
very tellin IMHO

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
"U.S. TROOPS GUARD OPIUM - U.S. FAMILY SWAT TEAMED For POT - PHONY "DRUG WAR"
here is an example of the hits from the search term i mentioned above

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hey Danbones have you checked out the FOIA documents on the Gulf of Tonkin? Some incredible info in those pages. Perhaps you could make some conclusions about where we are now based on the past records of where we have been?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

They can't get hurt by explosive devices if the US army has already killed them...

Well then, likewise, nobody here will be able to make an ignorant statement if you have already made one.

So in your vast knowledge of procedure... Do you think they cleared the village of civilians first? YES!!
Should our soldiers have gone in, risking life and limb to search and destroy these land mines? NO!!
Do you think our soldiers displaced these families just for kicks? NOT A CHANCE!!

Are you remotely aware of the cost (globaly) to remove old land mines? If you read a headline saying "US spends 5 billion to remove land mines" You would be one of the first people posting the headline "US spends 5 billion clearing old land mines" bashing the US on the cost. YES
Is the US helping financially to rebuild? YES
Are you even remotely aware of the loss of lives, from land mines? How about the cost of removal? Or did you see "US destroys Village", and like a moth to a flame, you couldn't help but push your anti-US propaganda. You can say "no" if you like... But placement and tone of your thread and following posts, paint this as ANTI-US.

Here is some info, that you will disregard (because it puts this into perspective) but others will see the logic in the tactic they used.

•It is estimated that there are 110 million active landmines.This means that there is one landmine for every 17 children in the world. Or, in other words, one landmine for every 52 people.
•Another 110 million landmines are stored ready to be used.
•Landmines are found in over 70 countries.
2,000 people are involved in landmine accidents every month - one person every 20 minutes. Around 800 of these will die. 1,200 will be maimed.

•Clearing mines is very dangerous work. For every 5,000 mines that are removed, one person is killed and two people are are injured.
•About 100,000 mines are removed each year. At this rate it would take 1,100 years to clear all the landmines in the world (assuming that no new mines are laid).

Seems to me, this was the most cost effective and thourough method. If you have a better option, bring it. Make sure it is a logical solution - NOT "maybe we shouldn't be there in the first place." this is not a proper response to your thread. Your thread is discussing the mines and their disposal (destruction of an entire village)

The problem exists (regardless of cause or reason for) and has to be handled.

•The most common mines are cheap - between $3 and $30 - but it can cost 50 times as much to remove each one.
•In 1996 the UN Secretary General estimated that it would cost more than $50 billion to remove landmines throughout the world. However, in the same year, less than $150 million was available for removing mines.
•Landmines cause many other costs: land that cannot be used, roads that cannot be used, loss of trade, and the costs of treating injured people.
•Egypt has the most landmines in its land: 23 million. Many of these were left over from World War Two. (Fortunately, these mines don't cause many injuries because they are only found in areas near Egypt's borders.)

Land mines are like a "memory" of the wars that can still kill you. Until they completely ban landmines, we are going to have to deal with this inevitable after thought of wars.

Land mines and their damage put a major strain on a country after a war. A country like Afghanistan is going to have a hard enough time recovering from this, without any added costs or casualities.

•Landmine injuries put a great strain on a country's whole health system. People hurt by mines need many kinds of help; but if you consider only the medical care, the cost of treating mine victims is very high. They need more antibiotics, more dressings and they need to stay in hospital longer than most other patients. On average, people who have an amputation need seven times as much blood as people with gunshot wounds. If 10% of patients in a hospital have been wounded by mines, they may cause 80% of the work in the hospital and use 80% of its supplies.
•The resources needed to treat landmine victims can also take resources away from other serious problems. Sometimes people are so concerned about landmine injuries that they do not realise even more people are dying from other causes. In Cambodia, for example, there were many landmine victims, but even more people were dying from diseases like malaria and tuberculosis.

Link to source: www.newint.org...

If you haven't already figured it out, I completely agree with the removal tactics of the US military.
Just to cut off your following attacks ....
1) Do not agree with these wars.
2) I feel badly for the civilians in Afghanistan.
3) There needs to be accountability for all "live" land mines, left over after the war.

Maybe if the Taliban had any respect for their fellow Afghanis they wouldn't place these in civilian populated areas.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

How about, because there aren't mines in Detroit and New York.... When are people going to start thinking before they say things.. Its getting pathetic and out of hand..

That comparison was ignorant at best!

They aren't blowing up the towns for fun... They are using explosives to detonate mines that are left behind, that will kill and maime innocents in the future... wow. wow wow
edit on 11/22/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I find it sad and pathetic that a member for 5 years would write the things you are writing... Did you read the article? Did you know they are detonating mines?.. They say there are to many mines, to just let them go. wow. wow . wow
read the article if you haven't... If you have, shame on you for not comprehending why they were doing this.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

How about, BECAUSE there aren't MINES IN DETROIT AND NEW YORK.... When are people going to start thinking before they say things.. Its getting pathetic and out of hand..

That comparison was ignorant at best!

I do very much apologize for being ignorant and pathetic. I suppose I was missing something in the following blurb from the original article...

“In Arghandab District, for instance, every one of the 40 homes in the village of Khosrow was flattened by a salvo of 25 missiles, according to the district governor, Shah Muhammed Ahmadi, who estimated that 120 to 130 houses had been demolished in his district,” reported the New York Times, Nov. 16, 2010.
The Pentagon asserts that they must destroy the homes because some of them may have explosive devices inside.

I see now that it was so stupid of me not to assume that these people were living in houses with landmines inside of them.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to exactly what the wording is that we should be looking at in the article that states that they were flattening homes to take out land mines? I would hate to be ignorant again.

And let me make it clear.. not only did I read the original article.. I REREAD IT before posting this and just now reread it and searched for the word MINES.. the only reference was that they were having to make new military roads.

The article discusses a lot more than mines and the main part of the article discusses the fact that they were leveling HOMES.
edit on 11-22-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So we spend trillions to war and avoid destroying the people. Then we realize this is not working so we decide to destroy all the people. It would have saved so much money if we just wiped them out in the first place. I would not be for that, but we are doing it anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Fabulous, unbiased reporting and a great source - NOT.

Go figure an anti-war site, ANSWER.org, would put out biased stories showing how war is bad and how evil America is.

I'm sure answercoalition.org is the acme of fair journalism.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well, I applaud you for recognizing your flaws.. props to you

Fact: There are (were) explosives in the homes
Fact: They are not willing to go in and disarm them.
Fact: They could walk away and let civilians die from them.
Fact: They would rather save the cost of the 25 missles and not level the houses.
Fact: They assesed the situation and decided that it would be better in the long run to flatten the whole lot of them.
Fact: We are giving them enough Aid to rebuild 50 of those villages
Fact: Your self depracating humor made your original post about Detroit and New York no less pathetic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Well, I applaud you for recognizing your flaws.. props to you

Fact: There are (were) explosives in the homes
Fact: They are not willing to go in and disarm them.
Fact: They could walk away and let civilians die from them.
Fact: They would rather save the cost of the 25 missles and not level the houses.
Fact: They assesed the situation and decided that it would be better in the long run to flatten the whole lot of them.
Fact: We are giving them enough Aid to rebuild 50 of those villages
Fact: Your self depracating humor made your original post about Detroit and New York no less pathetic.

Well, actually my lame attempt at humor was actually a bit out of character for me and in poor taste. Which is why I usually do not reactively post.. a slip up on my part.

I feel your points, however (land mines on roads aside), actually reinforce my initial comments about Detroit and NYC and other areas with slums. Just run the people out, bomb their houses, then tell everyone they are safer. What's the differance? It's cheaper, safer, and apparently totally ok if we give them money to rebuild their neighborhoods.. except that we obviously cannot do that to ourselves.. only other countries.

edit on 11-22-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The difference is... There arent booby traps on the houses in Detroit.. There aren't dead animals on the side of the road wired with explosives in New York. The Taliban strategically booby traps houses and travel routes to effectively kill coalition soldiers.

Normally if the town is strategically important, they will send in a squad and assess the risk and disable the explosives if it is important. Apparently there was enough explosives or the threat of explosives, and the town wasn't of strategic importance. So they thought it would make more sense to sweep the entire area with missiles.

Do I think it was an ideal solution???.... No, and I am sure that the soldiers weren't excited to destroy families homes. Everyone is so quick to paint our troops as blood thirsty savages....

Most of these boys are our neighbors, friends and teachers... Do you really think they took pleasure in destroying these homes? There may be some bad apples in the group, but for the most part they are caring humans just like you and I.

I feel it is totally irresponsible to paint our troops in this manner.

Comparing this to Detroit and New York is liek comparing apples to peanuts....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
some of them may have explosive
contains the word may

Since the US has never proven that afgahinstan had anything to do with 911 , this we hate america thing just doesn't fly. For instance when the uS government claimed OBL admitted that he did 911 and you listen the video they site and ther he is saying he had nothing to do with it...how dumb do they think we are...

then You have the CIA admitting they faked OBL videos...

So this we hate hate hate america stuff should be we hate liers who slaughter maybe.
Could we settle on that?
Cause it is so true. I so do not like great big people who lie to justify picking on wee little people who are telling the truth....and then lie about why, and bragg about how tuff they are, that is so UNAMERICAN
The founding fathers would take you out to the woodshed for that, I'm tellin ya.

that IS the point of this thread
I'm supposed to hate OBL for telling the truth he didn't do it...
while loving the liers who did.?
man, that is sick on so many levels.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Getting back to the word may
I guess the Taliban are killing American troops because they may (who am I trying to kid... ARE) kill (ing) children with drones.
the'll be glad to know its OK now for them to do that.
has anyone noticed the guilty till proven innocent now applies to the peeps in the US to

one big happy global bunch of peons getting put out of our homes by Zionazifacsist bankers.
(check out what happened to Obama's veto )

while people are goin:blow up their houses in Afgahinistan! YAY!
...who dat that knockin at yo do"?

ever see the movie "I come in Peace with Dolph Lundgren?
where the big alien has one line " I come in peace!"
then he jams a fix into you
then puts a spike into your head and sucks the space dope out of your frontal lobe
you die
he moves on to the next victim
"I come in peace"

well you get the idea

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Afghans should show more respect to the co-alition for setting them free! Despite the left wing exaggerations of the source article it does state truth when referring to doing it for their own safety

Wow just wow!
So the Afghans should have respect for those who chase them from thier homes and level them to the ground for thier own safety... Sigh! You give new meaning to the phrase "mentally challenged."

All they are doing is creating new insurgents with greater resolve to fight... Sigh! The US military actions in these countries is the greatest recruiting tool radical Islam could ever ask for...

Here is a thought why don''t we leave these people alone to resolve their differences themselves... How long will the majority of Americans remain in their media induced fog of why we are there and what we are actually doing. Turn off the effin TV and buy and reverse osmosis water filter and wake up...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Getting back to the word may
I guess the Taliban are killing American troops because they may (who am I trying to kid... ARE) kill (ing) children with drones.
the'll be glad to know its OK now for them to do that.

You must be kidding right? Right? Or are you intentionally leaving out procedures and FACTS to make a point?

Is it US policy to target civilians, or do we assess the situation and weigh the collateral damage? You know damn well 99% of our men and women at war WOULD NOT intentionally kill a woman or child civilian!

"Let them know its now ok" ??
Do you have a time machine to 1990? you must!! They got the message to kill innocent civilians INTENTIONALLY decades ago. They will not deny this.. They have news conferences spreading the word that all Americans are targets.

Ok .. We have a corrupt govt..... It is safe to say there are bad seeds in our military... But your going to sit here and imply that our men and women, targeted civilians as SOP? At least we can say it was honestly a mistake or a calculated risk..

We (I) are (am) not arguing the validity of the war here.. I am specifically talking about your headline.. Something that you seem to have ADHD on.. Bright shiney doom and gloom to blame on the US, and your off and distracted.

has anyone noticed the guilty till proven innocent now applies to the peeps in the US to
one big happy global bunch of peons getting put out of our homes by Zionazifacsist bankers.
(check out what happened to Obama's veto ) while people are goin:blow up their houses in Afgahinistan! YAY!
...who dat that knockin at yo do"?

This paragraph was very telling for me.
Now I see the problem here. Instead of a good angel on one shoulder and a evil one on the other....
You have 2 Alex Jones's on your shoulders, both emotionally compromised. (Not a knock at you) He is either a great actor, or is going to snap very very soon... And nooooo I don't think "TPTB" will make him seem this way, or ruin him in some way shape or form. I think he is bat # crazy!

ever see the movie "I come in Peace with Dolph Lundgren?
where the big alien has one line " I come in peace!"
then he jams a fix into you
then puts a spike into your head and sucks the space dope out of your frontal lobe
you die
he moves on to the next victim
"I come in peace"

well you get the idea

I get it... You think that American soldiers are murderers that will kill people or leave them homeless without blinking an eye. Our men and women (that did not choose this war) are taking the full force of the globes BS... for our Govt. They are doing their job, and I still believe that 99% of them are doing it with honor and dignity!
So.. In short. I disagree!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

You must be kidding right? Right? Or are you intentionally leaving out procedures and FACTS to make a point?

One in Three Killed By Drones in Pakistan Is a Civilian
rethinkafghanistan.com...

Is it US policy to target civilians, or do we assess the situation and weigh the collateral damage? You know damn well 99% of our men and women at war WOULD NOT intentionally kill a woman or child civilian!

At that rate who cares if it is accidental or on purpose...fail

Do you have a time machine to 1990? you must!! They got the message to kill innocent civilians INTENTIONALLY decades ago. They will not deny this.. They have news conferences spreading the word that all Americans are targets.

Is that why brzynzski created the taliban? seems like a poor use of american tax dollars to me

Ok .. We have a corrupt govt..... It is safe to say there are bad seeds in our military... But your going to sit here and imply that our men and women, targeted civilians as SOP? At least we can say it was honestly a mistake or a calculated risk..

32 percent civilian death rate MISTAKE??
thats called FAIL...no wonder the canadians and now the brits hold the sniper records...one shot one kill

We (I) are (am) not arguing the validity of the war here

Since no one has ever proven the afghanis ever had anything to do with 911, except a refusal to grow opium under the taliban, and they gave the big pipe line deal to the Russians because the US blew the deal.
you show great wisdom in not going there ..but we are not arguing the non validity of the war because since no one has ever proven OBL did 911 that would be foolish on your part...you can't win that arguement with no proof.
Speaking of proof thats all the Taliban asked for and they would have handed OBL over..asfter all since bryzynski created the taliban...the were till you started slaughtereing the country were your allies..bad Karma there mate really...killing allies is like a sin

This paragraph was very telling for me.
Now I see the problem here. Instead of a good angel on one shoulder and a evil one on the other....
You have 2 Alex Jones's on your shoulders, both emotionally compromised. (Not a knock at you) He is either a great actor, or is going to snap very very soon... And nooooo I don't think "TPTB" will make him seem this way, or ruin him in some way shape or form. I think he is bat # crazy!

What has alex jones got to do with reporting that the congress just voted 168 to 5 to quash Obama's veto and allow the zionis banks to illegally foreclose on American homes thay aren't entitled to?
I'll bet you didn't even know America's zionist masters just bitch slapped you silly and turned you into palistein. Well now you know you have been sold down the river...also you can't knock me...you could back up your rant with some substance and convince me with a good, well reasoned debate, if you could write one...thats why we are here but, so far I haven't seen anything warrenting a re-examination of my point of view...

I get it... You think that American soldiers are murderers that will kill people or leave them homeless without blinking an eye. Our men and women (that did not choose this war) are taking the full force of the globes BS... for our Govt. They are doing their job, and I still believe that 99% of them are doing it with honor and dignity!

did that work for the Germans they had about 32 percent civilian death toll too...they called it the holocaust..and at nueremberg...well following orders was no excuse...

you know, I expected better from you...

This way of fighting is a tradition that goes way back a long way in the states...
Do you remember Gen'l george custer the HERO at the battle of the little big horn?
Do you recall how after all the years about how we heard about how heroic the cavalry was, out numbered, out gunned, and standing to the last man against the evil overwhelming indians hordes...
and then they dug up the battlefield and found out that while GAC (who wore a girdle) was slaughtering the defensless women and children ( it isn't collateral damage when it is murder), the braves came back, and faced with a real armed foe, custer and his men were found to have died running away from the battle?

What has changed except where is the real foe this time?

In this case the 32 percent civilian death rate I mentioned above is amoung your ALLIES

Meanwhile you have just had most of your money and land stolen by the zionist bankers, well not stolen, Obama gave it away, and you have been invaded by thirty million mexicans, well not invaded exactly, but it might as well be, niether party will close the borders...and big fat stinkin wierdos are sticking there hands down your wife and kids pants like they were palistinians, everytime you go to the airport...and coming soon to every training station, BUST stop, ATM, and street cornhole near you,
kiddypornxraymicrowavegenitleviewers

WELL DONE, YOU WIN

PS you did have one reall major American there in afghanistan his name was PAT TILMAN. After Bush lied about how he died in a taliban ambush...The army doctors came out and proved he was wasted on purpose..murdered by US black ops white guys

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: lots to fix eeep

edit on 23-11-2010 by Danbones because: fixing the fix aaaargggh

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Residential explosion leads authorities to massive cache of homemade explosive compounds
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, since it has been shown that the houses in San Diego suburb of Escondido may have explosives in them, can we now evacuate the neighborhood and call in air strikes to make them safe?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

Many in the Taliban leadership, which is largely made up of barely literate clerics from the countryside, had not been seen in person by American, NATO or Afghan officials.
American officials say they were skeptical from the start about the identity of the man who claimed to be Mullah Mansour — who by some accounts is the second-ranking official in the Taliban, behind only the founder, Mullah Mohammed Omar. Serious doubts arose after the third meeting with Afghan officials, held in the southern city of Kandahar. A man who had known Mr. Mansour years ago told Afghan officials that the man at the table did not resemble him. “He said he didn’t recognize him,” said an Afghan leader, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The Western diplomat said the Afghan man was initially given a sizable sum of money to take part in the talks — and to help persuade him to return.

www.nytimes.com...

wow the eveready energizer bunny hole just goes and goes and goes.....

excellent point RS regarding the explosives

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join