It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This will reduce unemployment. Without the benefits people will have to go back to work to survive.
There are many jobs available if you want one. Look for your self:

www.monster.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
This will reduce unemployment. Without the benefits people will have to go back to work to survive.

www.monster.com...

No duh it will reduce unemployed because they will not be counted anymore. And the jobs they will find will be at a fraction sometimes of what they were earning. America is not gaining jobs it is loosing them. So explain to me how there are more jobs now then before.

But let me guess the unemployed are just lazy in your eyes and aren't even looking for jobs right. I would be willing to bet you have not been in the work force for very long.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Probably the majority of people who are currently unemployed and collecting compensation voted these same republicans into office thinking they would be better than the democrats. ...Oh the web we weave. Not saying the democrats are any better, but the way our current political system is they're the lesser of the (2) evils.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Apart from that Surfrat's post I am stunned by the compassion and (dare I say it) social care that many of the comment on this thread have reflected...

I guess not all Americans are Right wing nut jobs after all!!!

Thank you ATS for putting me straight on that point!

edit on 21-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

They all sit at the same table at the country club. Left vs right is a made up game to keep the sheep busy while the real PTB rape and pillage us of freedom and money.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

www.monster.com...

America lost alot of MANUFACTURING JOBS that went overseas. This means that all those people in manufacturing jobs will have to go out and find a new job, BUT he or she will have to learn a new trade which means that alot of people would have to go back to school and when they graduate will find that all those jobs you posted will be gone. CHECK AND MATE.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Apart from that Surfrat's post I am stunned by the compassion and (dare I say it) social care that many of the comment on this thread have reflected...

I guess not all Americans are Right wing nut jobs after all!!!

Thank you ATS for putting me straight on that point!

edit on 21-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

I am conservative but I am not heartless. Don't fall for the left vs. right crap. They are all one in the same.

Things are not what they once were up is down and left is right. And the sooner you see it the better.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Subjective Truth

The government doesn't even have to do it, it's the same thing with the situation with the TSA, for 2 people who say I don't know I think it's wrong, there is some idiot, going no, no we have to degrade and humiliate ourselves and fear one another, it's the only way to be safe?

How do you overcome that? That's exactly how the government wants the people to be, they aren't going to educate them better, they are never going to disclose or explain the real financial dealings and obligations of this country, not even Ron Paul has the guts to do that. He certainly has to know a whole lot more about our debts and who they are owed to and isn't letting on, because I know a whole lot more about our debts and who they are owed too.

Yet you have that wacked out Patriot type, who won't listen to a thing that doesn't have mom, apple pie, chevies, and fox's news version of events and the wikipedias version of history, and then you have that pie in the sky liberal who just wants to say but, hey, what about gay, black, babies, with aides, shouldn't we be focused on them.

If it isn't that, it's the aliens are doing it all. or the every popular, it's Gods plan.

Brother, I hate to break it to you, but grab a snickers bar, these people are never ever ever ever going to get what's really going on if you draw them a picture and put naked girls in it.

All they want is to some how make it through another day, period.

Strangest thing, but entirely true!

I am the breed of idiot you speak of -

I believe you remove the airport security protocol and you will have an event to reinstitute the next round, beyond a doubt in my head. The populace who is currently outraged will demand it, look at the genesis of this current outrage -

The FIRST thought is my head after the Xmas bomber

www.abovetopsecret.com...

still applies today

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the question begs asking

If we are living in a construct composed of fake currency - why would any of us support people going super hobo or starving over a fake system of reward and money?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You cant make people more secure by taking away the very freedom you are protecting. It is truly that simple.

We need to get back to basics and that includes our choices in the government. Listen to what they are saying and make them stick to it.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

www.monster.com...

America lost alot of MANUFACTURING JOBS that went overseas. This means that all those people in manufacturing jobs will have to go out and find a new job, BUT he or she will have to learn a new trade which means that alot of people would have to go back to school and when they graduate will find that all those jobs you posted will be gone. CHECK AND MATE.
What do you really think will happen when this money is gone? HMMMMM, STOCK MARKET CRASH AGAIN. Put 2 and 2 together. And all this other junk going on with our money. WE PAY IN TAXES. WHAT A JOKE. THEY OWE US. It's time america got fed up with the bull.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I understand.

It's just that from a lot of the conversation I see on ATS I get the feeling that things like benefits and social care are dirty words in the U.S.A.
I am glad to be awakened of my ignorance on that particular subject I truly am

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

presstv.com

In eleven days, 800,000 people will lose all their benefits and by the end of the year, 2 million people will join their ranks, a Press TV correspondent reported on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

oh well,its your vote that counts huh?
welcome to the republican majority again,here we go.
FIRST CLASS FLIGHT STRAIGHT TO HELL.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I understand.

It's just that from a lot of the conversation I see on ATS I get the feeling that things like benefits and social care are dirty words in the U.S.A.
I am glad to be awakened of my ignorance on that particular subject I truly am

I believe the world needs liberals and conservative to keep the balance. At the end of the day we all want our families to be happy and healthy and free. Everything else is just filler.

TPTB want us to argue about every issue so we are divided. We need to remember the simple things that we all share and find common ground using that framework.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If 700 troops are killed every year, by 2015 that would equate to another 3500 lives gone to waste.

If every year, for one soldier 1 million dollar is spent, and there is 150000 soldiers. That would equal to 150000000000/year just for troop spending.

In five years, that would equate to 750000000000. That number in English means seven hundred fifty billion USD.

What is the point of spending that much money in Afghanistan, but cutting money from the un-employed?

I'm still surprised regarding how Americans submit their will, their sovereignty, their wealth to foreign/domestic thieves
edit on 21-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
If 700 troops are killed every year, by 2015 that would equate to another 3500 lives gone to waste.

If every year, for one soldier 1 million dollar is spent, and there is 150000 soldiers. That would equal to 150000000000/year just for troop spending.

In five years, that would equate to 750000000000. That number in English means seven hundred fifty billion USD.

What is the point of spending that much money again?

Westerners should be concerned.

I agree we need to stop the wars. And I am a conservative and my posts back that up. We have turned war into a industry just like soda or snack cakes. We need to keep the machine rolling to make money but fighting wars is a bad business to be in unless you have no choice.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

You cant make people more secure by taking away the very freedom you are protecting. It is truly that simple.

We need to get back to basics and that includes our choices in the government. Listen to what they are saying and make them stick to it.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

I don't have answers -

Did you see my thread on the Chertoff connection?

SOMEONE WILL use this,,, I am on the outs on ATS - but I find it just as interesting that this outrage involving
the patdowns is being stoked as this has been going on for a long time.

See too many seem to vex the visible government and completely forget about the agenda which is not addressable.

Create anger over patdowns to institute something that makes $$$$$$$$$

and that you can count on!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Don't worry about being on the outs I had the owner tell me that I should have been banned along time ago and I am still posting.
But I do believe you are 100% wrong about the pat downs. I will say it again giving up freedom to protect the very same freedom is insanity. Fear is what they want because it is a great motivator. Heck we will be begging them to make us safe.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

TPTB want us to argue about every issue so we are divided. We need to remember the simple things that we all share and find common ground using that framework.

PS

Your point here is great

Exactly what I mean about Security

We are talking about nut grabbing

The pivot of the OUTRAGE should raise eyebrows

THey are using their typical method of focusing on the disagreement

NOT

Solution

Their calling card

something IS fishy

Their calling card is always posed that way, pay attention and you will see

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Im not saying people should stay on unemployment , BUT GEE," WE ALL KNOW", we deserve it, we pay for it, and because all the times they highjacked our money to somewhere else spending," WE DID NOT VOTE ON". We all know that this 800,000 will effect the stock markets. Merry christmas AMERICA, you bum. This is what the unemployed will be. MARKED AS A BUM.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Don't worry about being on the outs I had the owner tell me that I should have been banned along time ago and I am still posting.
But I do believe you are 100% wrong about the pat downs. I will say it again giving up freedom to protect the very same freedom is insanity. Fear is what they want because it is a great motivator. Heck we will be begging them to make us safe.

Well I think you are too much in go mode

I am not saying Pat Down is good or I agree

I am saying it will be replaced and the replacement might be worse then you or I can comprehend from our perspective. It is the lesson of the war on terror my friend...

Your last line speaks of it, yet you call me wrong???

When these guys start focusing on security measures you oughta think way past

"ICKY, they are molesting people"

LOOK at the simple equation

MSM

Funded by Corporate Multi Nationalism

is pressuring the Government

also funded by Corporate Multinationalism

to challenge the status quo???

You see how that smells???

That's all I am saying - your great principle Popularly penned by Ben Franklin (in spirit) will be minced to pieces
by their echo chamber,,, one might use this great slogan to promote some wonderful evil

- i.e UNITED WE STAND

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join