It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
you do know why thier doing this right? this has been planned for ages, what u think those fema camps are for??

they are deliberatley trying to rile up the people!

u have tsa stickin thier hands down ur pants when ur going to fly, people get angry and start to protest

they are stopping benefits people get angry and start to protest,

riots will most definately occur when people are starving and have no heat or electricity because thier money has been stopped.

when people riot what happens?...MARSHAL LAW

the people who have had their money stopped that riot will be put into these fema camps, its much cheaper to feed these people twice a day in a camp than fork out benefit money.

kill 2 birds with one stone...save money and instill marshal law...job done!

whatever you people who are on benefits do...DONT RIOT! dont give them what they want.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

...And these people who voted them back in have nothing to complain about. If they were foolish enough to vote them back in, they have to suffer the consequences. Those unemployed people are going to learn their lessons the hard way.
It's unfortunate.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I am the breed of idiot you speak of -

Well now that we have that admission out of the way, perhaps you might want to better consider others point of view than trying to convince of the validity of what you can at least on some level determine is idiocy.

The response to the attacks on 9-11 and the few other much more minor and equally dubious in origin terror related attacks on airlines since, is dispraportianate to the actual event.

More Americans have been killed in auto fatalities involving deer than on 9-11.

We aren't setting up metal detectors in the woods or calling out stealth bombers to bomb the deer into extinction.

People who think with their emotions such as yourself, are simply being taken advantage of by cruel calculating business men looking to make trillions off of your fears and have, and governments wishing to take away your rights and pride and dignity which they have.

This entirely dispraportionate response to these limited attacks are simply political and financial opportunism at it's most agregious and offensive.

Just because you like the drama of it, is no excuse to bankrupt and humiliate us all by supporting these theives and despots.

We didn't implement these things when Americans like DB Cooper were highjacking airlines, or when a former PSA employee sent a jet full of people hurdling into the ground, or when Americans highjacked planes to Cuba, or when an american set off a bomb on an airplane so his family could collect on Insurance money.

We did though when it suited the Military Industial Complex's, Bankers, and Oil Companies needs for military expansion abroad by using 9-11 as an excuse to sell many Americans a thinly veiled religious crusade that would benefit the above entities.

So yes you are correct, supporting it is entirely idiotic at the cost the government wants us to support it and people like yourself want too.

edit on 21/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

Just curious for your opinion here, but lets say Americans had to start living like this again. A unwilling return to pawpaw and mawmaws way of life with no money to eat let alone things like ipods, iphones, cable TV or Call of Duty online. Do you think young Americans could even make this change? I bet alot of people in the south could because most of us grow up knowing or way around firearms and skinnin critters, but still I think we would see people all over the country starving and dying of things like scurvy and malnutrition.

It does not matter whether they can make the change, necessity is the mother of invention, and they won't be marching on D.C. or their State Capitos with hungry bellies, they will be begging and scraping and offering to do any menial function that they are capable to fill their bellies. They will stay engaged in that process until they can get some food in their bellies and then they shall repeat the process over and over and over again.

Some might die, but here on planet earth, our Masters have long displayed life is very cheap.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
America is a 'has-been' country....a 'used to be' nation! It was a nation that got PLAYED just like all the other great nations. I don't know what made america/ns think it was the exception to the rule. The bank did, what it was designed to do: Offer the world...then deliver nothing in return. Whenever there are 'strings' attached to ANY DEAL....you KNOW SOMETHING AINT RIGHT! Gov't and banks (all in the same), are good at that.

For example: has anyone ever done some research regarding 501c3 organizations? You DO know what they are, right? They're "non-profit" organizations...like churches. Well, as it turns out...when you become a "non-profit" org. there are many restrictions...as to what you can and CAN'T do. The reason why churches don't get into politics is because they ARE NOT ALLOWED to! They gave up that right, when they decided to be TAX-EXEMPT! I guess that's why Jesus said, "Render to Caesar (gov't) what is Caesar's (taxes) and God what is God's (your purpose/reason for existance).

See, the problem is THIS: PEOPLE......ALL PEOPLE......BELIEVE IN THE WORLD'S SYSTEM...AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT GOD'S Kingdom! The world says: "Borrow, borrow, borrow, you MUST borrow!"; and God says: "Do not borrow". God also said WHY we shouldn't borrow: "The borrower becomes SLAVE to the lender". He also says: "Give, and it shall be given unto you." Whereas the world preaches HORDING AND GREED! God says: "love your neighbor". The 'system' says: 'report any "suspicious" activity'! Get what i mean?

People...are being PLAYED for fools...because they are ignorant of the TRUTH! And it is THE TRUTH...that sets you free. The longer we keep living 'the lie'..the more our lives are lived in bondage.

I think it BEHOOVES mankind, to get back in touch with HIS CREATOR....because it's apparent...he is way off base. Gov't is not your FATHER....God is. "The man" is not your provider....God is! The man can not make it rain, or make the earth yield it's fruit, in due season...ONLY GOD CAN. I say....UFCK the man, time to get back in touch with the FATHER! And the ONLY WAY to get to the FATHER, is through the SON...and the SON is all about LOVE. So, either we LOVE each other, or CONTINUE TO SUFFER; like "the man" would have us to!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This will make the unemployment rate come down. Not getting paid to sit home anymore? Time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a job.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This will make the unemployment rate come down. Not getting paid to sit home anymore? Time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a job.

WHY DO YOU SAY THAT?

Only slaves "get a job" when they are unemployed....

The smart, start their own business....

WHY DO SO MANY WANT TO BE SLAVES???

It's beyond me...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If we see millions lose benefits, there should be roughly 1/2 million new foreclosures, which will throw us to the sharks! Credit unions and banks will shut down.Those millions will stop buying, etc. I dont see any way out of this hole. They cant create enough jobs and punishing small business isnt the answer.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
waiting for the Messiah!
that is a good one. I agree with you.
or waiting for some one else to do some thing.
to scared or/and comfy.

and guess what would help HIDE americas debt best?
a very big war!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
War? Lets all be very patriotic and go down on bended knees and bow to the flag. Guess who is behind you? Kicking you up the ass? The American people need to burn the Flag. And brake the chains that hold them. But you love the flag to much. What is the flag???

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wake Up people, please, please!

Every few months they say unemployment benefits are going to end, then they pass an extension. This is like the 4th or 5th time in the last year. It's just a tool that the 2 parties use against each other.

They should end all unemployment benefits after 6 months. Before you rip me apart, hear what I'm saying. I was on unemployment for over a YEAR before finding a job 4 months ago.

Here's what happens - Your unemployment check is just enough to make you turn down lower paying jobs. I know because I've been there! Why take a job making $13 / hour if I make less money?!?!? If they had ended my benefits earlier, I believe I'd be better off now.

Stop whining America and get to work!!!

edit on 21-11-2010 by Signals because: classified

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I would like to educate some on how unemployment works. Or what is supposed to be Unemployment Insurance. It is not insurance at all and does not cost the government a dime. As an employer I am required to pay unemployment insurance on all my employees both part time and full time (part time employees cannot even draw unemployment BS) on the first $7000.00 they make. I paid in on my employees for 10 years never having anyone utilizing or becoming unemployed. 10 years X 22 employees X (3.2%*7000.00) = $49,280.00. In 2009 I had to lay off my 12 employees. I told them to go and draw unemployment, plus I gave them 8 weeks’ notice, 2 additional weeks’ vacation pay trying to ease their pain. It sucked. Well, I received a letter from Unemployment telling me my rate has gone up from 3.2% to 12.9% on the first $7000.00 I pay my remaining employees. I was shocked and did not understand so I called them and ask why. I learned that Unemployment Insurance (joke) was on a 12 month clock. If I lay off employees and they were paid unemployment in an amount greater than my contribution for that year I had to make up the deficiency. So for a one year period I only paid in $4928.00. My laid off employees were paid unemployment benefits of $120,000.00 over two years. I had to make up the difference of $120,000- 9856.00= $110144.00. I inquired about all the previous years I had paid and nothing was paid out. The deal is the past years do not count. Pay it in and it is not used the government get to keep it. Only year to year is considered. Bottom line is when you lay off and employee you are paying every dollar they receive in payments. That is not insurance. Imagine if your auto insurance or medical was that way. You pay auto insurance of $1000.00 a year and total your car it cost $15000.00 to pay the damages to the car, You would have a cow if the next bill you got from your auto insurance carrier was $14000.00. Well, that is exactly what happens with unemployment not insurance. This is a big money maker as I see it for Uncle Kiss My Unemployed Butt Sam. People unemployed need that money and it is there to pay them. Christmas time and no money no job no chance for a job is not right. Quit giving all of our money to Wall Street, trip to India with 2000 of your closes friends for 10 day at $200 million a day. Parties in the Whitehouse, automatic raises of 5% a year for Senators and Congressmen. Not to mention that the average Federal Employee make $72000.00 a year and has had pay increases of 300% over the past 5 years. We are all being ripped off and we sit around and do nothing. I bet if everyone quit paying taxes for a year we could bring Washington to their knees. When I get income in my company I pay my employees first, bills second and me last. I went 6 month in 2010 without a dime of money. I think every elect government official should have to go without pay until the budget is balanced. Then maybe they would do something useful. Sorry about the rant, No I not. Not at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
great post rgzing.
you hit the nail on the head.
I just hope the rest of them wake up and see this.
if the government does not pay the unemployed they keep all the money!!!
or should I say STEALS it.

Originally posted by rgzing
reply to post by oozyism

I would like to educate some on how unemployment works. Or what is supposed to be Unemployment Insurance. It is not insurance at all and does not cost the government a dime. As an employer I am required to pay unemployment insurance on all my employees both part time and full time (part time employees cannot even draw unemployment BS) on the first $7000.00 they make. I paid in on my employees for 10 years never having anyone utilizing or becoming unemployed. 10 years X 22 employees X (3.2%*7000.00) = $49,280.00. In 2009 I had to lay off my 12 employees.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My husband being a carpenter and before that a roofer, we have been on and off unemployment many times,

They never have let you continue to receive unemployment benefits forever, this is nothing new.

I don't know how anyone would be able to survive on what they give you, we never did very well.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Janky Red

I am the breed of idiot you speak of -

Well now that we have that admission out of the way, perhaps you might want to better consider others point of view than trying to convince of the validity of what you can at least on some level determine is idiocy.

The response to the attacks on 9-11 and the few other much more minor and equally dubious in origin terror related attacks on airlines since, is dispraportianate to the actual event.

More Americans have been killed in auto fatalities involving deer than on 9-11.

We aren't setting up metal detectors in the woods or calling out stealth bombers to bomb the deer into extinction.

People who think with their emotions such as yourself, are simply being taken advantage of by cruel calculating business men looking to make trillions off of your fears and have, and governments wishing to take away your rights and pride and dignity which they have.

This entirely dispraportionate response to these limited attacks are simply political and financial opportunism at it's most agregious and offensive.

Just because you like the drama of it, is no excuse to bankrupt and humiliate us all by supporting these theives and despots.

We didn't implement these things when Americans like DB Cooper were highjacking airlines, or when a former PSA employee sent a jet full of people hurdling into the ground, or when Americans highjacked planes to Cuba, or when an american set off a bomb on an airplane so his family could collect on Insurance money.

We did though when it suited the Military Industial Complex's, Bankers, and Oil Companies needs for military expansion abroad by using 9-11 as an excuse to sell many Americans a thinly veiled religious crusade that would benefit the above entities.

So yes you are correct, supporting it is entirely idiotic at the cost the government wants us to support it and people like yourself want too.

Well now I thought you were going to offer up some revelatory insight -

( thundering past detail and minutia in a fine imitation of the fabled whacked out patriot )

Again

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Michael Chertoff directly benefited from the "Christmas bombers" "attempt".
The reaction to the bombing attempt was to have the media market the full body scanners AS the media was
still covering the terror attempt itself.

The Xmas event did not include the usual fear mongering, the scanner WAS the opiate and the solution
to the anxiety created by the whole event. The usual reaction to terror around the world is to mine the fear in order to further a political agenda, the case which brought about scanning and the molestation (xmas bomber) was very atypical, as it was to sell a specific product ready for market before they ever resolved the case-
usually it is war and bureaucracy.

My eyebrows are raised because of the level of outrage the media is stoking a whole year latter, I have been pat dawn two times last decade, not a new thing, yet all of a sudden it is brutality? I think someone has an agenda and is stoking the flames of public outrage... Given that the media also sold us TWO WARS and the
the security apparatus associated - makes me suspicious as to the intent.

Are you suggesting that the American media complex is trying get Americans to shed their chains in good faith???

I suspect we will have a fine new alternative thrust upon us, for the most part the people are angry because they are being marketed the very outrage they carry and vocalize, I turned on the news, it is clear. I suppose
I am not excited to see what is next, however I do not think x-ing security will be without an act intended to
reinstate a worse manifestation. I am glad you are not subject to airport security

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Some might die, but here on planet earth, our Masters have long displayed life is very cheap.

Sorry -

So you think the American people should reinforce the Master's display?
Passive advocation of methods you allegedly detest seems like a great way to show them!

After all you have posted - you are so enlightened you cannot even question the necessity of hunger
in America, I ask, why post your outrage at all?

The trivial nature of hunger

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Wake Up people, please, please!

Every few months they say unemployment benefits are going to end, then they pass an extension. This is like the 4th or 5th time in the last year. It's just a tool that the 2 parties use against each other.

Wow the context really must be lost on you. Just so you know, there was an election since the last one, and congress has changed in a huge way since the beginning of this unemployment crisis.

I don't expect the republicans or tea party members to be signing any bills anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good maybe they can finally go get a job and stop mooching the system.... It already has been extended upon weeks and weeks... The free rides over, no one else is getting it now, neither should they. If you need help get food stamps you don't need a check forever... Good ridance unemployent another "socialized" bs system to keep these people lazy. Like my g/f's drunk dad who gets his unemployment check and spends it all on weed and alchohol while she works at the store for their food... If he would stop getting the unemployment it forces him to go back out to work so he can get his booze and weed. THIS IS A GOOD THING for my g/f's dad.. They don't want to get food stamps right now because they take it out of your unemployment benefits... Trust me this system does nothing more then keep people lazy at bay.
edit on 21-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Reading this thread made me think of a Bugs Life..

Everything that appears to be happening in the US seems completely geared to keeping an overwhelming majority in check..

The grasshoppers appear to be winning sadly

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
This will reduce unemployment. Without the benefits people will have to go back to work to survive.
There are many jobs available if you want one. Look for your self:

www.monster.com...

How about learning a little humility my friend. You can either learn it the easy way (listen more, talk less and actually empathize what many are having to go through) or you can learn it the hard way (like I did after retiring after 20 years active duty U.S. Military last year). Top secret/sci security clearance, and science degree in strategic communications only to find out that I had to compete against anywhere between 8 and 12 people for EACH AND EVERY job that I had applied for....these were specialized fields as an aerospace test engineer.

Sending out on average 50+ resumes A WEEK! Was DENIED unemployment benefits due to being a retiree which in CA with rent on a 1 bedroom 600 sq. ft. apartment alone was $1575.00 a MONTH! My pension and VA disability pay (I am a combat wounded veteran) was all accounted for and even then I still owed $400 a month on the rent! I LOST EVERYTHING. My wife and I were also small business owners in San Diego, CA that had lost 62% of our business from 2008 into 2009. Absolutely EVERYTHING that I had accumulated after a 20 year career...volunteered to go on combat deployments in order to save more $$$ so that I could get the things that I wanted...ALL OF IT GONE. BANKRUPT. The business, my Porsche 911 Carrera, E46 BMW M3 AC Shnitzer (400+ HP with $23k of modifications), my marriage BARELY made it through but it took my wife moving back in with her parents and me leaving the state in order to go wherever I needed to go in order to get my career going.

I FINALLY got into my career field back in May of this year, and have begun the bounce back. It took exactly 1 year of very aggressive job searching and losing everything, but I NEVER QUIT nor been a quitter at anything and finally things have begun looking up for me. BUT! Unless this current economic tragedy has affected YOU PERSONALLY (in much the same way it had done to my family and I...along with others on here that have posted in this thread), you should really consider yourself extremely lucky/grateful and hope and pray that it stays that way. AT THE SAME TIME you really have no reason....no reason/purpose/credibility to impose your own beliefs on the unemployment/assistance system and direct them at others that have been less fortunate BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW JACK ON WHAT YOU ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT.

So in closing...please shut your pieholes and learn to have a little humility/empathy and put those that are going through these tumultuous and turbulent times in your prayers. While at the same time...speaking from personal experience here, pray that this misfortune does not happen to you. To all of you that have been affected by these planned out and well orchestrated tragic economic events, these are those of us out there that know exactly what you are going through and doesn't judge you in the slightest. I wish you well and hope that things turn around for you quickly/soonest possible. Just whatever you do...NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER LET TPTB DEFEAT YOU FROM YOUR GOALS! YOU WILL MAKE IT AGAIN! LIBERATE YOURSELVES FROM YOUR POSSESSIONS THAT HAVE YOU HELD AS PRISONER AS YOU CAN ALWAYS REBUILD/REACQUIRE THEM AGAIN LATER! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!

NT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join