It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions to lose unemployment benefits

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Unemployment benefits are not a right.....

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The funny thing about America is we have been known to kill one another by the millions. Some days during the Civil War as many as 100,000 men would fall. The survivors would go at it the next day.

618,000 total dead in Civil War

Worst day was Antiedam at 3,700 deaths and 17,300 injured.

The rest of your post is an anti American rant and opinion and that's your right to do so but at least get the numbers you throw around somewhere close.

Blind hatred is even more destructive than the thing it hates.
edit on 21-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

How do you expect people to live?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Bailing out corporations is also not a right.

Especially

Using your money

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Some might die, but here on planet earth, our Masters have long displayed life is very cheap.

edit on 21/11/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

Sorry -

So you think the American people should reinforce the Master's display?
Passive advocation of methods you allegedly detest seems like a great way to show them!

After all you have posted - you are so enlightened you cannot even question the necessity of hunger
in America, I ask, why post your outrage at all?

The trivial nature of hunger

They long have, and long will. In fact we have never done anything without either being prodded into it by the Masonic Brotherhood, or the President and attached medias.

You forget we live in a representative republic and not a democracy. Our corrupt politicians keen to cowtow to corporate and foreign interests make our decisions for us.

It is highly doubtful things like the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, FISA ACT, TSA, would have been carried by a true majority of the people who know and could have well forseen the dangers of such things, as they are not only the antithesis to what the founders wished for, but the epitome of early Nazi Germany.

If Americans were actually allowed to vote on the preemtive wars of aggression and the funding of Israel, it is doubtful that a majority would conclude they were worth the time and expense.

You see my friend, how you treat others in Iraq and Afghanistan is actually an extension of how you see and treat yourself.

If you have no respect for their lives and property you have no respect for your own.

These are the things that too many of us have lost sight of, we do unto others as we ultimately would have others do undo us, and by extension what we really think and feel about ourselves.

I believe the majority of Americans if given a true democracy where every person got to vote on every issue would extend these benefits, but I too believe the large majority of Americans will lay down and do nothing in the face of Government and Corporate abuses.

I know this must be the case, because when ever I confront and challenge the government and the corporations directly in regard to their abuses, they seem totally ill prepared to respond to someone like my and my greivances and address them responsibly. Therefore no one is doing it in any number.

Many in fact would argue there is no one doing more than I am to try to wake up and encourage the masses to reconsider their own position and power and make some real decisions in relation to that.

I am simply encouraging others to do the same, by using a broad range of methods to get them to consider the actions of others, our government, the corporations, and their very own.

Evidently based on your responses, this prodding affect must have some value!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

How do you expect people to live?

Have you not heard, we have no right to live, it seems a lot of ATSers are adopting the elite's beleif and hope that we will all just go die in a ditch and be done with it.(remind you of something?)

Merry Christmas America....BAH HUMBUG!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As for solutions. I feel bad for the unemployed and stressed, especially those with families who really don't know what to do. Possible outcomes range from people resorting to utter desperation or self sufficiency. Those who are most effected can be most easily controlled and used. If they collapse the current economic myth and want to implement an electronic one it would be fairly easy to convince those who are desperate to submit to that new myth. Most likely in the form of an RFID offered with such promotions as free credits towards the first one million applicants. The minions have become fat and complacent. What better time for a harvest.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Bailing out corporations is also not a right.

Especially

Using your money

Does two wrongs make a right?

Just if people who abuse the system are allowed to abuse it then it will be... As i said my girlfriends dad gets unemployment and could go back to work as an electrician but he wont right now because he is still getting that check... They could get food stamps except for the fact if you get food stamps they deduct from your unemployment benefits which he spends his whole check on booze and weed while his daughter works at a gas station to feed the family.... It would be good for her dad to get off of the unemployment and stop burdening her... It is sad, for the people that can't still get a job but they can get food stamps and atleast still have food to eat..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You need to wake up and realize you're towing the party line. I guess it's ok they can bail out the elite and their corporations with our tax paying dollars, but they can't help out the people who elected them and who pay their salaries? It's a slap in the face of any person who is struggling to find a job and worrying about losing their house during the worst recession since the depression. The majority of well paying jobs have gone over seas. Do you have a secret job list that you can share with the unemployed? Do you have any suggestions for people who are in their 50's or close to retirement that have worked for years to achieve a livable wage to support their families? Give me a break! It's pretty callous to bite the hand that feeds you.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

The funny thing about America is we have been known to kill one another by the millions. Some days during the Civil War as many as 100,000 men would fall. The survivors would go at it the next day.

618,000 total dead in Civil War

Worst day was Antiedam at 3,700 deaths and 17,300 injured.

The rest of your post is an anti American rant and opinion and that's your right to do so but at least get the numbers you throw around somewhere close.

Blind hatred is even more destructive than the thing it hates.
edit on 21-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

Actually Gettysburg had the most casualities over three days of 51,000.

Now for instance most of the men fighting around little Round Top fell several times going up and down the hill, so yes up to 100,000 men would frequently fall every day, scraping their knees, tearing their pants, sometimes twisting their ankles, etc. etc.

Now can you prove 100,000 men did not at some point fall during some battles? no you can't.

Americans have been known to kill one another by the millions too. Since it's Americans who send Americans into wars. When you take murders at home, friendly fire in wars, fragging of officers, car accidents, bad medical procedures, and mean spirited posts on ATS then yes it sure adds up to millions.

Now when you actually look at what you quoted, and how you chose to interpret, versus what is written, well that's two different things.

Try to pay better attention please!

The rest of your post was just an Anti-Proto rant!

P.S. 618,000 is a very low number, many historians consider it over 800,000, and the truth is since many Union Soldiers were fresh of the boat from Ireland, it's entirely possible that the numbers were down played, to keep a war weary populace from becoming restless. Our government has been known to exagerate body counts.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If you lost your job 5 months ago and you have not filed any extensions then you are screwed. There is a big difference between 26 weeks and 99 weeks. The average out of work spell is 33 weeks.. If they want to shorten it then shorten it but do not spring this crap on people 2 weeks before their initial claim goes out. Oh ya.. have a Merry Christmas

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think you have a good point, but i don't think a person can survive on thirteen dollars an hour plus paying for health insurance.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Most people are apathetic until you take everything away from them. This is exactly what is happening as I type this reply to you. I hope and pray I am wrong but I have been saying this for awhile. There are only a couple of things that can snowball out of control and this is one of them.

Think about millions are going to stop paying rent/mortgage. And are not going to have money to feed their families. I dont really see how this could go any other way. This could very well be a tipping point.

SO, you are saying that these people are going to starve and quite paying their bills... because they will loose
their unemployment benefits?.

OMG, this is terrible

Maybe they will try harder to get a job

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

That depends on where you live.

$13 an hour is the start of a good wage around here. The best average starting pay is around $10 and that is considered good. Any place starting $15 an hour is considered great because even the $13 an hour job takes you a decade to get to $15 an hour.

Location is what matters. All those people wanting to live in the expensive ritzy places prior to all of this only hurt themselves. I for one am happy to live in a place where the income is low it helps to keep our costs down.

Would it be nice to make more? Sure, but in the end they only take it away so what does it matter.

Raist

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Add to this the likely inflation that appears to be in motion at the same time. I would not be surprised to see armed guards at grocery stores in a few months if benefits are not extended. Buy food now and have the means to purify water. It would be beneficial if more people would get into local food production in their communities and perhaps that is one way people can develop jobs. Our relatives who lived through the depression where not that far removed from living a simpler lifestyle and we could do well to remember how to take care of ourselves once more.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This will make the unemployment rate come down. Not getting paid to sit home anymore? Time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a job.

Yes... adding 2 million people into the job pool will get them jobs. You are so correct. Oh wait.. if there are 500,000 jobs and 2 million people then how does that help them to get a job. Meanwhile.. rent goes unpaid... cars get returned unpaid... hmmn.. what does that do to the economy... next thing you know it gets worse and you are out of a job and instead of 50000 jobs there are more layoffs and you cannot get a job...ya.. you must be a doctorate of economics

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would really love to just say.....

please stop telling people to go get a job,

there is no where to work!!!,,, people can't work in closed towns are you all mad?

have you not noticed shops shutting down etc
and yes the government/bankers have shafted us all

tut tut

what if you lost your job and couldn't get another one, different story then.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Exactly, two wrongs don't make it right, but think about it, if your Girlfriend's dad is abusing the system, his wrong shouldn't be used to cut millions of other people's unemployment benefits who needs it for their livelihood.

You have to make the assumption that:

1. Everyone doesn't really need unemployment benefit.

2. Everyone can work if they wanted.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
DUDE! I have been ranting about this for years now.
So many people refuse to take astand because Jesus or some God-like figure isnt there on a horse waiting to lead them. Because people are use to being lead around, being told to do this or do that, alot of beavhiour is merely subjective, meaning that we may not be completely in control of our thoughts and feelings.

Why wait for a hero to come save you, when you yourself are perfectly capable of such a feat? If you hear "one person doesnt make a differnce" go ahead slap that person, and mention the name "Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi" Gandhi took a stand (unlike many of you or even myself) he fought for what he believed in without fighting.

He was shot three times in the chest because someone didnt like his peace idea, to others this was a reason to stop what he started, but to me this is jsut the perfect reason to continue what he started, fight with peace. Fighting will only bring more fighting, it is like f***ing for virginity, it just doesnt work. So all these trillion being used to make massive bombs to create death showers seems pointless, and most certainly moronic, why are these people in control?

True intellgence should take control, not these morons, they bypass all common sence, so they can fuel thier hunger for power and war. These are the real "demons" of common day, and it is time we eliminated them, with peace.

As for welfare, communism without dicatorship, the power controled by the people, not the other way around. A new world order, not the one so many people today fear, a better world. If you can dream it can happen. (unless your dreams are totally bizzare)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Subjective Truth

Yeah you keep telling yourself that, all I see is a bunch of people who buy junk at Wal-Mart even though they know it cost tens of millions of Americans their jobs, and walk through x-ray machines and virtual strip searches to get on a plane.

I don't think you could get American's to revolt zapping them with cattle prods, telling them their mothers wear army boots!

In fact if they only had a plug nickel left and told them you were charging them for the zapping and the name calling, they would probably pay for it!

I tend to agree with you Proto. I thought the tea party type movements might be a glimmer of hope of people waking up until I attended a few rallies and found out most of them still believe income taxes paid for government services and voting in the right tyrant/s would bring meaningful change.

I do see it as a sign people are beginning to wake and they know something is wrong but I fear it is far to little to late as the populace is so ignorant of the problem by the time they figure it out enough to really stand up they or their children will be subjugated by then.

I used to frequent some patriot type groups and try and rally the troops but gave up as many talk but few will act. I hope I am wrong but me thinks we have sown the wind and are about to reap the whirl wind as the saying goes. I hope I am wrong but either way we are in for some hard times at the least.

Sad times for Amerika but hey its thanksgiving and the games will be on so don't worry be happy...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join