It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrol County, Maryland - Triangle UFO/Helicopter/Sonic Booms - 11/12/2010

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this video from last Friday? Sorry if it's already been posted, I tried to search the forum for it and didn't see anything indicating Maryland or the date, so decided to post it. When the actual tape starts the sound is very loud, just a warning. You can hear a very loud boom at one point and the lady filming screams. The UFO is the triangle lights, the red lights the helicopter you can hear on film, and the bright light is the moon, for reference. Very weird. Is it a joke? Could the UFO be an aircraft from another country? Aliens? Anyone else hear about this or see it? Sorry if the video doesn't embed right, this is my first thread. Wasn't able to find any news stories on it, or a MUFON report doing a quick search.

Just wanted to add this interesting link, about many UFO sightings happening on the 12th
11/12/2010 Sightings

edit on 11/20/2010 by SpaceJ because: Added link

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Sure looks real enough to me, anymore details about this sighting? was that a helicopter shadowing it?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Great video. I first saw this posted by Reddit user "chrestien" at the following thread:

www.reddit.com...

You could try messaging him there if you need further details.

(edit)

And here's the original YouTube video: www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-11-2010 by Exocet because: Added original YouTube link

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Yes, the red lights are a helicopter flying near the triangle lights. The helicopter is where that sound in the background is coming from (not the boom, I don't think anyone knows what the boom came from, but it supposedly shook houses nearby).

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Exocet

Thanks for the links! Interesting, so the person who posted it on Reddit knows the actual person whose mom took the video? I thought it was interesting when I saw it because I had just finished reading some MUFON reports (ones without pictures or video) from the last 2 weeks in Maryland reporting seeing a similar object, triangular with 3 white lights. Someone else said they saw 2 of them at once. Either way, it was an entertaining video
scared me when the boom/scream happened. Wonder if it's just a new military aircraft, something like Aurora or Astra. I witnessed a triangle UFO a few years back, so anything to do with triangle lights gets my attention.
edit on 11/20/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is one heck of a video, definitely looks real to me. I didn't click any links but does she finish recording it? Or does she just stop? If she does, it seems a bit strange, but the footage definitely looks real and unedited to me. I'm going to be keeping an eye on the response of the debunkers for this one.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Very interesting video, the lady filming was suprisingly steady also....which is always a good thing. The loud noise sounded like it cam from a minigun or a gau-19 .50 caliber, not anything heavier or slower firing like a Cobras 20mm gatling or an Apaches 30mm chain gun. Still, a GREAT video.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
thanks for not zooming in.

also a big thanks for the ETs for only showing up at night with LED lights on.

Seriously guys - don't your skeptical cause-of-proof signatures demand just a little more than simple "blinkies' filmed and posted on a YouTube vid?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I am rational about the idea, but I cannot simply judge and demand to know the reasons why they come at a certain time, nocturnal, don't like the sunlight or its rays? IDK, and I don't expect anyone else to know. What I do know is that, in my opinion, this aircraft is unidentified, I cannot simply judge it as another type of aircraft as the evidence is neither there for or against the idea, leaving it a speculation to anyone. The aircraft being said is definitely not conventional as it hovers and appears to be shaped as a triangle, could be a jet, but with the nearest airport being far from this location, it is highly skeptical.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I really like this one and the lights are NOT LED's, you can tell that from the contrast and sharpness.

The only downer I have on this one is that there seems to be only one video of it so far which is a little odd and as we cannot see any other people in the video it is possible they were added after as audio.

It would be nice to get that Chresten guy from Reddit on here to answer a few questions if he would. I'd love to hear more about these 2hrs of bangs etc.

My gut feeling is that the video is real as in there is a chopper very very interested in that triangle of lights, I presume that the lights are part of a solid object as theres no drift apart which with a chopper circling you would be likely.

What the object is I have no idea, military object possible but why the apparent shooting sound.

Alien, possibly but its a long stretch based on this.

So would someone like to ask the guy on the other forum to join us for a chat.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Someone said maybe it was a military drill or something, but couldn't they find a better place to do that than over a buncha people's houses? The reason I believe the audio is the real audio is because the lady shakes the camera pretty bad when the boom happens.

To the other person, the video was taken with a cell phone camera so I think that was as far as she could zoom in, as she questions at the beginning of the video, "Can I zoom in?".

I just wonder why they didn't take more than 1 video. It's very interesting though, regardless of what it is.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

In all fairness, it was taken with a cell phone camera and at least she held it pretty steady. I don't think they are LED lights, and I somehow don't think the military would care about LED kites flying around. The real reason I posted the video was basically for the audio, someone firing something or another, and the fact that there is a helicopter circling whatever the lights are. Nothing's blinky in this video but the helicopter lights

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

So you think the sound could have come from the helicopter, or it was separate and just happened to happen during the video? I don't know anything about guns or helicopters, but that was loud whatever it was.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think a real video of a UFO(not from earth) will every be able to make it through to the public. unless the powers that be want us to see. I feel like they have way more control of the flow of information then we believe the to.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone can Debunk this one ?
I certainly can`t.
Great post !!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Interesting video, especially the boom. I too live in carroll co. md and have had many experiences with ufo`s, the most recent one coming on 11/2/10 at around 4:10 am. Unfortunately I dont have video of any of my experiences except for one, which coincidently was taken on 6/1/09 as I was participating in ATS`s contact experiment, even though I have never been a member here. I managed to film what I believe to be a beam of light and a blue diamond of light but have had explanations range from sand and dirt to lens flare. I dont feel confident in these explanations considering the experience that came with the footage. The link to my you tube channel w/ the video and I just added a link in the comments section to my story of my experiences posted at Open Minds.

My apologies for being somewhat off-topic, I just thought I would support this post that there is alot of ufo action in this area based on personal experience.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-11-2010 by Soloma because: forgot to add link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Exocet

Heyyyyyy! I was directed here after a kindly youtube user told informed me of this thread.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions. I have all the information for MUFON but have left the actual form-filling up to my friend (who we will call "Dan" from now on since "my friend" is getting creepy to write out every time.) He assures me he intends to do it--I just saw him a few hours ago and asked him if he'd gotten the links I'd sent.. We'd never heard of MUFON before, again, another friendly youtube user let us know.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

So it turns out that, in Dan's digging, someone (I hate doing this through the grapevine because I know I'm forgetting which station/person of authority this "someone" was) had said a "grenade drill" or some such things was going on that night.. Howevverrrrr, when he contacted the station connected with the military training unit, they had never been told of any drill taking place.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrestien

Thanks for coming on the thread! I figured they'd say a drill of some sort, it reminds me of something that happened a few years back in Indiana and they said the same thing. Is there a lot of houses around where the film was taken? I never understand why they do these "drills" near houses, surely there are other areas? It makes me wonder if they aren't purposely testing what reaction people might have to that type of thing. I'm surprised more people didn't hear or see it, that was a pretty loud noise, especially if it went on for 2 hours. He should definitely put in that MUFON report, this seems to be worth investigating. It's a UFO regardless of if it's an alien
I wasn't so much saying it was an alien, I think it has more to do with military testing something or another. Thanks for taking the time to come on here.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hi Chrestien and thanks for coming here, I hope all the members will show you proper civility.

I find the notion of a grenade drill just as unlikely as you do, why would such a drill be so seriously close, I know sound travels but the bang on that tape was CLOSE because you could hear the crispness of the bang unlike a more softened noise coming from afar.

Where there more video's taken Chrestien if you know?

Is there a fuller account of the sighting ie what happened to the triangle, were there any other Police or otherwise things in the sky. Any ideas of size of the triangle etcetc..

Looking forward to your posts..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join