It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Pyramids Discovered

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Could somebody look into what Dr. Ezra Rubow has to say since 2006 after the Bosnian minister of culture cut its source of funding?

Dr. Zubrow is a well-known and much respected archaeologist and anthropologist. However, as far as I know, he just spent one day in Visoko, on the 12th of June 2010, and never worked with Mr. Osmanagic. He never wrote a single word about the "pyramids", not before, nor after this visit; his only statement is the one given, that same 12th of June, to the local TV. I cannot help to think that he was there maybe on a vacation trip, and that he was taken at unawares by the local journalist, so that he made a few polite and non committal statements. However, in case I'm wrong and he's actually convinced there are pyramids in Visoko, no doubt that we will hear about it sooner or later by another source than the local TV and the press releases from Mr. Osmanagic!

Cordially, Irna

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moravec

I do seem to remember a part of Mr. Osmanagich story where he said they scanned the whole country by sattellite looking for elevations that were alligned to the cardinal points and what they came up with was this valley. How's that for coincidence, statistically this shouldn't happen...

In fact, first Mr. Osmanagic decided that the valley was containing two or more pyramids, and then he obtained a satellite analysis from the geophysicist Amer Smailbegovic. But, in my opinion, this analysis is not very conclusive: the "pyramids" are cooling faster at night than the surrounding areas, but so do also the surrounding hills... The entire story, with the original report, is here: irna.lautre.net...

Cordially, Irna

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Has anyone decided to take these folks up on their offer to go to Bosnia, and see it all for themselves? I would love to go, but it's just not feasible right now.
Professor John Parker has seen it in person:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not only does he have more experience and is more qualified to assess it than I am, but his reasons for coming to the conclusions he does are supported by a pretty compelling argument.

So far in this thread, the only debate against his observations has been that he should give his PhD back because it's not possible for people to dig tunnels into a naturally occurring hillside, a response which makes much less sense than professor Parker's observations. Actually the response makes no sense at all, I see no reason why people can't dig tunnels into a naturally occurring hillside, and that response doesn't even address the observations Parker made about how he determined the origin of the formations there.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Slowly...but surely. It seems that we may soon be forced to reconcile our current "view" of very ancient history with a new, accurate, and quite honestly more astounding understanding of it all. WOW! Pyramids literally all over the world! I can only imagine what lies on the bottom of the ocean floors. Food for though, eh?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for the link. I think I'm going to take a wait and see on this one. I'm not 100% convinced either way.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Given that hundreds of hills look like pyramids from some directions, it doesn't matter. As far as Pen y Fan goes, what do you think?

www.planetware.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Those wacky cave men sure loved to stack stone blocks didnt they?

Clearly they weren't advanced at all. It must have been a sight to behold, a bunch of guys looking like Fred Flinstone grunting and smashing their clubs into the granite blocks........

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

It behooves an ATS poster to do a timple search before starting a thread. This "pyramid" was discussed on
ATS already 5 years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

The only thing worse than such people is one who supplies endless/useless dialog.

If you have a problem with intellectual banter concerning the nature of this conversation then leave it be. However, if you have something to contribute, especially if its evidence, then please let me know!
edit on 23-11-2010 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

well I don't know what you were trying to show me as that link doesn't work hoping to see what you think looks like these pyramids (hills)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

well I don't know what you were trying to show me as that link doesn't work hoping to see what you think looks like these pyramids (hills)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It is important to remember that nothing is constant on the surface of this planet. Everything is a tentative negotiation with whatever happens to occupy the same area at the same time. If, let's say part of the hills are naturally occurring, that doesn't totally remove building. For example, consider the cave dwellings of Arizona made by the Anazasi culture. The natural rock walls with indentations and caves surved as a base for their construction projects. So, is it a stretch to say that naturally occuring pyramid shapes couldn't be perfected or built upon by a civilization?

Humans may have had several ups and downs with civilizations even prior to the Egyptians, Mayans, Inca and so forth. Perhaps the naturally occurring formations were so intwined with an ancient civilization that by the time the glacial maxim overtook their territory, they were forced to move on to warmer pastures, such as the area of present day Egypt.

My rough estimate is that if 27,000 years ago things began to get bad, they wouldn't have waited until 13,000 years ago for the end of the ice age to move. They would have done it relatively soon in the glaciation process.

The Sahara desert was a lusher place before the end of the last ice age. The grassland most likely had trees, because even the Great Plains and the Serengheti have groupings of trees. Would it be a stretch to see a culture move from one area to another for greener pastures?

And remember, the Slavic, Turkic and Hungarian peoples that occupy that area now were not there just 2000 to 3000 years ago (depending on how you define "there"). The cold winter and ice sheets shearing across much of the terrain would certainly have removed all or most trees and plantlife, as well as the animals they sustained (humans included, naturally).

If such a civilization did exist, it would be logical to assume that the size of their capital or central complex would have required a serious amount of resources - resources that inevitably come from trading and suzerains. Consider, for example, the central valley of Mexico and Tenochtitlan. The Aztecs taxed the local groups inhabiting the periphery of their lake city. (This is part of the reason the other tribes, to their chagrin, sided with the Spanish when they arrived.)

So, if the semitic peoples were originally from Eastern Europe, they probably would have dealt with the Africans inhabiting the north side of the continent below them. Maybe sea faring existed them, but since boats were generally made of wood, it would probably be hard to find evidence from so long ago.

The entrance and exit from a peninsular Africa is the Suez. That is a genetic bottleneck. That limits passage. People inhabiting Somalia could not have simply gone to Yemen back then by going due east. It would be likely - due to the reasons why darker and lighter shades of skin exist, that people would not have evolved lighter skin while still in the African continent.

My point? The lighter shades of skin we see in North Africans as compared to Subsaharan Africans is certainly due to mixing, but probably not in recent years (even going back before the Roman conquests).

So, we have light skinned semitic people in the Balkans defining their empire from their central city, trading with people around the Mediterranean basin and beyond, most likely, possibly controlling the immediate area surrounding their city, including Egypt, potentially. One day, the weather starts to seem different and within a generation or two, the environment has drastically shifted for them. Next thing you do is move your headquarters.

Consider for comparison what happens when your cultural environment is drastically altered: When Rome was sacked by the Vandals, Swabs, Visigoths and so forth, the Roman empire's authority shifted to Constantinople. When Portugal was invaded by Napoleon's armies, the crown of Portugal existed only in Brazil. You can still maintain your society in a non-original location. Rome was not from the Balkans or Black Sea, but they shifted there. The Portuguese were not from Brazil, but they temporarily existed only there. In both cases, however, residue of the colonial culture remained in weak form in the home territory, and in strong form in the new place, each one having its own impact in both locations by mixing or allowing for influence of the other.

Thus, you have German words in modern Italian and Portuguese with native American influences is the language of Brazil.

In the case of this proto-semitic culture, perhaps the proto-semitic peoples were able to remain at all because of the glaciation, but eventually mixed with the local cultures of North Africa, darkening their skin and naturally affecting their language and culture to some extent.

Looking at the languages alone (Arabic, Hebrew, Ancient Egyptian and Amharic), we see that Arabic speakers were the lighter skinned peoples on the Arabian peninsula. Amharic was spoken by those who mixed most with the original African peoples, or perhaps these were the orginal inhabitants who, for the most part would have taken to that language because of cultural control or mixing based on power. I wouldn't be surprised if the Amharic peoples and their related groups weren't descendants of the slaves who built the pyramids.

In between the two groups you would find a slight mixing at the bottleneck that is the Nile River valley.

Additionally, the original pyramids, having fallen into disrepair and abandonment, would have been neglected as the weather gradually became more temperate and people would have slowly trickled back in. But the small plants, insects and birds come first, then the bigger plants, trees, small animals and eventually bigger animals wander back into the matrix created for them again on the once barren area.

This is backed up by the sky islands in Arizona, where the desert gradually became itself and the remnants of the forested areas were pushed up into the small spaces on the high peaks, where the weather sustained their existance. Those plants, trees and creatures are not found off their mountain.

As the humans eventually moved back, the pyramids would have been overcome with growth. We've seen how this happens in just a few centuries in the Yucatan. There's also evidence of earlier agricultural periods in southern Africa and the Amazon. Additionally, the people who move back probably have no link to the orginal culture to know of any significance to that place and even attempt to clear them, assuming they even had the wherewithal to do so.

as 12,000 years pass since the last ice age, trees die and rot, animals die and rot, plants grow on top of them and subsequently die and rot, and eventually you witness the building up of topsoil. The locals now are so far removed and existing in a different time than the original culture, that one would not even expect the same societal outcome even with a different group of people inhabiting the same area. There is no link at all and as such no one hence bothered to question the ligitimacy of the hills.

The early Indo-Europeans finally moved in from Asia, displacing or absorbing any previous dwellers (as we can clearly tell from the total language transformation in Europe that only managed to leave the Basques to their own devices). The Turks and Mongols tried to take over the area and failed, only leaving some traces of their language and culture. In the end, the area is so different and people who knew it for what it was are long gone, that no one can really claim to know the true story beyond observable evidence.

Pop Quiz: Think back to your grandparents' grandparents. How many of them can you name and how much biographical information can you give me about them? How much has been passed down orally to you by your parents and grandparents? How many written documents and photographs, or heirlooms do you have from them

Now, while you think of exactly how much you can remember, is it enough to really know them? I'm sure there are a few reading this who do have a good knowledge of certain family members, but not all. Do you really know what they did throughout their lives, where they lived and so forth? Now, can you go back a few thousand years? Do you think a distant cousin of yours has the same information, or even knows who you are? How would that work if you had a cousin living today, related through a mutual ancestor who lived 1000 years ago? How much would either of you know about your mutual ancester? Would you ever find out you were related?

No.

That is of course, unless you are a royal family member or the member of some House or ruling clan.

You see my point, right? It's an answer to those of you who think the information is hidden. I say it is possibe its hidden for the above possible scenario about the pyramids and the question I pose to you about your family.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
They discovered them some time ago, apparently part of the same pattern as around the world.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by somewhereisthetruth

Please explain what pattern you mean? They don't seem to follow the "pyramid pattern". What is a pyramid?

science.howstuffworks.com...

A pyramid is a geometrical solid with a square base and four equilateral triangular sides, the most structurally stable shape for projects involving large amounts of stone or masonry.
That's the pattern I see in pyramids around the world, usually four sides of more or less equilateral triangles.

In fact that pattern is distinctly missing from the so-called pyramids in the OP, is it not? Do any of them have four sides of equal size equilateral triangles like other pyramids around the world? The topographical maps show they do not.

But please, if you see some kind of pattern regarding the structures that are the topic of this thread, please elaborate because I'm not seeing it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

This is exactly one of the points I made in one of my posts. The structures in Bosnia bear little or no resemblance in terms of symmetry to pyramids located anywhere else in the world. Sure, you can say that topsoil and erosion would mask this effect, but not to the point where are pyramid would become unrecognizable.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
At this point, taking all the available evidence into account, I believe that if I can imagine it that is because it has already existed.

A wise man once quoted "Humans can do whatever they can imagine"(Jesus), " There is nothing that can stop a man if he has imagination." It is true and we are just copying what we have already achieved in the past. There are no new things. This is infinity at its best. We are(have been) stuck in an endless cycle.

Is there hope to break this cycle or is that not possible?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
At this point, taking all the available evidence into account, I believe that if I can imagine it that is because it has already existed.
So to take your post even further off topic, if I can imagine a pink flying elephant, is that because it has already existed? Well the pink elephant might exist, but I'm pretty sure they can't fly and never could. So I don't think so.

Back on topic (for me and hopefully you'll get back on topic too):

Originally posted by TheChemist1
The structures in Bosnia bear little or no resemblance in terms of symmetry to pyramids located anywhere else in the world. Sure, you can say that topsoil and erosion would mask this effect, but not to the point where are pyramid would become unrecognizable.
Exactly! At least not in the time frame that modern man has been around.

TheChemist1, you deserve credit for making this point and other excellent points, thank you!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Maybe the reason we know so little about the true past is due to it not benefiting the powers that be, average joes knowing who did what, when, where, how, and why.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just because this man's peers don't support him in his research does not mean his work is a hoax or fraudulent. Folks don't believe even in science there's a status quo or political correctness that is maintained for the sake of keeping with the "norm" for monetary gain and or to continue their employment. There's not a field of study in which people's feet aren't held to the fire so to speak, no outside of the box thinking just tow the official (accepted) line.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

I agree with you. Pyramids and megalithic ruins have been discovered at other locations around the globe, why not Bosnia? Not too long ago the ruins off the coast of Japan was called ridiculous and a hoax, not anymore. People have been posting as if they know all there is to know and that's unfortunate.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join