It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe, the "Number of the beast" is NOT 666...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think most are familiar with:

Revelation 13:18

[ King James Version ]

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

We have since assumed 666 to be the number of the beast, connected it to the Antichrist, and tried to look for it almost everywhere as a sign of that evil beast.

For some weird reason, I felt like revisiting this verse all evening long. I have always believed that there has to be something more...a deeper meaning to this. Notice how the writer notes: "Let him that hath understanding...," as if to say that there is something esoteric in this verse...I thought, the number cannot be simply 666.

Then it struck me...six hundred threescore six

We combine it to make 666....but what if it is, in fact, 600-60-6, or 600606.

It is the number of a man....
Often, numerology has been seen as a tool to "translate" names into numbers and vice versa...Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with the Jewish language....but if someone here can calculate what word we would get by combining the 6th, 60th, 600th alphabet (making the alphabets cyclic, of course...i.e. go back to "a" after "z" and such...) Could that be the name of the beast? Maybe an anagram?

Initially, I thought 600606 could be the zip code of an area where the beast will arise...but that is silly, because zip codes didn't exist back then...
600-60-6 cannot be co-ordinates, because we'd need 4 numbers....

Could this number allude to something else? I'm clearly not smart enough to crack this mystery myself...if there is a mystery to begin with, of course.

I think the Bible, and especially the Book of Revelation is a fascinating reading material, whatever may be the mechanics of your religious belief. And I have always believed that there is a lot of symbolism in the Bible, lot of mystique, perhaps even codes.

Of course, I could be wrong. This is just a conspiracy theory. I have had a long day, and a depressing week. And I have had too much coffee.

But, maybe....not.

P.S.: Dear Mods, feel free to move this thread to the suitable forum. I had thought about writing this under "Religious conspiracy," but didn't know if it was correct.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

...i'm no expert but, imo, when it comes to numerology - your decifer makes no difference... 6+6+6=18, reduces to 9 (which is not an upside down six, although a lot of folks want to make it that)... the extra zeros dont count for anything in numerology...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Often, numerology has been seen as a tool to "translate" names into numbers and vice versa...Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with the Jewish language....but if someone here can calculate what word we would get by combining the 6th, 60th, 600th alphabet (making the alphabets cyclic, of course...i.e. go back to "a" after "z" and such...) Could that be the name of the beast?

Which alphabet would you use?
I do think it was worded strangely though..Why throw in the "three score'??
Why didn't ot just say six hundred and sixty six ?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by Arrius

... the extra zeros dont count for anything in numerology...

I understand your point, my friend, and it makes perfect sense.

But that is...if we take it as 600606. As one number, I mean.

What if we look at it as three distinct numbers? 600, 60, and 6. Three distinct numbers, accounting for three distinct things? Three strands of three different fabrics, interwoven to make one single entity?

Interesting, when we look at it as THREE numbers....considering the Holy TRINITY...and the Unholy TRINITY...!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Maybe there is no beast to wear ANY number and he/she/it was created purely for fearmongering and to support religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Arrius

Often, numerology has been seen as a tool to "translate" names into numbers and vice versa...Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with the Jewish language....but if someone here can calculate what word we would get by combining the 6th, 60th, 600th alphabet (making the alphabets cyclic, of course...i.e. go back to "a" after "z" and such...) Could that be the name of the beast?

I do think it was worded strangely though..Why throw in the "three score'??
Why didn't ot just say six hundred and sixty six ?

I do think there is something strange about the wording...Let me correct that...something strange IN the wording...

Why throw in the "three score?" I think there might be a more reasonable explanation for that. I am not an expert but wasn't the King James' Version first published during the olden days....meaning, when Old English was used, when people used that kind of complicated language....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Maybe it is more simple - 3 x 6 is 18?

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Or 6 x 6 = 36 times 6 = 216.

Or 6+6 = 12 x 6 = 72.

Those are my 3 numbers for the mark of the beast.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Forgot to address that. Do you mean which form of Jewish? I don't know, but I'd say just the form of Jewish prevalent during those times/the one in which Bible was originally written....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Maybe there is no beast to wear ANY number and he/she/it was created purely for fearmongering and to support religious beliefs.

Could be true. Then there is nothing to worry about.
I admit, I do not have the answer.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Arrius

Maybe it is more simple - 3 x 6 is 18?

Just a thought.

Could be.

But I look at it this way...maybe there is something to mentioning the number as 600-60-6. And that "one with understanding" can count the number of the beast....makes me think, one has to scratch his brains a bit to "understand" this number, and it cannot be simply 666.

Could be as simple as 18. Could indeed be 666. Or could be a number/name to be deciphered using the three numbers--600, 60 and 6....

Edit: Or 216, or 72.

edit on 20-11-2010 by Arrius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
...with your zeros in there, maybe its latitudes and longitudes... i've heard weirder theories, lol...

...seriously, if you want to investigate this avenue - the first place i would go to is the actual language the words were written in... dont rely on translations... remember the old joke - "its celebrate, not celibate!"...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Hi, Arrius,

Have you ever read any Dan Brown books? They are truly magic about working out codes.

I am currently reading 'The Lost Symbol' - this author is truly gifted.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Arrius

Hi, Arrius,

Have you ever read any Dan Brown books? They are truly magic about working out codes.

I am currently reading 'The Lost Symbol' - this author is truly gifted.

Hello, my friend.

I love Dan Brown! I have read all his books, except "Angels and Demons." I absolutely agree with you, he is truly gifted.

His books have inspired me to look more deeply into things, you know? Things we take for granted, things that are in plain sight.

If we could just talk with Robert Langdon about this thread....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

Oh, wow, him and the scientist!

I think we are probably out of touch with a lot of people!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...with your zeros in there, maybe its latitudes and longitudes... i've heard weirder theories, lol...

...seriously, if you want to investigate this avenue - the first place i would go to is the actual language the words were written in... dont rely on translations... remember the old joke - "its celebrate, not celibate!"...

I thought about it, if they could represent longitudes and latitudes. But if I am not mistaken, that system was not present in the times when the Bible was written, right?
I'll use Google to look it up further...

You are right. A LOT can be lost in translation. Unfortunately, I do not speak/read/understand Jewish, so I cannot, at this stage, read the original text and make a case. I have to rely on translations...but I'll try looking up different translations, at least. And see if there is some sort of a clue.

For some reason, I feel there is something to be investigated here. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Haha, possibly so!

Ah. I thought about contacting Mr. Brown through his website about this thread. But I didn't find any link to contact him or to write to him. He has a genuine interest in this kind of stuff, and maybe a million-to-one shot that he'd have been intrigued by this, and replied....but alas. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Maybe this will shed some light and maybe it will not: www.rense.com...

I don't give a damn about the number but do know that nothing will be inserted/tattooed/stamped on my hand or forehead so that I can buy or sell.

We're under enough oppression as it is. Expecting us to take some kind of mark or whatever the hell, is definitely a line in the sand for me.

Pick up my rifle and move onwards once I'm out of the game. You'll be amazed at its reliability and accuracy.
edit on 20-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

He is too famous so he will get a lot of insane emails.

So we miss out - it's a shame though.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Hi, bozz,

I think the horrible truth is that we will all have a mark.

Unless we overthrow those who lead us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join