It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe, the "Number of the beast" is NOT 666...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
SF Funny thing that you should start this thread, because I was just thinking about this yesterday after my girlfriends grandparents tried to convert my seven year old daughter. It had me so mad because they live in Tennessee and drove 5 hours to Indiana so they stopped on by. Sad thing is that within their first 15 minutes in my house my girlfriends grandfather was telling my daughter that Jesus loves her and to never forget it and started to get wattery eyes. I was a bit bothered for a while then after they left I started watching the History Channel Bible prophecy show and started stewing about all the possabilities of the mark of the beast. I have nothing against Christians, although I do disagree with most of their beliefs. You sound about like me arius, very open minded and thats what I like in a human. Got me thinking. I think I am going to hit youtube for alittle bit to do some checking up on the subject.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

Originally posted by backinblack
Which alphabet would you use?

Forgot to address that. Do you mean which form of Jewish? I don't know, but I'd say just the form of Jewish prevalent during those times/the one in which Bible was originally written....

From what I have read the New Testament authors spoke Aramaic but wrote in Kione Greek.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by bozzchem

Hi, bozz,

I think the horrible truth is that we will all have a mark.

Unless we overthrow those who lead us.

I can assure you that I will not have one. I'm already close to my breaking point. Attempting to brand me would be the straw that breaks this camel's back.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

Hi cbas,

Hey, you know why you got watery eyes when they said Jesus loves her?

Because it is true!

WOW!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Maybe this will shed some light and maybe it will not: www.rense.com...

I don't give a damn about the number but do know that nothing will be inserted/tattooed/stamped on my hand or forehead so that I can buy or sell.

We're under enough oppression as it is. Expecting us to take some kind of mark or whatever the hell, is definitely a line in the sand for me.

Pick up my rifle and move onwards once I'm out of the game. You'll be amazed at its reliability and accuracy.
edit on 20-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

Wow, thanks a bunch for that link. Fascinating, and frankly quite scary stuff. I had read about the bar-code, and national IDs and stuff linked to this, and also microchip implants just under the skin....but the info. on that site was really something! I'll be sure to go back there in the morning, and read the comments; I just skimmed through the initial portion of it...

I don't know, but could there be a plan for having some sort of bar-coded microchip implant to be inserted in us that'll work as mind-control? We know that the government is 50 years ahead in terms of the technology available in the public domain....could TPTB have nanotechnology at its disposal that could be inserted into our bodies...say....through vaccines?
Any sort of compulsion from TPTB would seem nefarious...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Arrius

He is too famous so he will get a lot of insane emails.

So we miss out - it's a shame though.

That is true.

I always wonder, though. There are so many anonymous folks here on ATS. There are a hundred lurkers for every registered user. Who knows, one of the least suspected guys might be Dan?! Maybe Obama, or the Queen of England! Haha, fantasy, maybe.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You're over thinking it.
The number of the beast is science and technology.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbaskins
SF Funny thing that you should start this thread, because I was just thinking about this yesterday after my girlfriends grandparents tried to convert my seven year old daughter. It had me so mad because they live in Tennessee and drove 5 hours to Indiana so they stopped on by. Sad thing is that within their first 15 minutes in my house my girlfriends grandfather was telling my daughter that Jesus loves her and to never forget it and started to get wattery eyes. I was a bit bothered for a while then after they left I started watching the History Channel Bible prophecy show and started stewing about all the possabilities of the mark of the beast. I have nothing against Christians, although I do disagree with most of their beliefs. You sound about like me arius, very open minded and thats what I like in a human. Got me thinking. I think I am going to hit youtube for alittle bit to do some checking up on the subject.

Wow. That's a tricky thing; religion and kids. I'm more spiritual than religious, to be honest. And my wife is a very Southern Christian woman. Makes me think what approach will be best to talk to kids about religion/God when that time comes. (We don't have kids yet.) My wife shuts me up with her sharp tongue, so I am assuming I have already lost that battle (like every other
) ....I think my kids should grow up as their own individuals. If they choose to be Christians, great. If not, great. As long as they are open-minded, and cultivate the right morals, I'm fine with anything, really.

Thanks.
Yes, I am open-minded. People ask me if I am a Christian, and I say, eh...yes and no. I believe in the message of Jesus Christ - peace and love. But I dislike taking things to the extreme, and acting all high and mighty like some Bible-thumping pseudo-religious folks do...I think...I believe in a God, ultimately. But, well, I could be wrong. I keep that door ajar.
I suspect you are somewhat similar. If nothing else, open-minded. It's sad that people like us are in the minority.

That aside, yeah, I'm thinking about watching some vids related to this, too, now. Someone posted a great link to a page earlier in this thread which talks about how 666 appears in every bar-code on every item in our household already! Gonna read up more on that!

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
From what I have read the New Testament authors spoke Aramaic but wrote in Kione Greek.

Thanks.

I was not aware of that. I'll have to do more research to see if I can find someone who has read/understands the original text, and ask him questions pertaining to whether the original text comprehensively says 666, or can one interpret something else from it...

Eh, gives me something fun to do in my boring life, at least.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
You're over thinking it.

You could be right, my friend. So, do you think the Bible is not pointing to a literal Antichrist at all...as in not literally a person....but is a metaphor for something? Does not seem impractical. We live in the world of modern science, so it does not surprise me if that is the case...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius

Originally posted by vjr1113
You're over thinking it.

You could be right, my friend. So, do you think the Bible is not pointing to a literal Antichrist at all...as in not literally a person....but is a metaphor for something? Does not seem impractical. We live in the world of modern science, so it does not surprise me if that is the case...

However that is a direct contradiction to what the texts themselves says, that the AntiChist "will be a Man.

edit on 20-11-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i've always thought since the bible was written in greek that it'd be a symbol close to "FFF"

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Maybe there is no beast to wear ANY number and he/she/it was created purely for fearmongering and to support religious beliefs.

OK let add to that. If there is a magic evil number then I say that 666 is just a place holder. The real number could be any number. 666 is more of an idea than an actual number. Are we going to start fearing all numbers? Maybe you phone number is the magic evil number. Maybe you bank card number is. Maybe you PIN number is. Maybe you car tag number is. I could go on and on but you get the point. 666 is an idea not the actual number 666. So get over it or start looking at every number as it was 666.

That is my opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

I have always been surprised and amazed at how creeped out people get by the number 666. I thind that there is lot of confusion and I am happy that the OP brought this issue up, especially with all the "end of the world" hype going on.

Arrius quotes King James:
"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six."

Six is the number of man! Why? Because man lives in a cubic reality. Six sides; up, down, north, east, west, and south. When man looks to man, who looks to man, you have 666. You have a "trinity" of one dimension. father, son, grandson. There is no room for variation or growth, no quantum leap of reality. There is no thinking outside the box. Thinking is stagnent and there is seeming no way out of the box.

Lets take a little look at numbers:

One: Singularity, wholeness, aloneness and embracing the totality of oneself. So, your there, self absorbed, floating along and doing the backstroke in total bliss, then wham, you backstroke into another one!

Two: The existance of seperateness. The ability to go in and out of oneself. Communion and recognition. Wham!

Three: A thought! A seperate observation. An oppinion and the beginning of self in a thought only reality.

Four: The first interdimensional fact. A thought, a solid reality. The tetrahedron, THE BIG BANG, and "THE WORD" Lets go back to three: A flat plane with three point edges. To reach the number four, the three desire to go back to oneness, and snap like a big bang into anther dimension. This is the Non MYO Renge Kyo.

Five: The introduction of duality. Right of wrong, good or bad. Five represents the first decision. To eat the apple, or, not to eat the apple. To be, or, not to be. In a base ten math system, five is half way there. You could turn around and go back, which you are familiar with, or you could choose to "make that decision to go forward, (direction, space and time). In theology God's name is represented in the first four numbers, base four. Five is actually One in this new dimension. It is the beginning of a self chosen journey. The Fool Card.

Six: We already discussed

Seven: Introduces another dimension. introspection and spirituality. A communion with the inside dimension, god, higher self, sense of purpose, goals aims sense of personality and developement, applied to the dimension of six. Looking outside the box.

Eight: Seeking outside influenced to satisfy your goal. Learning, traveling observation etc.

Nine: Achieving a sense of accomplishment. The ability to lead and teach.

Ten: Lets start all over..............

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think this number , 666, is used in a descriptive way ; to help us understand the basic nature of man. Rather than use 666, let's use 2/3 , it's fractional equivalent. 2/3 of our time on earth we're awake, working , playing....consciously aware. 1/3 of the time we're asleep , more attuned to the spiritual world. Only if we're unbalanced and lose our connection to our spiritual side could the BEAST deceive us and take control.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What if it has something to do with connection.

As in six degrees of separation.

What if you divide the human race into three categories, for example, rich, middle class, poor.
And say you could track, human relationships.

So on day A, class 1 becomes completely linked by 6 degrees. On day B, class 2 becomes completely linked by six degrees, day C, class 3 becomes linked by 6 degrees, and then 'mark', final day, they all become linked together.

Thus, the mark of the beast, is the day, every single human is linked to each other via six degrees of separation.

I'm not sure the 3 categories are financially segregated, but Socrates often talked about the human soul, mirroring the organization of cities, being divided into three categories. Reason (Gold:Rulers) Spirit (Silver:Warriors) Appetite (Bronze:Merchants & Artisans)

The fact there are three sixes is as relevant as the number 6.
New Testament was originally transcribed in Greek.
Trinity is relevant to Christian Faith, and for that matter in Hinduism, where Brahma, or the atman, exists as Shiva, Krishna & Brahma.

Also, Babylonian mathematics was based on a six digit value system, so additionally, it could just mean, in three limits of 'something', maximum value is reached.

*Just to note, if you're not familiar, the 'six degrees of separation' theory is the idea that all humans are linked to one another through six other people.

edit on 20-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Link: on the six degrees,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tet - Chet - Zayin - Vav - He - Dalet - Gimel - Bet - Alef
Samech - Nun - Nun - Mem - Mem - Lamed - Khaf - Kaf - Yod
Tav - Shin - Resh - Qof - Tzade - Tzade - Fe - Pe - Ayin

In hebrew the initials would be:
Dalet, Dalet, Dalet [D,D,D]

If you cycle through the alphabet...
600 times you wind up back at Dalet
60 times you wind up back at Dalet
6 times you still get Dalet

Now if you can find a politically powerful person, or a highly influential person that is reshaping the world whilst trying to tear apart and debunk the word of God who has these initials, then all you'll have to do is prove it to millions.

edit on 20-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Surprised no one has mentioned Obama. He came to power in Chicago, where there is 60606 as a zip code.

Not to worry! Obama's actual zip code was 60615...uh oh...6, 6, 1+5...

Hmmm....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Reading the verse in revelation as a child, made no sense to me. Now all these years later, it would seem that indeed the number is related to science and technology. I think that the antichrist is a transhumanist type dictator.

edit on 11/20/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join