It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Surviving Flight Attendant Forced To Remove Prosthetic Breast During Pat-Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Cancer Surviving Flight Attendant Forced To Remove Prosthetic Breast During Pat-Down

www.wbtv.com

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A Charlotte-area flight attendant and cancer survivor contacted WBTV after she says she was forced to show her prosthetic breast during a pat-down.

Cathy Bossi lives in south Charlotte and has been a flight attendant for the past 32 years, working the past 28 for U.S. Airways.

She reluctantly agreed.

As a 3-year breast cancer survivor she says she didn't want the added radiation through her body.

But, Bossi says she did agree.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TSA Body Scanners: Do They Even Work? That's CLASSIFIED!
Growing backlash against TSA body scanners, pat-downs
Scientists Suggest TSA Naked Body Scanners May Be Dangerous
T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished

edit on 11/19/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Of course she's going to submit to this stupidity.

If we do not submit to it we are shown as hostile.

If we do not submit to it we are seen as threatening.

If we do not submit to it we are fined like criminals.

This is getting completely ridiculous if you ask me.

Quote from : Dictionary.com : Ridiculous

ri·dic·u·lous   /rɪˈdɪkyələs/ Show Spelled
[ri-dik-yuh-luhs]

–adjective
causing or worthy of ridicule or derision; absurd; preposterous; laughable: a ridiculous plan.

And it can only get worse.

www.wbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think we need to add the entire TSA to the National Sex Offender Registry. If I forced a woman to show me her breast I would be put on it. So why not them? It sounds reasonable and fair to me.

The whole organization needs to be abolished right along with the entire DHS. Throw the Federal Reserve and IRS in there as well. Hell, while we're at it, get rid of the CIA, FBI, and NSA too. I'm tired of all of them. They need to go.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
These stories just keep coming out... it's sickening and disheartening.

On the plus side, the more this happens and the more people are willing to make it public can only be a good thing in the end, for protecting personal dignity ... It cannot be allowed to be swept under the table and hidden.
edit on 19-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
I think we need to add the entire TSA to the National Sex Offender Registry. If I forced a woman to show me her breast I would be put on it. So why not them? It sounds reasonable and fair to me.

The whole organization needs to be abolished right along with the entire DHS. Throw the Federal Reserve and IRS in there as well. Hell, while we're at it, get rid of the CIA, FBI, and NSA too. I'm tired of all of them. They need to go.

Now there's a novel thought, put the T.S.A. into the grinder, the problem is we do not control that.

If my child was touched at all, let alone innappropriately, by this organization there would be mayhem.

There needs to be a limit to where their power begins and our rights ends or we have no rights.
edit on 11/19/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

...are you saying we should allow potential terrorists to hide bombs in fake breasts? Fake breasts should not be examined for weapons?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
These stories just keep coming out... it's sickening and disheartening.

On the plus side, the more this happens and the more people are willing to make it public can only be a good thing in the end, for protecting personal dignity ... It cannot be allowed to be swept under the table and hidden.
edit on 19-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Sooner or later they are going to go too far and we will not listen.

The citizens need to actually use their voices and tell them enough.

If enough people put enough petititions together they have to listen.

Especially in this economy where money grows tighter and tighter.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What the ? ...
..... Unbelievable. What the hell have we turned into? Sickening.

"There are blowers and there are dogs out there that can sniff out bombs," she says. "There's no reason to have somebody's hands touching your body parts."

For sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Are you suggesting that the policy pre-Oct. 2010 (the enhanced pat-downs) were insufficient? How were prosthetics handled (yes, pun) then? Were people being compelled to show their breasts? and more importantly, the question that has still failed to be answered: are we safer now, then before?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That poor woman.

i hope she sues them.

What ever next? Removal of false teeth? body cavity searches?

They are stripping peoples dignity away.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

...are you saying we should allow potential terrorists to hide bombs in fake breasts? Fake breasts should not be examined for weapons?

No, I am not saying that at all, and there needs to be a limit.

I am saying they should not be allowed in our damn country to begin with.

Why should a 90 year old have to submit to this nonsense?

Tell me if you want your child touched and patted down to be made to feel a criminal.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
What the ? ...
..... Unbelievable. What the hell have we turned into? Sickening.

"There are blowers and there are dogs out there that can sniff out bombs," she says. "There's no reason to have somebody's hands touching your body parts."

For sure.

Come by and check out my thread on the deeper issue at hand.

T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished

This is just building to an unsuitable form of political blackmail.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
There needs to be a limit to where their power begins and our rights ends or we have no rights.

I put my bags on the conveyor belt and walk through the metal detector. If no alarms go off, I am not a terrorist. That's what the limit of their power should be. This system worked perfectly fine up until the fear campaign launched after September 11th. Terrorists have not acquired any magical powers that warrant these intrusive security methods.

Of course, there are some that will argue that it is this system that failed us on September 11th. As long as we're going with the fraudulent official story, that is true. However, new and stronger locking mechanisms have been added to cockpit doors and pilots are armed. It is THIS style of security that we need to focus on; the style of security that is sufficient to protecting against terrorism while also sacrificing no civil liberties whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

And they could hide it up their bum. Only a body cavity search would find it. Should we start doing cavity searches on everyone? Where should we draw the line? Is there really so many terrorists out there making fake boob bombs to warrant this type of activity from our government?

People are so up in arms about the possibility of someone getting a bomb on a plane yet they never even think about the thousands of real lives that are lost every year due to automobile accidents. Lets start putting breathalyzers in every vehicle. That would save more lives than body scanners might.
edit on 19-11-2010 by janon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
That poor woman.

i hope she sues them.

What ever next? Removal of false teeth? body cavity searches?

They are stripping peoples dignity away.

What about toupes?

And to give Muslim's any more rights than us?

What a crock of crap that someone can bypass this due to religion.

I have nothing against Muslim people but everyone needs to be treated the same.

Either do it to everyone or no one.

And by invasively feeling up people this is ignorant behavior.

What of those people who have been molested and never got over it?

What about rape victims who had an abusive husband who violated them?

What about those people who are overly sensitive to touch, smell, and people in their space?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
What about those people who are overly sensitive to touch, smell, and people in their space?

I could only imagine what would happen if my autistic uncle was forced to go through a pat down. He would more than likely end up tazed and in jail.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Don't know about SpartanKing I however wouldn't dignify your question with a serious response. Define potential terrorist ??? Just what the hell is a potential terrorist. My apology for my tone .................... Statements of this nature, by default ,include everyone on planet earth. " Potential terrorist "

edit on 19-11-2010 by dazbog because: Changed "Question' to Statements"

link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

It is not the system that has failed us even on 9/11 but us ourselves.

Because we got fat, lazy, stupid we allowed the politicians the control.

And lobbyists and special interest groups buy votes like predators offering candy to a baby.

link   

Originally posted by janon
I could only imagine what would happen if my autistic uncle was forced to go through a pat down.

I don't think someone has to have something mentally wrong with them to have an issue with these security techniques. I think they have something mentally wrong with them if they don't have an issue with them.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I hope this woman and others will sue for all they can get!! People are being treated like dirt, this has to stop!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join