It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Food is a Scam. These people grow 1,000,000 pounds of food on 3 Acres!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Something else not mentioned yet here...

Monsanto and these huge corporations are what pay for a lot of the prestigious universities to do their research. They are also responsible for introducing new projects and securing patents through the same channels.

Go out and try to find a peer-reviewed journal or study of ANY kind that links GMO foods to human health. It's impossible. WHY? Because any scientist that is serious about studying this would need a LOT of money... and where are you going to find that kind of money and to what benefit? (benefit = profit)

This is why you won't find "hard" data from "experts". However, there is enough research by the very same companies and patented papers and publications at the FDA that have a ton of information on how horrible the effects of these foods are. Most studies are done on rats, which 9 times out of 10, mirror exactly what happens to humans at higher doses.

Source

The above link talks about how certain types of GMO foods showed altered intestinal reactions, immune deficiency and other problems in rats when tested. The person who released the data was slammed because of it, but read for yourself and decide.

IMO, I think a decent size of the population lacks the complex enzymes and genes needed to break down these new GMO foods and that is why so many problems are on the rise today. Since almost all corn is modified, and all high fructose corn syrup is made from that corn, essentially everything you buy that is packaged is made from GM food. IF you lack the genes or enzymes to properly break down this food, it is considered a poison by your body and your body will react as such. To believe otherwise is foolish. This is why, I believe, diseases have increased exponentially, especially diabetes which is directly linked to how sugar (ie - fructose - ie - high fructose corn syrup) is processed. Some of these crops disintegrate into the soil and mix in with the soil and water supply. Monsanto also buys land near small farms so that they can "allow" their crops to blow into neighboring farms, and then SUES them because the small farmer "stole" their patented genetically modified food. It's insanity, when will it stop??

It shouldn't need to be spelled out for people. This stuff is bad. There is no way scientists can possibly understand the implications of changing the natural evolution of food will impact people.

Here is some more info for those brave enough to look:

Study

Link

~Namaste

edit on 19-11-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: additional link

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

While you are correct in your premise that we have been HYBRIDIZING plants for around 10,000 years, we must use the correct verb. We never genetically engineered, as in manipulated DNA ever in our history until recently. Jared Diamond in Guns Germs and Steel, paints the most accurate portrait of our agricultural origins. Combining DNA from species issuing from entirely different plant families, and even Kingdoms ( Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order Family Genus Species) is ludicrous to say the least.

Now in regards growing 1,000,000 pounds in 3 acres....no, it doesnt work like that, especially not in regards diversity. In my work in Herb and Vitamin manufacturing I have formulas I run in order to figure gross poundage of goods per acre, per row x row footage etc...the average for all produce material is 14,000 lbs per acre. Now that is an average, but you should get my point 333,000 lbs per acre is a bit off I'd say.

This does not mean that the Ops point is invalid, no in fact it's a great point as even 14,000lbs per acre is fantastic...now if you do an acre of tomatos, and you have the right kind of season, you can yield upwards 40,000 lbs per acre.

Cool thread

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

greenhouse that specializes in tropical plants, a few layers high.

Why stop there If the windows had been bigger on the twin towers we could have fed NY. Only problem is the crop dusters would have had to Col the tower to get flight plan

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

People have been modifying Plants for donkeys years, long before genetics was invented.

What I don't like is the US Government has allowed Monsanto to make Food Propriety.
And that spells disaster no matter how you look it.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is why me and my family have started to eat Future eFoods organically grown no chemical additives and the biggest surprise it taste great. This company is putting their money where their mouth is and is sending out free eFood samples if you pay a small shipping and handling fee. I got my free samples and I said good by to GMO foods. myfreefood.us...
^Y^
edit on 19-11-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

LOL nice pyramid scheme there....dude conceptually that is farcical. Look food reserves aspect of their argument is sound, but not buying it from a source that is tacking on a gross profit margin. Man, I am so tired of everything in this world being about profit.

Fear mongers are bad, fear mongering capitalists...even worse. I am sure there is something in the terms of use about blatantly trying to soak people. ...Lol I got my free food today...BAH dirt, seed, grow...thats a good way to get ahead with food, not buying it...lord EFOOD

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
GMO is a proven killer already.
it is producing substandard yields
many animals won't eat it
It kills the land and
then if the GMO pollen blows into your fields monsanto takes your farm
like they did with percy shmieser.

look at Iraq where it is illegal to save your own seeds
the Iraqis have no choice but to use Monsanto GMO with MONSANTO chemicals and the results are sterile
this is as big a crime against humanity as is it is possible to do.

Of course Bill Gates invested heavily in a massive arc like NON GMO SEED BANK tucked away in the arctic because he and the other elite think GMO is a good idea.

In my opinion GMO and its supporters are as LOW as it gets.
well, they have proven it
it isn't hard to find the facts
www.raw-wisdom.com...

You have bit from the tree of knowledge
you know what that means.
the apple and eve and all that is an allegorical version of this exact thing.
pandora's box
enjoy your lunch

me, I'll follow the old ways
thats why they are remembered.
our prophets saw you coming.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
reply to post by amari

LOL nice pyramid scheme there....dude conceptually that is farcical. Look food reserves aspect of their argument is sound, but not buying it from a source that is tacking on a gross profit margin. Man, I am so tired of everything in this world being about profit.

Fear mongers are bad, fear mongering capitalists...even worse. I am sure there is something in the terms of use about blatantly trying to soak people. ...Lol I got my free food today...BAH dirt, seed, grow...thats a good way to get ahead with food, not buying it...lord EFOOD

You got to kidding me, I pay about about 90 cents to a dollar per good size serving of their eFoods what does a hamburger cost that is full of chemicals hormones steroids. One thing in America we still have a choice GMO food or real food. I hope this guy stays in business and makes a profit and I am sorry that the world goes round and round, and in a free enterprise capitalistic system business people and individuals make a profit including your wholesaler and retailer. www.rurdev.usda.gov... ^Y^

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The truth will be too late for most....It is really stupid to be doing this type of mods to our food supply.
What if some unforseen circumstance causes the fiftieth generation og GMO to wither and die on the vine....gulp. well be wishing for some of the old veges and fruits.
If monsanto wants to produce this sh$T then let them NOT endanger normal crops by planting the GMO nearby!
I believe tha farmers have the right to sue more than monsanto......
I think its about time to take this right to the factory and blow the damn thing.....High time we stopped the goverment and big business from screwing with our lives.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
These systems are our future. Highrise buildings with a pool on the roof, draining the water down running turbines and watering the giant vines cascading down the outside of the building, shading you from the new brutal solar radiation and monsoons. Great thread, stick that in your pipe and eat it GMO

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Can you show me where the "elites" eat organic and we eat the rest? Proof please! I can sit here and say, we have to play the playstation 3 while the "elite" get the playstation 5" and it proves nada. Proof p;lease, if not, then "later dude"

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think the most logical and fair thing to do would be to make producers label foods that are made with GMO products. I am not overly concerned with consuming GMO foods but those that are should have the right to be informed. If we can grow crops that are more nutritious for example, I don't see a problem with doing so.

There are many people in the world who don't have the luxury of eating a balanced diet. If we could put the nutrition of a serving of carrots into a single serving of rice than GMO foods could be beneficial for the impoverished peoples of the world.
edit on 19-11-2010 by isitjustme because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
S&F great thread!
My boyfriend and I started growing our own veggies this past summer. It cut our grocery bill down, we got great exercise while planting/harvesting, our yard looked amazing, and we had more than we could eat so we could give a lot away to people in our neighborhood who can't afford a lot of fresh produce.

I think most of Americans have come to be so dependent on processed and ready to eat foods, that the thought of growing it themselves is just too far-fetched of an idea. It takes hard work and time out of your busy busy day, but the results are worth it! Your body and wallet will thank you!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is why I feed my kids all organic foods. What I can't get in the grocery store i grow. It is very expensive, expecially the free range grass feed organic beef but in the end I think I am doing what is best for my family.

I grow a very large garden on 1/4 of an acre and end up with enough tomatoes, potatoes, beans of every sort, corn, onions, beets, radishes, fresh greens of all kinds and carrots to eat all summer and still have enough to can and freeze to eat the rest of the year. I still have butter beans in my freezer from last year, vaccume packed of course.

In the past I made all my kids baby food.

What they are putting in food and growing food with terrorfies me and i want to stay way from it. I can only hope that the GMO altered stuff doesn't get in my digently tended organic garden. This stuff and I am not only talking about GMO, is going to wind up killing the human race.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The thing about this that makes me go WHAT THE * is how they're able to sue anyone they want. I bet they hire people to sneak on to a person's farm, plant their seeds into their victims fields or mix in some of their seeds into the farmer's normal seed supplies, wait for it to grow one day and then make a false accusation. All it is, is framing and hearsay. No physical evidence that the farmers planted it or knew they had possession of GM Seeds, it's like the perfect SET UP/SCHEME. A BIG ONE SIDED LOOP HOLE.

There's no special color indication between GM seeds and normal seeds. What happens when they're seeds finally infiltrates and dominate the supplies of other seed distributors? (Which i bet they're probably hoping for to happen) Will the unexpected people who unknowingly bought their seed from a company that was suppose to be GMO Free be to blame and sued?

The Government is so * up for allowing someone to patent seeds! especially since seed can cross pollinate! So if your plant gets cross pollinated by accident without knowing, it's now considered Monsanto's property! that can be taken advantage of, big time!(example: Lets fly a plane and drop seeds randomly every where
) Anyone can claim they didn't do something and in reality, actually do it. "Monsanto has never sued a farmer who unknowingly planted our seeds"(actual quote by Chris Horner) Yet there are cases that says otherwise.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

maybe this is why the bees are disappearing.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LaorishGuy

maybe they are spraying seeds into farmers crops in the night and day. Maybe this is what everyone is complainning about when planes fly overhead and spray some bio engineered stuff into the plants while they are flowering and this is why the bees left, because of this chemical.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So tired of threads such as, lemme tell you, you will grow enough food for 2 ppl on an acre for the first year, providing the Zombies dont come first. Then you will be a-wishing, for a person like me that is able and willing to kil la zombie Yadda, Yadda, you know what to do, you cannot do it, my opinion. Youre right , I don't know you. I know youre type

sorry about your luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How will this effect pregnant wimen? How will this effect humanity? How does this effect the bees in pollinization? This will only get worse, because the bio plant will be resistant and the others will slowly drop from the food chain. How will this effect other animals? How will this effect the food chain? JESUS , I COULD GO ON FOREVER with the questions.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

what do you mean by the results are sterile? PLANTS sterile? If so, then the plant cannot reproduce and you would have to get more seeds again to plant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join