It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mason's skip in generation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
my great-grandfather was amason and he had only two daughters and then my grad mother had my mom and and my mom had me is there anyway that i am entitled to becoming a mason?

thx,
-Graham

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Do a search for your area's Grand Lodge, all the sites I have seen have a How to Join, link.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Joining the masons has nothing to do with birthright or anything like that. Simply locate your local lodge and knock on the door. More than likely you will find some friendly people who will help you on your way. All you have to do is ask. Nothing really much to, but to do it!
Good Luck, I am heavily considering joining soon myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
my great-grandfather was amason and he had only two daughters and then my grad mother had my mom and and my mom had me is there anyway that i am entitled to becoming a mason?

At the risk of repeating what Star and Crescent just said, I'd like to repeat it

Becoming a Mason has nothing whatsoever to do with line of descent. Any man of mature age who believes in a Supreme Being (of any kind) is entitled to apply to become a Mason. Their are other criteria (such as being a generally good person) that determine whether that individual will ultimately be admitted or not.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith

It is not necessary that anyone be related to a Mason in order to join the fraternity, nor or you asked this on your application for membership. The only requirements are that potential candidates for membership believe in a Supreme Being, and, in the language of the fraternity, be a man, free born, of lawful age, and under the tongue of good report.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Can I become a mason without taking the oath to the death?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

What "oath to the death" are you talking about? Are you talking about the solemn obligations of the three degrees? If so, no, you can't. Would you expect that you should be able to?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

You can become a Mason the same way John Wayne did (and everyone else who has ever been so honored throughout history).

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nice going ML, there's nothing funnier than some one spewing anti-Masonic rhetoric while using a John "That's right pilgrim, I'm a Mason" Wayne Avatar. Guess we'll just have to focus on his lack of content now.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Nice going ML, there's nothing funnier than some one spewing anti-Masonic rhetoric while using a John "That's right pilgrim, I'm a Mason" Wayne Avatar. Guess we'll just have to focus on his lack of content now.

Aw guys, I feel cheated...don't you? The Masons never offered me an "oath to the death" when I was initiated, passed OR raised...

Frat.,

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am a 26th consecutive MM in my family and did not know anything about until one month when my dad and fellow relatives "tapped" me on my 21st birthday, but this is not a requirement.

Good Luck, hope all goes well

-S&C

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow, twenty six... I am only the seventh in a direct line THAT I KNOW OF... it seems some of them did not talk about Masonry with their families... that secrecy thing...

new topics

top topics

join