It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatwa on TSA. Napolitano considering exemption for Muslim women in Hijab?!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
cnsnews.com...

The CAIR has issued instructions that Muslim women wearing hijab should only be patted on head and neck, not lower down.

According to Fox it seems that Napolitano is giving this consideration. Other reports are that the CAIR has already received assurance that the exemption will be respected, although I can't flind an orlginal source to confirm that information.

Fox News video stating Napolitano is considering it.

www.youtube.com...

If this isn't total insanity, tell me what is.

edit on 18-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I thought one of the leading arguments that supported the importance of the TSA screening procedures was that female Muslims could hide bombs in their bras? What the hell is the point of tapping peoples heads? Who wears a bomb on their head? I'm curious, has anyone been through LAX lately? Do they have these body scanners set up, and is it mandatory?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Since the TSA is doing Naziesque, irrelevant things, I'm all for going back to how it was when I was growing up: Get your ticket and get on a plane. It worked well for a very long time, and since 9/11 was orchestrated not by the terrorists but by those who could bypass the TSA if they wanted to anyway...let's just move away from the TSA BS, eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
I thought one of the leading arguments that supported the importance of the TSA screening procedures was that female Muslims could hide bombs in their bras? What the hell is the point of tapping peoples heads? Who wears a bomb on their head? I'm curious, has anyone been through LAX lately? Do they have these body scanners set up, and is it mandatory?

Absolutely, this is total and complete insanity. They constantly spew out their propaganda that the terrorists are Muslims and then consider giving the ONLY exemption to MUSLIMS who are covered from head to toe in their Hijab, where anything could be hidden.

Of note in this argument is that a suspected terrorist in UK allegedly managed to escape the country by dressing in a hijab and therefore remaining undetecred.

It seems to me this is more of 'lies in plain sight' - it is telling us they are LYING about the reason for these scanners.

Sorry - I've got no info on LAX airport.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I heard this several days ago---the exemption would be allowed for religious reasons - muslim women can not be subjected to the groping by TSA -

POLITICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENT I KNOW-- it is members of the Muslim religion that caused this BS in the first place-( that being said I respect the 911 truthers and their opinions )- I just find it amazing that the government established that radical Islam extremists were the enemy and now we are going to exempt potential enemy under Sharia Law?

A while back there was a story about a female suicide bomber - who opted to be a suicide bomber because it was an honorable death as opposed to being stoned to death because she had violated Sharia Law -

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Since the TSA is doing Naziesque, irrelevant things, I'm all for going back to how it was when I was growing up: Get your ticket and get on a plane. It worked well for a very long time, and since 9/11 was orchestrated not by the terrorists but by those who could bypass the TSA if they wanted to anyway...let's just move away from the TSA BS, eh?

If only they were that sane. Problem is, you have to be a certified psychopath to become a politician. It's one of the requirements, along with below average IQ, no discernible conscience, lust, greed, ability to lie constantly without hesitation, and complete absence of concern for human life and dignity, and for the environment. Other qualifications are not required. No need to be an expert in your area of authority..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the muslims are really going to have to define the hajab as a religious thing or a cultural thing.

either way, it will not be good for them.

none of this, "well sometimes this" and "usually that," crap!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This should come as no surprise....Afterall Muslims are not the threat to their agenda, its informed American Patriots that they are afraid of. By infuriating an American Citizen and then getting a reaction, they get to detain them, strip search and iterrogate the living heck out of them all the while sending the "resistance is futile message".

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
we should charge them with treason if this goes through, get real who are they, TPTB, really protecting, us or them, have they forgotten that women can be killers too!! this is insanity at it's finest!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There was quite the discussion in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... the other day.

I started this one to reflect the possible future of screening. Orlando/Sanford International has announced that it wants to opt out of the TSA service. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

thats the government i remember..
descriminating everybody, eventually..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Sort of confirms that the 'enemy' in their mind isn't Islamic extremists but American citizens.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No pat-down/feel-up for muslim women?
Then they MUST go through the naked body scanners/peep-show booths IMO.
Otherwise, its discrimination.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you are going to pat people down, pat people down and be consistent about it. If it doesn't apply to everyone, then don't do it.

I don't see why any favoritism should be shown to anyone. Either do it consistently or stop doing it.

It is useless to pat down if you are not doing it consistently because then something may get through the security.

I fully believe that there may be a Muslim woman who is sent out to blow up a plane because we are expecting men to do it, and not women. I wouldn't put it past the terrorist to see this as a weakness in our defenses.

If they only pat down a woman and she has explosives or something, then the country will call for heads to roll for this oversight to be allowed to happen. None of that will matter to the family and loved ones of someone who is killed for political correctness or for not wanting to offend someone.

Just imagine your husband or wife or kids are dead. Would it matter who you offended then? Would you care then? Or would you still defend the right of some Muslim woman not be be offended by a pat down?

If it is offensive, don't fly.

Either that, or just stop patting down since it won't matter if it is not done consistently for everyone.

I don't really like the pat downs but I can see how we are in a world where it is becoming necessary. But it is only necessary if it is consistent. If it is not consistent, then it is useless.
If it is not consistent then we have a weakness, and they will exploit it sooner or later. A chink in the armor will always be found.

edit on 18-11-2010 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
A chink in the armor will always be found.

edit on 18-11-2010 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

aka a loophole. my religion does not allow me to pass through body scanners or get molested without a search warrant in airports, and if I do proceed without hindrance, I am disgracing myself, my family, my friends, my country, my rights, and my God.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Then if your religion does not allow it, have a good day, but you can't fly.
Sorry about that. Maybe you can take a bus?

That is what they need to say to them.

There is nothing in the constitution that says you have the right to fly anywhere. It isn't a right. You have other forms of transportation.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The whole CAIR thing has been debunked ad nauseum..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by wcitizen

Sort of confirms that the 'enemy' in their mind isn't Islamic extremists but American citizens.

Absolutely. What TSA really stands for, must be' Terrorise Stupid Americans'. That's what they really think.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
No pat-down/feel-up for muslim women?
Then they MUST go through the naked body scanners/peep-show booths IMO.
Otherwise, its discrimination.

No, I think the body scannes are out too - can't show their naked body.

second

new topics

top topics

join