It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Ancient Crystal Skull Discovered!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Piezoelectricity
Quartz crystals have piezoelectric properties; they develop an electric potential upon the application of mechanical stress. An early use of this property of quartz crystals was in phonograph pickups. One of the most common piezoelectric uses of quartz today is as a crystal oscillator. The quartz clock is a familiar device using the mineral. The resonant frequency of a quartz crystal oscillator is changed by mechanically loading it, and this principle is used for very accurate measurements of very small mass changes in the quartz crystal microbalance and in thin-film thickness monitors.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
Wasn't sure where to put this, fee; free to move if you know a better home for it.

Hi ATS,

Thought people would enjoy this. A bit more food for thought; )

bon appetit-

Because it is the most complex, the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is both the most famous and the most debated.
(snip)

Complex in what way? No doubt it is the most famous because Anna told one hell of lie to ripe ears and, similar to Roswell, the truth was buried. But the truth only lay dormant until someone performed proper research and the truth saw the light of day. Anna continued to deny the truth just like Betty Hill continued to sell her fantasy to gullible ears.

Here is an edited primer on the truth from Wiki:

F. A. Mitchell-Hedges mentioned the skull only briefly in the first edition of his autobiography, Danger My Ally (1954), without specifying where or by whom it was found. He merely claimed that "it is at least 3,600 years old and according to legend it was used by the High Priest of the Maya when he was performing esoteric rites. It is said that when he willed death with the help of the skull, death invariably followed". All subsequent editions of Danger My Ally omitted mention of the skull entirely.

Eugène Boban, main French dealer in pre-Columbian artifacts during the second half of the 19th century and probable source of many famous skulls. The earliest published reference to the skull is the July 1936 issue of the British anthropological journal Man, where it is described as being in the possession of Mr. Sydney Burney, a London art dealer who is said to have owned it since 1933. No mention was made of Mitchell-Hedges. There is documentary evidence that Mitchell-Hedges bought it from Burney in 1944.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thumper76

Erm... What has that got to do with crystal skulls?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thumper76

10-10-10--more energy activation?? crystals have always been essential for transfer of information/communication/computer chips ect...powerful and mysterious....crystal energy could arguably be averywhere...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Crystals are bio computer chips and when entrained in the correct frequencies you can store / retrieve data from these skulls. Crystals do have a life force and that life force can contain those memories for a loooooooooong time. Cool article - haven't heard about the severed jaw skull until now.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

Demonstrate it in a controlled environment and while you do that demonstrate all the claimed abilities of each type of crystal they sell in New Age Shops. Crystal are cool to look at the show to people, but beyond their beauty and novelty, the rest of that stuff is pure baloney.

I do have some pieces of high content Gallium Ore though that will heal sores. Of course the explanation is mundane. It quite simply dries out the wound, causing it to heal faster. No mystery and yet the guy I picked it up from was a Native American Shaman who was in fact a common scam artist. Funny guy too, he would laugh at his customers who he charged a hundred times the specimens value too for their so called healing powers. He never told them to go to the local Pharmacy and get something that would work better for a couple of dollars.

So are you saying that crystal/quartz cannot hold data?

If so, you are sadly mistaken. lol

It is a proven, scientific fact.

Deny ignorance..
or embrace it as you do..
whichever works for ya.

i would need to know what your calling data, if your talking about "raw data" then your answere is no it can not.

a tree holds data, cut one down and see how long it has been alive......

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Piezoelectricity
Quartz crystals have piezoelectric properties; they develop an electric potential upon the application of mechanical stress. An early use of this property of quartz crystals was in phonograph pickups. One of the most common piezoelectric uses of quartz today is as a crystal oscillator. The quartz clock is a familiar device using the mineral. The resonant frequency of a quartz crystal oscillator is changed by mechanically loading it, and this principle is used for very accurate measurements of very small mass changes in the quartz crystal microbalance and in thin-film thickness monitors.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yep.

A carved quartz skull is not a crystal oscillator, nor is it a Pentium IV processor.

Just because a material has certain properties that can be used in a certain application does not mean that anything that contains that material can be used in the same application. It's oversimplification used to justify metaphysical beliefs. Personally I like to keep my physics separate from my metaphysics.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'm not trying to troll those who attach importance or spiritual significance to these objects, but they've been identified as turn of the century hoaxes created in Germany iirc using modern machinery. The Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is one of them.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

There's no way to authenticate these skulls as anything other than just what they are...carved crystal.

On the New Age thing....I don't believe most crystal-buyers think there is any inherent powers in crystals....but that they are simply thought of as a tool to harness and focus energy. This is pretty much in line with magick practioners' beliefs... What you're really paying for, is the processing, shaping, etc. of a crystal, in addition to the material itself (and yes, it is for a very high markup, though there are places to get them much cheaper...such as a specialty store that isn't "New Age" in theme...but based more on the minerals).

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'm not trying to troll those who attach importance or spiritual significance to these objects, but they've been identified as turn of the century hoaxes created in Germany iirc using modern machinery. The Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is one of them.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

There's no way to authenticate these skulls as anything other than just what they are...carved crystal.

Actually, what's more interesting (and hit me immediately because I'm interested in these things) is that the skull is that of an African male. There's a forensic difference between African skulls and European skulls, and this is very clearly African. At first I thought it might have been Neanderthal (superorbital ridge and nose width) but comparing it with models of skulls of African men shows that the model for this was the skull of a modern African male.

So the carver was using a reference skull.

...and it's not THAT hard to carve a skull with a detachable jaw. You simply carve the jaw from another piece of crystal.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

...and it's not THAT hard to carve a skull with a detachable jaw.

No, it's not.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The source material clearly states that from all intents and purposes the jaw is from the same piece and in perfect alignment.

"Scientists have a hard time admitting that the detachable jaw of the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is made from crystal (it is), and is from the same crystal as the rest of the skull (it is). But no such doubt can arise in the case of Compassion: its right cheek has a foil in the crystal that runs from the right cheek into jaw, and hence clearly shows that both the main part of the skull and the jaw are from the same crystal."

And no cutting tool marks are visible, only manual chisel style marks. I collect crystals myself for various reasons and I can tell you the chance of getting an identical 'foil' in another crystal and cutting the jaw from it is getting towards 'being struck by lightning whilst being attacked by a flock of albino crayfish' sorta odds.

To those who don't 'get' crystals beyond their basic uses in glass etc and say it's hogwash: remember when we couldn't break the speed of sound (light's the new one) and it was thought it was impossible? Same thing here; each to their own, different people experience different things, so to rubbish them without seeing through their eyes, is a bit like me saying you must be retarded - for not feeling 'energy'. Each hundred years or so a large part of science is disproven and replaced with a more accurate perception of natural factors. I believe each has their own path and if such experiences are required in your life it will happen. I didn't believe in crystals one bit even though rocks and minerals used to fascinate me as a kid, one day I walked into a shop and felt this incredible electric buzz pulling on my head in a certain corner. I couldn't figure it out, I'd never felt anything remotely like it, even a power station couldn't come close. I figured out the intensity was strongest around a pyramid shaped lump of salt with a light stuck in it. Flabbergasted me to say the least. I believe part of it is from the fact that salts when exposed to air (moisture etc) can and will expulse negative ions, same ions in the air around waterfalls and in storms and rain. I don't know what the scientific benefits are but places and situations like that attract me, perhaps there is a reason?

Also please consider that we typed and read these messages via a series of complexly arranged and manipulated crystals!

-G.R.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Also please consider that we typed and read these messages via a series of complexly arranged and manipulated crystals!

-G.R.

Man-made, lab grown, nano machined, chemically engineered elemental silicon in conjunction with other materials.

There is no arrangement of natural quartz crystals, regardless of how complex, that will do what you are implying they can.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Perhaps the pyramid shape itself was the cause? Somewhere in the depths of the Law of One, there is quite a bit of information about pyramids and their uses
www.lawofone.info

This new skull is a BEAUTIFUL work of art. Seriously, the choice of orientation of the rivers of mineral/metal/foil deposits is just stunning. The imperfections as well, I feel, add to its beauty. Who knows if the thing has any other purpose than as a visual stimulus... Perhaps it is a tool for focusing energy? Like, everybody gets really excited over this work of art thinking its an ancient computer and puts all their energy towards it

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I don't think that the people arguing that this may be a form of data storage or computer are arguing that it is naturally occurring quartz crystal. So your premise can be correct but your argument against it being data storage or a computer invalid....

BTW...I'm not arguing either way, but people make WAY too many leaps of logic and invalid logical arguments in an effort to try and prove to others that they are right. There is no way to prove that you are right because the argument is that it is an ancient advanced form of data storage that we may never be able to properly interpret or understand. So why make invalid logical arguments against it?

Just say you don't think they are correct and move along. You make yourself look like a fool trying to prove the unproveable.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Crystals are bio computer chips and when entrained in the correct frequencies you can store / retrieve data from these skulls. Crystals do have a life force and that life force can contain those memories for a loooooooooong time. Cool article - haven't heard about the severed jaw skull until now.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

No crystals belong to the mineral realm and therefore are quite dead without any life or life-force (etheric 'body')

Minerals have been shown to harbour life even at deep depths but does not mean they are alive in any fashion. It's like saying there is no difference between say a quartz crystal and a tomato plant

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Well obviously your brain is not on the right frequency to extract information out of crystals. Our brain needs to be at a certain frequency to extract information out of crystal skulls. It is not a matter of file format or sticking a USB stick into a slot in the back of a crystal skull, it is a matter of tuning your brian to the correct frequency or energetic vibration of a crystal and accessing the information telepathically. Sound crazy? Well, it should. Then we realize that we have a long way to go in our mental evolution and the fact that we cannot yet access the information proves that and is possibly the reason that they were created in the first place. Do your research! There is a great deal of knowledge out there on this subject...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
From what I understand they use crystals in computer chips in order to generate specific frequencies. If there exists frequencies that are used in our thoughts - if we assume that everything can be quantified, then our thoughts must have some kind of frequency attributes, then perhaps, on a level that we can see directly, some kind of quantum level, thoughts could be frequencies, and directed thoughts could be a stream of frequencies that could "store" themselves within a crystal. It is all in the realm of the mind and of the imagination, areas that science can never really penetrate. If any hard-scientifically minded person wants to understand "frequencies" etc, then they have to let go of thier preconceived ideas, and let their imagination govern what they perceive. Sure, it will not be "real" but the spirit world basically IS the world of the imagination, and the realm of dellusion and hallucination are really the modern words for the spirit world, and of course the new-age word "interdimensional".
edit on 6-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join