It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Ancient Crystal Skull Discovered!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to put this, fee; free to move if you know a better home for it.

Hi ATS,

Thought people would enjoy this. A bit more food for thought; )

bon appetit-

Because it is the most complex, the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is both the most famous and the most debated. It is unique. But today, the Mitchell-Hedges skull is no longer unique: on August 6, 2009, former Alaskan fisherman Joe Bennett was able to finally buy, from a Californian import shop, a crystal skull… with a detachable jaw, which he soon named “Compassion”. A new era in crystal skull research had therefore dawned, for a number of reasons.
Bennett is a retired fisherman from Alaska. He had earned the nickname “the crystal sailor”, as for years, he had been collecting an impressive array of crystals. In his hunt for crystals, in 2006, he stumbled upon a crystal skull, in an import store in Carmel, California. The skull had belonged to a close friend of the owners, who had brought it over from Africa. Upon his death his family liquidated the estate and asked the import store to sell the crystal skull for them.
Bennett relates how he “noticed a crystal skull in the back of this shop on a high shelf. I admired the extreme craftsmanship, saw the price and forgot about it. Like most people I didn’t have any reference for crystal skulls other than Halloween witches or Black Magic.” However, the skull did not let go of Joe, who had a series of vivid dreams about the skull, so much so that he dispatched his sister – who lived nearby – to make a series of photographs, which she sent to Joe. It was now only a matter of time before the skull would end up in Bennett’s care.

full article- here.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Crystals are bio computer chips and when entrained in the correct frequencies you can store / retrieve data from these skulls. Crystals do have a life force and that life force can contain those memories for a loooooooooong time. Cool article - haven't heard about the severed jaw skull until now.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great find!

They even claim an airbubbel and water trapped inside or maybe as part of the design

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Exactly. This is the reason that my personal belief leans towards the Skulls- or atleast some of them- supposedly being intended for storage of information as a sort of recorders. This would also go well together with the accounts from people that have described hearing sounds from the skulls; amonst them sounds of jungledrums.

It have often times been claimed that these skulls are hoaxes and made in modern times, and perhaps they are, BUT; My question is, where is the conclusive proof for this? That the skulls would be "impossible" to make in ancient times and that research made on the skulls have shown that they were made with modern technology?

If that indeed is the only argument for the skulls being fake- that they are "too modern"- then that argument is unvalid as conclusive, unless deeper research is made on the matter.

For instance, have the Hoax-proponents researched what any legends in the area says? If they speak about people arriving from the skies with superior "Magic"and technology and or similar?
Such information would be very important, and would be necessary to take into account.
edit on 17-11-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
These are either a hoax or just a carved bit of rock. To assign any other meaning to them is pure fantasy.

The entire idea of assigning mystical powers to crystals is so silly as to be completely juvenile. Mainly it's a trick so people can sell you common crystals that occur in nature for overinflated prices.

For instance I can buy flats of sized and graded natural quartz crystals from wholesalers for very little money, with shipping costing more than the crystals. These so called New Age shops who push this nonsense then mark them up by thousands of times in many cases and laugh at every customer who lays out the cash because they think these crystals have powers.

It's very much like Voodoo in that it only works on believers, because they have tricked themselves into thinking they have value. Or like Astrology which is yet another confidence game by Charlatans. Ten Astrologers will give you ten entirely different and vague Astrology reports and people actually buy into it. If it were true, all Astrologers would come up with the same report for the same person.

I've collected Mineral Specimens for over 40 years now and I watched this New Age scam progress over the years until even honest dealers started taking advantage of the silly crowd who make such easy targets.

These Skulls are mostly made by the original seller or somebody they hire to create them. Most are horribly made chunks of junk.

But then we have people here who think Fiction Movies are real, so nothing surprises me, not even people who think rocks have mystical powers.

People pretend it's beyond the abilities of people long ago to do sculpture. The Greeks and Romans had the same equipment available to them and I don't see anyone claiming they were mystical or the even more absurd notion that only Aliens could do it. Man has been shaping and polishing stone since the Stone Age. They had no trouble fashioning much harder to work with Emeralds or Rubies, so why anyone would think poorly done skulls would be impossible for anyone in any Age is beyond reason.

There is surely a scam involved with any new Crystal Skull that pops up. Just another confidence person running a scam.
edit on 11/17/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Another crystal skull? So what?

I'm not trying to troll those who attach importance or spiritual significance to these objects, but they've been identified as turn of the century hoaxes created in Germany iirc using modern machinery. The Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is one of them.

Despite Coppens' leading narrative, it's eminently possible to create a jaw from crystal using modern craftsmanship. Funnily enough, there's an international jewellers trade in carving crystal. It's ridiculous to think that crystal can't be carved into any shape a customer or market requires.

Jane Walsh and many others have proven they are 'modern fabrications' by analysing the abrasion marks on the skulls. They've been identified as hoaxes for decades apart from a handful of miniature skulls that are very crudely formed...

If anyone who reads the article activates their 'critical thinking' sensor (BS detector), they'll notice the article is packed with irrelevant details to lend the suggestion of scientific credibility. If we delete the extraneous, leading BS commentary and text, we're left with the bare bones of the article...

1, A fisherman who collects crystal objects ('the crystal surfer') has bought a crystal skull from a shop in Carmel, Cali.

2, The skull has no history (provenance).

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
man.... thats one lucky crystal collector... here is some additional info on crystal skulls.

2012 and the crystal skulls

The 13 Crystal Skulls Brought Together on 10/10/10

The Crystal Skulls - Finally, Their True Purpose Revelaed? Kiesha Crowther tells

Reason I put this information is to further assist the OP. The Crystal skulls has always been something of a controversy here on ATS... and you have to connect a lot of dots in order to get a good picture about the lore of the crystal skulls.

hope this helps

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Crystals are bio computer chips and when entrained in the correct frequencies you can store / retrieve data from these skulls. Crystals do have a life force and that life force can contain those memories for a loooooooooong time. Cool article - haven't heard about the severed jaw skull until now.

Demonstrate it in a controlled environment and while you do that demonstrate all the claimed abilities of each type of crystal they sell in New Age Shops. Crystal are cool to look at the show to people, but beyond their beauty and novelty, the rest of that stuff is pure baloney.

I do have some pieces of high content Gallium Ore though that will heal sores. Of course the explanation is mundane. It quite simply dries out the wound, causing it to heal faster. No mystery and yet the guy I picked it up from was a Native American Shaman who was in fact a common scam artist. Funny guy too, he would laugh at his customers who he charged a hundred times the specimens value too for their so called healing powers. He never told them to go to the local Pharmacy and get something that would work better for a couple of dollars.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
The Crystal skulls has always been something of a controversy here on ATS... and you have to connect a lot of dots in order to get a good picture about the lore of the crystal skulls.

Why would they not be controversial on a site that attempts to expose hoaxes, scams and conspiracies instead of promoting them.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
so what happened on 10/10/10? I'm guessing nothing, we're still here...lol

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You can buy your own mysterious crystal skull here.

Start recording your very own biofrequencies and life force memories.

Seriously, though... some cool carvings. Something special about carved natural crystal as opposed to cast leaded glass.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Demonstrate it in a controlled environment and while you do that demonstrate all the claimed abilities of each type of crystal they sell in New Age Shops. Crystal are cool to look at the show to people, but beyond their beauty and novelty, the rest of that stuff is pure baloney.

I do have some pieces of high content Gallium Ore though that will heal sores. Of course the explanation is mundane. It quite simply dries out the wound, causing it to heal faster. No mystery and yet the guy I picked it up from was a Native American Shaman who was in fact a common scam artist. Funny guy too, he would laugh at his customers who he charged a hundred times the specimens value too for their so called healing powers. He never told them to go to the local Pharmacy and get something that would work better for a couple of dollars.

So are you saying that crystal/quartz cannot hold data?

If so, you are sadly mistaken. lol

It is a proven, scientific fact.

Deny ignorance..
or embrace it as you do..
whichever works for ya.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

So are you saying that crystal/quartz cannot hold data?

If so, you are sadly mistaken. lol

It is a proven, scientific fact.

Deny ignorance..
or embrace it as you do..
whichever works for ya.

It's just a tad more complex than whittling a supercomputer out of a rock.

I've got a lump of hematite at home... polished hunk of naturally occurring iron. Iron can store a magnetic charge, and magnetism can be used as non-volatile data memory... but that doesn't make my rock a hard drive.
edit on 17-11-2010 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Guess what we use in our everyday computer chips? Quartz crystals.

Some of the "alleged" secret super computers used crystals and a light source (don't know if laser..or what type) in order to attain a theoretical unlimited processing power.

I have read over the years about frequency activated crystal for information storing.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

he is right

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

To ridicule something you do not understand is you ridiculing yourself

-Ween

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
********************************************************************************************************

Has anybody ever actually found someone who can explain exactly HOW you would extract data from this? Complete Bullshi*. It makes no sense. If I were to create a device that could interpret the frequency of the skull, HOW EXACTLY would I be able to print this information?

- We have NO idea what file format it is in ( .PNG or .JPEG??:lol

- For...what? Over 30+ years and we still can't 'tap' into this so called energy?

If you ask me, 500 years from now, a species will pick up one of our ornaments, like a christmas tree glass ball, and attribute some 'spiritual' identity to it. COMPLETE BS.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I'm tired of you guys jumping on thi guy. HE NEVER SAYS QUARTZ CANNOT STORE INFORMATION!
he just states the 100% fact that a computer hard drive is not a quartz crystals. I swear! IDIOTS. And you say deny ignorance !
eesh! Common sense can tell you, that if you have a pure quartz crystal skull, it is not automatically "Plug-n'Play" material. And the Crystal skulls are just mere trinkets.
Now, if they were soo spiritual, Why didnt they make em out of Diamond?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I love to think the skulls are a complex mystery, and maybe they are but has anyone here read Mitchell-Hedges autobiography 'Danger my Ally?' Its a great read, very entertaining and he makes Indiana Jones look boring (Lucas and Speilberg have obviously read it, Jones is totally based on him). But...I would not believe much of what is written in the book. He comes across as a self-promoting adventurer who embelished his tales to make himself seem more daring/dashing. If i am wrong and it is all true then this guy had a hell of a life!

Because of that I take the skull story with a pinch of salt.

<<   2 >>

join