It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I actually agree with the action banning this drink combo., because it's dumb, and dangerous. If you want to mix the two elements yourself, then fine, but selling it en masse as a specific label is beyond idiotic.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
29 pages.

Hehehehehehe.

I think they should BAN all substances. Because if you think about it, even oxygen could be used for nefarious reasons. I think we should institute an oxygen bureau, that way we could eliminate the possibility of oxygen problems!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is ridiculous! It's not a danger unless you drink a lot of beers, its called alcohol poisoning. 4Loco is 12% alcohol one or two will give you a buzz like drinking 4 beers. Those college kids were just stupid. Of course they had problems after drinking a whole case of it! Typical, I'm so glad that I HAVE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT telling me what I can and can't drink. Drinking is dangerous that's why you do it in moderation. I'm really tired of this BS! I think they should legalize everything and tax it. Drug addicts die it's called culling the herd. Which means your too stupid to survive. They make the choice so they should live with it. It's called personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They already banned these drinks in a college campus near where I live and I know that the drink referenced in the article was crazy popular there and at the school I go to.

LVC bans energy drinks and alcohol

Lebanon Valley College has banned alcoholic energy drinks after a visitor got sick drinking from drinking Four Loko on campus.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

The FDA beat you to it. O3 (ozone) is not allowed to be issued as a cure for cancer even though it instantly provokes apoptosis and can kill most cancers with minimal effects on your body -- it's natural and the FDA cannot patent it. Instead the FDA offers radiation and medication that has thousands of side effects to make them dependent on drugs more drugs for more symptoms...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

You have to be INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no cure or anything that can be done in response to you assertions except to arrest you. That would be the best thing in all regards.

If anyone attempts to subvert any approved procedures, they should be shot on site!

Sarcasm of course.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Got up to page 26 so sorry if this has been mentioned, but mnemeth1 you have repeatably stated that this is an action against minorities, but whenever you get asked to explain you ignore the question or just repeat that it's racist. Could you back this up with some sources?

EDIT - Just want to add, on page 5 of your posts in this thread you seem to change from this being about minorities to this being about poor people and small business, what made you change your mind?
edit on 1-12-2010 by aivlas because: edit added

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I actually agree with the action banning this drink combo., because it's dumb, and dangerous. If you want to mix the two elements yourself, then fine, but selling it en masse as a specific label is beyond idiotic.

Utilizing the use of force against a producer of a beverage (in which all chemicals are legal) because the drinking of that beverage is stupid..... is stupid.

By this logic, anything that can harm oneself is an act of stupidity and acts of stupidity need to be banned.

I guess driving faster than 35 miles per hour should be banned too. Maybe driving altogether. Also, we need to ban cigarettes because they are dangerous too (and I thought they were soooo healthy).

In fact, to make sure we are all safe, we need to ban leaving the house. Its dangerous outside, and you would be stupid to go out there and stupid things need to be banned.

The real stupidity about this action by the FDA is that both Sparks and Tilt are not mentioned at all. I wonder.... are these owned by MillerCoors and Inbev?

If you answered no, you are stupid and should be banned.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
The real stupidity about this action by the FDA is that both Sparks and Tilt are not mentioned at all. I wonder.... are these owned by MillerCoors and Inbev?

If you answered no, you are stupid and should be banned.

This might have something to do with that, is from 2008

MillerCoors LLC agreed to stop producing and selling caffeinated-alcoholic drinks, under a settlement with more than a dozen state attorneys general. The beer giant had come under fire from the states as well as several consumer-advocacy groups, for allegedly marketing its top-selling Sparks brand so that it appealed to underage consumers. Critics also complained that the drinks raised potential health risks by masking feelings of drunkenness. "Attorneys general from around the country are gravely concerned about premixed alcoholic energy drinks," Maine Attorney General Steve Rowe said in prepared remarks. "They're popular with ...

Source = online.wsj.com...

edit on 1-12-2010 by aivlas because: Format

edit on 1-12-2010 by aivlas because: ,

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTOWarrior
I actually think this is a good idea. Young people cannot discern or control drinking habits as much as an experienced drinker. Therefore, because of the risk of mixing alcohol and caffeine and the effects it has on the body physically, it is in the best interests of the general public. No different than adding coc aine to beer. It is a dangerous combo, and can cause heart problems, and caffeine overdose. As for adding it to other foods, I am not sure of the reason of banning that.

Yeah, its a great idea to protect adults from themselves. The end justifies the means and a slowly constricting prison is of no concern.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Good catch. I did not know that.

My bad.

After some reading though, it is interesting that this was accomplished by a private watchdog group and not the Feds.

I also think it is interesting that they admit that it "masks feelings of drunkeness". I know that to be utterly false.

Breakdown
Being drunk, a feeling one gets when alcohol is consumed, is itself a feeling. If caffiene masks this feeling, then the being drunk itself is called into question. This almost seems to imply that if your BAC is .13 but you just downed 8 expressos, the feelings of being drunk(a feeling itself) are gone, thus, you are nit drunk.

This is biologically impossible. The word usage that they employ is in question.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A few years ago over here in the UK alcho pops were getting slammed on, because the marketing was basically aimed at children and I think the driving force behind that were these private groups(Don't hold me to that it was awhile ago). As for the supposed effects, I have no idea never tried them, tend to stick with the homemade cocktails, so much better, but I do know the party boards were lit up with discussion on these energy drinks for awhile, should still be able to find the threads.
edit on 1-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Interesting.

Thanks OP!

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join