It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FDA Bans Caffeine In Alcoholic Beverages?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The totalitarian criminals you call the federal government have decided that a naturally occuring chemical called caffeine, often found in such products as coffee, is to be banned.

Apparently some enterprising entrepreneurs had taken it upon themselves to add this dangerous chemical to alcoholic drinks. Of course, in the FDA’s opinion, consuming a known toxin such as alcohol is perfectly fine, as long as you do so without adding caffeine to it.

Heaven forbid someone drinks an Irish Coffee or a Vodka Redbull, their hair might catch on fire or their eye sockets might explode.

ABC News reports:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will effectively ban the sale of beverages that combine caffeine and alcohol, including Four Loko and Joose, by ruling that caffeine is an unsafe food additive, according to Senator Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.).

In a press release, the Senator also announced that the Federal Trade Commission will notify manufacturers that they’re potentially marketing the products illegally.

The actual reason behind the ban has nothing to do with "consumer safety" - and everything to do with keeping alcohol production cartelized.

The competition such products might create among vendors is a sin in our fascist economy.

Given that the FDA has found caffeine to be an unsafe food additive, you can look for its removal from Mt. Dew and Coke soon.

edit on 16-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

Edit: Title.
edit on 16-11-2010 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They're proposing banning caffeine/alcohol beverages and not caffeine itself.

You might want to reword your post title.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

The whole ban of certain beverages was because alcohol is a depressant and caffeine is a stimulant... The mix is dangerous. I don't think anyone sees caffeine as dangerous in itself.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What? no more Spanish coffee?

Oh wait - it's alcoholic energy drinks...

So, what's the difference between them, then?
edit on 16-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
They're proposing banning caffeine/alcohol beverages and not caffeine itself.

You might want to reword your post title.

No, they are declaring it an unsafe food additive.

Hence, they are banning its use in the free market.

Producers can not freely chose how to employ it in their products.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So what happens to all of the trendy Red Bull drinks at clubs? Will they come kicking in my door if I put a little Kahlua in my coffee on a snowy afternoon?

Unless they plan on enforcing this all the way, with home searches, arrests, bar raids, armed FDA troops, etc... I see absolutely no point at all.

But then the "point" is just to make it appear as though they are doing something beneficial for the idiots out there.

God bless the idiots and the mighty power they wield over the non-idiots. All hail our idiot overlords.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So what happens to all of the trendy Red Bull drinks at clubs? Will they come kicking in my door if I put a little Kahlua in my coffee on a snowy afternoon?

Unless they plan on enforcing this all the way, with home searches, arrests, bar raids, armed FDA troops, etc... I see absolutely no point at all.

But then the "point" is just to make it appear as though they are doing something beneficial for the idiots out there.

God bless the idiots and the mighty power they wield over the non-idiots. All hail our idiot overlords.

Dude I'm getting a job at the FDA's criminal enforcement division.

This way I can run around and stomp on people's faces who produce alcohol/caffeine cocktails at parties.

It will be glorious.

All will fear me.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I actually think this is a good idea. Young people cannot discern or control drinking habits as much as an experienced drinker. Therefore, because of the risk of mixing alcohol and caffeine and the effects it has on the body physically, it is in the best interests of the general public. No different than adding coc aine to beer. It is a dangerous combo, and can cause heart problems, and caffeine overdose. As for adding it to other foods, I am not sure of the reason of banning that.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Will they come kicking in my door if I put a little Kahlua in my coffee on a snowy afternoon?

I think the point is that they want another reason to arrest an innocent person and increase their criminal population.
So when it comes time to gather up the "reds and blues", anybody, anybody with a "criminal background" will be taken away.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GTOWarrior

Oh by the way, since I doubt anyone is holding your mouth open and forcing Joose down your throat, I don't see how someone consuming a vodka-redbull impacts your life in anyway what-so-ever.

The beautiful thing about freedom is that people get to pick and chose the products they consume.

If you don't like it, don't drink it.

If you do like it, it is more convenient to have the product pre-packaged than to mix it yourself.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So 18 year old Johnny can't get a hold of a pre-mixed ghetto bolt malt and the world is a better place.

He just goes back to the good 'ol days of getting his red bull and his cheap plastic jug vodka separately.

Oh wait, Johnny isnt even 21, so I guess none of this is even happening, right?

Idiots. Why for the love of god are there so many idiots? I cant even make cute jokes and snide comments anymore. I'm too pissed off at idiots to manage wit. Being a slave to morons is long past being "old."

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So 18 year old Johnny can't get a hold of a pre-mixed ghetto bolt malt and the world is a better place.

He just goes back to the good 'ol days of getting his red bull and his cheap plastic jug vodka separately.

Oh wait, Johnny isnt even 21, so I guess none of this is even happening, right?

Idiots. Why for the love of god are there so many idiots? I cant even make cute jokes and snide comments anymore. I'm too pissed off at idiots to manage wit. Being a slave to morons is long past being "old."

The only way for us to be safe as a nation is for all American's to be locked up in a prison camp naked (individual cells lined with foam rubber padding of course).

This way no one will ever get hurt or drink too much Joose.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The totalitarian criminals you call the federal government have decided that a naturally occuring chemical called caffeine, often found in such products as coffee, is to be banned.

Apparently some enterprising entrepreneurs had taken it upon themselves to add this dangerous chemical to alcoholic drinks. Of course, in the FDA’s opinion, consuming a known toxin such as alcohol is perfectly fine, as long as you do so without adding caffeine to it.

Heaven forbid someone drinks an Irish Coffee or a Vodka Redbull, their hair might catch on fire or their eye sockets might explode.

ABC News reports:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will effectively ban the sale of beverages that combine caffeine and alcohol, including Four Loko and Joose, by ruling that caffeine is an unsafe food additive, according to Senator Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.).

In a press release, the Senator also announced that the Federal Trade Commission will notify manufacturers that they’re potentially marketing the products illegally.

The actual reason behind the ban has nothing to do with "consumer safety" - and everything to do with keeping alcohol production cartelized.

The competition such products might create among vendors is a sin in our fascist economy.

The title of the thread is incorrect. The FDA has NOT banned caffeine.
You should change the title of your thread to ACCURATELY convey what's really going on.
Several people have died from these extreme drinks and others have been hospitalized. The law targets the extreme drinks with high alcohol content and high caffeine content. Don't mislead people please !!!!!! And keep in mind it's a temporary ban until they can be investigated for safety by the FDA.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It is funny,... this FDA thing,.
They pic and choose what they say not good for us,.
But not really looking out for our overall health in general.
Hamburgers that dont rot
High fructose corn syrup
Aspartame or nutrasweet
Sodium Nitrates and nitrites
Monosodiumglutamate
Tobacco companies
Flouride in drinking water
endless amounts of drug company products
ect,ect,ect.

All that stuff has some serious long term adverse health affects
and now they are worried about caffeine?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No, the title is 100% accurate.

The article even uses the word "BAN" specifically as it relates to caffeinated products.

Caffeine is a unsafe food additive - didn't you know?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Given that the FDA has found caffeine to be an unsafe food additive, you can look for its removal from Mt. Dew and Coke soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by mnemeth1

I thought that the whole ban of certain beverages was because alcohol is a depressant and caffeine is a stimulant... The mix is dangerous. I don't think anyone sees caffeine as dangerous in itself.

Yes this is the reason, and anyone with a lick of common sense should be totally for this. Mixing stimulants with depressants is retarded. Most people are obviously too foolish to do what's best for them. The fact that people can't see what dangerous combinations do like this to individuals, their families, and their communities shows a horrid near sightedness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by jfj123

Caffeine is a unsafe food additive - didn't you know?

Yes. When mixed with a depressant like alcohol, it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

its the Water.
seriously
and in the school, and in the TV, and in The Air and in the frankin food, farma, and friends...
you know?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join