It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Star - Maitreya - UFO Video & Photos

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

The moon rises from east to west here in the UK, the OP is further north than me and stated the object was to the right of the moon so it must be in the west, as we and the moon rotate, this object will eventually be in the east to us and appear lower to the horizon as i understand. Please correct me OP if im getting this wrong.

I think we're on the right tracks now and the possibility of it being AMSAT OSCAR 40 is looking more probable.
edit on 16/11/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

The moon rises from east to west here in the UK, the OP is further north than me and stated the object was to the right of the moon so it must be in the west, as we and the moon rotate, this object will eventually be in the east to us and appear lower to the horizon as i understand. Please correct me OP if im getting this wrong.

I think we're on the right tracks now and the possibility of it being AMSAT OSCAR 40 is looking more probable.

If I face north the object is on my right hand side which is east. I'm getting confused now, it's after 4am and i need to get the kids up for school at 7am!

Incidentally, my 4 year old daughter when she first seen it said she was scared of it because there were bad aliens inside it. She still says that
Please don't read into this that i'm suggesting my daughter is right, i just found it funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We'll get back to this tomorrow, maybe someone will take a look at this thread and be able to help out. Kids have the best imaginations

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by solipsism

There is no such thing as Maitreya, you may as well believe in the Tooth Fairy. The object you are seeing in the sky are satellites flashing three different colors for some unknown reason to us civilians.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solipsism

If I face north the object is on my right hand side which is east. I'm getting confused now, it's after 4am and i need to get the kids up for school at 7am!

Incidentally, my 4 year old daughter when she first seen it said she was scared of it because there were bad aliens inside it. She still says that
Please don't read into this that i'm suggesting my daughter is right, i just found it funny.

has she been right about weird stuff like that before (lol nervously)

I kept dreaming about a blue star 2 nights ago....no aliens though

Ive seen this flashing entity over the last year and not any time in my life before that.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm sorry but this video has no evidence of any extraterrestrial beings. The first part was just ridiculous to say it was any evidence. The second part, there was no source point to know if the object was actually moving or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

I'm sorry but this video has no evidence of any extraterrestrial beings. The first part was just ridiculous to say it was any evidence. The second part, there was no source point to know if the object was actually moving or not.

LOL nowhere did I say it was evidence of extra-terrestial beings. I'm sorry the video doesn't meet you high standards, I do apologise.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbamoo

Ive seen this flashing entity over the last year and not any time in my life before that.

Haha no not that I know of! Have you heard of the Hopi Blue Star Prophecy. Some people will tell you that the Blue Kachina (hopi star) is Sirius, however the prophecy tells of a Blue Star appearing that signals the end of the age. Or something to that effect. As sirius is visible for a good portion of the year, many people have surmised that it's not in fact Sirius but something else the prophecy is about. Westerners with dogmatic minds have assumed it was Sirius. Though as I pointed out, I don't see why Sirius would signal the end of the age when it's regularly visible. The Hopi are already preparing for what they believe will be the end of the age at this minute.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by helix1776dragon

There is no such thing as Maitreya, you may as well believe in the Tooth Fairy. The object you are seeing in the sky are satellites flashing three different colors for some unknown reason to us civilians.

I didn't say I believed in Maitreya as a physical being, or even as a returning star. I made clear it could be a number of things, though personally I'm keeping an open mind. However your denial of Maitreya's existence and re-appearance will upset the millions of buddhists who believe that maitreya is their saviour the 5th buddha. So rather than saying it's comparable with the tooth fairy, it's actually more comparable with a belief in Jesus or God for that matter. So unless you are an ardent atheist with no spirituality, you're actually making a mockery of any religious or spiritual beliefs you may have of your own.

So you know this is a satellite for sure, but you don't know why it's flashing 3 different colours? Can you offer me proof it's a satellite?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hey, great post. I was also wondering what that star or thing is. I have seen it too and have wondered for the past few weeks what kind of star could change colors and "move." It is really bright and it definitely catches your attention. It's almost like its trying to communicate. I thought it was an airplane at first because it was blinking and changing color so much, but then two commercial airlines flew by, providing the much need comparison -- and no, it wasn't an airplane. It just remained there in a fixed but loose position. I don't know if it has always been there but I think it strange that I have just noticed it. Ill keep looking up at the night sky and see if it gets any flashier. For everyone else who doubts, just look up too! You can't miss it.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I have seen this for over 21 years now. It is not something new, and yes in cloudy nights it is the only "stellar object" visible in the sky apart from the Moon. It is not any of the planets, and I know this because I have looked at the planets through my telescope. Also none of the planets shine in different colors.

It is also true that it changes colors from blue, to red, to yellow and even green. However I have never seen it move strangely.

Not sure of what it is but I know it must be some stellar object, maybe a close nebula although nebulas are so far that they can't be seen with the naked eye.

I have seen it all over the U.S., and it is neither new, nor does it move any different than stars do. There are in total about four of them, but one is the biggest one, and there are times it gets really big and those are the times that you can see it even in partly cloudy nights and it's the only object that can be seen, apart from the Moon.

When trying to look at it through a telescope it looks blurry, and I can see every planet just fine with my telescope. Well every planet that can be seen with the naked eye and I can even see several moons of Jupiter, as well as Mars, and Venus

I use a 6 inch refractor telescope with a 50mm eyepiece, althought I have several of course, but when trying to look at this I can't focus right on it.

IMO it is some stellar object, although I am not sure of which type of stellar object it is.

BTW, one of the things I have noticed throughout the years is that they shine more brightly in December than any other month, and the biggest one almost looks like it is a lot closer to Earth during this time.
edit on 17-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

hi....all planets will look fine through a telescope....to set a scope up you must look at a star through it, then do the collimation adjustments,if it is not set up properly it will look blurry.....im from the uk,and have not seen anything strange in the skys...and im a avid skywatcher......if it was there, i would of noticed it,and im sure others would also...if everyone had stellarium i think it would solve most of these posts......

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I have seen this for over 21 years now. It is not something new, and yes in cloudy nights it is the only "stellar object" visible in the sky apart from the Moon. It is not any of the planets, and I know this because I have looked at the planets through my telescope. Also none of the planets shine in different colors.

It is also true that it changes colors from blue, to red, to yellow and even green. However I have never seen it move strangely.

Not sure of what it is but I know it must be some stellar object, maybe a close nebula although nebulas are so far that they can't be seen with the naked eye.

I have seen it all over the U.S., and it is neither new, nor does it move any different than stars do. There are in total about four of them, but one is the biggest one, and there are times it gets really big and those are the times that you can see it even in partly cloudy nights and it's the only object that can be seen, apart from the Moon.

When trying to look at it through a telescope it looks blurry, and I can see every planet just fine with my telescope. Well every planet that can be seen with the naked eye and I can even see several moons of Jupiter, as well as Mars, and Venus

I use a 6 inch refractor telescope with a 50mm eyepiece, althought I have several of course, but when trying to look at this I can't focus right on it.

IMO it is some stellar object, although I am not sure of which type of stellar object it is.

BTW, one of the things I have noticed throughout the years is that they shine more brightly in December than any other month, and the biggest one almost looks like it is a lot closer to Earth during this time.
edit on 17-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

you should look at the Share International Website. They claim the 4 stars are actually 4 giant ufos. I believe what you're talking about and what I'm talking about is the same thing perhaps. Although I do maintain that it behaves differently from a star because it stays in the same location, changes colour and shape and from what i've witnessed with my own eyes and there are other testimonies from mainland europe saying the same thing...it sometimes moves like a fish swimming slowly....I don't mean it becomes fish-shaped, just that it slowly moves in the motion a fish would through water.
edit on 17-11-2010 by solipsism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Whoever PistolC is on youtube, please don't leave comments on videos inferring that I'm now saying that it's a satellite. For the record I personally do not believe that it is the satellite that's been mentioned because I've only started seeing this in the past year, depsite years of skywatching and this satellite in question failed in 2000 and has been in orbit ever since. Therefore there is no reason to suggest why it should only become visible in the past year or so.

I did say that a satellite was a more plausible explanation than one of the regular planetary bodies, but there's a huge difference between that and saying it's actually a satellite.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice and read this thread before commenting.

I also know for a fact that my friend was using a tripod while filming that video, he always uses one.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbamoo

Haha no not that I know of! Have you heard of the Hopi Blue Star Prophecy. Some people will tell you that the Blue Kachina (hopi star) is Sirius, however the prophecy tells of a Blue Star appearing that signals the end of the age. Or something to that effect. As sirius is visible for a good portion of the year, many people have surmised that it's not in fact Sirius but something else the prophecy is about. Westerners with dogmatic minds have assumed it was Sirius. Though as I pointed out, I don't see why Sirius would signal the end of the age when it's regularly visible. The Hopi are already preparing for what they believe will be the end of the age at this minute.

sure is interesting. Yea i was reading up on that earlier....lots of great videos on youtube of the same entity....you can find them all and check the dates and see the timeline.

wish i didnt live on the coast.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
To the OP ( note i haven't had time to read the whole thread )
I live in Glasgow and on Monday morning 14th Nov on my way to work 06:00 i noticed a larger than normal and brighter than normal object in the sky. I was watching it all the way as i drove in to work and was actually going to start a thread on it until i had to deal with an incident in work. I think we may have been looking at the same thing. As im in work at the moment im unable to see your video on this computer. This object was in the South Western sky and it's the first time i've noticed it before or since. It was a dark clear frosty morning. Hope to see your vids and pics when i get home

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by robert11s
To the OP ( note i haven't had time to read the whole thread )
I live in Glasgow and on Monday morning 14th Nov on my way to work 06:00 i noticed a larger than normal and brighter than normal object in the sky. I was watching it all the way as i drove in to work and was actually going to start a thread on it until i had to deal with an incident in work. I think we may have been looking at the same thing. As im in work at the moment im unable to see your video on this computer. This object was in the South Western sky and it's the first time i've noticed it before or since. It was a dark clear frosty morning. Hope to see your vids and pics when i get home

Yes it quite possibly has been the same object, in fact i'm pretty sure it must have been as it was clearly the most luminous and largest body there. I probably have my bearings wrong, but I would put it in the south eastern sky, though I don't have a compass to check. I'm basically judging it by where I see the sun come up from and it's south of where the sun comes up, but on the same horizon if you know what i mean.

I only have video and photos of it in the evening, i didn't get any at 6am unfortunately. I was taking the dog for her morning walk
Though i'm going to try and get them at the first opportunity.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by strawsofmen
Hey, great post. I was also wondering what that star or thing is. I have seen it too and have wondered for the past few weeks what kind of star could change colors and "move." It is really bright and it definitely catches your attention. It's almost like its trying to communicate. I thought it was an airplane at first because it was blinking and changing color so much, but then two commercial airlines flew by, providing the much need comparison -- and no, it wasn't an airplane. It just remained there in a fixed but loose position. I don't know if it has always been there but I think it strange that I have just noticed it. Ill keep looking up at the night sky and see if it gets any flashier. For everyone else who doubts, just look up too! You can't miss it.

Yeah this definitely sounds like the same thing. One of the first times I seen it I also managed to reference it against a plane and the difference was abundantly clear.

I genuinely believe that I haven't seen this thing before about a year ago. Though other people have been seeing and documenting it since january 2009.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My apologies you are correct it was in the South East. I used my iphone compass at the time as i mentioned i was going to start a thread about it as i got a bit excited when i saw it and then later that day NASA were going to make a big annoncement
. I was creaming myself
. I started my journey in the south of glasgow (Barrhead ) and came to work in Cathcart if you know the areas

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

hi....all planets will look fine through a telescope....to set a scope up you must look at a star through it, then do the collimation adjustments,if it is not set up properly it will look blurry.....im from the uk,and have not seen anything strange in the skys...and im a avid skywatcher......if it was there, i would of noticed it,and im sure others would also...if everyone had stellarium i think it would solve most of these posts......

Stellarium won't show an object that's not been documented before and therefore it's useless for defining what this is.

Lots of people have noticed it, 1000s and 1000s worldwide and that's me being ultra-conservative in my estimate. I can't explain why you can't see it
I've watched the skies every night when possible since i was a kid, so you're talking the best part of 30 years, probably 15 more intensively. I spend hours every single night available looking at the sky and that's why it was glaringly obvious to me that this was something I personally hadn't experienced before.

I have no explanation as to why many people say they can't see it, other than they either don't want to see it or simply can't for whatever reason. Myself, my wife and 4 kids have no problem seeing it, neither do my friends from various parts of the UK. So i find it surprising when people say they can't see it and even more surprising when they claim it's jupiter, venus etc when it's patently not

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join