It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Star - Maitreya - UFO Video & Photos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Come on guys these threads are getting ridiculous. Downloading Stellarium should be mandatory before registering on ats.

Agreed. Stellarium would answer everyones questions right away. Just plug in your location and voila!

If you can tell me what constellation it is near by this evening, that would be great. I'll be spending most of the night doing some astrophotography of the Leonids meteor shower....and can photograph that area of space for you.

Jupiter has been pretty prominent in the sky lately...to the point where I can use a plain old DSLR camera to get a shot of it and one of its moons.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So I agree stars can be spotted via their predicability, but maybe you can explain to me why an obviously new celestial body can appear in January 2009 and stay in a static position for almost 2 years?
reply to post by solipsism

It is possible what you are seeing is a geo-synchronous satellite placed into orbit in Jan. 2009. They will reflect sunlight like orbiting birds do, but stay in the same place in the sky because their orbit matches to rotation of the earth, with adjustments made here and there.

Could be a Chinese spy bird, or a top secret military counter surveillance sat...or just your local Direct TV provider. If you can't locate it, it's probably not meant to be found...but there's lots up there.

ETA: Here is a list of geo sync birds on a quick google search. Of particular interest, Hotbird 9 and
Eutelsat W2M, both launched 20 Dec. 2008. I'm sure more searching could easily locate where they are in the sky. Remember, this list (and probably no other list found on the net) does not include all birds up there. I'm sure there are more than a few that won't show up on anyone's list.
Geosync bird list

edit on 16-11-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: to add bird list

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

There is a simple way of solveing your puzzle

set up a camera to record the skies at night like so:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This whole Maitreya thing is getting way out of hand. There is no Maitreya star. How many amateur astronomers would come out with this and see, "Look at the star I found!" It's actually not a star but a satellite. Same place, each night for over a year. How do I know? Because there's one by me as well, so I looked into it. What you're seeing is a satellite for "secure" conversations and things of that nature. It may not be that exact satellite, but a satellite none the less.

Coincidence that the "star" phenomena started around the same time some high level satellites went into space. So, Maitreya takes the credit for it. He'll also take the credit for the Garabandal "God Warning" that is coming up, just so you know. Don't believe in Maitreya. Believe in yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

OMG! I'm totally freaking out, I've seen this EXACT same thing on numerous occasions!! but........oh yeah......... that's because it's a planet that is not exhibiting ANY unusual characteristics and is easy to see on any clear night. Never mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
Take a look at any of the brighter stars in the night sky. Keep your eyes on it for a few minutes and it starts to move. Every night I'm looking in the sky and every night I see this so-called "movement"of stars. It's another thing that people tend to see what they want to see. The reason for the optical illusion of the stars moving is usually caused by their flickering and the way the eyes perceive light.

This is a complete waste of time and internet space imo. NASA might be well-known liars, but as someone already pointed out - there are thousands of astronomers in the world and to think that no one has seen this yet and you are much smarter and your eyes are better of the most part of the world is a ego issue I think. This IS Jupiter as it appeared in our night sky not so long ago and will soon start dimming out. Jus'mah'2c

p.s. "nice" way of advertising your music

edit on 16-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

if you see a real moving star (UFO) you know for sure what you see
and anybody with you know for sure what they see
its moving, its moving fast and changing directions moving past other stars
your argurment is somewhat right but not to the point that moving "stars" ie ufo's dont exist

edit on 16-11-2010 by skywatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I've been waiting for this thread. I've seen this. I usually don't comment on star, UFO, etc. threads much because I really don't know much about it. I started noticing it 3 days ago, the colors are what makes it different for me and the reason I knew it was different. The first time I saw it, I almost ran off the road looking at it. It is different from other stars. As soon as I got home, I came to ATS to see if anyone else was reporting it but no one was that night, so I just forgot about until the next night when I noticed it again. I'm glad you started this thread, like I said, I've been waiting for it. Don't know what this thing is but it is different.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Take a look at any of the brighter stars in the night sky. Keep your eyes on it for a few minutes and it starts to move. Every night I'm looking in the sky and every night I see this so-called "movement"of stars. It's another thing that people tend to see what they want to see. The reason for the optical illusion of the stars moving is usually caused by their flickering and the way the eyes perceive light.

This is a complete waste of time and internet space imo. NASA might be well-known liars, but as someone already pointed out - there are thousands of astronomers in the world and to think that no one has seen this yet and you are much smarter and your eyes are better of the most part of the world is a ego issue I think. This IS Jupiter as it appeared in our night sky not so long ago and will soon start dimming out. Jus'mah'2c

p.s. "nice" way of advertising your music

There's a difference between the normal oscillation of a star and precise, unnatural movements. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm wasting internet space, I didn't know there was a limit to it these days
I neither think I am smarter, nor do I think I'm the only person that's seen it...see pics at the link below. This CAN'T be Jupiter as once again it's been in the same position since jan 09.

All these pics are of the same object, all been taken since January 2009 up until this point. are these Jupiter too? There's 100s more of these online.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Glasgow, Scotland huh..near the moon you say? Whattya know..big bright Jupiter right where you say it is. Still not convinced? Then where is Jupiter in the pictures/video? There should be 2 bright objects..Jupiter and your imaginary Maitreya star.

Come on guys these threads are getting ridiculous. Downloading Stellarium should be mandatory before registering on ats.

I have downloaded Stellarium....can you see the moon in the video also??? No you can't and that's bigger than Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Due to the fact that you can't tell the difference between the obect moving or changing size and the zoom of the camera and movement of the camera, neither video has much to offer. If you could get something stationary in the shot to compare to it would really help. It's great that you are taking the time to try to document. That's more than most are doing. Thanks for the effort and time.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's getting obvious that people are just going to say it's Jupiter....like they said it was Venus before it became impossible for it to be Venus. So I'm not making any more posts on it until Jupiter can't get the blame any longer. Someone suggested just above that Jupiter's brilliance should be waning soon. So I'm happy to wait until it's gone and then a new explanation will be needed

Regarding the possibility of followers of Maitreya mistaking a satellite, or better still claiming a satellite to be a star. Then the share international group have been talking about this "star's" emergence since 1975. So unless they came forward in time from 1975 and then retrospectively hijacked it i don't really know.

Incidentally I knew nothing of Maitreya when i started investigating it's appearance back in the spring of this year and was amazed to find not only the wealth of photographs of it already existing, but also the wealth of information about it's appearance. Surely so many people cannot be investing such time and money into something that is so obviously Jupiter?

All people so far on here who have ridiculed it have offered nothing to prove to me it's Jupiter, so can someone please do that with photographic evidence, photos from the nasa site etc etc. Surely it's unusual brilliance this year would attract global attention from the media??

Also if it is Jupiter then after watching the skies since I was a child I have NEVER seen Jupiter so bright or anything else except for the moon and the sun for that matter. i always seen Sirius as the next brightest object after the moon. Sirius in comparison to this is a mere speckle of light.

On a side note, the Share International group despite their "wacky" beliefs have offices in the United Nations and former international politicians such as Kofi Annan, Tony Blair and Boutrous Boutrous Ghali have all written for their magazine. That alone I find strange in the extreme. Bejamin Creme who has run Share International since 1975 has also given extensive talks to the UN about it's appearance. This is well documented online and anyone can find the information, both video, text and pictorial if they choose to look.

I'm not saying that because the UN entertain this guy's beliefs then it must be true, however I do think the UN would have the means at their disposal to determine whether it was Jupiter or not.

On a final side note, Share International is partly funded by the Rothschild Foundation.

P.S I wasn't using the video to advertise my music, the album in question that the song is from was released in 2008, so it's a bit late to start promoting it via ufo videos

So thanks for the input everyone, both negative and positive, thanks for the insults also! I still maintain 100% that this is NOT Jupiter and I've now offered some background information for people to look into themselves regarding the phenomenon from a range of sources with photos taken from all around the world at different times dating back to january 2009.

I don't really know much about the Share International group, but I'm going to one of their meetings on the 2nd of December to find out more. i would advise people to look into it more, including the negative cynics who seem to take pleasure in insulting people. I feel sorry for you, it's all bad energy and you'll pay for it one day

edit on 16-11-2010 by solipsism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme

Due to the fact that you can't tell the difference between the obect moving or changing size and the zoom of the camera and movement of the camera, neither video has much to offer. If you could get something stationary in the shot to compare to it would really help. It's great that you are taking the time to try to document. That's more than most are doing. Thanks for the effort and time.

If you look at 4.57 on the video, you will see a plane flying below it. The plane is flying in a straight line while the object is moving up and down and left to right. I feel though I don't need to offer anymore evidence, because people aren't going to believe it anyway
I'd prefer just to wait until it can't be Jupiter

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I see the plane jumping exactly the same way the star does.
That's because the camera is moving.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Debunkers are welcome but I've been watching this thing for almost a year now every night
Video link below.

First off, the photos you show are not helpful in any way. But I am suspecting your already know that.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this here. You have been watching something AMAZING that is visible to THOUSANDS of amateur astronomers that would love nothing more than finding something amazing like this....yet you are the only one that has the goo on this thing? How does that work, exactly?

He's not the only amateur astronomer to "have the goo on this thing". Like a user posted earlier, there have been quite a few threads posted which detail similar "craft" all over the world... but people don't believe them. Debunkers try but usually aren't able to successfully debunk them (and when I say successfully debunk, I mean proof beyond reasonable doubt).It always ends up with "Chinese lanterns", "helicopters", "some random planetary body", etc. These claims are never thoroughly backed up, just guessing games from debunkers who say they want to "believe in UFOs", yet they never show it. More evidence is on the side of the poster oft times than on the side of the debunker.

I just want to say that UFOs are probably real. I've seen one myself, but my friend's cell phone didn't get any decent video footage because it was so dark outside. Even so, this doesn't mean that aliens are real, but advanced UFO craft- I believe.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I see the plane jumping exactly the same way the star does.
That's because the camera is moving.

the plane moves a little bit and not in the same way the star does. I'm not saying the camera was perfectly still but i don't feel I have to prove anything anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Questions

How can you be sure that the pictures you posted on this page are actually the exact same object? Much less the hundreds you alluded to that exist on the net. I mean, it seems impossible that each and every one of these pictures from different people represent the exact same object...as there is no context or reference points in the photos to prove it so...or for that matter, that any of them are the same object you are seeing?

If you have eliminated Jupiter as a culprit, that's fine. Venus, too...good. What led you to eliminate satellites as a possibility? I noticed my post was summarily ignored.

It seems you are more interested in rebutting any and all explanations that contradict your belief in what you think this object might be. I suggest you re-examine what it is you are really looking for via this thread, truth or vindication?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skywatch

I have never said that UFOs don't exist, neither did I say that there aren't UFOs that have the brightness and appearance of stars but move rapidly. I have seen this twice already, one of the two sightings is quite interesting and complex and is on ATS for you to check. As I know what I saw, I am leaning towards believing we have been in contact with ETs, even if what we saw was military technology, I don't find it possible for people to have managed to reach so far without outside intervention.

However, I don't see the OP mentioning rapid movement (what he mentions is that the object looked like moving slightly). I see this particular sort of movement every night when looking at Jupiter. And as I'm a true believer, I'm getting a bit sick of all the reports of lanterns, planes, balloons, Jupiter, etc. People see what they want to see, I already said that... If you are interested in something that's a bit more constructive than speculating if what we see every and each night in the night sky as Jupiter is in fact a UFO, then feel free to check the thread I referred above.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

OP, I was a bit on the edge earlier, so excuse my attacking attitude. I know what you're talking about, I have seen it, I have thought about it the way you do, and my conclusion regarding the subject is that this is either Jupiter or one of the brighter stars in the night sky (the object the OP is describing). Taking in consideration the fact that it has been observed by you for months, it can't help but lead me to my conclusions again.

Just my 2 cents

Also regarding the strange star that Iamonlyhuman mentioned, from his details I think he's refering to Sirius and the strange recent change in the pattern of its flashing, the change I can't explain, however, I am inclined to being sure it's Sirius.

Well, if you want my opinion, apart from the silly balloon sightings, lately there have been some major increase in those guys appearing. Either this, or the military are on to something. I live in a small country, this subject is not something too common here, however, for the last three months I've been hearing from various people about unexplained sightings. So something's going on, IMO. So keep looking, but for something more conclusive for your own eyes. If Jupiter is enough, I won't judge
What's more important is that there are more people looking up in the sky, adopting the idea the ET guys are around, so we're living in some interesting times for sure!

Cheers!

edit on 16-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: add

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele

Questions

How can you be sure that the pictures you posted on this page are actually the exact same object? Much less the hundreds you alluded to that exist on the net. I mean, it seems impossible that each and every one of these pictures from different people represent the exact same object...as there is no context or reference points in the photos to prove it so...or for that matter, that any of them are the same object you are seeing?

If you have eliminated Jupiter as a culprit, that's fine. Venus, too...good. What led you to eliminate satellites as a possibility? I noticed my post was summarily ignored.

It seems you are more interested in rebutting any and all explanations that contradict your belief in what you think this object might be. I suggest you re-examine what it is you are really looking for via this thread, truth or vindication?

Hi,

I'm sorry if I ignored your post, it wasn't on purpose. I was trying to reply to as many posts as I could in one. I'll be honest and say that I don't know what it is, so I'm not looking for vindication and if someone can give me conclusive proof that it's a regular planetary body I will happily accept it and disappear with my tail between my legs

My problem with it being a satellite and i have considered this as an option deeply is that it seems extremely bright for a satellite and I've seen it appear and disappear with my own eyes, not via a camera lens or on youtube. I also do not see any other satellites like it and I have managed to identify 1 definite satellite and 2 possibilities. People may ask why they don't see this also, but i stare at this thing for hours every night depending on visibility and have done for months. So i've watched it for months from exactly the same position, perfectly framed by a small window in my computer room. I've spent hours watching it do nothing then all of a sudden it will get much bigger, change colour rapidly, move like a fish swimming slowly through water and then stop again. I've seen it change shape and colour simultaneously. I see it because I have been studying it, I'm quite sure if I only took a casual glance at it, I would say it's a regular planetary body as well, as you wouldn't expect it to be anything else. In fact it took me about 3 months from noticing it, to really start noticing it. It got to the point I had to look because it just became impossible to ignore.

I'm also not sure that a satellite would remain in the same position since January 2009 though I don't really know to be perfectly honest. I would be more than willing to accept it was a satellite if someone could prove it to me. I believe there' more chance of it being that than Jupiter.

I will rebutt any explanation given to me that I feel it is within my means to do so and I feel is worthy of a rebuttal. People have no problem rebutting me.

I can vouch for these photographs on this thread being the same object as they were taken from my back garden in August 2010.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regarding other photos online, well I have to either believe or not believe they are of the same object. Though I would question why so many people would take them and claim them to be the same thing before I even knew of it's existence.

So to round up, I really don't know what it is and although I have my suspicions, that's all they are. The reason I am so vehement in my defence of it not being a regular planetary body is because I've seen the same rebuttals time and again and they're generally without substance, evidence or merit. I have clearly asked on this thread a few times already for conclusive proof, surely there must be people here with the means at their disposal to put this issue to rest in a minute via photographic evidence if it is Jupiter. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people saying it's Jupiter were the very same people who were saying it was Venus 3 months ago and Sirius before that. It was only a few months ago people were scoffing at the idiots who were mistaking Venus for this strange star in the sky, they've fallen silent now as it became patently obvious it wasn't Venus.

Before that people were scoffing it was Sirius, then when Sirius and this object were both visible in the sky at the same time, they fell silent also.

I clearly stated on the intro to the video that people believed it was different things, including nothing at all. I never claimed it to be Maitreya or anything else, I even put a question mark after the title to indicate that it was unknown. People on here assumed that I fully believed it to be this although nowhere did i say that. The only thing I've said with any conviction is that it's something strange and out of the ordinary. Which I still maintain to be the case.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

OP, I was a bit on the edge earlier, so excuse my attacking attitude. I know what you're talking about, I have seen it, I have thought about it the way you do, and my conclusion regarding the subject is that this is either Jupiter or one of the brighter stars in the night sky (the object the OP is describing). Taking in consideration the fact that it has been observed by you for months, it can't help but lead me to my conclusions again.

Just my 2 cents

Also regarding the strange star that Iamonlyhuman mentioned, from his details I think he's refering to Sirius and the strange recent change in the pattern of its flashing, the change I can't explain, however, I am inclined to being sure it's Sirius.

Well, if you want my opinion, apart from the silly balloon sightings, lately there have been some major increase in those guys appearing. Either this, or the military are on to something. I live in a small country, this subject is not something too common here, however, for the last three months I've been hearing from various people about unexplained sightings. So something's going on, IMO. So keep looking, but for something more conclusive for your own eyes. If Jupiter is enough, I won't judge
What's more important is that there are more people looking up in the sky, adopting the idea the ET guys are around, so we're living in some interesting times for sure!

Cheers!

edit on 16-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: add

sirius is one of the easist stars to locate via it's position to orion's belt. I can see sirius and this object at the same time albeit they're in different parts of the sky. But it is not sirius, I can't vouch for sightings other people have made. But I know with 100% certainty that it's not what I'm looing at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join