It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

When Nuns who wear similar clothing to Muslims women are frisked I see no reason why anyone should be given special concession in screening. Everyone should be treated equally.

Edit: Nvm. just read the second page and found out this news was sensationalism from a conservative blog....it was only a recommendation.
edit on 16-11-2010 by I AM LEGION because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I would rather be frisked closely than scanned with potentially harmful radiation from that device.

If people don't like basic security for a airplane, than don't buy a ticket. You vote with your $. Call their customer service and leave a complaint, stating that you do not want to fly since they look at you odd and touch you in funny places. Haha.

But seriously I would take the most wild frisking of a lifetime over a dose of radiation from that scanner.

Oh yeah and if you don't search people, than devious people will start taking advantage of that. Kids bringing fireworks on board. And the occasional hijackings will start to resurface. Just saying, all kinds of bad stuff will happen if you take security down right now.

Now in a perfect world, where we did things rationally, we would have a correct social system where people are treated good, and in that case you wouldn't need security because there would be no threats. But we live in crazy land, where people do crazy things for crazy reasons.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dantas

The ones we are looking for are the MUSLIMS!! It's profiling yeah, so what.

You got it right man!. This plan has really backfired on Western Governments. The ones who it is targeted against escape it!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Honestly maybe there wouldn't be such a need for security if the corporatist government of the US wasn't crushing people's freedom world wide. I mean I understand why people hate them. How would we feel if the Iraqi military was here "saving us from the tyranny of our government". It wouldn't go over so well.

Face it. Their are people who want to terrorize because they are being terrorized by the US government. Their goal is a quiet and submissive slave class for the world's elite. So people are fighting back. Stop the oppression and you'll stop the hijackings, etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of the problems we've had so far, were actually false flags orchestrated by them anyway. Oh and one last point, for all their "safety measures", they've yet to actually stop a single "attack" from occuring! If somebody tried, they didn't fail because of the TSA.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Their are people who want to terrorize because they are being terrorized by the US government.

You could not be more wrong! The U.S is defending itself from the terrorist actions of nations like Afghanistan, Iran & Syria. The fact is if these terrorist nations had not perpetrated horrific acts on the US then the innocents would not have to be put through these invasive inspections whilst at airports. This is the fault of ALL extremist Muslims!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
"CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face"

i think there is a typo. it should be "batted"?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I have only read the first few posts on this thread.
I would suggest wearing a burka or headscarf if
you are planning to fly somewhere! That way you
don't get scanned or felt up.You can remove the
items later and get on with your trip.

I wonder who is really getting profiled here,muslims
or americans?
This type of invasion gives new meaning to the term...
fly the friendly skies

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is not about security, its about MONEY!!!

TSA Full Body Scanners Protecting Passengers or Padding Pockets

You see, there are basically three big players when it comes to the full body scanners you will see in a U.S. airport: l-3 Communications, Rapiscan and the American Science and Engineering company. All three have made hundreds of millons of dollars since terror-related events like 9/11 and the "Christmas Bomber" Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's failed attempt to blow up a passneger plane in 2009 (an attack, if you'll remember, that the Government Accountability office said would probably have not been prevented by full body scanners).

Lobbyists Join The War on Terror

If you've seen one of these scanners at an airport, there's a good chance it was made by L-3 Communications, a major contractor with the Department of Homeland Security. L-3 employs three different lobbying firms including Park Strategies, where former Sen. Al D'Amato, R-N.Y., plumps on the company's behalf. Back in 1989, President George H.W. Bush appointed D'Amato to the President's Commission on Aviation Security and Terrorism following the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103. Also on Park's L-3 account is former Appropriations staffer Kraig Siracuse.

The scanner contract, issued four days after the Christmas Day bomb attempt last year, is worth $165 million to L-3.

Rapiscan got the other naked-scanner contract from the TSA, worth $173 million. Rapiscan's lobbyists include Susan Carr, a former senior legislative aide to Rep. David Price, D-N.C., chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee. When Defense Daily reported on Price's appropriations bill last winter, the publication noted "Price likes the budget for its emphasis on filling gaps in aviation security, in particular the whole body imaging systems."

An early TSA contractor for full-body scanners was the American Science and Engineering company. AS&E's lobbying team is impressive, including Tom Blank, a former deputy administrator for the TSA. Fellow AS&E lobbyist Chad Wolf was an assistant administrator at TSA and an aide to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, who sits on the Transportation and Defense subcommittees of Appropriations. Finally, Democratic former Rep. Bud Cramer is also an AS&E lobbyist -- he sat on the Defense and Transportation subcommittees of the Appropriations Committee.

George Soros also profiting off controversial new TSA scanners

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com... 724.html#ixzz15SMb3E2W

As for the company’s (Rapiscan) other political connections, it also appears that none other than George Soros, the billionaire funder of the country’s liberal political infrastructure, owns 11,300 shares of OSI Systems Inc., the company that owns Rapiscan. Not surprisingly, OSI’s stock has appreciated considerably over the course of the year. Soros certainly is a savvy investor.

Once again its about the money, its always about the money.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face

Considering CAIR's terrorist ties .. their 'recommendation' isn't surprising.

I'm sure they'd looooove to make way for their terrorist buddies to kill more.
CAIR SUX.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
there wouldn't be such a need for security if the corporatist government of the US wasn't crushing people's freedom world wide.

there wouldn't be such a need for security if the morons who subscribed to the outdated and bloodthirsty sex-cult called Islam, would grow up and become civilized.

Face it. Their are people who want to terrorize because they are being terrorized by the US government.

Face it. There are people who want to terrorize because they are idiots who subscribe to a violent religious book and who are too freak'n stupid to be able to think for themselves. Instead they listen to bloodthirsty and uncivilized radical religious extremism.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Terrorists aren't freedom fighters.
They are just useful idiots who like to kill people who don't worship like them.
And considering how many of them are polluting this planet, and that CAIR is in league with them,
then COMMON SENSE says that we should do the opposite of what CAIR wants.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
OKAY!!

Whom is responsible for this ASS HAT RULE!!! I mean is the point of the TSA to prevent terrorist attacks, or let every TOM DICK and MARY do whatever the hell they want to, while cruising 35,000 ft. above our neighborhood????

We are quickly becoming the hypocritical laughing stock!!!!! This is absolutely ludicrous!! I mean my gosh, in Holland it is illegal to wear a Burka inside a store for fear of a hidden explosive!!!! But candy asses that we are becoming are so afraid of hurting the Ayatollah's feelings that we would rather just except whatever we are told to do as gospel!! It is frighteningly nauseating!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok this makes me mad. The same rules should apply to the same people regardless of religion or what they are wearing or anything. If you are going to frisk men, women, and children, at least be consistent about it and do it the same for everyone.
Why even have a pat down at all if it will only be done on certain people? At least be consistent about it, or something is going to get through.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No complete pat down.... No fly for you!!! Follow the rules or take a bus,train or boat.

The terrorists have won folks and CAIR is the slimy little worm that continues to lay more groundwork in this country. Just look at what has happened to our system. TSA is just another branch of the new gestapo.

Pull off the turbans and hike up your robes!!!! Or submit to a full body scan.

ETA:

Profiling is sounding better by the day because profiling works!!!! its just not politically correct.
edit on 16-11-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Here's a revolutionary idea. We should probably face up to the fact that while racism is probably not a good character trait, it is based on cultural differences that make us uncomfortable around other groups or types of people. It has a useful purpose. It's our minds way of warning us of danger. For example, I know that if I'm on a plane with a disproportionate number of muslims traveling say from Dallas to KC, that the odds of the plane being hijacked or bombed out of the sky have gone up exponentially.
Before your liberal heads spin on their axis, consider the 911 hijackers, the shoe bomber, lockerbie, the Detroit Christmas bomber. I could do this all week. It's just the way it is. A number of them enjoy blowing up children and other non-cultists. And if it's "just a few extremists" then why has it taken nine years of fighting with 150k troops. It's more than a few. In fact, it's virtually the entire muslim nation.
Here's the point. Going forward I suggest we not let them fly in this country. In exchange, we'll stay off planes in the middle east. Problem solved. Back to minimal screening, shorter lines and less cost to all taxpayers.
Next time someone calls you a racist for expressing concern for flying with a dude in muslim garb, just say "Yep, you got me on that one."
Then remind them that you also avoid flying with poisinous snakes, grizzly bears, alligators, radioacitve waste and other things that kill humans as part of their nature. If he says anything other than "good point", he's being intellectually dishonest.
Those of us honest enough to say "yes I'm a racist, so what?" are simply displaying enough intellegence to recognize that a great number of muslims enjoy killing children, stoning women to death, blowing up buildings and crashing planes into tall buildings. We don't dislike them because of the clothes or constant need to pray facing east. That simply makes them odd to us. We dislike them because they murder, and it is indeed associated with their culture, race and religion. Period. Just the way it is.
Here's the net net. If I have a party, I make out the guest list. Perhaps one or two show up uninvited, maybe I tolerate it, maybe I don't.But it's my decision, as the host. I maintain the right to decide who can and can't go into the pool, and who to toss out, and who not to let in in the first place. If someone tells me one of my guests has a bomb, I"ll decide who to search. It won't be my wife, it won't be my son. I'd start with they bearded dude in the turbin, although in reality, he wouldn't have made it through the front door. Remember it's my house.
The United States is our house. We should not feel compelled to forfeit our rights to our uninvited guess in the name of "globalism", or as it's also called, giving all your crap away in order to make this a third world country so that abject failures will feel more "equal."
edit on 16-11-2010 by astrogolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Update: The original article says that there is a "guarantee" that they will not be frisked anywhere but the face and neck but it seems to be a sensationalized version of a recommendation from CAIR. I can't verify the guarantee.

There is NO GUARANTEE...WTF????

FEAR MONGERING, XENOPHOBIC BS.

The whole "only frisked for face and neck" bit? They were talking about if Security specifically states that they have been referred to a "private frisk" due to a head scarf!!

These rights apply to everyone...Muslims, Jews, Christians...and even Xenophobes.

If Security says you are being referred to a private frisking because of your Baggy Jeans...then they can't frisk your chest...Only the area below your torso...get it??

Did anyone look at the actual CAIR site before posting silly, prejudice trash...and claiming our President has given Muslims a special break from airport security?

It's not difficult to google click and read...though it does make getting your hate on more difficult.

From Cair..

Special recommendations for Muslim women who wear hijab:

If you are selected for secondary screening after you go through the metal detector and it does not go off, and "sss" is not written on your boarding pass, ask the TSA officer if the reason you are being selected is because of your head scarf.

In this situation, you may be asked to submit to a pat-down or to go through a full body scanner. If you are selected for the scanner, you may ask to go through a pat-down instead.

Before you are patted down, you should remind the TSA officer that they are only supposed to pat down the area in question, in this scenario, your head and neck. They SHOULD NOT subject you to a full-body or partial-body pat-down.

You may ask to be taken to a private room for the pat-down procedure.

Instead of the pat-down, you can always request to pat down your own scarf, including head and neck area, and have the officers perform a chemical swipe of your hands.

If you encounter any issues, ask to speak to a supervisor immediately. They are there to assist you.

www.cair.com...

edit on 16-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Figures. Screw everyone but Muslims.

Figures. A MOD of all people believing a story from FreeRepublic as gospel and ranting about it.
A story thoroughly debunked with 4 minutes of googling above.

How is this not favoritism? How is this not a double standard?

How does this not erode faith in the motto "Deny Ignorance" when a Mod is so eager to get on the Anti-Muslim band wagon that he backs a story like this from FreeRepublic without the slightest bit of skepticism or hesitation.

It's ok, however, if you're not Muslim, for the TSA to feel up your wife,
your daughter, you! But God forbid a Muslim be subject to the same violation.

You can turn off your hate juice already. The article was bogus.

I'm starting to wonder if those rumors are true....

... forget the truth...Feed it...fan the flames...Hate monger.

You deal in rumors, fear and lies.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
No complete pat down.... No fly for you!!! Follow the rules or take a bus,train or boat.

The terrorists have won folks and CAIR is the slimy little worm that continues to lay more groundwork in this country. Just look at what has happened to our system. TSA is just another branch of the new gestapo.

BS on all accounts...as I showed above in my post.

Get your hate fix somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

What terrorist actions did Afghanistan, Iraq, or Syria perpetrate on the US?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Face it. There are people who want to terrorize because they are idiots who subscribe to a violent religious book and who are too freak'n stupid to be able to think for themselves. Instead they listen to bloodthirsty and uncivilized radical religious extremism.

Go easy on the GOP, they need the far right voters.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Read the thread; it is not a rule. It is a recommendation by CAIR.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join