It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yup, pretty sad when mods fall for this crap. They should be the ones leading by example in denying ignorance. Even the thread author admitted his mistake.
edit on 16-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by jibeho
No complete pat down.... No fly for you!!! Follow the rules or take a bus,train or boat.

The terrorists have won folks and CAIR is the slimy little worm that continues to lay more groundwork in this country. Just look at what has happened to our system. TSA is just another branch of the new gestapo.

BS on all accounts...as I showed above in my post.

Get you hate fix somewhere else.

Hey genius, if anyone opts out of the body scan they are now subject to a full and complete hand frisk using the tactile surface of the TSA agents hands. It is a dual edge sword with Muslims because a full body scan is considered a violation of Islamic Sharia Law. Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say

Should special consideration be given just because someone is wearing a hijab? So what's it going to be.

Beginning earlier this year, the TSA began using full-imaging scanners in airports. In February, CAIR supported a statement by a prominent group of Muslim scholars that the full-body scanners violate religious and privacy rights.

www.cair.com...

ETA:
Here is the original story that presents everything contained directly from the CAIR site including a link. The same items quoted by you.
floydreports.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by jibeho because: add

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by maybereal11

Yup, pretty sad when mods fall for this crap. They should be the ones leading by example in denying ignorance. Even the thread author admitted his mistake.
edit on 16-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

It's kind of like drowning in a pool and having the life guard swim over and shove your head under-water.

When FreeRepublic claims that the President of The United States has declared that US airport security will only frisk Muslim Women around the neck and head.....Seriously??

Honestly 4 minutes or less to debunk.

You have to seriously have a problem to swallow that kind of story without researching it in the least.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Figures. Screw everyone but Muslims.

Figures. A MOD of all people believing a story from FreeRepublic as gospel and ranting about it.
A story thoroughly debunked with 4 minutes of googling above.

How is this not favoritism? How is this not a double standard?

How does this not erode faith in the motto "Deny Ignorance" when a Mod is so eager to get on the Anti-Muslim band wagon that he backs a story like this from FreeRepublic without the slightest bit of skepticism or hesitation.

It's ok, however, if you're not Muslim, for the TSA to feel up your wife,
your daughter, you! But God forbid a Muslim be subject to the same violation.

You can turn off your hate juice already. The article was bogus.

I'm starting to wonder if those rumors are true....

... forget the truth...Feed it...fan the flames...Hate monger.

You deal in rumors, fear and lies.

actually the story is real and if you cant accept that thats fine

Figures. A MOD of all people believing a story from FreeRepublic as gospel and ranting about it. A story thoroughly debunked with 4 minutes of googling above.

googling wont get it debunked it will only give you mixed results

I believe the Islamic Apologists are the ones who are Denying Ignorance on this thread.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

canadafreepress.com...
Here if you don't like the article from FreeRepublic

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hey genius, if anyone opts out of the body scan they are now subject to a full and complete hand frisk using the tactile surface of the TSA agents hands. It is a dual edge sword with Muslims because a full body scan is considered a violation of Islamic Sharia Law. Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say

Then drive... (even if you take a boat or train, probably the same worries if crossing borders though)...

TSA doesn't care about the "recommendations", luckily, they will simply do their job. You either go through the scan, or refuse, and get the frisk, or third option, leave the airport....no matter if you are muslim, hindu, jewish, christian, etc.

I'm no big fan of all this privacy invasion either, but it is what it is, and if you want to fly, you have to go through with it. Nobody is forcing you to fly, it's a choice...and if you don't like it, then drive yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How about everyone wears a veil and covers there whole body as a muslim then you wont have to go through security.....

Oh thats right thats what THEY want anyways....

TSA gives rights for burka wearing people so everyone wear a burka, how about national BURKA WEARING DAY.

The defacto enemy seem to get what they want ANY WAY around...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

TSA gives rights for burka wearing people so everyone wear a burka, how about national BURKA WEARING DAY.

What rights has TSA given for burka wearing women?

Once again, this article is recommendation from CAIR and has nothing to do with TSA rules/regulations
edit on 16-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well, I provided links and evidence showing the story to be false. the story itself provided no links that supported the claim.

I will trust evidence and research as opposed to some anonymous poster named "Agent_USA_Supporter" simply declaring the story real.

Wow..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Precisely. This is just the beginning and the backlash is just starting to surface from all sides. I would imagine Greyhound will be getting a bump in business this coming holiday season.

Then I think of the movie "Traitor" and buses.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well, I provided links and evidence showing the story to be false. the story itself provided no links that supported the claim.

I will trust evidence and research as opposed to some anonymous poster named "Agent_USA_Supporter" simply declaring the story real.

Wow..

The full story was never read!! Nothing is false. I linked to the original story a couple of posts up.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

CFP is not much better than FreeRepublic. The story is not real. Obama has not given anyone a pass. TSA has not given anyone a pass. These are recommendations by CAIR, with no evidence that they have been accepted.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The original story states a guarantee by TSA while providing a link and a quote to the CAIR site explaining their recommendation in plain english. The article's author took a little liberty in his writing but the article contains the truth.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The article states both a truth and an untruth: this is a recommendation by CAIR. There was no guarantee by TSA.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

The full story was never read!! Nothing is false. I linked to the original story a couple of posts up.

Here is the Article and link that you are referring to and it's qoute..
floydreports.com...

Obama Gives a Pass: TSA Won’t Touch Muslims’ Junk

From that article...this is what it claims...

CNSNews.com has reported that Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) — which is frequently tied to domestic terror plots — has been guaranteed that TSA officials will only pat down Muslim women in the head and neck area.

From both that article and the original CNSNews article (they really aren't a news org by the way)..they both offer the folowing as proof..

CAIR said Muslims who object to full-body scans for religious reasons should know their rights if they are required to undergo a pat-down, including asking for the procedure to be done in a private place. In addition, CAIR offered a “special recommendation” for Muslim women who wear a hijab, telling them they should tell the TSA officer that they may be searched only around the head and neck.

“Before you are patted down, you should remind the TSA officer that they are only supposed to pat down the area in question, in this scenario, your head and neck. They SHOULD NOT subject you to a full-body or partial-body pat-down.”

They omitted the beginning of that passage on the CAIR site.
CAIR is discussing security protocol for EVERYONE, not just Muslims.
And the only reason the "Neck and Head" thing was mentioned is because it was used to demonstrate a specific scenario regarding a scarf.

Did you not read my last post? Baggy Jeans...search legs...Strange Coat?...search Torso..Nothing to do with Muslims..

Here I will give you the full CAIR site recommendation again..I will underline AGAIN the parts that were omitted in the article that explain the “HEAD AND NECK” BS.

SCARF = HEAD AND NECK

READ AND THINK

Special recommendations for Muslim women who wear hijab:

If you are selected for secondary screening after you go through the metal detector and it does not go off, and "sss" is not written on your boarding pass, ask the TSA officer if the reason you are being selected is because of your head scarf.

In this situation, you may be asked to submit to a pat-down or to go through a full body scanner. If you are selected for the scanner, you may ask to go through a pat-down instead.

Before you are patted down, you should remind the TSA officer that they are only supposed to pat down the area in question, in this scenario, your head and neck. They SHOULD NOT subject you to a full-body or partial-body pat-down.

You may ask to be taken to a private room for the pat-down procedure.
Instead of the pat-down, you can always request to pat down your own scarf, including head and neck area, and have the officers perform a chemical swipe of your hands.
If you encounter any issues, ask to speak to a supervisor immediately. They are there to assist you.

www.cair.com...

See the part where it says IN THIS SCENARIO??? What SCENARIO? LOOK AT THE FIRST SENTENCE…HEAD SCARF.

Get it???? How the ef does that TSA protocol for EVERYONE become Pres. Obama declaring Muslim women should only be searched about their head and neck???

You aren’t stupid…so are you just eager to make people believe easily disproved, unsupported BS???

THE LINKS IN THE ACTUAL BS STORY DISPROVE THEIR OWN CLAIM…….

My God…what does it take.

IN AUGUST WHEN THIS RECCOMENDATION BY CAIR WAS WRITTEN…THE TSA PROTOCOL RESTRICTED SEARCH TO ONLY SUSPECT AREAS.

IF they tell you it’s the Head Scarf…then they could only search about the head and neck…

WOW…. READ…I SHOULDN”T HAVE TO POST IT 3 TIMES.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
DP
edit on 16-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Once again, this article is recommendation from CAIR and has nothing to do with TSA rules/regulations

Will likely need to be constantly repeated, during this thread...I imagine. The TSA isn't treating them any differently folks, this is one group's "recommendation", which doesn't mean jack to the TSA.....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Based on history, and by history I mean specifically that every incident of terrorism involving explosives and intent to take the plane down in the last 20 years has involved a muslim perp, the only ones in need of a pat down ARE MUSLIMS.
IN FACT, if we lived in an intellectually honest society, instead of this PC TRAINWRECK, we wouldn't let them on anything faster or more crowded than a UNICYCLE. I would, however, be willing to let them travel via moped, assuming they were on their way out of the country.
CAIR has exactly the same relationship with the United States that Joseph Gerbles did during WWII. The primary mission of CAIR is not to promote relations between muslims and Americans, but to spin. Like putting a happy face on Charles Manson. Their focus could best be described as promoting the positive aspects of murdering infedels, and the recruitment of a more compliant victim. They are the american PR branch of Al Queda.
And as far as the Israelis are concerned, lets put things in their proper perspective. Back in 67, you guys ganged up on them and still had your arses handed to you. You lost. Get over it. Even so, If you'd quit lobbing missiles at them they'd leave you alone.
Realistically, no matter how much disinfo muslims post here and elsewhere, there are very few americans that don't absolutely despise you as a whole. Defaming the Isrealis only makes our collective disdain for you grow. We're bored of you. This is the reality of the situation. I honestly believe that if you guys ran out of people to blow up, you'd kill your own families out of boredom.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

canadafreepress.com...
Here if you don't like the article from FreeRepublic

It's all the same article written by Ben Johnson of "Floyd Reports"...

From thier website...

"Floyd is the president of Excellentia Inc., a firm specializing in online fundraising, websites and marketing to conservatives and Christians."

Here is the home page with the original article that the "cut and paste" psuedo news orgs are linking to ...I feel a little rank just linking to them...floydreports.com...

NOT A NEWS ORG...

From Wikipedia on "Floyd"

Brown is noteworthy for his introduction of the "Willie Horton" television ad during the Bush-Dukakis presidential race.

en.wikipedia.org...

An ad so racist that both the left and the right objected to it!!!!!

Also from Wikipedia on Floyd..

Quotes About Floyd Brown
Time (magazine): “Brown has stature among devoted conservatives that almost matches his physical heft (6 ft. 6 in. and 240 lbs.)”[8]
Salon.com magazine: "He has given conservatism a rank smell for two decades --and if there is a racist odor to the coming general election campaign, it is likely to emanate from his vicinity." (April 25, 2008)
Mary Matalin: "I'm not a big fan of Floyd Brown...He gave us the Willie Horton ads that the Republican Party has had to eat for two election cycles now."[49]
USA Today: "[Brown has] established himself as one of the nation's dirtiest political strategists." [50]
George Stephanopoulos: "Floyd Brown is a slimy thug for hire." [51]

Get it yet...?

It is a racist, BS article from one of the dirtiest political operatives ever to swim in DC and he is a PAC marketeer...not a news organization...Ben Johnson is one of 3 authors that write hate fiction for him.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Based on history, and by history I mean specifically that every incident of terrorism involving explosives and intent to take the plane down in the last 20 years has involved a muslim perp, the only ones in need of a pat down ARE MUSLIMS.

By that thinking, the same perps have all been men...so should all men be patted down? It's a logical fallacy. Not all muslims are terrorists. In fact, very few are or agree with their aims, but these few are the vocal minority that get all the press (because of sensationalist acts).

However, I will agree with you though, that profiling folks who appear muslim may not be PC, but it does make for common sense, given the history.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Will likely need to be constantly repeated, during this thread...I imagine. The TSA isn't treating them any differently folks, this is one group's "recommendation", which doesn't mean jack to the TSA.....

Actually when CAIR made this reccomendation in August it was according to and in keeping with TSA guidelines...During pat-down only search the area of suspicion...scarf=neck and Head etc.

The new TSA guidlines call for "palm" pat downs of the whole body. These guidelines came out in October.

So technically, CAIR's recommendations, while within the bounds of the TSA at the time, are now dated.

But when some folks were still stuck on "Obama tells TSA to only Search Muslim womens head and neck" I thought I would address the BS one step at a time.

No doubt that part of the hope in publishing this BS story now was that people wouldn't notice the date differential between the CAIR recommendations and the new TSA guidelines or realize that the TSA changed their screening guidelines in Oct..and assume that CAIR was asking for special circumstances.

It's all there for anyone that doesn't take BS at face value...just a few clicks away to check out the sources of a story...a little careful reading...it's depressing folks don't do that more often.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join