It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yea I saw that too, but I felt just going to the link from the OP's source was sufficient to dispel the "guarantee" claimed in the source. I'm against both parties and am 100% for criticizing the government, but only when it is warranted. It's sources like that which discredit any opposition at all. Nothing against the OP, as he has stated that he agrees with my comment.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Dantas

I don't know: how many abortion clinic bombings have there been?

Although it is largely irrelevant to the topic at hand there have been only 41 since 1984 resulting in 8 deaths (each of which was a tragedy, and each of which was deplorable and condemned by the Christian groups which the bombers claimed to be supporting). So, nice but ultimately a really weak strawman argument. If they are going to make any exceptions beyond diplomatic then they should just scrap the whole thing.

Oh, in case you were wondering, there were 10,999 bombings in that same time by Islamic extremists. Oh wait, I meant there were 10,999 in 2009.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2010 by Marid Audran because: forgot a word

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Fine.

I'll just buy and wear an hijib.

Problem solved. I recommend we all claim religious reasons for opting out.

In fact, did I mention I'm a star-bellied Sneetch? I recommend you all go out and get one as soon as possible.
edit on 15/11/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I wonder if this "religious opt-out recommendation" applies to Nuns?

Hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

It was not a weak argument at all. The point is that while Islamic terrorism is real, it is not even close to the greatest threat you or I face.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ok so I want to add that I changed the title of the thread, which was only so sensationalized to begin with because I was following the TOS and giving the thread the same title as the article.

Also I made a mistake and jumped the gun with this thread as it pertains to checking the sources. This seems to really only be a recommendation from CAIR and not necessarily government protocol.

It was a sensationalized article and I missed it. I also added this to the OP.

Anyway as I said before though. It certainly doesn't excuse the government from their stepping all over everyone's rights and both the backscatter xray machine and the groping set a dangerous precedent.

So please feel free to discuss the issue regardless.

I apologize for not checking the sources better. I want to crush the evil government and help us all stay free. Sensationalized claims are not the way to educate people of the truth.

Besides propaganda is the government's specialty, not mine!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by kosmicjack

I wonder if this "religious opt-out recommendation" applies to Nuns?

Hmmmmm

Not according to the current photo on the Drudge Report. Looks like the sister is getting her junk prospected like a gold miner from the 1800's.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Marid Audran

It was not a weak argument at all. The point is that while Islamic terrorism is real, it is not even close to the greatest threat you or I face.

Other than the threat of violence from our own government, please enlighten us regarding what greater threats we face? I have little fear of Islamic terrorists. I have much greater fear of men wearing alphabet agency identification jackets and what will happen should they show up.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Car accidents, slipping on icy sidewalks, muggers, allergic reactions...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Car accidents, slipping on icy sidewalks, muggers, allergic reactions...

I'll assume your response was facetious. I would truly hope it wasn't meant any other way since the lunacy of it compared to the discussion at hand really detracts from the serious nature of the discussion.

edit on 15-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

NO need to worry. You can trust a muslim woman, they won't hurt you. Really it's ok. No need to frisk or anything. It's ok, these wimen are trully good, honest loving individuals. Don't be scared of the cloth on their head. You don't need to identify them, now do you? Let them pass by, they are honest good folk. They will not harm you, don't be scared. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The airports allow this? Everyone should be checked the same. Maybe i should put a cloth around my head and walk into an airport. I'm a muslim woman, ok guard, so only check about the neck and face. KABOOOOMMM. I don't care if you were E.T crossing thru. I'm going to frisk your body. If you don't like it, then don't come into our country. PERIOD. So look out E.T, i'll frisk you too.
edit on 15-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well I know what I am getting dressed in when I travel to the US. I will be wearing the full female Muslim uniform. Hey if the Muslims find it offensive for the Muslim females to be patted down, well then the same works for me. You can not have two rule for the same thing. Unequal and unfair. As a female, I could not think of anything worse than having someone run their hands across my bits, ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE. We does this stop!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No, I'm serious. All these things are more likely to kill you than terrorism. But you are correct, we are way off-topic.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
TSA Safe Attire

I guess this is a start. I just wonder if I can be convincing at 6'2" @ 230#.

Anyone know any phrases I could squeak out in the best imitation of a female voice I can do to let the TSA 'tards know I'm just a big muslim gal who doesn't want my junk felt up?
edit on 15-11-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Riding my Harley around people in cages on their cell phones is probably the best chance I have at getting killed. That doesn't mean I don't climb on and crank it up. Once I learn to shoot left handed, I'll be much safer. Taking my hand off the throttle to defend myself is #2 on my list of potentially fatal decisions.

Seriously, we have to quit being so damn scared of life that we'll trade our liberty for perceived safety. My state requires me to wear a helmet...so I do. When I'm in states that don't require it? I don't. My choice. I don't need some limp wristed bureaucrat to tell me how to be safer and then have them spout patently false arguments about how they are making me safer and saving money at the same time.

Fire their ass and you've saved the state $100K. Fire all of his subordinate do gooding wothless sacks of crap and you save the state $500K.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

FIRE all in gov't, SAVE BILLIONS.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

FIRE all in gov't, SAVE BILLIONS.

You'll hear no argument from me!!!

Interesting that my surveillance system is called Night Owl. I guess it's just a coincidence!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There is no need to frisk the Muslim women or anyone else for that matter. If a terrorist wants it done they will probably get it done. What this is about is control by the US government. They took over GM. They took over the banks. If income falls apart for the airlines they won't get another bailout unless the Obama administration can naitionalize the airlines. See it coming folks, this is just another backdoor plot for TPTB to take over more private business, it may be private business but Bush made security the governments realm and Obama is taking full advantage of that!
In the meantime I plan to help them along, if I just must fly I will not use the scanners if they are in place, I will submit to the pat down and I hope enough others feel the same to make the waits so long, and flights delayed, and make such a mess out of it all the TSA nazis have to back off.
Wishful thinking I know.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Divide and conquer at its most subtle, hey?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If the rest of us, including children and infants, have to be scanned or grabbed and groped, then so should they. No one should be exempt. Nobody likes it but only nobody likes the idea of being blown up either except the fanatical Jihadists who see murder and suicide as their religious duty.

Am so tired of what seems to be an ever increasing "protected" or "exempt" categories of people. We are all supposed to be equal under the laws of our land. Yet some of us are exempt from taxes, exempt from our immigration laws, and now exempt from this.

Of course, let's have children as a protected class. Same for the elderly and the sick or handicapped. There are viable reasons for that.

However, if one's religion is the only reason for not wanting to be scanned or groped at the airport, then those of us who follow some other faith should also be exempt.

If Muslim women do not want to go through the same process as the rest of us, then they should not buy the plane ticket. They can find some other form of transportation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join