It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perplexing Thought on Life/God/ and the Reason for Existance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For my first Topic ever posted, I wanted to start with the grand daddy of them all. I've had a truly perplexing thought on life, God, and our mere existance for quite a while that I in no way have been able to answer with my limited knowledge. The mere thought of existance is a troubling one at that. I think there is purpose. I think there is reason and meaning to life. Yet I cannot pin point why this has all come to be. I've often heard that we ourselves are God. We have come from this "source" so that we may experience its creation which just so happens to be itself in every fashion imagineable. So in essence, since I came from God, an I am part of God, then I must be God. Thus, I ( god ) am experiencing the world, this reality, which just so happens to be my creation, which in turn again comes from me which means it is me, so I am experiencing myself in every conceavable fashion. Yet if I created everything, why do I need to use other vehicles ( which happen to be myself ) for experiencing my own creation? Wouldn't I already know my own creation since I am the ultimate architect of it?

This mind boggling thought also goes for the whole theory of Love being the reason for existance. If we all come from this "source" and in essence, are all one, then we ourselves, as a whole, are God, source , creator, whatever you may call it. If this much is true, then why try to learn how to love others because obviously we have expressed this emotion through the creation of it? Why try to learn something that is already known?

Even if someone wanted to bring an abstract point of view to the discussion and say that we are simply just the manifestation of some thought floating in the ether of space/time, we would still be brought to the original question as to why and how this thought was provoked and purpose for its existance.

I apologize if this seems scattered or if any places do not completely represent a complete thought. I find it difficult to use simple utterances that we call the written language to decipher and depict complex emotions, thoughts, and meditations.

With this all being said, I don't want this post to become the catalyst for people to start throwing around their religous dogma, this is deeper than that, this is the question that precedes religous indoctrination, this is the question of why God exists, and why this has all come about.

I am very anxious to hear all your thoughts and I thank you in advance for taking the time out to respond and discuss.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My feelings. I really hate the whole everything is God, returning to source type beliefs. Not that my indifference proves it wrong I am just stating how I feel about it. If this were the case I feel it trivializes the relationships and bonds I had formed with people over the years. Most specifically, my son. It means the father/son relationship is nothing but an illusion and believing in something like that would be very disappointing. For the same reason someone doesn't want to believe in hell, is the same reason I don't wanna believe in an all is one type credo.....
edit on 11/15/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe it's about the journey, not the end or the start? Or maybe (Us, you, me, god) has fun using that forgetting thing from MIB and relearning everything?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My thoughts on these subjects, I and a few others, went into in a thread of mine recently. I will post the link to the thread, so you can read through it, and I do not have to type it all up again. As I shared a lot about my thoughts on life, death, God, and the reason for existence in my thread. I hope this helps and would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Link to the thread I was talking about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/15/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
so the question is why try to learn something already known?

because of the forgetfulness in the processes? To support your own creation? Without the noble efforts of understanding and searching for answers, what would give you the right to *be* in the first place?

Not arguing of course, just throwing more ideas out there to what's already a hypothesis.
edit on 15-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
@ warrior i dont think your hatred for his views and beliefs are needed in this discussion and im really not trying to troll of anything of the sort but within these beliefs there is the duality between fear and love and your fear of your relationships not meaning anything could be a blockage you are experiencing that might be blocking you from truly expressing your love.

@ op you know a lot of truth but keep in mind we are not the only part of this creation we are a secular part experiencing our own reality. there are other entities (group souls) that are with us helping us and "hurting us" we are experiencing ourselves in the most complicated way possible in a no holds bar world where anything goes so there is so much for us to learn and grow with

I shall be back sorry for my fractal response after i get out of this class i will give this post a little more attention thanks for the post op this is the kinda of thing i am here for. The spread of love and light is far more interesting than the fear mongering that occurs on this site all too often.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by co_creator

Thanks for your opinion. He asked for thoughts, I gave him mine. End of discussion.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If we look at ourselves as having been created in the image of God (not as us actually being God, as you say), then in this existence of ours we ought to have all the possibilities (and impossibilities?) of God. That is we have the same instruments at our disposal to create something for ourselves.

What we create, how, and why are the big questions.

My personal belief is that we are not born ready-made with a "soul". If we live our lives in an automatic/mechanical fashion without experiencing and creating for ourselves some form of spiritual life, then, when our body dies...so do we. No more, done, finito. For me, purpose on this world is to create that something within myself that can survive the physical death of the body.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

My personal thoughts align fairly closely with yours as to the nature of existance. The problem I come back to is the why. To me I havent found an exceptable answer to why all this would be created in the first place. What satisfaction would a creator/god/deity have ( if a seperate entity does exist ) in creating lower suborodinates to transverse its creation? Or, if we go back to everything is one, why the seperation in the first place? Experiencing itself would seem like a trivial thing to do and quite simplistic. If such an omnipotent existance is the case, then doing such things would seem contradictory.

Its such a tough thought to ponder, and I would consider myself a spiritualist and that we are all connected by this energetic thought or matrix of some sort, but to reconsile in my own mind the genesis of the whole thing, im finding is a very difficult task.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Are you implying that we only have one chance to get this thing right though? And if you dont live your life in a manner that an outiside source finds approval of then your done? In somewhat of an indirect way, sounds similar to the current mainstream beliefs of christianity?

Interesting thoughts though. I certainly appreciate your input.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

we have many chances to "get it right" life time after life time but don't worry when you do "get it right" you will know

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's a thought to ponder... Why do we educate? Is there any purpose to it? How about to hone in and enhance awareness? The reason for existence could be just that. These cycles are a school of thought per se. Something else you might begin to contemplate... What happens outside our system of cycles? To me, that's a much more intriguing question and answer.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by co_creator

I would happen to agree with you. As far as the nature of existance, it makes since to experience as many lives possible and gain as many perspectives necessary to evolve.

Just in my opinion though. No substantial evidence other than my own personal experiences.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

One chance, as we are and know ourselves to be at present, yes. I don't discount reincarnation entirely, I just don't see it as a "moving onward/forward/upward", but as just a transference of energy. Also, what use is thought of reincarnation? If we believe our whole lives that we will have another chance, we will not be so motivated to use THIS life.

I'm not sure how you read into my post as saying that some form of approval from an outside source is needed. Quite the opposite, I think. All these things must be proven to ourselves, for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Ahh ok. I see now. I misunderstood your post. My apologies. Thats certainly an interesting point of view. I wouldn't disagree with you about the moving onward/upward type setup.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

that is the concept that keeps you here and TPTB encourages. It is true you have all the time in creation to "get it right" but why sit idle when you can ascend and move through new cycles instead of repeating the same one? I have been idle for what feels like a millennia and i am more ready than ever to shed this earthly manifestation and make my way forward. One reason for me talking about myself is so that i can have visual confirmation of what i want. all thought it creative and the universe is a mirror of yourself if u think about negative things that is what the universe thinks you want. change your thinking and change your path.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by Americanist

What happens outside our system of cycles? To me, that's a much more intriguing question and answer.

Yes very intriguing. Perhaps staying in these cycles is not the desired outcome. Perhaps there is something even greater beyond that. Who's to say?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Somtimes my thoughts try and go beyond what must in reality be impossible to find an answer to the purpose of existance,i tend to settle for what must be the more simplistic of views, and i feel that the source of all that there is is what many have said over and over through time , and that is a pure essence of unlimited knowledge, unlimited power ,and unlimited love , and so that of course must mean then that it was singular in its apperance if ever that is a valid concept to say it appeared, now say you were consciouse and you relised you were the only one of your kind in all what there is, would you not create anything your mind was capable of , yes i guess we must be part of that creators essence, but with a slight difference we are also now imortal beings of spirit, and i feel this creator is still very interested in how we get on in our journeys through life after life , as what we experience it also does and thats why its love that is the reason why we are all here.we are its children, we are here to experience, male/female richman/poorman you name it you will become it , so when you feel disgust for a fellow human being for whatever deed they have done be sure to relise that he is just another aspect of yourself for the pain he/she inflicks on another he/she inflicks on his/herself , but its through not knowing of this that makes it possible to experience real pain and real love, even if we can see all this as an illusion , you will not be able to maintain that thought for too long before you fall back into your personal existance with all the problems that your ment to face, we all are writing the next script of our next existance right now,

link   

Originally posted by UnknownPhilosopher
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

My personal thoughts align fairly closely with yours as to the nature of existance. The problem I come back to is the why. To me I havent found an exceptable answer to why all this would be created in the first place. What satisfaction would a creator/god/deity have ( if a seperate entity does exist ) in creating lower suborodinates to transverse its creation? Or, if we go back to everything is one, why the seperation in the first place? Experiencing itself would seem like a trivial thing to do and quite simplistic. If such an omnipotent existance is the case, then doing such things would seem contradictory.

Its such a tough thought to ponder, and I would consider myself a spiritualist and that we are all connected by this energetic thought or matrix of some sort, but to reconsile in my own mind the genesis of the whole thing, im finding is a very difficult task.

Why? That I am not sure of. To experience everything possible and to create and to know. Maybe through this process it is the only way, life after life, cycle after cycle. Why separation? That is another good question, that I am unsure of. Perhaps, to show that what is really complex is actually simple. Maybe just to show the beauty in it all.

A question in response to your question of why is all this created in the first place, would be what would there be if it wasn't created? Where and what would you be?

In the end one must believe in what one wants to believe in. But, most importantly one should live life with wonder and awe, enjoying the beauty and love in our lives and worlds.

"The Creator of all things does not need or require a religion to remind him of his works; all the creator requires is our love and to do all things from love." - Anonymous

link   
double post.
edit on 11/15/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join