It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perplexing Thought on Life/God/ and the Reason for Existance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I compose music (I am creator) and listen to it for ages. I love to experience it.

May be this helps you a bit.

By the way - I do not believe in anything - even god or gods.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
you need to read "the egg" ..

google it, or it can be found somewhere in a thread on ATS..

helps elaborate on your topic

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

Reason for existence eh? Will let you in on a big secret. There is no reason or meaning to life. Life is what you make of it with the resource around you & the opportunities presented to you. There is no God & all religions are shams & hoaxes built to control us through deception! In other words just live the best you can with what you got. Love is something that helps us along the journey, creates unity & makes us feel special & wanted. By all means spread it around but don't be fooled into thinking it's a reason to exist! it just makes the journey better!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I've often pondered immortality in this current life, and it always seemed a romantic concept. The argument that I would watch everyone I love die, was no worry of mine if it meant I had all the time to learn and discover everything. But the way you put it, having "no escape in death" kinda changes my view. You have now given me purpose to death. Not saying I want it to come sooner for me... but if I did live this life eternally, I think it would feel a prison instead of a gift.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

In my view the supreme being is in a state of conflict with himself, its like your right hand becoming rogue and forcing your left hand to act according to him. So the supreme being is divided in two, such that one is ruling over the another.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8

Are you saying we were created in His image so He could experience the world that He created?

Who but God would have the priviledged position, of being the ultimate solipsist? And who but God would then choose a selfless giving and including for the sake of mutual liberation and freedom, as the highest expression of his love? Diversity and variation and novelty and creativity appear to be his pleasure, and maybe "he" (self aware being) just wants everyone to get alone and have some fun, laugh and play a little, live life to the full even to overflowing. We have not even BEGUN to recieve God's blessings, that's OUR problem, not his, but there are still there for the offering.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azjazzer8

Are you saying we were created in His image so He could experience the world that He created?

I am speaking on the idea that God created all, and in creating all He became all. In order to truly know all, He divided Himself into infinite manifestations. He became the river while swimming through it as a fish. He became the sun and travelled through space as light energy. He was born as William Shakespeare, manifested Himself into the pen, became parchment, and experienced Himself as each word of Romeo and Juliet. He is simply.... everything.

Well, at least this is the idea about God that I like to entertain. I feel that to know something, you must experience it. If God is All-Knowing, He must be All-Experiencing to truly know all. And to be All-Experiencing, He must Be All.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Great. Yes, death makes life prescious, I'm with the atheist's there, but where we diverge is in my undersanding that our life, and death, resides even still in a further realm of an unknown uknown, or something we cannot know, but that's still "there" somewhere... materialist monism is dead in other words. We are not mere "things", and we know that, or most of us do, those willing to look within. There's still something eternal INSIDE, and what resides outside, or outside the boundary of death, we cannot say, thank God.

"No eye has seen, no ear heard, and no mind of man has concieved - what God has in store for the faithful."

There's still stuff in store I am certain of it, and all indication indicates that it's there somewhere, both innerant and transcendant, and me I'm just glad I do not know what it is, so that if there IS anything there in the realm of the unkown unkown, it might come as a very pleasant surprise.

So you don't need to write it off so fast, this notion of eternal life. It's available for those who believe and recieve, death cannot have the last word, since death cannot swallow up our life within itself, life and the universe does not appear to work that way, there's always something more, but something which we could not imagine even if we tried.

See it all depends on where you think all the information is stored, in the scull alone (an old, outdated notion held tight by atheists), or in the universe itself, as some sort of VALIS (vast active living information system), which would make me "Horselover Fat"!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I get to experience the sense of 'other'. This can only be accomplished by not knowing everything, especially that all is One. Because of my partial ignorance I can get surprised, or the experience of being surprised iow not knowing what will happen. Perhaps it makes eternity bareable to have this seemingly division of Consciousness.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You are God, but not all of God. If I touch your toe you know I am touching you , but not all of you.

Everything is made of energy. God is all the energy that exists. Energy is love.

The goal of life is to become Perfect. Not perfect in form, but to become perfectly you. To become all that you were meant to be. To become whole.

It is possible to know God. It is possible to have an intimate relationship with God. Mystics know God very well.
edit on 16-11-2010 by NotThat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My take on the OP:

In line with the concepts of singularity vs duality - a singularity or "god" could not experience itself as it is a totality and has nothing to compare itself to. Instead you break into "parts" (which aren't really seperate but maintain the illusion they are) and each part experiences a little part of the whole.

Through this process the "individuals" are simultaneously the whole, are experiencing part of the whole and are creating the whole.

i.e. That we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively.

Why? Because energy/consciousness wants to know itself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here's another mind boggler, just for the heck of it:

What if God is a child who has created us out of itself, just for the fun of watching us/entertaining itself? Of course there are rules to the game; e.g., the "creator" can't interfere unless being asked; the "creations" have free will and can live their own little lives as they wish; and so forth.

I will always remember when I first saw the Lloyd-Webber musical "Starlight Express" in Germany. They'd built an entire dome-shaped building/arena just for that play, and it was spectacular. The plot of the story is that this little boy plays with his trains before bedtime, and then (maybe in his dreams) the train cars and locomotives come to life and have their own adventures -- they fall in love, they fight, they compete with each other, etc. Their "God" or messiah is the Starlight Express, a mythical train that is supposed to come from the stars and help train cars in need.

So, since the entire musical takes place on inline skates (that's how the train cars and locomotives get around and where they do their train races), the arena is like one smooth inline skating rink, with some of the lanes running right through the audience, so that you're basically in the middle of it all. I.e., you're at the level (mentally and emotionally) of the TOY trains.

Now, here's the kicker: At the very beginning of the musical, you hear this disembodied voice from above, the voice of the little boy talking to his trains while he's playing... and then the voice of his mother telling him to go to bed. It's hard to describe the feeling you get when this "big" booming kid's voice comes down. Since you're on the same size level as the trains, you feel incredibly small... and it's really as though GOD were talking to you. It's quite amazing; I saw the play numerous times and it always gave me goosebumps.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The answer is that when we are all one, there is no separateness, there is only balance. There is no pain, and no pleasure, there just is. By partially separating ourselves from each other, we get to experience the self, or a sense of self, allowing us to experience pleasure, joy and pain, something that is impossible when we are a part of the conglomerate.

The reason for life is to experience the self. The purpose of life is to prepare to become a part of the conglomerate or whole again.

God is nothing more than the conglomerate consciousness, gods, aspects of the conglomerate consciousness... everything that we have conceived is a level of consciousness, some small, others large, almost any consciousness but our own are difficult to understand. Religion is an attempt at control of others, but it stems from small understandings of those consciousnesses that are at a higher level than ours, culminating at the one true God who is the conglomerate consciousness.

Jaden
edit on 16-11-2010 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The meaning of life.

There is NO meaning.

You, Me, We...are like every other species on this planet, we are born, we learn from our elders the skills required to survive, we breed, we die, this is your fate.

Your success in life matters little; your existence is based on the requirement to propagate the species and if you cannot do that you are of no use, nature usually has ways of dealing with these irregularities.

Its harsh but true, stop elevating yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

You do not have the right to tell me there is no meaning to life. If that's what you really believe, that's your business, fine, but there's no need to foist such a thing on anyone else. It's a dogma which just don't hunt.

That was kind of abrupt I realize. To clarify, what I "mean" by that is that it's an open question, and if you want to collapse it into nothing, then why say anything?
edit on 16-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When words fail ultimately, to express our fundamental searching for answers, there exists a possiility of a persistence of vision which can guide us through darkly lit shadows and can illuminate the only truth that is. That will be, that ever will be and always has been.

How can we deny it?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by co_creator
I will refer you to the reason i started spending time on ATS the Q&A session with Hidden_Hand

www.illuminati-news.com...
edit on 15-11-2010 by co_creator because: missing link

Super Fascinating stuff... Makes ya think real hard. Even if he is fake, he speaks a lot of truth. Best thing I have read so far.

Deebo
edit on 17-11-2010 by Deebo because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join