It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something on the moon that shouldn't be there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
First off let me say that I am no astronomer nor do I claim to be one. Ok. Tonight I was looking in my very cheap pos telescope at the lunar surface and I noticed a couple of the larger craters had a bright white light or dot coming from what mostly seemed the exact middle of the crater. I only saw these "lights" in the larger craters along the shadow line at the center of the moon. So i am asking ATS to look up at the moon and see if you are able to see it also and if so what are your thoughts on it? One Love.
edit on 11/11/2010 by Fastercaddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2010 by Fastercaddy because: Misspelled word

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Could be what has been termed "transient lunar phenomena"
en.wikipedia.org...

A transient lunar phenomenon (TLP), or lunar transient phenomenon (LTP), is a short-lived light, color, or change in appearance on the lunar surface.

Claims of short-lived phenomena go back at least 1,000 years, with some having been observed independently by multiple witnesses or reputable scientists. Nevertheless, the majority of transient lunar phenomenon reports are irreproducible and do not possess adequate control experiments that could be used to distinguish among alternative hypotheses. Few reports concerning these phenomena are ever published in peer reviewed scientific journals, the lunar scientific community rarely discusses these observations.

edit on 11/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
and we wonder about all the weird glowing orbs..
things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.......

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
it seems to me that the moon should be (if not already be) under 24 hour observation through high quality, high power telescopes and these images should be available to the public via web in real time. we ought to be at least that interested in what goes on up there. lots of 'weird moon' threads lately. have you noticed the 'tilt'?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Amateur observers and trained observers alike have been seeing odd stuff on the Moon for centuries, indicative of intelligent presence thereupon.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Could they be these laser reflectors?

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Many lunar craters have a central peak (a result of their formation). These peaks can appear in great contrast to the crater floor depending on the angle at which sunlight is hitting them.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Have you ever read about Project Moonblink? It's not the first time that this type of phenomena has been recorded. The following is a link to a pdf file of the report.

Link

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastercaddy

I was looking at the moon last night through a good telescope (Celestron C8). I love looking at it at this point in the lunar cycle (a few days before to a few days after first quarter) because the sun is rising on the southern highlands and several of the most famous craters. Phage is right: You are seeing the sunlight just rising above the crater rims and shining on the central peaks.

Sharp eyes and a good observation, Fastercaddy!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zesko Whirligan
Amateur observers and trained observers alike have been seeing odd stuff on the Moon for centuries, indicative of intelligent presence thereupon.

— Zesko Whirligan

Moon people and the greys that control them have been seeing odd stuff on that blue ball that orbits them for centuries too. but after receiving strange transmissions that seem to mimic a language of sort from the direction of the blue wastelands, which unknown to them at the time was actually a wireless internet signal posting to ATS, they realised it's impossible for it to be intelligent life, if the message was indeed accurate and was a strange life form actually claiming evidence of the moon people themselves, and put it down to sheer coincidence and space noise.

Possibly from the rings of neptune.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ok, does anyone not look at GoogleMoon/Mars? I'm going to make a thread about this.. seems like nobody is taking the time to actually look at what they are showing us.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Ok, does anyone not look at GoogleMoon/Mars? I'm going to make a thread about this.. seems like nobody is taking the time to actually look at what they are showing us.

Who is "they"? Both the OP and myself have already posted that we look at the actual, real-life Moon through telescopes.

As I have posted elsewhere, Google Moon & Google Mars are more for entertainment than useful for any actual research.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

The reflectors are too small to be seen from Earth, so even when the beam is precisely aligned in the telescope, actually hitting a lunar retroreflector array is technically challenging. At the Moon's surface the beam is roughly four miles wide. Scientists liken the task of aiming the beam to using a rifle to hit a moving dime two miles away.

top topics

join