It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times: Nazis Were Given 'Safe Haven' in U.S., Report Says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

There is no definitive proof that Hitler was part Jewish. Basicaly it is unknown who the father of Hitler's father was. In the book by George Victor, Hitler: The Pathology of Evil Hitler speaks about his fathers mother saying "Maria had become impregnated by Georg Hiedler, but the couple had been extremely poor, and Maria had pretended the father was a Frankenberger to extort money from the family". This at the minimum means that Hitler's grandmother was having sex with one of the Frankenbergers. Hitler's father was never accepted by George Hiedler as his legal legitimate son. I wrote a paper a year or so ago with some stuff about Hitler's youth in it so if more info is desired I can provide it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by I B Dazzlin
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

More than likely if we did not take these scientists they would of been taken by Russia. That is why the U.S. took so many scientist, it was a form of containment. To allow these scientist to be used by Russia would only help them spread communism. Thus to keep with the U.S. policy of containment, developed by Dean Acheson and George F. Keenan, they had to attain these scientists to stop the Russian communists.

I don't buy it. You can keep them in a prison without giving them keys to federal buildings and top secret clearances.

There are a few lightyears between what you describe, and the reality.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Im not saying that I think what happened should of, I am just stating why the government did what it did. Russia was taking apart whole factories and reassembeling them in Russia, so why wouldn't they take these top scientists to boost their military and help rebuild their vulnerable country. These people should have been convicted of war crimes I just doubt most of them would have been.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Yeah, the Abwehr, under Admiral Donitz, but I dont think they were actually part of the SS. However, it was down to the Gestapo to deal with counter intelligence within the Reich etc & that included potential traitors within the military, so they certainly ought to have noticed that a massive series of suspiciously well targeted Allied attacks meant that something was amiss & looked into it properly. Even if it was on suspicion of treason, a thorough review of what was happening couldn't possibly have led to anything other than @least the suspicion that their comms were insecure.
It'd be like, if for a period of a few months, every time any US generals went anywhere in Afghanistan, the Taliban blew them up with an IED. You'd have to call the CIA incompetant not to notice that comms might well be compromised, eh?
Anyhoo, I cant say I rate the Abwehr much either. How in the name of anything do you not notice that an entire army is composed of nothing more than inflatable rubber or wooden model vehicles & fake radio traffic, when its supposed to be encamped a short flight away from your territory? I mean, what, they didn't have parachutes & radios?
How did they not notice that what went on to become the SAS were able to drive right across the desert behind Rommel's lines & blow up his fuel dumps only with the assistance of local tribesmen? What, they didn't have anyone that could follow tire-tracks?
Truth is, they were crap.
The only reason the USA wanted any of either group was for any info they had on the Russians.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Interesting stuff!
It's crazy to think the U.S would do that now.
But, then again didn't we not know the true horrors of the Nazi's until after the war, when they found the concentration camps?
Correct me if I am wrong, but Nazi's could of easily also bought 'safe havens' off people that were trying to make some money in the poor economical conditions after the war though. Cool story though!

Star for find!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBonzye

The U.S. knew about the concentration camps and what they were doing during the war. I have a DVD of W.W. 2 era movies and one of the films is a government propaganda film. In the beginning of the film it said "why we are fighting the war" and it talks about concentration camps in it.
edit on 14-11-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Cant say I know much about Hitler before his time in Vienna. So which 1 of his potential grandfathers was jewish & was that man related to the Rothschilds?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

The grandfather that was potentialy jewish was on his fathers side. Hitler's father's name is Alois Hitler if you look him up there should be more about him and his unknown father. The most credible idea of Alois being part jewish is because his mother worked for the Frankenberger family and it is said that a younger unknown member of the family inpregnated her. I don't remeber how the Rothschild family is related to the Frankenberger family but I do remember reading about the relation somewhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Could you explain what exactly is new about this? It's been long known that the US granted Nazi's of significant (strategic) importance like scientists a ''green card'' to the US...

I think this is far beyond operation paper clip..

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You can take anything we have today, and compare it to what was going on in the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's, 50's, 40's, 30's etc etc and you can draw paralells.

We want a secure border, so did the Soviet Union, so Did Nazi Germany, so did the United Kingdom. In order to secure those borders we developed laws, and signed agreements with other countries.

Looking into history with 20/20 hind sight does nothing but show what occured, with the ability to know what we could have done better.

If we did not take in the Nazi scientists, what would have happened? Where would we be now?

My point is we can't change our history, and we certainly can't hide it either. We take what we can learn from it and do our best not to repeat the mistakes of the past. Since you, the President, the Chairmen of the Joint Cheifs, the PResident of Russiam and HEr Royal Majesty the Queen nor I can walk across water, we are going to make mistakes.

Decision will be made by everyone at some point in their lives where the they think its the right one based on what was going on at the time, only to find out 2 hours or 200 years later was absolutely wrong.

The world changes, allies become enemies, enemies become a force for good, and we do what we did back in the 40's and 50's. Do the best we can with what we have, with the info we have, and hope we make the right choice.

What the Nazis did cannot ever be undone.. We cant ignore it, we cant hide it, and we cant deny it. The US, along with other countries, smuggeled out scientists.

Concevabley the argument could be made that had we not done that, had we not smuggeled out scientists, their programs might have continued under Stalin, or the British, or the Chinese, or the Argetinians, etc etc.

For all we know, in this existance, its entirely possible we made the right choice by smuggeling out the scientists. We were able to make scientific advancements that no one can deny have not improved the human race.

Far away in some paralell universe, a world could exist where in their existance the US did not smuggle out the scientists, instead working for the Soviets or even the Chinese. In that existance its entirely possible WWII was followed up a few years later by WWIII, where the holocaust continued, but not just against Jewish people, but Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc because they are incompatible with Communism.

The information contained in the report is not new, and is widely known it occured.

All we know now, is the decision was made back then. Does it make it right? Does it make it wrong?

I still beleive the US can be a force for good, and a beacon of hope to the rest of the world. In todays day and age though the time is past where that concept is owned by only a few countries.

We can't change the past, and the future is unwritten, which leaves us with the now to make changes and we should make the most of what we can affect now, instead of arguing over something we can't affect.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by wcitizen
PS. And they are still here - running the country now.

Lol, that's why America is Israel's little b**** huh?

Of course the USA took in Nazi's. They were some of the brightest. If not for Nazi scientists, America wouldn't have set foot on the moon when they did. It was all part of making sure the USSR didn't get a hold of these men and the technology they knew how to create.

Yes, indeed the Israeli nazis and the US nazis are all bedfellows.

second

edit on 14-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

This information is literally nothing new. It has been out for decades. It is, in fact, the specific subject of this book: www.amazon.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
why did msm wait to report this - because all the participants involved are either dead or ancient citizens. no one under the age of 90 really cares.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Who knows why now, other than to givesome members on this site the ability to use another article to show of their hatred and ignornace about the US and Israel being a continuation of a Nazi regime... To be honest im not sure whihc is more rediculous, the MSM media report, or there posts.

Either or, its funny.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No offense, but how is this "Breaking news". My God, we've known that since they brought Von Braun and his group of Nazis over to work on the space program, since 1945. The OSS's Operation Paperclip was only one of many well-documented and public programs to enlist Nazis in positions in the US where they could be "helpful".
The CIA was essentially founded and staffed with Nazis imported from Germany.
Of course, it doesn't stop there- the UN made Nazi Kurt Waldheim Secretary-General of the United Nations from 1972 to 1981. Many of the post-corporate leaders of post-WWII were also Nazis.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think this report was very interesting. What interests me is how the US government doesn't put these Nazis in jail once we find out that they were who they were. They just send them out to foreign countries and foreign governments. Bush SR may have used the Nazis in Argentina much like how the US government used the Nazis in Bolivia and Chile (www.tuks.nl...).

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

yes it called project paper clip and this has been known for some time now. Who the hell do you think helped us get to the moon? A nazi rocket scientist that's who. look up plum islands history as well. It was that or the Russians would have bailed them out and used their scientist we just beat them to the punch. Who cares i would rather have them on our side then not to have them on our side.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Alright! thanks for the correction.
I was mislead, but I remembered in 'Band of Brothers series' it's not till the second to last episode where they find the concentration camp(s), which was after they captured Berlin. That's how I thought it went, but my memory may be wrong.
Thanks again though

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Good reading through out the thread ,but come on, they all didnt go to South America

I have a brother inlaw who's dad came from Austria during that time. They claimed he worked for NASA, I never meet the man personaly but my parents and sister did, all around nice guy.

But then he passes away and my brother inlaw goes down to clean out the house and finds all sorts of night vision scopes and camera's, other stuff he has no idea what it could be. He has no answer for this because its not stuff NASA would be dealing with. He has a s smallmicro cam with 32 pictures on it, 18 of them have been taken, but he's to freaked out to go and get it looked at.
Ive done a google search on his name and NASA but nothing comes up, something doesnt smell right here but who knows

edit on 11/14/2010 by Patrioitinsheepclothing because: sticky keys....hahahaha save it...lol

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The Gestapo was only the secret police of Germany. They worked on gathering information and controling those in Germany and occupied areas. The Gestapo dealt more in the realm of dealing with political enemies. I would imagine that the farther away from Germanic lands the Gestapo goes their power and force dwindled. The SS had a seperate intelligence gathering unit for gathering information on their military enemies. It was from this SS intelligence operation that many Nazis were taken and put into the CIA or CIA funded organizations.

I stand corrected.... thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join