It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If SHTF, this is the gun I would bring

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I really don't know what to say about this gun. I guess it's alright if that is all you can get your hands on but it would definitely not be my top choice. It would be a total POS in a tactical situation and for long range I can think of better as well. Plus it looks like it would be a pain in the butt to carry and preform maintenance on. Honestly, I would much rather go with your standard AR-15.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristSr
I really don't know what to say about this gun. I guess it's alright if that is all you can get your hands on but it would definitely not be my top choice. It would be a total POS in a tactical situation and for long range I can think of better as well. Plus it looks like it would be a pain in the butt to carry and preform maintenance on. Honestly, I would much rather go with your standard AR-15.

It depends on how much you can afford.

For less than $400 someone can purchase a respectable weapon and a sizable stash of ammo like this one.
edit on 15-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Yes, as I said in the first line of my post "I guess it's alright if that is all you can get your hands on". But thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodgame
Another one that will resort to a gun instead of using a brain.

How much ammo do you think you can carry in all seriousness. That will not weigh you down?

What about when you run out after a couple of days?

With no brains you are done. No very conspicuous running around with a huge rifle.

So how much good it that big brain of yours going to do when it's laying on the floor next to your dead body.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
great guns, although ive only owned a dragunav, ive shot many nagants and they do their job and have since 1891

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
great guns, although ive only owned a dragunav, ive shot many nagants and they do their job and have since 1891

Very nice guns for sure.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Any firearm "given" to you or bought through a private individual (master gunsmith custom made) does not need to be registered according to state laws. Check your state laws. Hitler's SS had the German people "register" their weapons in 1934-1937. The SS knew where to go to get them. 250 thousand loyal Germans told Hitler and the SS to "take a hike". They went up the same smoke stacks as did 14 million others for not surrendering their weapons. May I suggest that you do not register any weapon that does not need to be registered. Hand guns bought through private individuals contain a "risk" factor. If the gun was used in a crime, the Cops will have the ballistics of that weapon. You get caught with the weapon in question, then you suffer the repercussions.
I would suggest going to "gun shows" or looking at the gun sales portion of the want adds in your local paper. Pay cash! Never use a credit or bank card. Never give your name to anyone. Wear a ball cap and sun glasses. This is the same old thing that Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini and others did. The only thing that changes are the names, faces and places. "Run silent, run deep" takes on a whole new meaning.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

Try these links.

www.night-optics.com...#
www.opticsplanet.net...

www.opticsplanet.net...
nightforceoptics.com...

www.infrared-cameras.org...

www.opticsplus.net...

Let me know if they work. In the event that they do not, them go to the site listed and do a search. In the last year many sites I use have had their links "removed" by "you know who". The "FLIR proof" Ghillie suit I purchased 4 years ago ($2200.00) is no longer available. The DOD classified it as "munitions". Cloth material, classified as munitions by the DOD is telling those of us that are "in the know" what is going on. Most posters at this site that deny the existence of the NWO, FEMA camps, etc. have no clue. Those of us that purchase products of this kind know, because these products are getting harder to find. 4th generation NVG and scopes are available to the Military and some police, but not to the public. The ATN/PS 22 front mounted NV scope attachment is one of the best 3G systems still available to the public. "600 yard range" at night is one very favorable selling option for this scope, depending on who is using it and how much experience and training they have had in the past. Never use infrared or laser. Use passive light systems only. The reason is due to keeping your self hidden. Any one wearing even 1G NVG will see "any type of light source" which gives away the position of those using a FLIR or laser. Be smart, passive light only. In the Nam it was called a "starlight scope" Today's scopes are far better as the technology has improved all these NV units.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

I read your comment to me. Unless you really know some one and could trust them with the lives of your wife and kids, it would be better to "never trust anyone". This site, along with many others, have every form of "virile scum" tracking and recording almost every post. I am willing to share what little I know with those that have the "need to know". Trust in God, trust in yourself. Keep your plans secret and never say what you shall do even after you have done "the deed". Never threaten anyone or make rash statements that could be used against you. Never answer questions to those that you suspect are agents. Be careful who you talk to. The fewer people you know, the better off you are. "Fly under the radar" Keep any answer you give "short and sweet and directly to the point". IE "Keep your mouth shut". "What isn't said, isn't heard". "Death is certain, life is not".

Scoutsniper

edit on 15-12-2010 by scoutsniper because: I added a comment

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

I (most likely) wouldn't be in one of those camps that I discussed. I tend to be a bit of a loner, and would probably only associate with these camps as a method of trade, if that much. I would probably, assuming I survived this long, be in some sort of cave or concealed home. Also thanks for the gun law advice, I have looked up Ct gun laws (confusing as heck) and am trying to learn them.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

i was talking about the links to the rfid finder and sweepers. but those links help to
thanks for those as well but i dont have ay guns anymore they were stolen by my father when him and my mother split up while we all lived together. i never could get the police to do anything about it. i guess they thought it would be better if a 50 year old had those type of guns rather than a 19 year old

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

www.nextag.com...
www.electromax.com...
www.amazon.com...=asc_df_B003IGPVU21355697?smid=A3SPLR0MSOYZ8O&tag=nextagusmp0357647-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASI N=B003IGPVU2

Try it again and see if it works.

2cd Ammendment, you have the right to own and bare arms. Get your weapons, train with your weapons until you know them inside out. Field strip and clean your weapons. Get more than enough ammo for each weapon. Practise, practise, practise.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

A bolt action rifle might not be the thing to use for wave after wave of tangos inside a house, but it beats the hell out of an AR-15 for reliability. The only maintenance it requires is the insertion of some cartridges now and again.

The AR-15 is an awful weapon for actual bush use, with many points of wear and huge problems with dirt.

For long range use, the Moisin Nagant is still good enough to be used as a sniper rifle in Finland, and the sniper variants have a longer range than any .308 rifle. The 7.62x54R is an excellent long range round, and the case taper and rimmed design are both very good for reliable extraction.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

A bolt action rifle might not be the thing to use for wave after wave of tangos inside a house, but it beats the hell out of an AR-15 for reliability. The only maintenance it requires is the insertion of some cartridges now and again.

The AR-15 is an awful weapon for actual bush use, with many points of wear and huge problems with dirt.

For long range use, the Moisin Nagant is still good enough to be used as a sniper rifle in Finland, and the sniper variants have a longer range than any .308 rifle. The 7.62x54R is an excellent long range round, and the case taper and rimmed design are both very good for reliable extraction.

That's true for sure.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I want one of those soooo badly! Beautiful rifle with a rich history. Hopefully in the next few months I can get my hands on one.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't have any guns, my parents will not get me one. However, for my SHTF weapon, I'd definitely get something that would fire 5.56 or 7.62 because all "their" weapons use it. And you could pull it off "their" dead bodies.
By far an FNH SCAR would be best for such an application, but with a $3000 price tag, not at all affordable. You'd be better off with some variant of the CAR-15 for about $1200, though still very very costly, for such a terrible weapon.
As for a handgun, I'd go for a 9x19 because "their" Berettas & Sigs are chambered for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stryker Ops

Also stay away from DPMS ARs, not because they're bad rifles, but because their designs are very proprietary and cannot be interchanged easily with mil-spec parts.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i also love the mosin nagant. its so cheap and its everywhere. But if i were to have to re lie on a a weapon its going to be a nice ak74. there very cheap (about 600 usd) . Its much more accurate than the ak47 and its an assault rifle. it doesn't seem like it but the ak47 is a machine gun (lmg).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
just came across this awesome forum! I signed up because of this post. lots of good info from different angles here. I just started obtaining firearms a few years ago and just recently got a 32 Tula Mosin Nagant 91/30 (have yet to shoot). I have an SKS, 9mm Hipoint, .32 revolver, and just got a mini 14 .223. I plan on getting another Mosin on Tuesday, for backup, spare parts or maybe even mod it for a helluva hipgun firebreather!

Also, don't rule out a good BB/pellet gun for a survival type situation for hunting rabbits, squirrels, etc... I also have a slingshot with 1/4" steelshot and any ol round pebble, ball bearings, etc can be used for ammo.

I have 2 machetes, several well made knives, a genuine - high carbon steel, razor sharp, full tang katana (don't need ammo for those!)

I can't wait to move back to the mountains....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebel21
i also love the mosin nagant. its so cheap and its everywhere. But if i were to have to re lie on a a weapon its going to be a nice ak74. there very cheap (about 600 usd) . Its much more accurate than the ak47 and its an assault rifle. it doesn't seem like it but the ak47 is a machine gun (lmg).

The Mosin Is a Great Rifle (try to get one with a Hex receiver) The 74 is not a bad weapon either, although it being much more accurate is a fallacy, and you can pick a 47 up for $400-$450. There is something to be said about a a 30 cal bullet, they turn cover into concealment. The AK47 isn't a (LMG) or light machine gun, It's an assault rifle, Identical in every way to an AK74 except for caliber. (That's why it doesn't seem like a machine gun, because it isn't) The only AKM based (LMG's) are the RPK which is also a Magazine fed 7.62x39 & the PKM which is a belt fed 7.62x54R. I don't mean to come off as crass, but people posting weapons misinformation is my pet peeve.

My personal SHTF weapon of choice is my AKM pattern rifle , the Romainian SAR-1 in 7.62x39. My M4gery & my mossy 500 (old reliable) would also be nearby.
edit on 18-4-2011 by EyesWideShut because: Forgot to add my SHTF collection

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join