It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon.com Sells Pedophile Guide For Kindle!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Are you willing to order and read such a book, with your credit card? I am not.

If I was interested in it, I would. Why not?

The subject matter disgusts me. Have you read it?

No, I haven't read it, but I'm not making the judgments about it that some are. How can you say the subject matter disgusts you if you haven't read any more than the title? I'm not sure what is contained in the book, but according to the author's review, I'm not sure if it's disgusting or not. Is he telling the truth? Do we know?

But as frozenspark said, freedom of speech is a double edged sword.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

hmm funny how freedom of speech doesn't apply if someone wanted to write a book about how to blow up the white house but if someone wants to write a guide for pedophiles we're all game to let them excersise their rights! what about the the rights of the children who fall victims to those who are interested in the subject matter written in this book?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

Have you read the book? Or are you, too, judging it by its cover?

And there's a hell of a lot of difference between writing a book and molesting a child.

I stand by the First Amendment.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Ok once you can prove that a book puts anyone in danger, then you might have a point.

www.humanevents.com...

here is a list of 10 books that have put people in danger. do i have a point yet?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Her eis all I can gather about the book, I do not desire to read about how to make a child secure and feel safe when with a pedo, which is what I have gathered the subject matter is. Also since it is illegal, by even ordering the book you might end up on some kind of list. I noticed you skirted directly answering the question, I still dont know if you would order THIS pedo book with your cc. I know I would not, for above said reasons.

The comments/reviews page, with fifty comments at amazon.com on this book

The jacket says a child lovers code of conduct.

The book's title itself is "The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure".

We aren't the only ones discussing this, the SF Gate is discussing it too.

ARTICLE

Here is Amazon's OFFICIAL response:

"Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable," the company said in an e-mailed statement. "Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions."

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../g/a/2010/11/10/bloomberg1376-LBOTEK0YHQ0X01-14AMLMSM4SQFV3V3J5GRE0OHVO.DTL#ixzz14vIbp4bN

The article claims pulling it would just cause more controversy. Yes Amazon IS promoting illegal criminal acts by selling this nasty book.

THE SMOKING GUN article: Author has sold ONE creepy book

Oh surprise, this author plays the mental illness card.

In an interview today, the author at the center of a controversy about Amazon’s sale of a self-published pedophile’s guide told TSG that he has sold exactly one copy of the book and revealed that he was involuntarily hospitalized following a following a “mental breakdown.”

Noting that, “I have what they call manic depression,” Phillip Greaves, 47, said that he himself was not a pedophile and said that “the best advice I can give a pedophile is accept that masturbation is your best friend.” Greaves’s book, “The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover's Code of Conduct,” last week became available for download in the e-Book format. It costs $4.79.

Speaking from his Colorado home, Greaves said that he was introduced to sex at age seven by a 10-year-old girl. “I learned about oral sex that day,” he recalled. Greaves said that he continued to engage in sexual activity with other children until he was 15, when “my father put the fear of God in me to stop. Most of the children I was with were younger than me at the time,” said Greaves, who is pictured above.

Asked if he had engaged in sexual acts with children as an adult, Greaves first answered “could have,” before stating flatly that he had not engaged in such illegal conduct

Please read the smoking gun article. He is claiming he tries to give pedos advice like its just better to masterbate. Well, no kidding dude, if you are not a pedo that sounds like good advice. A pedo would find your advice repulsive since they LOVE sex with kids!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Those books didn't put lives in danger, people taking the ideas and putting them into reality as a motion, then others following did. Big difference. It is like those idiot parents that bought their kids GTA, then their kids went and copied the game going on a rampage. They try to blame the game, I blame idiot parenting.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

okay, so you agree that people can take ideas from a book and put them into reality?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I support free speech and the right to write whatever you want.

But really for amazon to defend selling such tripe is horrible. They are not censoring him if the refuse to sell his book. They are refusing to sell a book aboput illegal activities. So how can they defend themselves?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I support free speech and the right to write whatever you want.

But really for amazon to defend selling such tripe is horrible. They are not censoring him if the refuse to sell his book. They are refusing to sell a book aboput illegal activities. So how can they defend themselves?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I noticed you skirted directly answering the question, I still dont know if you would order THIS pedo book with your cc. I know I would not, for above said reasons.

I said "I would". I don't know how much more clear I can be.

The comments/reviews page, with fifty comments at amazon.com on this book

NONE of them have read the book. How can they review a book they have not read?

Yes Amazon IS promoting illegal criminal acts by selling this nasty book.

So, they are promoting the ideas in ALL the books they sell? They come right out and say that they aren't, yet you have decided that they are...

There is a world of difference between writing a book and disobeying the law (not to mention moral code) by molesting a child. You act as if they are the same thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I once had a psychologist friend who wrote a book entitled something along the lines of "How to Screw Over Your Spouse". It was much more elegant than that, but I can't recall the exact title at the moment. It was a satirically written book that detailed all of the horrendous things that a spouse can do in divorce proceedings. It was written from his personal experience working with the screwed over spouse, some that had been wrongly accused of molesting the children just so they wouldn't get custody. It wasn't meant as an actual guide for spouses looking to play dirty. It was meant as a learning tool for how NOT to get screwed over. It was quite clever.

How do we know, other than the author's somewhat ambiguous statements, that this book is no different?

It does not sound like to me that he is wanting to help pedos get away with their crime. It sounds like he is wanting to offer a sort of self-help book to keep them from pursuing their urges.

Unless you've actually read the book, you cannot pass an accurate judgement.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I most certainly am not acting like writing a molest guide and molesting are the same, and I support free speech. That said I also do not believe it is censorship for amazon to NOT carry the book. The negative attention amazon has gotten does not faze them and tells me they do not care about their customers.

Also, I do not have to read a book about molesting kids to have an opinion on it.

The author himself told the smoking gun reporter, he "could have" molested kids, then said he did nothing illegal.

You are defending a book you have not read. How can you do so without knowing what is on the pages yourself?

Are you willing to go first, order the book, and let us know how innocent it was, and how far off this thread ws to criticize amazon?

+ANYONE+ want to order this book?

Bueller?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

My uncle had that book for his divorce, rofl!

And on topic, I take it you missed the authors comments in the smoking gun interview, where he admits he "could have" molested kids.

Since no one has read the book in question, I find the comments regarding us naysayers not reading it REALLY pot.kettle.black.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You are the one that has a problem with the book and are ranting about how amazon is selling it. It is up to you to prove that it is what you say it is.

A title alone can be misleading so it cannot be used to support your claim.

You are ignoring the fact that the author pretty much said that he was giving advice to pedos to not act on their urges and harping on what he said about his own sexual exploits. That is not evidence either as to what the book is really about.

ETA: That is too funny that your uncle had that book. I hope it helped him some!
edit on 11/10/2010 by glitch88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Have you read the book? Or are you, too, judging it by its cover?

And there's a hell of a lot of difference between writing a book and molesting a child.

I stand by the First Amendment.

Fanatical political correctionism?

I think so.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That said I also do not believe it is censorship for amazon to NOT carry the book.

You don't think it's censorship. They do. A difference of opinion.

The negative attention amazon has gotten does not faze them and tells me they do not care about their customers.

They've probably gotten a lot more attention because of the outrage people who have not read the book are displaying. Any publicity is good publicity...

Also, I do not have to read a book about molesting kids to have an opinion on it.

Is it a book about molesting kids? I don't know. I haven't read it. You're jumping to conclusions.

The author himself told the smoking gun reporter, he "could have" molested kids, then said he did nothing illegal.

So, perhaps the author is a pedophile. Is that relevant? If it was an honest upstanding citizen who had written this same book, would you still be judging it without reading it?

You are defending a book you have not read.

I am NOT defending the book! I have not read it!

Are you willing to go first, order the book, and let us know how innocent it was, and how far off this thread ws to criticize amazon?

I'm not going to buy a book just to prove something to you. I am not claiming that it's innocent. I don't know.

However, there's another thread about a manual that actually had instructions on how to molest a child and I did defend that. www.abovetopsecret.com... It's a matter of free speech.

It's a good thread and might clear up some confusion and questions.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I have no idea what that means. If you are willing to elaborate, I'll be happy to address your comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Absolutely. However books are not to blame.... It is the person or people. There is a few books I know that give knowledge on how to mix some pretty harmful compounds, explosive compounds etc. They are also found in schools, it is called a chemistry book.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Amazon Page

OK, I downloaded Kindle for PC, and sent for the sample of this book. I cannot copy and paste, but the sample begins with his parents finding a hickey on his neck, which FRANK (some older guy) gave him and he blames on his four yr old brother. It goes on to define pedoism, and he gives differences in the types of pedos.

The Kindle for PC download is free.

The sample of the pedo book is free.

I downloaded and read it in less than five minutes, and I still find it a disgusting title, and book in general. Couple that with his admission he "could have" molested in the past, well, Amazon is looking like they promote pedophilia. Hey, its better than censorship!

Here is a quote, I am copying this word for word from my sample text of PG's book in discussion:

QUOTE FROM BOOK"while it is not my intention to excuse this practice I would rather see pedosexuals conquer the world than her of even one mor child bing killed because another pedosexual pedophile is driven into a state of pedocidal psychosis or a paranoid panic attack, due to the constant hate mongering which can be heard from every corner of the earth, demonizing every juvephile regardless of the quality or character of their sexual relations with minors."UNQUOTE

The words speak for themselves, if this is the sample....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The authors own description of his book:

Product Description
This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter sentences should they ever be caught.

Really, I think I have read enough of this pedofantasy writer.

Link to off site content quote

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join