It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elves and dwarves - do they exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know this sounds like a stupid question - but do they? Ive heard reports of skeletons of tiny adult humans being found before.

If they do, what are they? Extraterrestrials? Inter-dimensionals? Maybe a hominid that evolved in a totally different way?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

I'm going to put my money on humans with a physical condition making them what we would call today... "Little People"

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Have you ever seen "Pit Boss" on animal planet. Those are dwarves.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c394681db5.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course they do...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Why you have to go and bring gimly and legolas into this..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

news.nationalgeographic.com... mo_floresiensis.html

Scientists have found skeletons of a hobbit-like species of human that grew no larger than a three-year-old modern child (See pictures). The tiny humans, who had skulls about the size of grapefruits, lived with pygmy elephants and Komodo dragons on a remote island in Indonesia 18,000 years ago.

Thats just one find theres probably many more...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Yeah, that's a pre-human species though. So I guess you could say to the OP they existed at one time....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
I know this sounds like a stupid question - but do they? Ive heard reports of skeletons of tiny adult humans being found before.

If they do, what are they? Extraterrestrials? Inter-dimensionals? Maybe a hominid that evolved in a totally different way?

I would say that they, atleast those you mentioned, indeed exist.
Ehat they are and their origin? Depends.
If we take Elves, it depends on what type of Elve you refer to. If you mean the tiny fairy-like one, then there origins is unfortunately a mystery, although there are several guesses.
If you refer to the tall, blonde Tolkien-like Elves, that for instance the old legends of Ireland speaks about, then their origin are very apparently Extraterrestrial, as the Irish texts states that they arrived from the sky with ships, hidden in a dense dark cloud.
Now, the more modern intepretations of these legends say nothing about them arriving from the sky, as the "Scholars" have tried to rationalize the texts, hence rudely editing that piece out and translating it into that they simply arrived from the Sea.

Anyway; Different creatures of folklore, have much likely different origins and history, just as Human Races.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well if they don't then Time Bandits had some pretty cool CGI for its day! Seriously though, i often wonder where in cases of different cultures all having the same or similar myths that the idea must've come from somewhere. I believe that myths are based on ancient truth - just how much truth is the question.

For my part, the world is a much more interesting place if elves and dwarves (and goblins and fairies) exist so why the hell not.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well,do extensive research on elves,fairies and deaves,sprites,goblins etc.

If a group of people could not understand a race of people who may not be of this earth that had abilities that are not known,what would they think of them?

Even some old stories speak of them living in the sky.

Even one species that maybe be here is called "Nordic Whites".

How many small grays were thought to be a goblin?

There are so many mysteries of humans existence on this planet.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Hi,

When working in Germany two German ladies asked me the difference between a dwarf and and an elf (wanting to improve their understanding of the English language). I explainded that one had a longer penis than the other.

After to or three minutes they asked; 'Which?'

'The elf.'

Another pause.

'We prefer elves then.'

True!

Peace!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Hi,

When working in Germany two German ladies asked me the difference between a dwarf and and an elf (wanting to improve their understanding of the English language). I explainded that one had a longer penis than the other.

After to or three minutes they asked; 'Which?'

'The elf.'

Another pause.

'We prefer elves then.'

True!

Peace!

edit on 10-11-2010 by The Wave because: Double post

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

If they did exist at one time Its possible that they still do somewhere deep within some jungle who knows...you don't, neither do I one more thing don't tell me what to say thanks buddy

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I've always wondered if the reports of elves in older times are the grays in modern times.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Tom cruise.... I rest my case..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

A recent study has found that Homo floresiensis is simply a human with iodine deficiency. While this theory has been around since the initial discovery this study seems to have finally confirmed it.

BioScholar

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
I've always wondered if the reports of elves in older times are the grays in modern times.

nah i dont think so.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
we had hobbits... Maybe Tolkien was right Anyone want to find 4 hairy footed short guys and a ring oh and that fine looking Orlando Bloom and Viggo... We can totally go to mount doom... I totally call being arwen I'm tall and elf like and can do that freaky vacant elf look...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
we had hobbits... Maybe Tolkien was right Anyone want to find 4 hairy footed short guys and a ring oh and that fine looking Orlando Bloom and Viggo... We can totally go to mount doom... I totally call being arwen I'm tall and elf like and can do that freaky vacant elf look...

lol. i love lord of the rings. =]

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm soooo not a lotr nerd,,, Elves and dwarves are awesome... if they are real Dwarves because you can go drinking Elves because if they all look like Orlando Bloom I'm one happy woman.. Oh and Elrond is pretty cool if he's real I have to meet him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join