It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be anti war but still support the troops?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Show me a war that's being fought in order to secure our homeland from physical threat and I will support the troops that fight in it Until then, I see no reason to support anybody taking part in our oil-based invasions and conquests.

Those soldiers are doing the dirty work for a corporatocracy bent on enriching their portfolios by controlling natural resources in foreign lands. They're simply employees - not heroes.

Why should we cheer them on and send care-packages while they're off working for a company who's goal is to make more money. I have a job in which I work hard in order to help my company make more money. Does anyone "support" me or send me care-packages?

I also notice a lot of times that the loudest cheerleaders of these "thank you for serving" blahblah's are folks who never have and never would join the military in the first place.
edit on 2-12-2010 by TXRabbit because: spelling/grammer

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Onegovernment

I spent four years in the desert laying down not moving for 36 hours on end for fear of being picked off. Four years of being like the eyes for 1 to to 130 men so they don't get struck down. Four years of knowing if i don't take the guy out in that building, then the 15 under me will get picked off. You know not one thing about patriotism. You disgust me. You did show me one thing though, all of the people who have supported and even disagreed with me on this threat....you are a joke....at least each and every one of them contribute something to our country whether through war or peace.

Did you at any time within those 4 years question WHY you were spending those 36 hours in the desert or why those 130 men where there?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Onegovernment

I spent four years in the desert laying down not moving for 36 hours on end for fear of being picked off. Four years of being like the eyes for 1 to to 130 men so they don't get struck down. Four years of knowing if i don't take the guy out in that building, then the 15 under me will get picked off. You know not one thing about patriotism. You disgust me. You did show me one thing though, all of the people who have supported and even disagreed with me on this threat....you are a joke....at least each and every one of them contribute something to our country whether through war or peace.

Thank you, no words can completely express my thanks for your personal sacrifice to keep brothers and sisters safe while engaged in battle and nothing can be compared to all that you have given so that ignorants can flame and blast you in total immunity hiding behind a constitution fought with blood and lives and allow ingrates to not appreciate what true freedom stands for!

Cpl (ret) Hooah !

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I totally agree with you, the double speak this country has had for several years now makes my skin crawl.
good to see someone else observing the hypocrisy of it all

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Lmao are you serious? So the iraq people somehow threatened our freedom and constitution? I would love to see some proof for that one.... The only two things that has threatened our constitution and freedom since the revolutionary war, is a POS government overstepping their bounds, and a goddamned brainwashed, lazy and ignorant public allowing them to do so

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Show me a war that's being fought in order to secure our homeland from physical threat and I will support the troops that fight in it Until then, I see no reason to support anybody taking part in our oil-based invasions and conquests.

Those soldiers are doing the dirty work for a corporatocracy bent on enriching their portfolios by controlling natural resources in foreign lands. They're simply employees - not heroes.

Why should we cheer them on and send care-packages while they're off working for a company who's goal is to make more money. I have a job in which I work hard in order to help my company make more money. Does anyone "support" me or send me care-packages?

I also notice a lot of times that the loudest cheerleaders of these "thank you for serving" blahblah's or folks who never have and never would join the military in the first place.

when you get past viewing life as money a new light may emerge, money is a tool which was introduced with an agenda all of it's own. Remove money from the equation and what then do you end up with that justifies or condemns war ?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Actually, based on current events there would be no war. Hard to ask me to stop viewing money being tied to it.

If I misunderstood your intent please help me follow along.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Lmao are you serious? So the iraq people somehow threatened our freedom and constitution? I would love to see some proof for that one.... The only two things that has threatened our constitution and freedom since the revolutionary war, is a POS government overstepping their bounds, and a goddamned brainwashed, lazy and ignorant public allowing them to do so

Yeop..totally serious. These soldiers are doing the governments work, what ever that may be, weather you agree with it or not and if it is for peace or money, those soldiers stand by the orders of the President and do as told, go where deployed and defend the interest of the day at hand regardless of their own personal opinions. Now...Stand by the soldier and support the veterans, injured or not and respect the fallen that perished for a cause they believed in.

You don't have to agree but you must respect!

P.S. TDKRL......That TDK part in your name, stands for Taekwondo ???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

No matter your age mam/sir.

You have the clearest view on the concept of respect ,then most people i have ever met/typed too.
Bow to you... great response,

And it sure sounds like some real long and hard ,..blood sweat ,and tears, are the glasses you see the world threw again

I!!! salute you

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

LOL ...Really???

You sit here and are free to type what you just typed !!!! and have the friggin BALLs to ask what they are fighting for??Really?? How dare you !!

Crawl back under your lil rock and get a grip.

You type what you type because you are free.

I would say the men and women in the armed forces ...ARE doing an alright mighty super fine job ...Why? you ask ..Because i just typed this post thats why , you friggin hypocrite.. OMG

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by controlled chaos

I realize this will be a fruitless exchange (do you know what that means?), but I have some time to kill. You see, business is slow because our fine leaders are destroying our country and our economy. I call them the true enemy.

And, you I presume are destroying a foreign country. Or, is it "nation building"?

Anyway, before I slither back under my rock, perhaps you could explain how YOU and the boys are preserving MY freedom? The only group trying to take that away in bits and pieces are the ones giving you your marching orders.

I understand how brainwashing works, but there is a cure. I recommend you seek it out and find true peace someday.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

find new light in knowledge and set aside those things in life which bind you... Money was introduced as tool to do justice by and to establish society not to divide and conquer it, I assure you war was around much longer.

my intentions are always just and I carry that torch, I also believe our soldiers are serving justice...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by controlled chaos

I realize this will be a fruitless exchange (do you know what that means ?), but I have some time to kill. You see, business is slow because our fine leaders are destroying our country and our economy. I call them the true enemy.

And, you I presume are destroying a foreign country. Or, is it "nation building"?

Anyway, before I slither back under my rock, perhaps you could explain how YOU and the boys are preserving MY freedom? The only group trying to take that away in bits and pieces are the ones giving you your marching orders.

I understand how brainwashing works, but there is a cure. I recommend you seek it out and find true peace someday.

No need to insult and being condescending ( know what that means..??? )...Walk a mile in the man's boots....Oh wait...Never mind...Cowards don't fight for freedom, they bitch and complain like little cowards. mama's boys hiding under her skirt.

Removing Saddam from Irak was a good thing no mater the reason given. Installing Hamid Karzai in Afghanistan was also a good thing and this, not only for U.S. business interest but to aid in global stabilization of democracy, give the people of the world a voice, a choice and possibly a better way of life although not immediately but in generations to come. We all know that the next to fall will be Iran, then possibly North Korea, then...Well our supposed friends China and Japan.......Peace and equal rights are fought for and sometimes the fight goes to war and global.....

Now...Smoke your peace pipe, blare away the Led Zeppelin and trip out, let the real work be done by real men and women, it's clean that you couldn't fight for your rights even if your life depended on it.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Because the troops are caught in the middle of government politics.Most of the troops are fresh out of high school and don't really know a lot about the world they live in let alone the dirty criminal aspects of politics,they are just pawns on the chessboard,they come home knowing more of the realities of why the were deployed than when they were sent,they find out they have been lied to and this is why there has been a high rate of suicide for this war than any other war in the us history.So please support these guys and gals they need our blessings,protection and moral support to let them know we are here for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
No need to insult and being condescending ( know what that means..??? )...Walk a mile in the man's boots....Oh wait...Never mind...Cowards don't fight for freedom, they bitch and complain like little cowards. mama's boys hiding under her skirt.

Removing Saddam from Irak was a good thing no mater the reason given. Installing Hamid Karzai in Afghanistan was also a good thing and this, not only for U.S. business interest but to aid in global stabilization of democracy, give the people of the world a voice, a choice and possibly a better way of life although not immediately but in generations to come. We all know that the next to fall will be Iran, then possibly North Korea, then...Well our supposed friends China and Japan.......Peace and equal rights are fought for and sometimes the fight goes to war and global.....

Now...Smoke your peace pipe, blare away the Led Zeppelin and trip out, let the real work be done by real men and women, it's clean that you couldn't fight for your rights even if your life depended on it:

well said... pretty much in line with the founding statement,

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice,

just sucks some time you have to stoop to the level of war to provide the justice, but the end does Justify the means there's that word again and men of old came to this very conclusion long long ago in a galaxy not so far away.

link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by mayabong

Because the troops are caught in the middle of government politics.Most of the troops are fresh out of high school and don't really know a lot about the world they live in let alone the dirty criminal aspects of politics,they are just pawns on the chessboard,they come home knowing more of the realities of why the were deployed than when they were sent,they find out they have been lied to and this is why there has been a high rate of suicide for this war than any other war in the us history.So please support these guys and gals they need our blessings,protection and moral support to let them know we are here for them.

One of the best replies so far. Thanks

link   

Fox,
you are funny. You guys think you have seen the world after one tour, and you know what makes the world go around. Trust me, I understand where you are coming from, I was young once.
But, your impression of me is way off base. You would actually appreciate having me around if you were my neighbor and we were under attack. I will leave it at that, because any statements will just appear to be internet bravado.
You cross the line when you ask or demand respect. You shouldn't have to. When people do not give it to you, or tell you that you do not deserve it, spend a little time trying to understand why. No, the military does not train you to communicate with the enemy (in words.) But, I am not your enemy.
Also, understand better YOUR side, you don't want to be embarrassed if your "foe" knows more about what you are fighting for than you do.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Well being ,that i am not in the military,Orders are not even a consideration , as I follow none.

And yes it will be fruitless , Because you refuse to see that you type as a free man,..that freedom is upheld by whom sir YOUr vote ? you eat what you want, type what you want , wear what you want , drive what you want, buy what you want, Who has upheld the system in place, and kept america(me and evryone else liveing in america whether they are chinese,mexica,indian,russian,jewish,great britain, ect.ect.ect.) free, from a (hittler type of government) that freedom ,applies to each of us regardless of who you are or where they came from , they get the same protection...If you dont like it move to another country .Who/what keeps you out of a jail cell ,or for being hung in the street, for typing anything against the government??That is treason in most countries.

Yes USA is not perfect,and of course there is corrupt people every where not just USAs militray ,

Whether made up or real dose not matter they are doing what they are paid to do ,If they dont end up liking their job,friggin quit and go get another,

But you can not ever speak freely(do you know what that means?)unless there is some one on your side up holding those freedoms,(do you get that?) The men and women who are in the armed forces,can not control the vote, to go to war that is the POTUS job.dont suport him he is the one telling his employs what to do.

But no matter what . The answer to your question is staring you in the face. The very fact you even have internet/a house/a car, a job,/is provided by freedom , and they up hold that freedom for you, and they whould die for that freedom they are up holding for you, And guess what they more then likely dont even friggin know you , but are willing to die for .

You are about as disrespectful as they come.Any body any time can take that away if no one is willing to atleast fight for it.

You do realize there are people ,that think ,we shouldnt be able to do what me and you , and every one else, here is doing< free speach..Really, who is going to keep some other country from atleast trying?

Man i am all for sitting around the camp fire and passing the old peace pipe,and singging khumbhayha ,

And im all for build stuff around the world ,and iI am all for Johny plumber if he wants to be able to go to OH, lets for argument sake,uzbeistan or some crap/whatever He wants to help them get clean running sewers, he cant do it,..But in america you can come here from anywhere and set up shop as long as you abide by the constitution .

Thats called fredom.

So get over your self . You are free man , If you are not its because you are brainwashed

But that is not to say that there are certain elements of US government who wish to take certain freedoms away,and yes false flags may invoke a response from us , for a short minute, that is kill,kill,kill,revenge revenge, But that is also the same from everyone around the world.

But you cant sit here and say you arent free ,this isnt china,but if our people/troops/regular americans.

dont wake up soon ,and up hold those freedoms together,we are doomed because some one some where hidden is surely trying to take them all away

edit on 2-12-2010 by controlled chaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Cosmic, nice Avatar!

You have a strange concept of justice. Perhaps you could elaborate while I sort through my photos of innocent children in Iraq that are deformed and diseased, with missing limbs dead families, and a contaminated country. Perhaps, they got a taste of your "justice"?
It really doesn't take that much time to find the truth about these wars, and just because I disagree with them doesn't mean that I believe those we are fighting are good people. The American war machine is evil, simple as that, and to be a part of it is wrong. Some day, you will figure that out. I, for one, am not afraid to tell you that, while most dare not offend.
There IS right and wrong, and you WILL be judged someday. Sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Posted by me on another thread that was identical to this one :

This is not doublespeak because you can be against the war but have your support forever remain for the troops always. To try and flip it to say that those that are against the war are against the troops remains to be one of the problems that is the matter with the nation.

Support the troops where ever they are at as they are our felow countrymen and they need to be reminded time and time again that the populous stands with them 100% of the time regardless of either how we feel personally about the reason for our men and women being over there. Even though technically speaking the last time democracy was needed to defend was in WWII as every single conflict has been over either narcotics or energy. They are in harms way fighting Big Oil and Big Banks war and not a war that is needed. They need to know that people stateside are appreciative of the job they are doing (all the while protecting other interests and not the nation itself!) as without our universal, and total support they would give up.

Yet again another attempt at division by referring to and attempting to equate those against the war as being Anti American!

Regardless of the order given they absolutely and unequivocally must have our support even in cases where we do not agree with nor like as if they do not follow orders they are Court Martialed for Deraliction of Duty, Refusing to follow a superior's orders, Dissertion which is punishable by removal of uniform, freedom and you lose all your benefits earned.

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

The yipp yap over the myth that's being perpitraited that "They are fighting for our freedom" is technically hogwash as no one can cost you your freedoms but YOU! A thousand laws can be passed but ulitmately it is up to the populous to accept them. Beyond that no one indivdual or legislative body either domestically or internationally has the legal and just authourity to ever attempt to override this. The military is currently fighting unfortunately for TPTB's interest and not a thing to do with ours.

edit on 2-12-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join