It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be anti war but still support the troops?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Why is it that, right around Veteran's Day, some insensitive OP decides to post a "Don't support the Troops" thread?

Because it gives the #birds on ATS a way to feel superior to Troops, that's why.

People with absolutely no clue on the hows and whys of the military, but think they know it all. I really get a laugh out of most of them.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I would like to say thank you for all the support that you show us while in the desert. As for the hippie who compared us to pets...pray you never run into me. We do a job and expect nothing in return. We know what the consequences are as well as the benefits, so keep the disrespect to yourself.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well for one the troops are doing their job, they didn't choose to go to war, the Government did, and sad as it is, these guys are risking their life just to make a living. Whether it's right or wron they are the ones out here doing the hard work, they are the ones seperated from their family, they are the one's suffering too, especially when they haveno choice after all, levinworth is not a nice place to end up!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Iraq is our life...I would love to go back on a 3rd tour over seas. You come home after having to fire at someone, after having to watch your buddy go down, and what do you get? Hippies who work at mcdonalds crucifying us for what we do. If we ever have a war on our homeland at least we know these are the sad ones who will be running to canada than debating on ats.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by ldyserenity

Iraq is our life...I would love to go back on a 3rd tour over seas. You come home after having to fire at someone, after having to watch your buddy go down, and what do you get? Hippies who work at mcdonalds crucifying us for what we do. If we ever have a war on our homeland at least we know these are the sad ones who will be running to canada than debating on ats.

We'll hold the saps at the boarder so you can do a little practice shooting.....! I got your back ! Hoooaaaaa

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

When that hippie "crucifies" you for what you do, what does that mean exactly? Disagree? And your response is what? Pull the weapon?
What an asset you will make back home...
There is a chance you can be of some use when the military is through with you and chucks you out on the street. You can educate those that might be tempted to look up to you, and tell them the truth! That you were wrong going over there and killing people on their own land for the benefit of the corporate empire. Or, haven't you figured that out yet?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

That is what I figured.
Thanks for validating my position.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Stewie, get over yourself, a soldier does what a soldier is told to do, a soldier does what is best for his country. If you choose to not back our troops then by all means please stand in front of them ad they advance on the enemy.

It's all fine to disagree with the governments position on things but never ever put down the troops.Doing so only shows you as true coward that will hide and never defend the weaker and the poor.

Please move over, real men are working here.....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I know all of the cliches. "If you don't stand behind them, feel free to stand in front of them."
Can you say "brainwashed"?
I have been around since Truman, my man. I have retired and ex Marine Sgts. Air Force Master Sgts., and Air Force Colonels as close friends of mine. They are DISGUSTED.
Frankly, they/we are a bit frightened as well. Not because of your "toughness", but because you have no clue what you are fighting for. When I say YOU, I mean all of you that believe this is all some sort of game. When you point your rifle at protesters here at home, all hope is lost.
You are not the first to make the mistake, but you may be young enough to salvage your life.
I hope you do.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This Thread P@#ses me off like no other, If you live in America you should be ashamed of yourselfs, its these "KIDS" that are fighting to keep it so you can have your half a@# opinion. You owe them respect. If you dont support war then choose better leaders, The elected ones are the ones who pick and choose war. I served my country and did it honorably. SO, when push comes to shove IF YOU DONT SUPPORT THEM then God forbid you ever get in harms way on my watch your no better than the idiot "PTB" take that personally.

edit on 30-11-2010 by rushunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

I know all of the cliches. "If you don't stand behind them, feel free to stand in front of them."
Can you say "brainwashed"?
I have been around since Truman, my man. I have retired and ex Marine Sgts. Air Force Master Sgts., and Air Force Colonels as close friends of mine. They are DISGUSTED.
Frankly, they/we are a bit frightened as well. Not because of your "toughness", but because you have no clue what you are fighting for. When I say YOU, I mean all of you that believe this is all some sort of game. When you point your rifle at protesters here at home, all hope is lost.
You are not the first to make the mistake, but you may be young enough to salvage your life.
I hope you do.

No Marine Sgt. is an Ex Marine, they are former Marines and deserve such respect as we are still brothers and always will be, SEMPER FI

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

The last person that would not respect my marine friend is myself.
You guys will learn.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Stewie because: oops...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
will learn what? that there are a bunch of ungratefull people in this world? I mean if its so bad get the F$%k out!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well then, if you've been around that long my question is....How comfortable were you in Canada when the draft was on ?

I served and did my tour, I did it for my country and did it so that others in a land of oppressed could life in freedom and peace, I did it because children deserve to go to school and learn, woman have a right to be safe and equal and I did it for political stability in the region by removing a mass murderer. If my country had ulterior motives such as controlling the export of oil for a cheaper price, they have failed, look at the price at the pump, it's no cheaper, look at the price of the barrel it's no cheaper either, you want cheap oil in the U.S. you will have to invade Canada as for we are the biggest exporter of oil to the U.S. What you consume is brought in at 85% from Canada...So your the theory on the invasion for oil control is completely false and absurd.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One out of 4 homeless men in america are veterans
remember when obams wanted to make the troops pay for their own health care?

All you "support the wars is support for the veterans" outta get shipped to the eastern front for a couple of tours.
cause obviously when you talk about supporting the toops
talk is all you are doing.

The “60 Minutes” piece on Sunday about the Veterans Village of San Diego’s annual Stand Down event for homeless veterans reported that the number of homeless young veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is already 9,000. It’s a staggering number and one that unfortunately is likely to grow substantially as more of our troops come home physically and emotionally damaged and ill-equipped to deal with a well-meaning but still woefully bureaucratic Veterans Administration that is already overwhelmed and backlogged with claims.

homepost.kpbs.org...

It took us 40 years to get the frontline metis soldiers of ww2 in Canada their stolen pensions
but we got them.
the governments all suck but at least in canada the troops get

We are propping up a government largely comprised of warlords and war criminals. This government is hated by the people as much as the former Taliban. Human Rights Watch reports that the plight of women may be actually worse under the new government than under the Taliban.

The current debacle in the U.S. over the treatment of injured soldiers upon returning home makes one weep. It is now clear to all, that the U.S. sent troops into battle ill-equipped and under-manned, and has failed those maimed, both physically and emotionally, upon their return home!

Upon hearing this, my thoughts naturally turn to our troops in Afghanistan. An ill-defined mission, ill-equipped troops, uneven support from the international community – that, we know. My question is this: Is our government, on our behalf, doing everything possible to provide to the women and men who have served this government, the support they need upon their return from duty?

I’m frustrated when I talk to some people who are keen to send our troops to war, yet refuse to bother about those soldiers and their families who have served and may require a lifetime of support. Photos on the front pages of our newspapers of our brave women and men in battle do not convey the misery and suffering that exist long after the last shot has been fired.

Yes, there has been a flurry of spending on military hardware – to a total of almost $17 billion. Most of it is the really expensive stuff built by companies that Defence Minister Gordon O'Connor formerly lobbied for.

But when it comes to real attention to the quality of life of our soldiers, very little has changed

www.nupge.ca...
edit on 30-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

How can you be anti war but still support the troops?

It's really simple. The US has a fully volunteer military. These men and women enlisted to serve and protect their nation. This is no small sacrifice because being in the military is to actually give yourself, your life, to that service.

Most kids today don't have the depth of spirit to even think of their families before themselves. It is a noble act and should be respected.

Secondly, as a soldier, you don't have the luxury of picking and choosing where you serve. You gave yourself to this cause and will be applied as the President sees fit. You knew this going in... before you signed on the dotted line. Another sacrifice and one that may take you anywhere at any time.

Those men and women in uniform do not deserve the political hatreds we spend on our politicians at home. They are not part of the red/blue divide that we so happily go to war over ourselves. If you feel you must disrespect someone, try the guy you elected... and if you didn't take time to vote, just write a letter to the local newspaper.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My theory? What theory? That you are fighting for corporations? That should be evident by now, but I will hold out hope that someday you will figure it out.
How is the whole "nation building" working out over there? I really don't think bombs and bullets build nations, and I have not seen anything yet to change my mind in that regard.
As for me, I am not going anywhere I don't want to go. My friends and I watch each others back too, and we KNOW what we are fighting for. Someday, you will join us.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie

My theory? What theory? That you are fighting for corporations? That should be evident by now, but I will hold out hope that someday you will figure it out.
How is the whole "nation building" working out over there? I really don't think bombs and bullets build nations, and I have not seen anything yet to change my mind in that regard.
As for me, I am not going anywhere I don't want to go. My friends and I watch each others back too, and we KNOW what we are fighting for. Someday, you will join us.

So you were comfortable in Canada during the draft huh ?!!!! Or was it Mexico ???

I strongly suggest that you move out of the United States, you don't seem to understand what it takes to be American and free, hell I get it more than you do and I'm Canadian. Please move to Ghani, or Iran, maybe even Pakistan or heck try our good friends Israel and see how better off you will be there.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Please stop using the "fighting for my freedom" thing especially on this board where most people are awake to history and to current events. Killing tribes people who are defending their homes from invaders isn't fighting for my freedom. Most of these people haven't heard of 911 and can't even find America on a map. Most probably don't even have a map. lol.

We are there for Israel plain and simple. Chertoff, Zelikow, Wolfawitz, Pearle, Feith, Wormser (sp), Krystol, Zakheim. All got their master plan accomplished and our soldiers are paying the price.

You really want to fight for america's freedom get the Israeli agents out of the america government.

Again i do realize that all the soldiers over there do believe they are doing good. And I know they just want to be home with their families. I do believe that they are brainwashed to a certain extent though. The military has it down to a science.

edit on 30-11-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I no longer support my troops because they just DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD to earn a check. This is the reality of things. You know who i do support? The Vets that are getting their pension funds cut after sacrificing their lives for special interests and lies.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join