It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal 101..let the scam's roll out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well unlike us these guys get the very famous haunted locations so they have a much better chance of getting evidence. We do mostly houses and business in our local area so we don't pull that type of evidence but if you go on 50+ investigations a year all to places like moundsville or the myrtle plantation odds are you'll get 15 episodes with activity.

To expand on this too. They do 16 shows or so a year but do 1-2 investigations a week for 6 months or so. You're only really seeing the best of what they get.
edit on 11-11-2010 by WVGhostGuy because: Added information

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
reply to post by WVGhostGuy

Thats my problem with them. Everytime they crack one out they get results.

But you're wrong there... Because that's not true. I've watched plenty of these shows where they break out the EMF/K2 and get absolutely zilch. As I stated previously they RARELY if at all, say they've got something [esp on GH] and they'll make sure to analyse and over analyse again and again later on.

And as the other person said - We only see bits and pieces of what they do probably 2-3 times a week for a lot longer, each investigation which yes is for our entertainment purposes.

They need to do a "Paranormal channel" where each week one of these shows takes a turn filming/documenting an investigation WITHOUT Ad-breaks etc, constantly live. We know it'll never happen because that's not how the TV industry's run but it should be and maybe if they did; some people might actually believe they do a lot more work than what we see on the Television [which is what makes it SEEM as though there's always 'something' when you watch it.]

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

OK fair points from both of you, but what about the evidence thats been proven to be faked. As soon as fake comes in to the equation thats it for me personaly. They've lost all credability. Im a bit pushed for time right now but i'll find you the vids and articles where the stuff they claimed was paranormal at the time, got busted.

I think you'd have to be pretty niave to believe everything you see on T.V. There has been things caught that i have no doubt in my mind was paranormal. I still dont accept that all of it is though, and of this "evidence" the K2 and EMF sessions leave the most to be desired.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

The only videos of any kind of "Proof" I've seen of these shows being fake... Honestly? Are die-hard sceptics you couldn't turn over with a giant ladle screaming "Such and such episode of Ghost Hunters DEBUNKED BY ME!?!?!111ONE!!?!"

Where the "Proof" or "Evidence" is about as flimsy as the proof/evidence to a sceptic that Jason and Grant caught anything on that video to begin with.

I don't believe "everything" I see on these shows believe me. I pointed out in the 'are these shows fake debate' thread that I can guarantee that on most of the websites for these shows and/or at the top of the shows there's tiny print which states "A portion of the show is adapted for entertainment purposes" They're not allowed to class the shows as 100% legit for legal reasons anyway.

Both the scientific and religious worlds would drop into chaos.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I agree. That part was suppose to be a quote from another poster not from me. To be honest them finding nothing is even more realistic of the real deal. When you consider the number of cases they film and still have cases that have no evidence you can see how they really do have to work to get data.

I love to debunk and have debunked some things on the shows but have also seen things they missed. Remember gang that they, like us are not perfect people and things will slip by.

EDIT: A55A551N I wish the video section of our website was working because I'd love your feedback on a couple of them.
edit on 12-11-2010 by WVGhostGuy because: Updated for second message posted by A55A551N.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

OK fair points from both of you, but what about the evidence thats been proven to be faked. As soon as fake comes in to the equation thats it for me personaly. They've lost all credability. Im a bit pushed for time right now but i'll find you the vids and articles where the stuff they claimed was paranormal at the time, got busted.

I think you'd have to be pretty niave to believe everything you see on T.V. There has been things caught that i have no doubt in my mind was paranormal. I still dont accept that all of it is though, and of this "evidence" the K2 and EMF sessions leave the most to be desired.

The thing is with this type of activity (investigating) you have to really be there to know for certain that it's all on the level. There are groups like ours that have a sterling reputation but they're are others that give us all issues. Like I said before. To know for sure you really have to be there and see it for yourself.

A former TAPS member stated that some things were faked but you also have to think..... Was this said because it's true or because they were fired or released. It's tuff in life to know the reasons behind what's done and what's said.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WVGhostGuy

Well you could be right about the haters part. Most of the stuff i found had no real basis to disprove the evidence. So im not even going to bother putting it up because you can see theres no scientific evidence to back it up. There was one i watched that focused on Ghost hunters specificly and had scientists, tech experts and stuff like that but i cant find it. Anyways it still does'nt change my point of view. So it looks like were going to have to agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can agree to disagree.I think this has been, for the most part an interesting and informative conversation where both sides have shown good information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join