It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
I would take the educated opinion of Janes Missiles and Rockets over ANY MSM reports.
besides, that organization knows what they are talking about.

Well seems they are not such experts then

Los Angeles Missile Contrail Explained in Pictures
contrailscience.com...

And if you want to see what a real missile launched from Vandenburg in California at sunset looks like... this is a must see

www.freqofnature.com...

I can see those from Las Vegas... and that is 422 miles from Vandenberg to my house. And every time we see one in the western sky... the news media goes crazy, police stations get calls...

Missile lights up western sky, police switchboards
Friday, Sept. 20, 2002

An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile on an experimental flight lit up the Las Vegas Valley's western sky Thursday night. Concerned Las Vegas residents lit up the Metro Police switchboard with calls of a strange light in the sky as a white cone-shaped cloud formed over the Spring Mountains. The contrail zig-zagged over the horizon and mixed with the fading light to create an eerie glow. The spectacle was seen throughout California and even as far as Phoenix. The three-stage, solid-fuel missile is part of the Air Force's Force Development Evaluation Program. The Air Force termed the missile mission a success. The missile blasted out of an underground silo at Vandenberg Air Force Base north of Santa Barbara, Calif., about 7:30 p.m., an Air Force statement said.

edit on 14-11-2010 by zorgon because: Why? WHY must this be filled out? Makes NO SENSE! WHO REALLY CARES?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
I would take the educated opinion of Janes Missiles and Rockets over ANY MSM reports.
besides, that organization knows what they are talking about.

Well seems they are not such experts then
I used to think Jane's was good, but my respect for their editor just went down a couple of notches after reading that they think it's a missile because of the "smoke".

And if you want to see what a real missile launched from Vandenburg in California at sunset looks like... this is a must see

www.freqofnature.com...
Aside from the stage separation which is pretty cool, the brightness of the rocket exhaust is definitely lacking in the OP video, the faint red glimmer we see doesn't really compare. Those pictures show how bright a rocket exhaust can be. Cool pictures!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is a VERY important point, to all the "missile" believers. You oughta repost this in some other threads??

I can see those from Las Vegas... and that is 422 miles from Vandenberg to my house..

Given that same geopgraphy lesson, the LA area just being a wee bit south of Vandenberg and Ventura....any "missile" launched from just off the LA shoreline, at that time of day (sunset) would have been visible ALSO in Las Vegas, yes??? Possible?? Any reports in the Desert Sun newpaper? No?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Theres lots of different missiles. I highly doubt they are all visible from 400 miles and I don't really see what that has to do with this thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Here's an ATS thread about a missile launch from a year ago. HERA launch

This contrail was seen from about 600 miles away, seeming to the observers to be much closer.

You know, I can remember in the run up to war with Iraq, much was made of Saddam's missiles' capabilities. Little, and I mean little, was made then about North Korea's simultaneous sabre rattling about missiles that could strike America''s West Coast. Oh, no, then Iraq was the focus of attention, and not the threat of a West coast strike by North Korea.
What a bunch of bunk.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
CNN iReports - China Fired Missile Seen In Southern California
ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FidFed

NOPE!!! Check your source....it's that serial fraud of a "journalist" Wayne Madsen, again.

HE took another hoaxed "story" from the ever-prolific "Sorcha Faal" (check out the ATS threads on "her") and enhanced and embellished. Shame on CNN!!

Oh, and note also..."Info Wars"!! That means that Alex Jones is mixed up in it too. Same cast of shady characters, day in, day out....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhackerShame on CNN!!
Oh, and note also..."Info Wars"!! That means that Alex Jones is mixed up in it too. Same cast of shady characters, day in, day out....

Well look here is another point...

Another popular topic seems to be the "secrecy of launch dates". Launch dates are not kept secret, in fact they must issue warnings to boaters off the coast of California near the base days in advance of the expected launch time. Because of possible technical difficulties and weather conditions a specific time isn't set for the launch instead a window of several hours is set.

A Minuteman II missile was launched from Vandenberg Airforce Base at 7:00 PM carrying a dummy war head to a target in the central pacific were it would be intercepted as part of the anti-ballistic missile program. These photos were taken from the Ronald Regan Library in Simi Valley, which was quite fitting since the target location for the missile was the Ronald Reagan Missile Test Site on Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands.

www.freqofnature.com...

So... if we are launching ICBM's all the time and dropping them on a target in Kwajalien... how on Earth would some stupid 'secret' launch off LA be any 'show of force' to anyone?

ICBM's Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles do two things;

1) They fly a ballistic trajectory ALWAYS unless they fail in which case the self destruct in a nice display of pyrotechnics.
2) They go into SPACE then re-enter

NONE of the 'missile contrail' threads and news stories over the years show those characteristics

HOWEVER... the conspiracy here that we should be seriously concerned about is

WHY do these government 'officials' , ex military people that held top posts, MSM networks and defense 'experts' that most people trust...feed the flame and call it a missile?

THAT is what is important.

A retired General says its 100% a missile... yet his bosses say its an airplane
A Canadian spokesmen ... says 'model rocket'

"The Press Secretary for the Prime Minister's Office says there is no indication that there was ever a rocket launch - The PMO goes on to explain that the area is frequented by model rocket hobbyists, and the photo circulating may be a model rocket launch.

Okay so a model rocket was launched from a boat in the Atlantic Ocean in winter when its -29 celsius outside?

I have seen people post here saying they have years of military experience and its DEFINITELY a rocket... Well damn it, frankly that scares the hell out of me. These are the guys with their fingers on the launch button.. and they cannot tell a contrail from a passenger plane from a missile launch? Its a wonder more airliners are not shot down :shk:

We have spent days in these threads and cannot reach a difinitve conclusion. The Media is staill at it and youtube is just starting the BS campaign...

But is no one concerned at the stupidity of the responses by those we trust (or should be able to trust) to watch over us?

Seems to me that with this state of affairs any small country with a bone to pick could slip into LA waters next to three top NAVY facilities and pop off a missile... and all it does is make some news reporters all giddy and give CTers something to do for a week

Sad very sad

edit on 14-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So... if we are launching ICBM's all the time and dropping them on a target in Kwajalien... how on Earth would some stupid 'secret' launch off LA be any 'show of force' to anyone?

Here's a good video of that, doesn't look much like the OP video.

Minuteman III Missile Launch - California to Kwajalein Atoll

What surprised me a little is how much of an angle the dummy warheads trajectory is on when they impact. I didn't expect them to be falling straight down but I didn't know the angle would be that great.

I don't understand the "show of force" argument, the whole world knows about the nuclear armaments of the major nuclear powers, there have been plenty of demonstrations. The technology is old but one reason for the test in that video was to show the old missiles still work, and obviously they do.

Okay so a model rocket was launched from a boat in the Atlantic Ocean in winter when its -29 celsius outside?
Where did you get -29 Celsius from?

I don't think Los Angeles ever gets down to 0 degrees C in the winter because of the warm ocean currents off the coast. And even if it got to -29 would that stop an amateur rocket launch? They don't have the same O-ring seals the shuttle has to worry about I hope

I'm not arguing it's a rocket, it's not, but I had to ask about the -29C.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Amicus, i clearly see you like & respect Truth: according to your subconscious Will to follow Holy Verity, you repeatedly have posted evidence of not plane was flying there

reply to post by zorgon

Los Angeles Missile Contrail Explained in Pictures contrailscience.com...

A little remark, crucial word is "in Pictures": original source was video. in fact, video has been more credible material than photos because photo is more comfortable thing to fake

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Where did you get -29 Celsius from?

Sorry forgot the link to the Canadian incidence in January. Too many of these threads
and 4 hr edit time SUCKS

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
in fact, video has been more credible material than photos because photo is more comfortable thing to fake

Just like all the credible UFO videos on youtube?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

1) They fly a ballistic trajectory ALWAYS unless they fail in which case the self destruct in a nice display of pyrotechnics.

i have preferred to recognize it missile, but not ballistic: useful missile must be able to change its vector & speed of moving
moreover, ballistic missiles, too, can maneuver to escape defense systems
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-11-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Just like all the credible UFO videos on youtube?

where was i ever saying there're credible ufo videos?
if you called original video of missile got to be forgery, you should show well-proven evidence

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

I appreciate your insight but - would the Pentagon come out to comment on a contrail, would news agencies make mention of a contrail? If it was as easy as "perspective" and a contrail this wouldn't be such an issue across the board, right?

On another issue, I have read many comments that this launch was a display of power from some foreign power upset with the United States. If it were China, what would they stand to gain from the destruction of their debtor? They wont be repaid if the entity that owes them no longer exists, blowing up the U.S. would not serve their interest. Its really that simple. Does China want our fertile land... perhaps, but they already own most of it...what good would bombing it do?

One final consideration. The only thing the United States produces any longer is military might, weapons and war. The only thing produced in this Country is war, weapons of war and tools of destruction. No one wants to engage us on a large scale. Mutually assured destruction is all World War 3 would bring, any bombs dropped from an equally capable Country would bring nothing but mutually assured destruction for everyone involved, perhaps the entire Globe would suffer if such a thing ever occurred.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I appreciate your insight but - would the Pentagon come out to comment on a contrail, would news agencies make mention of a contrail? If it was as easy as "perspective" and a contrail this wouldn't be such an issue across the board, right?

if incandescent point wasn't, question would be exhausted: Yeah -- Nothing, except old-good perspective
but that cursed point...

On another issue, I have read many comments that this launch was a display of power from some foreign power upset with the United States.

yea, those conjectures groundless

perhaps the entire Globe would suffer if such a thing ever occurred.

eh, if humans always have followed Wisdom, we would be living in really another civilization with high-Advanced Cosmonautics

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

if incandescent point wasn't, question would be exhausted: Yeah -- Nothing, except old-good perspective
but that cursed point...

You forget about the green flash... but that "incandescent point" of yours was to brief to be a missile firing

But hey I wonder if the Russians will let me on board Sea Launch... Boeing wouldn't
even though I have Boeing contacts. Maybe the Russians will be more friendly... after all my grandfather was a tenor in the Don Kossack Choir

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK, so it was a plane contrail..
Phage and Weedwacker have done all the hard work and proven there was two planes at near the same locations, altitudes and time...
The conditions were obviously perfect for persistent contrails given the vid and pics we have seen...

So TWO perfect suspects and only ONE huge contrail??

Why would only one of them planes produce a contrail??

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You forget about the green flash... but that "incandescent point" of yours was to brief to be a missile firing .

huh, Amicus, i already said of it
missiles have mechanisms to regulate flow power of nozzles, power changing provides different temperatures &, as result, light intensity is being fluctuated according to

Maybe the Russians will be more friendly... after all my grandfather was a tenor in the Don Kossack Choir

try it out

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

i have preferred to recognize it missile, but not ballistic: useful missile must be able to change its vector & speed of moving
moreover, ballistic missiles, too, can maneuver to escape defense systems
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-11-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

I still think like the bulava soviet missile from tromso - there was course correction with this missile -

(here we go again!) and no one here has made a case for disproving it was a NEW type of missile

never seen before. Phage pretty much "shot down" everyone's missile theory, but i seem to recall

soviet antiship missiles (and the chinese would base some of their missile tech on soviet sub designs, no?)

had an initial rapid climb phase (but NOT ICBM speed at mach 18, rather building to mach 3) to HIGH

altitude, then they would arc down for a LOW altitude sea skimming approach beyond sea radar range

(100-125 nm), and strike the target. Many large soviet antiship missiles were Mach 2+ and had a very

long range (300 nm+).

Finally, i saw this:

(Ret.) Maj. General Tom McInerney on Fox

Gen. McInerney stated - repeatedly - it was a missile.

This man seems to have more experience with military flying machines than ALL of us, combined:

Gen. McInerney BIO - wiki link

So, I now humbly await weedwhacker and Phage's acidic reply to why this still is not a missile .

Admittedly the General doesn't give very specific reasons for a missile, but is very convincing nonetheless.

Like when I speak to a patient and tell them it's certainly a tumor based on its appearance on the scan,

and I've seen thousands - but don't give technical details cause that will overwhelm them. unless they ask.

Any thoughts on this video?

edit on 11/14/2010 by drphilxr because: spelling 2#$%

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join