It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Greeneyedleo is just fine
I got u2u from her but you know I can't post it without violating the T&C. Trust me she is fine. But her source... which I will vouch for as working at Cheyenne Mt 2nd wing space command that tracks these things is not allowed to make any official statement..and as such anything she can add is only hearsay anyway in this case

So don't worry its all cool

edit on 11-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ!

sorry for the all caps, ive been abusing them, but this guy has outdone us ALL!!!

LINK-> Amazing Cali analysis from the blogosphere!!

this is a link to the blog where there is a detailed analysis - the photo here is just an example of

his work.

edit on 11/11/2010 by drphilxr because: some people don't recognize url links

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If it was a vertical column of smoke, the side we are seeing would be facing away from the setting sun, and dark. The only way it could be lit up is if the sun is reflecting off the bottom of a horizontal contrail, and the only way it would be equally lit along it's entire length is if it were relatively the same altitude along it's length.

Edit to Add: Please point out to me where you see the sun in any of those pictures, to me it looks like it has already set, but even if it is "setting" or just above the horizon, the side of a vertical column of smoke facing us (east) would be dark.
edit on 11-11-2010 by DrZERO because: ETA

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I got u2u from her but you know I can't post it without violating the T&C. Trust me she is fine. But her source... which I will vouch for as working at Cheyenne Mt 2nd wing space command that tracks these things is not allowed to make any official statement..and as such anything she can add is only hearsay anyway in this case

Ahh thats good to hear. I wondered why she just suddenly dissapeared..
Though I'd watch what you say.

But her source... which I will vouch for as working at Cheyenne Mt 2nd wing space command that tracks these things is not allowed to make any official statement..and as such anything she can add is only hearsay anyway in this case

That will have everyone back onto "its a missile" theory..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
1993:

The Loral catalog of weapons for sale included the ARMY MLRS
missile, the AIM-9 Sidewinder and the Chaparral air defense
missile. In addition, the Loral catalog offered the very latest
in electronics

1999:

The Chinese military took quick notice of the U.S. carriers, and in 1999 the communist army Office of the Central Military Command wrote a report on future nuclear combat with the United States.

"China is not only a big country, but also possesses a nuclear arsenal that has long since been incorporated into the state warfare system and played a real role in our national defense," states the Chinese military commission report.

"During last crisis across the Taiwan Straits, the U.S. tried to blackmail us with their aircraft carrier(s), but when their spy satellites confirmed that our four nuclear submarines which used to be stationed at Lushun Harbor had disappeared, those politicians addicted to the Taiwan card could not imagine how worried their military commanders were," notes the Chinese army report.

2002:

Chinese general told threat against U.S.
unacceptable
By Bill Gertz
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The White House told a visiting Chinese general yesterday that
comments he made in 1995 suggesting China would use nuclear
weapons against Los Angeles were unacceptable.

2007:
The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

By MATTHEW HICKLEY

2010:

mysterious missile launch off the southern California coast

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO

If it was a vertical column of smoke, the side we are seeing would be facing away from the setting sun, and dark. The only way it could be lit up is if the sun is reflecting off the bottom of a horizontal contrail, and the only way it would be equally lit along it's entire length is if it were relatively the same altitude along it's length.

Did any of you "plane" crowd even watch the VIDEO? Kind of destroys the stills.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ!

sorry for the all caps, ive been abusing them, but this guy has outdone us ALL!!!

Amazing Cali analysis from the blogosphere!!

I'm sorry and I dont even want to go back to the missile theory but them pics are BS IMHO...
How far apart were they taken? Judging by the progress of the so called plane then its only a matter of a few seconds or a minute.
Look at the horizon and see how far the contrail has been blown left by a wind Phage stated was 75knots..
I'm calling BS !!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

If you read my post you would know I saw the video and originally thought it was a missile, but video or still, the smoke close to the horizon would be dark if it was at low altitudes such as a missile launch.

Edit to add: Also, why would the side closest to us be lit when the sun is setting on the far side of a "vertical column of smoke" that would have been emitted from a rocket/missile?
edit on 11-11-2010 by DrZERO because: ETA

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you read my post you would know I saw the video and originally thought it was a missile, but video or still, the smoke close to the horizon would be dark if it was at low altitudes such as a missile launch.

Why? This happened around 5pm..The sun hadn't set...
I'm not calling missile but I dont understand what you are saying...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I really think this is important. And still no new posts from her, no response U2U. And the mod who removed the thread I started about this said "she's on every day".

Maybe she got sick? Family emergency, internet down, computer issues, etc. Could someone that knows her ring her up?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Read zorgon's post above.
She's fine.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

edit on 11-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

Thanks. And I understand the source not being able to say anything. I won't press the issue any further.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

BackinBlack - did you read the linked blog?

that was an example pic simply to show the position of the object.

The blogger's summary, and impression, was that of a jet - flight 808.

feel better?

does anyone read any link here besides a few of us? or do we just jump up and

down at pictures?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

I read the whole link

But the pics still show the contrail on the horizon moving a very long way in a very short time.
I'm not knocking the blog, just the guy who took the pics.
Looks suss to me..At that distance that would be a HUGE shift to the left.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here's an enlargement of one of the new photos, contrast and brightness adjusted. What do you think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8823e46d4e0f.jpg[/atsimg]

FYI

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f3d8ce0428e.jpg[/atsimg]

www.missilethreat.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The sun-set in LA was at 4:53 on the 9th, therefore it would be on or near or below the horizon. If it was a vertical column of smoke, as a missile launch, the sun would have been on the far side of the smoke from the perspective of the person taking the picture, therefore the side facing the photographer would be dark. But it isn't, it's all lit up, because it is not a vertical column of smoke.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
More FYI

Typical ICBM Trajectory:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b7d422bafb9.jpg[/atsimg]
www.olive-drab.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

A quick check in member profile will show you when and were she posted last

10-11-2010 @ 08:15 AM

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
More FYI

Trident Missle launch

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c04e34a5af01.jpg[/atsimg]
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 11/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Why? This happened around 5pm..The sun hadn't set...
I'm not calling missile but I dont understand what you are saying...
This really is an important clue that helps us tell if it's a vertical smoke trail, or a constant altitude contrail, so it's good to ask.

If it's a vertical smoke trail, then as the sun sets, the bottom will not be lit by the sun as brightly as the top, so I would say looking for the top to get brighter on a missile launch is an even better clue, it will have less of the atmosphere to block sunlight as it gets higher.

If it's a constant altitude contrail, of a plane heading East, the "bottom" isn't closer to the ground, it's closer to the sun, so it will remain illuminated by the sun longer as the sun sets, but in this case the plane was getting less and less sunlight as it heads east. Remember, sunset on Earth isn't like a light switch going off like sunset on the moon, there's a gradient or a gradual darkening even before the sun dips below the horizon, due to the atmospheric scattering, so that's one reason a missile trail will be a little darker at the bottom even before the sun actually sets.

So hats off to DrZERO for figuring this out and I hope that backinblack and others can figure it out too because it's a vital clue.

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join