It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
OK I am a member at GLP and we were talking about the same situation and I just got banned and the thread in which we were talking about has disappeared, but all of the other threads are currently still operating as normal.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bryan2006

Just weird that it's only effecting certain people in certain places??

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes, so you can get on key.com right now? I may go check with a different location proxy and see what message I get

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am in Northeast Ohio and use US Bank but I am able to login to my account and was able to use my credit/debit card earlier today. Many of the other people at GLP were indicating that they were having problems with primarily the big banks BOA, Chase, Wells etc.

The thread over there is still gone but everything else over there is still operating as is.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
because of the fact that 11/06/10 was a numerical transpose of 09/11/01 I thoughtfully took all of the company money out of our account. on 05/11. This might be a factor. Many people were likely processing this, banks included.

link   
Ok, folks, let's see how long this new thread stays up and how far it goes if any.

Is YOUR ticket really valid to go on that train?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I kindly ask for only posts of truth. Let's try to keep off-topics limited as possible.
We need to focus on any help anyone who has a concience may give.
Every little bit helps.
also we must remember,
no sarcasm, ridicule etc. please. That new threa will be sensitive enough if folks have something
vital to say.
Let's give them the chance, and give them open ear, open mind and compassion.

Thank you everyone for your input. If anyone has comments, opinions regarding what someone is trying to reveal on this new thread I posted, please kindly voice your opinions here in this thread.

I will try to post this reminder repeatedly in this thread as well as in the next one.

I appreciate every ones time and thoughts.

link   

Originally posted by Longwalker
OK I am a member at GLP and we were talking about the same situation and I just got banned and the thread in which we were talking about has disappeared, but all of the other threads are currently still operating as normal.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?

Hi Longwalker,

Really, how disconcerting. What on earth could have happened to cause such drastic measures?

haha

Why do you think you were banned and why the disappearing thread?

No, I have not heard of anything similar happening with the topic-at-hand.

Star

link   
reply to post by bryan2006

I'd like to say what I want to say but my post would be removed!!!! Dammit it's down now I just checked...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hello longwalker, thank you for coming here. I am sorry to here things disappearing from GLP.

In my next thread, I am trying to get to the bottom of that.
I would be on EXTREME alert if not only our posts disappear, but ifthe entire sites are shut down.

I will go to the next thread and post something special just in case.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ok really not trying to be a troll. I just went to my bank US Bank and was able to cash out a couple hundred dollars from the ATM. I can still use the search function over there and the post is not showing up in their history. Here is the error message that I am getting when I try to post.

SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED -

Thank you for not stalking!

If you need help you can email [email protected]

we sometimes have to ban entire ISP Providers because of attacks on this website..

If you have been inadvertently caught up in one of these bans please accept our apologies email us and we will try to clear it up for you

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
today i withdrew 20 dollars from the us bank atm fine around 11 am or so

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

The problems that everyone seems to be talking about is isolated to the large cap banks ie BOA, Chase, Wells etc. These are the first dominos to fall in a collapse. The smaller cap banks have less exposure to the liquidity problems and will probably collapse but not as quickly as the large cap banks.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Exactly the reason why I use more than one bank. I made sure of that when I started tracking bank failures. As of yesterday, YTD losses to the FDIC: $19,139,820,000. $19 Billion went poof. The FDIC started the year at NEGATIVE $20 Billion. www.fdic.gov...

FUND BALANCE ($20,850)

Not the US biggest problem anyway since Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac will cost up to $700 Billion.
blogs.investors.com...

The taxpayer cost of bailing out mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, already at $148 billion, will likely rise to $280 billion and could balloon to $685 billion, according to Standard & Poor’s

And the Federal Reserve just started QE2 for $600 Billion.

The FDIC starting the year at -$20 Billion, and racking up another -$19 Billion is micenuts compared to the overall systemic losses.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longwalker
reply to post by tamenie

The problems that everyone seems to be talking about is isolated to the large cap banks ie BOA, Chase, Wells etc. These are the first dominos to fall in a collapse. The smaller cap banks have less exposure to the liquidity problems and will probably collapse but not as quickly as the large cap banks.
great i help support a family of 10 with a income of 46k a year in a #ty apartment looks like im going to be homless for shure

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lr308

maybe the m class solar flare we had today is taking effect with the electronics allredy? Is this possable?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Folk, KEEP your EYES open! I say this bank situation could be a distraction from something way fraken bigger.
Just thought I should post this.
Should I put this in another thread to get peoples attention?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Odd. I took all my money out of the bank yesterday(Friday) morning. That was just in case something happened over the weekend.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreaming
reply to post by lr308

maybe the m class solar flare we had today is taking effect with the electronics allredy? Is this possable?

i shure hope so but i think its implausibly as other electronics like cell phones should have been effected also.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

If there was a solar flare today it would not effect us this soon, usually have a couple of days before it hits us.
So I'd take that out of the equation.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dreaming

That could be the case, but that would most likely cause a larger systemic failure including the smaller cap banks as well. The problems that were discussed over there were specifically with the larger cap banks. I have not had a chance to scroll through this thread and see exactly what has been discussed here because I immediately saw this thread and decided to post what I know right away because of the premise of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join