It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Doctors now being told to push the Flu /H1N1 vaccine ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I agree about the school thing. A while ago I posted a thread on the vaccines, and how to get out of it, for those that weren't aware, but were afraid their kids wouldn't be able to attend school. Before I began homeschooling my children, I wasn't aware of the religious option. I was afraid at first to ask the school, so I called a local clinic for a "hypothetical" and argued with a nurse.

I asked her, that due to the side affects to vaccines, is it possible for my children to attend without it. She told me NO. I then asked her about the religious form, and she told me that would be the only way. I told her, so as long as I have a note, that says that I would assume "divine intervention" would protect them then it would be ok.

Her only answer was... YES.

Parents of children that do want to get them vaccinated are not told that other kids haven't got it, and attend. So I guess its just a "who you know" type of thing. I told my kids school my kids knew god. No questions asked. So, I signed the note and walked out. Since then my neighbor has told me that her kids are sooo sick, most of the kids in the school are, and are getting sent home regularly.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I know where I live in almost every grocery store and Walgreens, there is a big sign about flue shots. Walgreens is also offering a $3.00 coupon if you get a shot. I don't think the stores would be pushing the shots so hard if they weren't making money.

The flu shot is only supposed to be 10-50% effective. For the elderly it doesn't seem to prevent deaths either.
See this article:

minnesota.publicradio.org...

They guess each year what strains might be spread. (How do you predict something like that?) If they are wrong, the shot doesn't protect you.

Why aren't they pushing handwashing and having people stay home when they are sick. Just as important.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

When I was younger, I had an egg allergy so I couldn't take the shot. No one ever asked to see the allergist records.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have not had the flu shot in a very long time.

If a health care person asks me I say oh yes I get it the same place every year.

Which basically means no place every year.

I was the only person,that I know of at one place I worked at that did not get a shot.

Of course there was a couple of times I was there by myself because every one else was out sick.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

I would have been in a lot of trouble if they would have started asking me church questions because I'm agnostic, I did some research first, you know just in case, and nope, not ONE word, just the paper, it took me 15 min to argue with the nurse and 30 seconds to get out of it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So, rather than hold these physicians accountable (as it is highly illegal to receive money for higher rates of prescriptions from drug companies, you can even have your license revoked), you guys are just going to babble on about it online?

Are you kidding me? And you wonder why there might be a problem?

If you think your doctor, nurse, or PA is receiving money to push a drug or vaccine, DO SOMETHING! If you don't, you're simply part of the problem.

Ask your doctor, straight-forward, if he or she received any incentive from that specific company. Ask his nurses/receptionist if reps from that company come to the office often. Call the licensing board and ask if there were any financial transparency forms filed by the doctor and file a grievance that you're concerned about their behaviour.

As a physician, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to offer a patient a flu shot, but I also do so without being bribed by a drug company. If the patient refuses, so be it. Not my problem at that point, as they are legally and ethically allowed to be their own person and make their own decisions. I also keep all financial records transparent, regarding my medical practice in the hospital, and I am more than forthcoming about any possible conflicts of interest (of which I have none). Most physicians act similarly, but there are always bad apples.

So, in short, STOP RANTING ONLINE AND DO SOMETHING IN THE REAL WORLD IF THERE IS A PROBLEM. Sitting around and whining has never changed ANYTHING in life.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

The accountability doesn't need to be placed on physicians Doc. Accountability needs to be placed on insurance and pharmaceuticals. In earlier posts you can see that pharmacy technicians are pushing the vaccine as well. I know MDs took their oath with sincerity but when you're pushed between what's right for the patient and what's going to keep you in business you have a very tough choice to make. These companies have doctors in a chokehold. Look what happened to the doctors because of Nixon's HMO. They got caught between joining HMO under questionable contracts or the risk of losing all of their patients and going broke. When you have companies this big that have placed doctors and patients under their thumb for over 3 decades, how much change can we really make swiftly?

P.S. Doc was meant as a sign of respect and not in a condescending manner.

edit on 6-11-2010 by whynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whynow

The accountability should ABSOLUTELY be placed on the doctors. No physician in his right mind has to make a choice between keeping his/her clinic open and taking pharmaceutical bribes. If that were true, you would see physician salaries plummeting as they struggle to keep their doors open. What you DO see is quite the opposite: physician salaries, by and large, increase every year (with mild decreases in a few fields, like primary care).

Of course, in a perfect world, the pharmaceutical companies wouldn't be offering bribes (actually, in a perfect world, they wouldn't exist as private entities, in my opinion). However, only by keeping your physicians accountable and starving the pharmaceutical rep system can you, as a patient, make a difference.

P.S. I took Doc exactly as you meant it, and I completely appreciate your well-worded, well-thought out response. We need more like you on ATS! =)
edit on 11/6/2010 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is where I would have to respectfully disagree. Again, it's not just doctors pushing this vaccination but every pharmacy from the big names to the mom and pop. GlaxoSmithCline had a scandal from being accused of profiting from the swineflu vaccine. Doctors are only a small piece of the pie and you can't simply dry the profits from these companies just through turning down vaccines or calling the doctor out on it. I've been on painkillers on and off for 6 yrs. and the prescription each month would be well over $30 even though it only takes $0.30 give or take to make the pills. It cannot be expected for me to simply stop taking my meds to hurt the pharmaceuticals. What needs to be done is getting the word out and bringing more awareness so that come election time you know what platform to go for.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whynow
This is where I would have to respectfully disagree. Again, it's not just doctors pushing this vaccination but every pharmacy from the big names to the mom and pop. GlaxoSmithCline had a scandal from being accused of profiting from the swineflu vaccine. Doctors are only a small piece of the pie and you can't simply dry the profits from these companies just through turning down vaccines or calling the doctor out on it. I've been on painkillers on and off for 6 yrs. and the prescription each month would be well over $30 even though it only takes $0.30 give or take to make the pills. It cannot be expected for me to simply stop taking my meds to hurt the pharmaceuticals. What needs to be done is getting the word out and bringing more awareness so that come election time you know what platform to go for.

Oh, I certainly wouldn't recommend stopping treatments that you need. What I'm referring to is treatments that seem excessive, or which the physician can't explain. We had a physician kicked out of his practice group not too long ago for constantly writing his patients scripts for a new, expensive cholesterol drug, and none of us could figure out why he was choosing that one over the others, considering most of his patients (like mine) are uninsured or underinsured. It turns out, he was getting a nice bundle from the drug manufacturer (Pfizer, in this case). This is what I'm referring to. If a drug your doctor is giving you is expensive, or seems to be "out of no where", ask them why you need it. Ask them what they've read about it. You can even ask for copies of the papers. If all they can dig up for you are the papers that the drug rep brings with them (and they always do), which have the company named emblazoned across the top, maybe start digging a bit deeper into this doc's possible conflicts of interest.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
See I agree with that entirely so I suppose you're looking micro and I'm looking macro and thus the miscommunication on my part. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whynow
See I agree with that entirely so I suppose you're looking micro and I'm looking macro and thus the miscommunication on my part. My apologies.

No apologies necessary. We were simply looking at the same problem from two different vantage points.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
GooD GrieF ! H1N1 !

Here's a great link regarding H1N1 vaccine, along with the "STRAIGHT DOPE" from one of my favorite scientists, folks, and flat-out TOAD STOOL of all time, when it come to CHARACTER ASSASSINATION, that is !
Dr. Tony Fraudsie, > OOOPS ! <

I mean, Dr. Anthony Fauci. "SoRRy FolKs !"

forum.prisonplanet.com...

HeY VneZonyDostupa !

Dr. Etienne de Harven's on the phone, he wants to know where that "Electron Micrograph" is that you promised him of that H.I.V.-1 virus that YOU said you had personally isolated ? Perth Group's got the RUBEL'S just waiting for ya !

So why did ya skate from the Boyd Graves / H.I.V. / A.I.D.S. thread, you just uP & vanished like a fart in a Catagory 5 HURRICANE, you uP & did ?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

thanks NRE! i didn't know there was a religious exception in public schools. its great information to know for when i have kids someday. i will DEFINATELY take this same route.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I have been going to several facilities in my community for the past couple months and each time I show up with my Elderly family members they ask, wherever we go they have asked. It is ridiculous how much they are pushing this vaccine and flu shot.

Where have you been hiding?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The pharmacies and community centers, health departments and every where you look offering. It is not just the Dr.s.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I have been going to several facilities in my community for the past couple months and each time I show up with my Elderly family members they ask, wherever we go they have asked. It is ridiculous how much they are pushing this vaccine and flu shot.

Where have you been hiding?

That's because elderly folks are incredibly at-risk for flu, and are one of the highest mortality rates when it comes to this little bugger. If I were your elderly family member's doctor, I would push it, too.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha68
HeY VneZonyDostupa !

Dr. Etienne de Harven's on the phone, he wants to know where that "Electron Micrograph" is that you promised him of that H.I.V.-1 virus that YOU said you had personally isolated ? Perth Group's got the RUBEL'S just waiting for ya !

Please link me to the post where I claimed to have isolated HIV or created a micrograph. Otherwise, I'll have to ask you to stop the harassment, as you are violating the T and Cs.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago during a doctor's visit, I was asked if I wanted the "flu shot". I asked what kind of flu shot, and the nurse told me they had combined the flu shots this year, the seasonal flu and the "swine flu".

I said I didn't think so, and she said okay. It wasn't mentioned again. When the doctor came in I expected him to ask why I'd declined the flu shot, as I typically get the seasonal shot, but he didn't. It wasn't mentioned.

The next week, the young Interns from the University, came in my office, having had this shot the day before. They complained a little about their arms being sore. But the next day the complaints had stopped, and they haven't missed a day at the office, or mentioned their shots again.

I didn't hear of any coercion being used. It wasn't attempted with me.

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Interesting, so in the US docs are still trying to recoup all the millions they were forced to spend to buy it from big Pharma?

Here in Scotland my own doc told both my wife and I not to get it last time and that out of 5 Docs 4 Nurses and 4 admin staff only 1 had chosen to get the H1N1 jab.

What makes this all the more interesting and important is that my wife has a weak heart and chest having been on meds most of her life including high dosage steroids, inhalers and heart medication. Is she well? of course she is, she dosnt touch any vaccines.

respects...and say no to the needle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join