It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone know why my eyes hurt each time i wake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
ok. i have been having this for a long time now. each morning when i wake, my eyes hurt/feels sore for about 30min-1hr. during that time my vision is slightly blurry and i have a tendency to go closer to the monitor. fyi, i do not have corrective glasses.

any comments greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
lol, maybe you should not spend every waking moment on the comp. Take a break for the first hour after waking up, give your eyes a break.

---pineapple

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You would i say at a guess have a Dry eye syndrome going on early in the morning agent nothing to be worried about i get the same thing it can be a pain in the ass. Just use eye drops and bingo you cured
till you wake up a bit more and you body starts makinf tears to bath the eye like normal.

Heres some info
www.eri.harvard.edu...

All i can say is if your feeling worryed go see a doctor right now okay dont wait.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I snort water (sometimes with some Vit-B complex) to get 'swimming pool nose' to moisten the brain, followed with a delicate snort of garlic powder (not garlic salt) to avoid mild depression. I usually do it with my head back in bed so it soaks into my brain. Also you might rinse around your eyes with clear water to get rid of any salts, acids or other chems that may be residual on your skin. They can drift into the eye sometimes.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
yea maybe i shld spend less time in front of the pc but i cant. im hooked. its on 24/7 and i just switch off the monitor when i hit the sack. when i wake the first thing i do is switch on the monitor and then hit the toilet.

but seriously, im worried smthg is wrong here. my eyes really feel sore the minute i wake even before i look at the monitor. i have pretty good vision apart frm these morning bouts.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
thx all. my eyes could be suffering frm a dry environ. i check it out.
not too sure about the "snorting water"
last time i snorted water up my nose it gave me a huge headache.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
followed with a delicate snort of garlic powder (not garlic salt) to avoid mild depression.

Erm...come again?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Maby its time to get some reading glasses?
I also had the same problem, and with some
standard reading glasses (those of old people)
the problem went away and i could comp for
hours without tears (except with some of the
breaking story's)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hi agent,

As you spend so much time on your pc, you might like to check out this site.

www.crazycolour.com...

Its got lots of tips to reduce eye strain, and is especially relevant to people like us addicted to their pcs.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
thx for the link and advise folks.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sounds weird but try wearing UV blocking sunglasses, the radiation glare from the PC screen can give you problems. The other advise is good, Liquid Tears its OTC at wallmart, and face rinses.

They make UV blocking screens for your puter but they effect visual acuity if you are a gamer...

Prolonged staring into the screen will cause blurry vision and eye pain.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Pain upon wakening from sleep: most of the explainations are pretty good, with glaucoma you get slow loss of your visual fields.
Most common cause is drying of the conjunctivia (whites of your eyes), you may want to correlate it to allergy season where ever you live,, again Liquid Tears is a cheap over the counter way to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hi agent!

Sorry to hear about your eye problems: as others have suggested, you'd be well advised to go for an eye check, just in case there's something that needs attention.

Information about using VDU's is published by our Health&Safety Executive here and this contains this advice:

"breaks should be taken before the onset of fatigue, not in order to recuperate and when performance is at a maximum, before productivity reduces. The timing of the break is more important than its length;
breaks or changes of activity should be included in working time. They should reduce the workload at the screen, i.e. should not result in a higher pace or intensity of work on account of their introduction;

short, frequent breaks are more satisfactory than occasional, longer breaks: e.g., a 5-10 minute break after 50-60 minutes continuous screen and/or keyboard work is likely to be better than a 15 minute break every 2 hours;

if possible, breaks should be taken away from the screen;
Informal breaks, that is time spent not viewing the screen (e.g. on other tasks), appear from study evidence to be more effective in relieving visual fatigue than formal rest breaks;

wherever practicable, users should be allowed some discretion as to how they carry out tasks; individual control over the nature and pace of work allows optimal distribution of effort over the working day. "

I hope that helps? Good luck!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
you may want to set your monitor at a higher refresh rate as it reduces flicker, you should see a dramatic change at 75 hz but if you can take it higher then all the better.
your eyes will love you for it

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by agent

i have the same thing...but im never really on the computer and i can see farther then everyone in my class (grade)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe you should see an Opthamologist

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by agent

I have the same problem but only seasonal, if you have allergies that could be the cause.

Still when my eyes are the most sensitive I keep re wetting drops by my bed table and the first thing I do in the morning as I wake up is moisturize them.

When I don't have the drops I just flush them with water.

But like many have said already you may have an acute case of nothing more than dry eyes.

Still it doesn't help getting a check up with your eye doctor.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Staring at the computer screen forces your eyes to focus on a very limited range of depth perception. Your eyes can hurt when they try to readjust to seeing things in 3D.

As for the possibility of seasonal allergies: I find that the salt in tears damages the skin after drying up. When new tears spill on top of the damaged skin, it's like rubbing salt into a wound. Using lotion protects the skin from this.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have a great idea to help you with the PC

Order what is known as an anti-glare filter for your screen

They are amazing

Also, for allergies look into a device called a Neti Pot

-Kyo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join