It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your fail-safe firearm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I like WW2 war relics opposed to full auto capable assault type rifles and ultra high capacity semi automatic pistols.... I can't count the times I was stuck to the side of a hill in the jungle while a little bitty yellow skinned man with a Mosin Nagant killed one Marine after another when they exposed them selves and lit up the night with blinding full auto muzzle flashes from a M-16.... One shot, one dead Marine for hours at a time..... War relics like the Garand M1 carbine, Mosin Nagant, 303 Enfield, John Inglis Hi Power pistols with elevating sights and holster stock are classified as non weapons and will not be as likely to be sought out when the occupying bad guys come gathering up what the government has records of being in your possession. An extremely accurate .22 rifle will prove to be the most valuable firearm you can possess while laying low and it can bring down deer with no problem with an eyeball using hot L.R. hollow points.... A system of heavily reinforced underground living facilities that are difficult to see that you can hole up in will save ammunition and allow daytime resting for night reconnaissance ..... Save energy, ammo, and your lives by avoiding units that will cost lives and save the full auto burst for when you need to break contact.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Does anyone have experience with the CZ's ? I like the old 45 from usmc days but can't find those. Would like something newer with the knock down power of the 45.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Mine would be a 1911 .45 with military ball ammo or equivalent load or a Walther P38 with 9mm+p ammo.(It was designed to use "hot" German MP40 ammo. US ammo is loaded to be safe in the weakest guns out there.)

With military grade ammo both these are highly reliable.
The biggest problem with the 1911 is using non military ammo without tuning it for the ammo.
Many cops still use 1911s

The P38 has a advantage in that its double action and the trigger can be pulled again if it does not fire the first time.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I have to agree with you on this selection. Especially the Mosin Nagant. For less than $100 for the rifle and about $200 for 1,000 rounds of steel core ammo it is hard to find a cheaper, more reliable, and more accurate, and deadly issue for your zombie fighters.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
Handgun: A revolver, either a Ruger or Colt. Revolvers never jam or fail to eject

Wanna bet? They're "less likely" but being that they are also mechanical devices, they most certainly can jam, and a casing most certainly can become so tightly bound in the cylinder as to not eject.

Rifle, I have to second the person above who brought up the AK-47. I don't know of any other rifle out that can take the abuse an AK can.

Now you're talking!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by hypervigilant

I have to agree with you on this selection. Especially the Mosin Nagant. For less than $100 for the rifle and about $200 for 1,000 rounds of steel core ammo it is hard to find a cheaper, more reliable, and more accurate, and deadly issue for your zombie fighters.
I bought a Mosin Nagant at Sears Roebuck over the phone and picked it up when it was shipped to the retail stores catalog order desk in 1963.... It set me back $13.10 with 50 rounds of military ammo and the rifle was in great condition and covered inside and out with cosmoline. It was probably the best deal I have ever gotten on a firearm.... Can you imagine a 13 year old kid doing that now ?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There is one weapon i would choose as a fallout weapon.

AK74 - accurate,never jams,very fast rate of fire,cheap (about 600 usd), fires hard hitting surplus russian ammo!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A vote for the CZ p-01 police in 9mm. Best feeling, most accurate handgun I have ever felt. NATO tested.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As far as a handgun if you're primary focus is reliability even a cheap revolver can take more abuse than most autos could even dream of.

As far as a rifle I might catch some flak for this but I'm going to go with the IMI Galil an Israeli made AK pattern assault rifle with a nice folding stock chambered in 5.56, much more accurate than your run of the mill x39 AK and still retains the reliability. Even has reciprocating charging handle allowing you to get it to lock up in almost any situation. If I can find a copy online a SWAT magazine torture tested assault rifles in extreme conditions and the Galil came out on top in almost every category. Thats going to be my next purchase when I can find a clean one for a decent price.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDave-AR

Lots of good weapons available, but I'd agree that the IMI Galil is bullet-proof reliable.

My choice would be the 7.62 version.

More grunt.

Less rounds required.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebel21
There is one weapon i would choose as a fallout weapon.

AK74 - accurate,never jams,very fast rate of fire,cheap (about 600 usd), fires hard hitting surplus russian ammo!!!

Ak74 is fantastic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
AK-47 all the way.

I mean, you can fire the damn thing underwater.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kimkim3074

I may be one of the few people that actually going to say that I prefer the 5.56 especially in a mobile situation where the weight and amount of ammunition you can carry are major factors. Plus with the added accuracy of the inherently accurate 5.56 I can have more rounds right on target and very accurate follow up shots. Not to mention the x39 Galil were not nearly as prevalent and did not have the same reliability, the Galil was one of the few AK pattern rifles designed around the 5.56.

Anyone looking for more information on the Galil the people over at UziTalk forums are good knowledgeable people on the platform.

Link to SWAT tests of the Galil vs. other assault rifles in extreme conditions.

www.uzitalk.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Glock 27 40 S&W, never ever failed to go boom nor has my S&W 642 airweight. If you want a guaranteed boom, good revolvers are hard to beat. For a semi rifle the Mini 14's are a good bang for the buck. I like my Ruger M77/MII bolt in a 223, less to go wrong, very accurate and lethal with Nossler tips.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join