It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your fail-safe firearm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Glock 21-3.5lb trigger spring, wolf recoil spring 17lb upgrade

13 rounds of 45acp Gold dot 97% one shot stop...

O jams uncleaned for last 500 rounds

Beat that..Oh I'm sorry you can't!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I guess I will throw mine in as well
win 30-30 leaver till I ran out of ammo love the gun have had 1 for 20 yrs never let me down
for a side arm my glock 30 it has a little more weight than a 19 but it helps with the recoil
for up close and personal my trusty ESC Black Eagle II in 50/70 lbs draw

Im not planning on a strait forward fight they will have to find me in the mountains
thous are just the one that are really portable and can be in the truck in five

like my mother in law tells me I have enough fire power to pull off a coup
edit on 6-11-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Fail Zero Coatings

lubrication free bolt group upgrade for AR 15 and 1911's

it basically makes you able to put 5 to 7 thousand rounds through a rifle without cleaning it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sorry I guess Rifles are included, swore the op stated "pistols"

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Use your brain

I agree, my Glock may be reliable, but my buddy's 1911 feels WAY better in my hand, and I'm a much better shot with it. The Glock is deadly accurate, but I think it has a stiff trigger, I tend to shoot left with it. Ill do a bit of trigger work on it and see what happens. The Glock grip is too fat for comfort.

But if your asking for reliability....its a Glock in my opinion. The 357 sig is a wicked round as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
100 foot wide and 100 foot high target?

What the hell are you trying to hit?

A 7mm won't take out a target like that. Maybe an RPG with an armor piercing round?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It was a generalization. The intent was to imagine a gigantic paper target, so accuracy, ballistics and the like were excluded. The only prerequisite is that it fires in semi or fully automatic fashion.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I understand the question and the answer for me is an AK-47.

However, in real life and based on real life experience from here on my farm....a single shot 12 ga. shot gun. Cost me 59.99 new....have never been cleaned it in 15 years, it sits/lays/falls out of my truck and has seen mud/muck/rain/floods/heat/saw dust/hog blood/hay/manure of all types...yet it still fires and operates as good as the day I bought it. It is a valuable tool here on my farm and it is usually my first gun of choice and availability.... shot snakes/buzzards/coyotes/wild dogs/pigs/varmints/rabbits/squirrels etc....with the aproppriate shot of course.

Also, cheap to shoot..... yup, give me my little kit, a good hunting knife, my bandalero of shells and my 12 ga.

God Bless America.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
After looking around I think my newest handgun is going to be a fail zero 1911 kit (if I can get it in the HI cap wide frame style) retrofitted for 7.62 tokarev with a compensated long barrel...

Still got to work out the proper mix of parts to make it work... been wanting to put myself together a full frame double stack tokarev pistol for awhile now... I figure with 6 inches of heavy barrel minimum and the compensator I won't have the INSANE muzzle flash.

And yes 1911's that take tokarev are possible for those wondering...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
For pistol my Springfield xd tactical. It's never failed me.
For rifle my dpms panther 308. Also never failed me.

I have a dozen or so pistols butif someone breaks into my house the only thing i need is my springfield xd. I know for a 100% fact that it will work and it always puts the round where i'm aiming.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
dpms Ar10 lr308 auto

but i'd stick to a remington 800 in 7mm if we could include bolt actions

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ok, I'll weigh in... Carried one of Mr. Stoner's black rifles for many years in a duty capacity... Don't hate them, but don't own one anymore either. I own a Saiga.223. (It's a RUSSIAN rifle with chrome bore and barrel, made at the Izhmash factory on the same production line as the AK102) I have an AR mag adapter so I can run AR mags, or I run East German steel milsurp mags, IMI Galil mags (steel or orlite), even "crappy" Tapco Galil mags run flawlessly. I also have an AR-style buffer tube and an VLTOR IMOD stock. Topped with a Aimpoint micro riding an Ultimak rail/gas tube. Goes bang every time, and as accurate, or better than any AR I've shot.

Additionally, this Kalashnikov platform is also available in "standard" AK calibers 5.45, and 7.62x39. It is also available in 5.56x45 (.223 Rem, but the Saiga will chamber and shoot milspec ammo- is IS "milspec"!) as well as 7.62x51 (7.62 NATO, or .308)! Here's the REAL fun... this platform is ALSO available in .410, .20, and .12 guage! Ever see a semi-shotgun on a super reliable AK platform??!!?? There are 20 round drums available for the -12's. Seriously- a great "ballistic breaching" tool!

Up close, SA 1911 or Mossy 590 Mil.

Some day when I have some money, I'll get a DSA para carbine for midrange. (Read: never)

Accept no substitutes. All of these are time tested and combat proven weapons. Just look at what the majority of the people you know that have ACTUALLY BTDT have in their gun safe, and do your homework.

Crap, is this Glock talk? I thought there was a ninja in here...

lonelymachines.org... (for laughs, and fond old memories)
edit on 8/11/10 by cbianchi513 because: To clarify and add link

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Wow brother, I've seen some pecker head internet special deployment jump force tactical commandotards on the internet before, but gecko45 takes the cake. Never read it, had me laughing all the way through.

When soc forces fail and any available ass is 15 minutes out, call the "RTF," assuming it's a life threatening situation and they call Barney Fife and make sure it's okay, THEN and only then they may or may not hit you with a 20 ga. bean bag round. Classic stuff, I know a few boys who will get a kick out of that. Thanks.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sig P226 & Sig P239 for handguns

Remington 870 for a shotgun

Mosin Nagant 91-30 is probably my most dependable rifle.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i keep a double barrel 12 ga. around

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I bought this bolt for my ar15. Throw in a titanium firing pin, and your golden.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I know I will catch a lot of flak for this, but I dont go anywhere without my SW Sigma 40ve. Lots of people give it a bad rap, but so far...with over 1500 rounds in combination of reloads, WWB and Hornady (EDC ammo), it hasn't given me cause for concern. I had one FTF from a reload, but other than that, its eaten everything I've thrown at it.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have to say of all of the rifles I have for reliability and defense in a zombi apocalypse situation I have to go with me cheap but reliable Charter Arms FN FAL. It is chambered in 308 or 7.62 x 51 and the ammo is fairly cheap purchased in bulk. I have honed my skilled out to 800 meters but can reliably hit targets to 600 meters without problem if there is not a lot of wind. The bullet has awesome terminal ballistics and is available in all kinds of special types including incendiary, AP, and tracer. There is a lot of different makes and I am sure everyone is going to have their own story but with the folding stock on mine it is easy to store in the boot of the car or carry on my side. If I had only one gun in a world turned to crap this would be my one gun..

I

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I love my saiga 12

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If I absolutely knew it had to go bang? I'd go with a Glock 19. My full size M&P 9 has close to 2500 rounds downrange now though and with only 3 FTF's that were due to bad primers, I'm feeling confidant with that bad boy on my hip as well.
edit on 11/29/10 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join