It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to overcome Satan!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes, I said it! You all read it at loud. "I have to overcome Satan!" My stance on Satan is that he is a tempter. Barging me with my pride. I feel that finding myself in Judaism will have me defeat Satan in order to become a true human. Thank you G-d for the honor. I just hope I don't make a lot of sacrifices.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Yes, I said it! You all read it at loud. "I have to overcome Satan!" My stance on Satan is that he is a tempter. Barging me with my pride. I feel that finding myself in Judaism will have me defeat Satan in order to become a true human. Thank you G-d for the honor. I just hope I don't make a lot of sacrifices.

We need to chip in and get you some sort of trophy for job well done and another thread well done.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
*jawn*

sorry...you bored or something?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I didn't think "proud atheists" fight fictional characters in real life

...in order to become a true human

Are you implying others are not "true" humans?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

There I edit it! Does it not offend you anymore?
I love being a Jew!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Indeed.

The most uber-Atheist that I've ever witnessed has fallen to his knees? I go so far to claim that he's gone completely rogue on his long-held belief system?

This spiritual pimp-slapping from GOD that's shaken you to the core...Was it so concept-shattering, that life for you at this time, has left you in a state of emotional-checkmate?

The poor guy is so ashamed of himself, that he even can't bear the burden of typing-out the letters G-O-D in sentence!

It's OK to admit you were wrong. Really, it is! It's common truth, that this is just part of the healing process. So go ahead: Say, "I was wrong!"
We can get through this together, alright?

Sometimes, in moments such as these, this epic tragedy we call life, lets us know that someone out there is down with you forever. GOD; The proverbial man behind the curtain, probably just chuckles to himself whilst everyday he bestows a little enlightenment on the deserving soul.

Looks like you got your enlightenment on! Congrats!

Edit: To be read with extra sarcasm. Last time I called out your Atheism in a thread, you turned off your sarcasm detector upon engagement. Whatever is going down in your world, I hope it's all gravy baby!

Pz & lovins in your general direction...

Edit: Realization that you aren't female sets in. Editing of post to reflect this knowledge...done!
edit on 3-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

There I edit it! Does it not offend you anymore?
I love being a Jew!

I was never offended

Do you feel better now?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well then, I dusted off my horns.. lets throw down!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Horns? You must be thinking of the Christian version of Satan. Typical! Satan is an Angel in Judaism. Which I view every person is supposed to overcome.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I feel so much better I can yell it off the top of my lungs! I feel good! nanananan! Yeah!
Sing it with me now!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Naw I'm good, just keep up the fantastic threads.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
One becomes a "proud Jew" in a mere matter of days?

I never knew it was that *easy
edit on 3-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

oh my wings... yeah got them too.. like I said, dusted off the horns. had to put them away for a while..

regardless... why don't ya go eat some non kosher food.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

well I'm a "he" not a female. Let's just get that out of the way right now. I don't spell out G-d because Jews don't do that. It's simply not allowed.
Source

We do not write G-d's name in a place where it may be discarded or erased. Treating G-d's name with reverence is a way to give respect to G-d. So even though on a computer the name is not really being erased (and perhaps is not really there in the first place), and "G-d" is only an English term used to translate G-d's holy name, it is in keeping with this respect that I write "G-d" in my emails and on-line articles.

Since I'm new to Judaism I don't much yet to explain my beliefs in life. Yet it wasn't Atheism to blame. It was my greediness and rudeness in life. I want to become the simple man and find peace in life.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Not in a mere days. It takes time! I decided months ago I wanted to become a Jew and then I finally got word to come be apart of the local Synagogue which took a lot of guts.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Ah...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yep! Hopefully tomorrow I can get a suit and some fancy shoes. I want to have a good first impression when i walk in and talk to everyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Don't worry about it! There is no Satan. You will be fine.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Though I realize your recent swallowing of this universal truth, and inevitable enlightenment to the fact that GOD indeed exists, has nothing to do with the stunning concepts conveyed in the following video that I humbly present to you. Yet I feel that the uplifting message that lies within this holy media, sent from above, can stand boldly as a semi-appropriate theme-song which you can blast for spiritual empowerment during this holy transformation process.

Do enjoy...

Wham! How ya' like that now?
edit on 3-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I'm so gonna regret asking this...
What's KJV?

DOH.
I'm with ya... Lol
edit on 3-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join