It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old Girl Gives Birth!! What is the World Coming to?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I'm not arguing that. If it were here in the states, I would be just as outraged because we've been through the trials and errors and come to a consensus about where the lines should be drawn.

Just because we have, does not mean that everywhere else in the world has. To berate and condemn a society that has not evolved to that point yet is not a good thing. That's why the West gets such animosity from the corners of the world. We had the right to make our mistakes and learn from them as a society, it would be hypocritical to not allow others to do the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Ten is too young to have sex or children.

Too young mentally and physically - in any culture.

Period.

I remember my thought processes at 10. At 10, one has no idea what is really going on.

15, 16 that is a different story. Still too young but now, sadly common.

No, I wasn't violently raped, I was gently raped - and even that left it's mark upon my soul.

How old were you?

Did you chose where, when and with whom? Were you old enough to at least know what was going on?

Sorry, at ten, from experience, I was not emotionally or physically ready.

You probably had a choice so you do not care if anyone else does not.

If this was an arranged marriage, that still sucks big time and is primitively out of date and wrong on so many levels.

I stand steadfast in honoring that children be cherished and treated as children and not have to enter an adult world at 10.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I'm not debating 10 is too young. In my personal opinion it is too.

See, here's the thing. I hate dealing with social issues that do not have clear black and white answers. Everyone draws the line in a different spot and can never agree. So where do you draw the line? A few have already said that 15-16 is a different story. Here in the states even that age is wrong.

If the majority of people in that culture are to the consensus that 10 is a proper age, do you step in to intervene? Would we allow a foreign culture to come in and tell us we must change because they don't agree with something we are doing?

I do not condone this, so please understand the point I'm trying to make.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I agree.

Recently, I watched a news special on the child sex trade in Thailand. They showed 9/10/11 year olds soliciting grown men for sexual favors. It made me want to cry, these children had no innocence left. You could see in their little kid eyes, that there was a darkness and a maturity that shouldnt even be in an 80 year old person.

Yes, the culture is different, and one could say that it is almost common place there. But, these little girls were either abandoned at birth, kidnapped, or just orphaned and had to find a way to fend for themselves. Sadly, there are people who travel from far and wide to take them up on their offers.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Good post and I now understand where you are coming from.

Most 10 year olds will not invite a boyfriend over at 3:30 PM to do the horizontal bop (While mom and dad are still at work). (Three of my friends have had daughters pregnant at (1) 15 & (2) 16 / but they chose).

Most 10 year olds would not say "I do" in a marriage ceremony without being forced.

Yes, I also agree that 15/16 is too young as well.

BUT and this is my point .................many 15, 16 year olds because of our slutty culture, now want to - decide to - choose to (those are the key words) of their own free will, to become sexually active.

No ten year old chooses to be sexually active. They are forced into it and that is what riles me up.

My grand daughter is 9-1/2 and still such a sweet little innocent baby. She hasn't a clue as to how the world works yet.

The thought of someone, anyone touching her would drive me to murder literally and I am a nice law abiding person under normal circumstances.

What is the right age?

When the individual decides for themselves and they have been hopefully instructed by their mother, father, grandma or favorite aunt on the repercussions of becoming sexually active and given access to good medical care and birth control.

At 15, 16 (yes still in my opinion way too young) - they at least can understand some of the big picture and make the choice (however stupid) themselves - of their own free will.

Again, free will is the key word here.

No child should be forced to become sexually active at ten. I doubt if there are any ten year olds anywhere that want to be sexually active, their free will was violated.

Again, I speak from experience. I hadn't a clue as to what was what..........not a clue, it was all beyond me until years later.

And, I was lucky, my experience wasn't violent, it was just being taken advantage of in a gentle sort of way.

edit on 3-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Society has brainwashed you into thinking this is appalling. When in reality, as early as 3 or 4 hundred years ago, this was happening. The life expectancy was much shorter and children (yes children) were conceiving this early. Nothing new.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think everybody should look at threre own culture before they get all judgmental on this, yes 10 is to young but guess what it happens everywhere, I think it was some months ago on this site that people were arguing about a 12 yr old in britain or something, that got pregnant at a party, and the mother was going to take care of both of them. So I'm pretty sure it can happen anywere even in the great old USA, not only by some roma/gypsy who lifes in romania or spain or whatever. And the sexual trade is everywhere by different routes in different guises in every country, both of the to young, or the right age, or any legal limit you want to impose, but this story does not seem to be about that, it's seems to be about different mindframes and coultures.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Exactly. Nobody seems to have an issue with the fact that sex with a child less than the age of 12 is a class A Felony. Additionally, at this young age of development, as with young teens, the child's health is severely jeopardized, as the fetus absorbs the growing child's nutrients, often leaving the pregnant child medically fragile.

I had an 11 year old I worked with, die due to the strain on her heart during a pregnancy, the result of child abuse from her step father. I don't know the facts of this current case, but I can tell you that typically when a child this young gets pregnant the abuser is a family member.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Damn 10 y/o good luck

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've known children that have been more mature and capable than most adults I know.

Hopefully she's like this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

In 100% agreement!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
At the age of ten you are a child. Children shouldn't be having children. I don't care what culture you are. Nothing can justify a little girl being ready for parenthood. In my opinion it is wrong and I don't care who disagrees.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

This makes no sense. Why would we be biologically wired to be able to reproduce at ages that can diminish our ability to breed offspring further on (by weakening the mother's own development)?

Do any other species do this? Allow pregnancy at biologically dangerous young ages?

If it were so biologically harmful to get pregnant at such a young age, nature would've put a stop to it.

We were put here. By sumptin'.

*harumph*

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by jexmo

Who says it's not right? Who exactly has the right to determine who can have sex and when? Who gave this person the right to assert their views on the lives of others? Why is it not possible to let others live their lives without judgment? Why not worry about your own community rather than jumping up and down about a kid living a life you know nothing about in a place you have nothing to do with? Worry about your own surroundings. Take care of those in need in your own neighborhood and leave other people to their own affairs.

None of us know anything of the situation other than she now has a baby. Good for her! Lots of people spend lots of time and money trying to have babies. Lots of people have babies who really shouldn't. I'll bet there are those people near you too. Just live and let live. Wish this girl well in your heart and be done with the thing.

It's because of the very strong possibility of non-consensual sex. (you know, rape, in this case child rape)

-rrr

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

The only part I disagree about here is the suggestion that the world is "getting worse". Not necessarily true, the world has always had people who pray on children. And all kind of sexual orientations and behaviors outside the mainstream have always existed.

The biggest change IMHO is that women are more recognized and empowered sexually in this day and age than just 50 years ago, which happens to be a positive change.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There are two issues.
Firstly, as a ten year old who is pregnant she has been subjected to statutory rape.
Surely this is being thoroughly investigated. Suggestions this is acceptable in any
way shape or form is endorsing Paedophilia, morally reprehensible, illegal and wrong.

Secondly, the baby may well be bought up by the girl and her family in a totally loving
and caring environment. There isnt enough known about the family to even remotely
come to a conclusion.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

If it were so biologically harmful to get pregnant at such a young age, nature would've put a stop to it.

You would think so, however it's not necessarily the case. My thoughts are that all the hormones and junk they are putting in our meat/food supply is triggering an unnatural and premature puberty in some cases.

Also, one has to consider not only physical maturation for giving birth, but also other factors, such as social readiness, and the capacity to put another's needs before your own. In other words, one must be able to meet one's own needs before they can meet anothers. A child that young is not able to meet their own needs yet, there are too many obstacles and developmental milestones which have not been met.

So it's not just a matter of the ability to physically give birth. There are many other considerations. Most children this age are not even allowed to date, and clearly this girl was molested. I don't think she is ready for motherhood. Do you?

link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Pick up a few history books, as hard as it might be to believe in some
ways the world is a better place.

You said it.
In the age of information people are just getting access to a lot more stories like this.

Even still...there is a LOT of other things that simply don't make the radar.
There are places in the world where you can go and rent a 10-year-old slave for the day.

This is the reality that too many people are oblivious to.
So this single story seems to them like the world has suddenly gone mad.

The world is as good or bad as it has always been.
As you said, in some ways, it's a lot better.

- Lee
edit on 3-11-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by davidhanover

This is across two countries, possibly neither one knows what to do. I'm pretty sure Romanians have lax stipulations on matters of this nature. Of all the interesting things I learned, this was never brought up when I would talk with my Romanian friends. I have no clue about the laws in Spain.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah, it is gross and disturbing... But you act like you have never heard of such a thing. Things like this have happened since man first came into existence... Some times children get raped, some times kids get curious and screw around. Things happen.

Not all that surprising, really. Yes, it is a problem and a major one at that.... But not nearly as shocking as you seem to think it is, which is a sad thing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join