It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old Girl Gives Birth!! What is the World Coming to?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Sympathize for the individuals who don't like the system. That's what you're supposed to do. What would you suggest? Staging an overthrow of the Romanian government just because a social issue offends western ideals? Really. What, short of that, can you do to make a difference? Make a difference to those you face daily in your life not people you only know by way of internet. Societies must change from the inside. They must grow, not be molded in someone else's image.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
why?

If someone WANTS to step on your toes and in their culture it's ok then why should 'they' run like the wind.

How do the two compare? This thread is about two young people who had sex, producing a baby and affecting no one but themselves. The quote from my sig is referring to one persons willful actions upon another and the English tendency to "not cause a fuss" unless pushed.

Originally posted by yzzyUK
This isn't about how well this female will cope with parenting... This is about the abuse of minors by certain cultures for financial gains by parents.

Abuse of minors for financial gain? How? What? Seriously, this isn't the first post in this thread making claims of child prostitution or peadophilia, neither of which is relevant in this case. It is simply two young people who had sex. It isn;t the mother pimping off her daughter so she can have 5 extra goats, nor is it her father sharing her with his friends.

You call me an apologist, but I rather think I am being a realist and you lot are being alarmists over something that has been going on for centuries across the world.

Remember, the premise of the thread was "What is today's world coming too?" I countered with "It's better than it was, stop panicking". There was no molestation by an older man, nor does it appear her mother has gained anything from this. If anything, she is proabbly going to lose alot once Child protection peeps get involved.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
wasnt adam and eve around 9-13 when they had their first born

humans are just a silly species blinded by it self

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
While I find this morally difficult to see "fit", if you will, is it not a miracle every time a child is born? 10, 20, 35, 50 all the same in that sense. It is, however, somewhat disgustingly interesting how the 10 year old came to be pregnant and it does show the world's societies are gaining momentum towards the "children? What are children?" age. That girl should never have been in that situation. Kids should be freakin' kids. Not moms and dads. It is shocking, but I think we should remember that childbirth is a miracle and that newborn could honestly have a great life in a foster home (or even, dare I say, with the grandparents/parents). Odd story, thanks for the thread!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
wasnt adam and eve around 9-13 when they had their first born

humans are just a silly species blinded by it self

Not in todays time frame. Its nasty and she wasnt ready to conceive just because her hormones were being produced. And since she sped up parent hood physically he may be harming future hormones from being generated due to some bone density related illness. Its wrong anyone HUMAN who thinks its not has lost all connection to reality. Any nonhuman, well I can understand how you may missunderstand this but its wrong in human terms. The daddy is the question who is he????

edit on 11/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by yzzyUK

Sorry for two posts in a row ATS but I thought I might add that I'm sure that everyone who is bringing up good points about this birth might also be considering that rape or wrongful foreplay was involved here. I think it's a good thing that people are trying to keep the glass half full here. I don't like the fact she was wrongfully inpregnated (I'm assuming it was against her will?), but like I said in the last post...childbirth is a miracle. If people bring this baby into the world scowling and saying that it never should have happened, you might as well just dump the baby along side the road. Its happeneded, it might have been achieved through less- than-liked means, but since it's here I don't blame the grandmother for trying to accept it as nothing short of a miracle.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
Reply to post by yzzyUK

but like I said in the last post...childbirth is a miracle. If people bring this baby into the world scowling and saying that it never should have happened, you might as well just dump the baby along side the road. Its happeneded, it might have been achieved through less- than-liked means, but since it's here I don't blame the grandmother for trying to accept it as nothing short of a miracle.

I agree its a miracle yes, and no the baby shouldnt receive any negativity towards it. Its too late for that but its just not condoned. Kids need time to grow because life gets ruff or more responsible when becomming an adult. This is my main prob. here the children in many places are not getting any chance at happiness and they grow into lil monsters...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

There is no evidence that it was against her will. None. Zilch. All it states is that the father was a child around her age. That leaves me to believe it was mostly curiosity and consenting.

Really can people not imagine a time when this was actually the norm? It's not been that long ago. We have a different perception today. There is no indication that the girl thought this anything other than acceptable and natural. Her grandmother sure did, and I'm sure she influenced this child to believe the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
HA HA!!!

nutz.... I give up.... people see what people want to see.

This topic is done for me.

adios and namaste

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I love the "prosecute everyone" people. The father is a minor as said in the article and since they did not prosecute I bet he's no older than 12 or 13. If he was 16 or 17 they would have. And what charges do you want the parents brought up on? Not making their girl wear a chastisty belt? Nothing like a little theocracy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by jexmo

Who says it's not right? Who exactly has the right to determine who can have sex and when? Who gave this person the right to assert their views on the lives of others? Why is it not possible to let others live their lives without judgment? Why not worry about your own community rather than jumping up and down about a kid living a life you know nothing about in a place you have nothing to do with? Worry about your own surroundings. Take care of those in need in your own neighborhood and leave other people to their own affairs.

None of us know anything of the situation other than she now has a baby. Good for her! Lots of people spend lots of time and money trying to have babies. Lots of people have babies who really shouldn't. I'll bet there are those people near you too. Just live and let live. Wish this girl well in your heart and be done with the thing.

First of all, I AM saying its not right. Im fairly certain most psychologists and therapists would echo that sentiment. Just because someone is physically ready to start producing children DOES NOT make them mentally or emotionally ready for sexual relationships. Ten year olds should be out playing games, playing barbies, using their imagination, doing their homework, studying basic education etc...

I am pretty grossed out by your comments. I dont even have children, but if I did, and I walked in on my ten year old having sex, I would not just shrug my shoulders and say "well I guess she's ready, who am I to tell her no." That is just sick. Not to mention, most boys at that age dont have the ability to produce children, which leads me to believe the father was someone older which opens up another can of worms. Most likely it was an older boy (or even an adult) taking advantage of a little girl, who cant possibly be mature enough to understand the repercussions.

I dont know what country you live in, but here we have age limits on things, and for good reasons.

You CANNOT legally buy a gun until a certain age, because most kids dont have enough responsibility to be trusted with one.

You CANNOT legally buy alcohol for the same reason. You CANNOT legally drive a vehicle for the same reasons.

Why should it be "OK" for any child to bring another child in this world, when they havent even began to fully comprehend it?

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I am utterly disgusted.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Could not agree more. Children cannot be children anymore, unfortunately this proves it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You're trying to force this situation's consequences into modern western society. These people are mostly agricultural and self sufficient. There will be no drive to support this child with any "money." She won't be "alone" as the Romanian gypsies are highly social and take care of each other. Who knows. The father could be 12 and already have some land and means of supporting a family. We're so indoctrinated into the "money driven western society" that we have no concept of being able to build a fully functional house in a few hours, become self sufficient on an acre of land and have no need for money. It simply blows our minds! It can, and does happen all over the world. These are the people we usually lump into the "impoverished" group. They don't have money, they must be poor starving souls that are suffering!

Please, don't judge the culture. If you don't get it, just say so.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Where you ten when you had sex? Did you decide when, where and with whom you would "do it the first time?"

I wasn't and yes I was ten and had no idea what was going on.

NO!

No 10 year old child should be forced to become sexually active - they are still a child, not even a dozen years out of diapers.

The UN or someone should step in and demand an end to this.

Now, start researching India.................Millions of child prostitutes and arranged marriages.

Sorry, I do not buy into any culture that, eats people, performs sexual acts with children or animals, condons violence or murder (this includes my own country of which I have spoken out against on ATS numerous times) or violates the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness for any human being.

No child, in any culture should be taken advantage of - none - zip - nada.

Every single person on this planet should have the say so as to when, where and with whom they bop with.

We as a species are suppose to have progressed since the middle ages, certainly since biblical times.

In the animal kingdom you will see a cat that fathered a kitten try to mate with it. However, one would think and hope that humanity has progressed beyond that of a savage, wild, unthinking animal.

edit on 3-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

It wasn't long ago when 8 year olds went out hunting on their own, gun in hand. Alcohol laws were invented. They are more lax in Europe still. Is that wrong? Should we demand that the European countries all raise the minimum age to drink to 21? Have the problems increased or decreased as we've raised the age restrictions on things?

Again, this is just a different culture where it's acceptable. You have the right to say you don't agree with it. You have the right to not live there and be a part of it. What you don't have the right to do is to pass judgment.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is unjustifiable, even nature knows.

In many developing countries, when a girl first menstruates, she is eligible for marriage and is expected to get pregnant soon afterwards. She will be of small stature, due to her young age, gender-based malnutrition, or just genetics -- all factors that vary by region. Her pelvis is usually too small for her baby to be delivered without assistance, and if obstructed labor occurs, it is imperative that help is sought, and that the baby is delivered via caesarean section (C-section).

However, in many cases, it is her husband or in-laws who decide whether she may seek emergency obstetric care (EmOC). In cultures where tradition dictates that young women should deliver at home alone, the decision to seek EmOC often occurs too late, if at all.

Unattended, obstructed labor can last for up to seven days. During this time, the pressure of the baby's skull cuts off the blood supply to the tissue surrounding the mother's bladder, rectum and vagina, causing a hole, or "fistula" to form. It is almost certain that this will result in a stillbirth.

Soon after, the effects of the fistula will be noticed. The results are devastating. Girls are unable to stay dry because they are constantly leaking urine and/or feces. In areas where a woman's status depends on her ability to bear healthy children, rather than being comforted for the loss of a child, she is often rejected by her husband, shunned by her community, and blamed for her condition. If her family doesn't reject her, her community may ostracize her because she is considered unclean.

Cameroon Moms Iron Daughters' Breasts in Little-Known Mutilation Practice

Most often performed by a girl's mother, breast ironing attempts to rid young girls of the signs of puberty, producing a flat, nonsexual, childlike chest in the hopes of preventing unwanted male attention, rape and premarital pregnancy, the United Nations Population Fund [UNFPA] states.

www.parentdish.com...

There should be no argument here these mothers Iron their daughters breast hoping to keep these beast off them, these children often die during childbirth, no it is not normal, or acceptable.

Direct Relief Africa Program Officer Lindsey Pollaczek narrates this story of the women who suffer obstetric fistula and the relatively simple procedure that heals more than their physical wounds.

A crime against women

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Oh no I dont judge any for there is only 1 judge. I just see the truth she is too young to conceive thats my point. Yea her baby daddy may only be 12 or 13 and I cannot fault that they were both possibly experimenting. What I am saying in the eyes of new and immature there are phases to be overcame befor 1 is psycologically prepared for any types of experiences and this is one right here. We hear all the aliens or E.T. wont interact with humanity face to face because we are developing so why doesnt this apply here?????? Whats done is done its still not right for she IS NOT RIPE. k my friend

edit on 11/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I get it. I really do. You were raped. This guy who is the father of the child is claimed to be a kid as well. He wasn't some adult man who was sick in the head.

Don't use this thread as some means of therapy for you own issues or to invoke sympathy. Your argument is valid, but does not apply to this situation as of yet.

What if she were 15? Would it be so much outrage? What about 16? 14? Where is day in a humans life when it becomes clearly right versus wrong? When is it not a matter of opinion? Come on people use your brains. Cut back on the emotional moral responses and address this on a level headed plane.

Why is this even an issue anyways? It doesn't affect anyone in this thread. The only thing I'm upset about are those who seem to claim that it does affect them. Have we really become a "reality TV made" society where we feel we have the right to form an opinion on other cultures/lifestyles and hold the ability to "vote them off the island?" I thought that kind of thought died out with all the other oppressive behavior.
edit on 3-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

please be an alien or learning E.T. Otherwise your post are suspect THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION.
PEACE

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

It wasn't long ago when 8 year olds went out hunting on their own, gun in hand. Alcohol laws were invented. They are more lax in Europe still. Is that wrong? Should we demand that the European countries all raise the minimum age to drink to 21? Have the problems increased or decreased as we've raised the age restrictions on things?

Again, this is just a different culture where it's acceptable. You have the right to say you don't agree with it. You have the right to not live there and be a part of it. What you don't have the right to do is to pass judgment.

It wasnt that long ago that people were being enslaved. So whats your point? That just because something was common at one time in history it should be ok today?

Let me clarify something for you, ten years old is night and day when compared to a fifteen year old, hell, even a fourteen year old. A ten year old is still a baby. They still have a childhood to experience, why should they be robbed of it? Sure, not so long ago, we had kids as young as 6 working in factories. Was it the right thing to do? Not in my opinion, thats why it doesnt go on here anymore. Ive been hunting since I was 7, but of course my father was right there next to me, guiding me, looking out for me.

Yes, I admit I dont know the circumstances of this child. And I am NOT judging as I dont even know the girl. I do however, have the right to express my opinion on the matter, as do you.

There is a reason that people in this country, be it a man or a woman, WILL SERVE PRISON TIME for having sex with a ten year old. And there is also a reason why even the most heinous criminals, are completely disgusted by people who prey on children.

I dont care if a ten year old thinks they're ready and consents to sex with another individual, they will most likely be in therapy when they're thirty because they were MOLESTED and RAPED when they were a child.

Let a child be one. Please. ...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join