It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old Girl Gives Birth!! What is the World Coming to?!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I discovered my 'private parts' and sexual pleasure at age three - THREE! Not because someone touched me or because I had seen a naked magazine - no, I simply was exploring my body, felt some sexual urges, and figured out how to masturbate! It is not unusual for very young children to be aware of sexual feelings. Not all have this experience, but I did, so I know it exists.

That being said, after I discovered sexual feelings, I had no idea why no one ever talked about them with me - or even mentioned them at all. So, as a child, I turned to my closest pre-school aged friends and asked them if they ever "touched their privates" - none proved to be as lucid as I was regarding the subject, and most had no idea what I was talking about- BUT some did. The ones who did, like me, also discovered this interesting and secret urge; and like me, their parents, supervisors, etc. never talked about it with them.

As a child, I obviously had no capacity to understand what was 'right' and 'wrong' to talk about and do. So, after finding out how AWESOME masturbating felt, I started to do it all the time. I didn't understand not to do it in front of other people, so eventually my parents realized they had a problem on their hands. I love them and all, but I think the way they handled this was not very healthy. Even after realizing I had 'discovered myself' - they STILL did not address 'sex' and 'sexual feelings' with me- all they did was act like they saw a horror show and exclaimed "Never do that! Ever!!" Naturally, this only confused me more and got me more interested in finding out what this 'bad secret' that felt 'SO good' was all about.

I learned quick not to talk to my parents or adults about sex. My best girlfriend at age 7 admitted to me that she too had felt 'sexual feelings' and that she also learned it is not good to talk about them. So at one of our sleepovers (I still remember the conversation), we both agreed that 'touching' felt good and we had no idea why it was so bad. Naturally, we began to touch each other. As gross as this probably sounds to most of you, I can assure you the feelings we, as innocent children, had felt at that time were that what we were doing was very NATURAL. It was exciting and new and harmless, in our opinion. So we began to do this all of the time, and one time her mom walked in when we were naked under the covers. Again, she did not address what was going on- all she did was say to us "Get dressed!" And that was that.

Obviously, our parents thought we were too young or immature to be talked to about sex and its repercussions. When in fact, I was a very intelligent, ahead-of-my time, little girl - I had already discovered the feelings, so there was no going back - what I desperately needed was EDUCATION. But, our societal taboos thwarted my need for sexual education - that I knew I was ready for. So, I decided to teach myself, which COULD HAVE turned out to be a disaster.

The only reason I'm chiming in here is because I know that as a child, I had sexual feelings and I would totally have had sex with a male - at age 5 even - if I had the chance. Although I did not know what 'sex' or male private parts were, I'm sure it is very easy to figure that out when you are 'exploring'. Therefore, children do have feelings, thoughts, urges - and they do make decisions. They are sneaky too - you can watch them 99.9% of the time, but the second you turn your eye, you better believe they are exploring what you don't want them to (just describing myself here).

As for the woman who was raped - I'm very sorry to hear that. But, I just want to point out that just because you didn't think about sex before this happened to you at age 10, it does not mean that other children did not develop thoughts/feelings/urges before you did. Also, there is a big difference between an adult raping a child, and two consenting, exploring, children.

I'm not saying it's right for children to be having sex at age 10, but that is my opinion, which has been created based on me growing up in this society. What I am saying is that it is perfectly plausible for two very young minors to 'consent' to having sex - they are only following instinctual urges. And these urges could happen in the one minute that a parent turns his back (I was supervised all of the time, but I still found time to explore - like when I, or my friend and I, were supposed to be 'sleeping'). Just saying- don't blame the parents, this could happen to anyone. The ONLY solution I see to this problem, is the only solution I longed for as a confused child - education. Even early on, children need to understand sex. Some children, like me, are simply not as stupid as adults assume. Although I am a healthy individual now, I can see where I could've turned out to have very unhealthy 'bad' feelings about sex and how 'wrong' it is. Or - I could've been taken advantage of. Either way, I think we need to truthfully educate children about sex so that they can become healthy individuals (and this can be done in a simple, non-dirty, matter-of-fact way - without all of the uptight emotions adults attach to the subject - kids really do understand when you talk to them in simple terms!). Even if YOU think it is too early to 'ruin their innocence', NATURE disagrees. It is better to be prepared than 'shocked' when exactly what you have been avoiding happens.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
While outside of societal norm in this century, I get a little tired of the old 'omg pedo' shouts in these sorts of threads. The idea that sex before you're 18 is 'sick' is misguided. We're fortunate enough to have an extended childhood, but note that even as recent as the early 1900s, the legal age of common law marriage (with parental consent) was seven. Age of legal consumation was 14, but you have to expect that there was some fudging going on.

Remember Romeo and Juliet? She was 13 and reflected the reality in England at the time. There are plenty of marriage records here in the US of colonists marrying in their early teens, and even one of a 14 year old Sarah Halfhide of married a man and the register notes she's a widow already, making this her second marriage. Additional records in this same county, Middlesex Virginia, list nearly 100 girls in ten years, 3 married at age EIGHT, and a handful of them in their early teens. In 18th century France the age of consent was 13. In Rome girls married by 15-16, or when their menses started, while men did not marry until 30 when they were released from miltary service.

And so on and so on.

That said, I agree, ten is too young. It's an unfortunate situation, but hardly shocking, just sad.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
ht jexmo, at what age in your opinion of course would this be ok by your standerds?

i will humbly wait for my answer on the ground level because you are on one high horse.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The reason there is an age of consent and legality is because no matter how you look at it, having a baby at 10 years old is wrong. It's biologically a bad decision because at 10, the "mother" does not have the means to look after the baby. Biologically, you have babies when you are old enough to take care of them, and that depends on the surrounding environment.

A modern 10 year-old is nowhere near being able to look after and provide for a baby ---without the help of her family or the state. A modern 10 year-old cannot even take care of herself, let alone a life she carelessly created in a game of Doctor gone terribly too far.

This is why there is an age of consent. She is still in pre-teen childhood. Now, if they make her participate in taking care of the baby, then her childhood has been destroyed. Kids should not be exposed, at such an age, to sexually oriented materials, let alone allowed the opportunity to have sex. This is a COLOSSAL FAILURE on the part of both parents, regardless of culture and opinions.

Children weren't meant to have children when they are still children themselves, unable to properly look after the results of their carnal desires (babies). This is not about defining "what love is," or "who should be allowed to love whom." This is nuts and bolts about not letting the little deviants have sex at too young of an age. Why? Because it destroys a childhood and creates another childhood far too early.

At the age of ten, while I was fond of girls and found them pretty alluring, my thoughts didn't go far beyond holding hands, hugging and kissing. And, I was into building models, Star Wars movies, art and Legos. I had never been exposed to sexually charged music videos, TV shows or commercials. Somehow, perhaps through culture, these kids knew what to do and how to do it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

As stated before..........I had my first period at ten. At ten years of age, I hadn't a clue as to how life worked or my place in it.

Yes Mother Nature can be a real bitch.........she experiments, it's called evolving through trial and error, mostly error.

But no, 10-16 is not a good age, physically to have a baby.

At 10, having a baby can kill the mother.

My grand daughter is 9-1/2 and starting to develope early just like I did.......she will probably have her first period and be quite fertile at 10-11. And she is still mentally a baby, very innocent, very naive. She is still trying to figure out her multiplication tables and locating major cities on a globe.

Physically having a baby, she is so thin and small it would probably kill her. A ten year old girl's hips aren't sufficiently developed, her whole bone structure isn't fully grown yet.

Do you have a ten year old daughter, niece, neighbor - really look at them. They are still babies, not even a dozen years out of diapers.

I can tell you do not have a ten year old daughter, if you did, your post would be a lot different.

As stated before, nature is cruel. Humanity is suppose to have risen above the basic animal level. We are suppose to (claim to) be above and more intellegent than the other animal species we share this rock with.

No, ten year olds are not equipped both physically or mentally to have a baby.

Having my period at ten was traumatic enough for me. When I recently explained to my grand daughter what to expect, (the very basics) she was upset and I didn't even get into telling her once you have a period you can get pregnant. Telling her she was going to bleed once a month pretty much freaked her out.

Again, free choice along with being very well informed before making any choices is the key word here.

All humans deserve to be informed and given free will.

To do otherwise is wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tsi1991awd

Yes and 3 - 4 hundred years ago we were burning people at the stake for having epileptic seizures.

Are you aware that 3/4 hundred years ago 35% of women died in childbirth.

Are you or have you ever been in medicine?

I was in nursing and sorry, a ten year old female body is not fully developed enough to withstand pregnancy.

It is dangerous at that age physically and in this day and age mentally as well.

Any ten year old that gets pregnant was raped or taken advantage of, a ten year old has no idea of the big picture involved.

I cannot believe the stupidity of some of these posts.

Are you a 12-20 year old male? I do not mean this disrepectfully, but your insight is really lacking on this subject.

At ten the female hips are not sufficiently developed enough. A ten year old female human still has approximately another 5 years to develope fully.

At ten I was pretty developed breast and hip wise but mentally still a baby. If you read my previous posts you would see and I can speak on this because I have had experience, while not getting pregnant, being sexually molested at ten and let me tell you, a ten year old is not ready for sex. They don't have a clue, they are still not ready mentally as well as physically.

Did you have sex at ten? Then you don't know do you what it is like to be taken advantage of.

You need to rethink your opinon on this.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
The original poster must be right because the median age of first period in the united states is 12.5 years. Your family and the people you know do not constitute a statistical sample.

en.wikipedia.org...

...you shouldve learned how to calculate an average in the 5th grade, no later than 6th grade... maybe you missed that day - so, see the link below...

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Main stream society will soon forget this story, but the case of Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn has prevailed in the (western) collective awareness for over 15 years. Yet they were both of the age of consent. There has been more emotive outpour against Allen than there will ever be about a 10 year old girl becoming pregnant.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by C_Fawkes_4

When a female menstruates, her body is ready for motherhood. The rest is pure speculation on your part because you are not all-knowing so cannot see into other peoples' cultures (particularly that of the Roma apparently, so you really), nor into their very personal life experiences. This is their way, as the new grandmother explained. Your moral call on this is completely irrelevant, as is the view of virtually everyone else here, obviously including my own.

"Live and let live" must come more to the forefront in our world. Surely Iraq has taught you all that. There is a whole country out there where the people - little girls too - were used for target practice by the very likes of you people who are standing in judgment of this girl here. You dare to assign your values to her life. If someone did the same to you, you would surely be up in arms over it - as you are now! All I'm saying is that this little girl and her mother are thrilled to have this little boy in their lives. They are HAPPY! You call yourselves good people. Are you understanding? Are you compassionate? Are you really sitting there thinking that this one kid won't survive, that this ten-year-old is somehow deprived and neglected, when centuries and generations of Roma have done exactly this? How did you come by your divine sight?

We all have faults and failings. You show your need to hide those from the world more by attacking those in quite simply *other* situations. That's what the weak and fearful do. It takes heart to look at others and let them live as their hearts dictate.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I don't understand how some people can say "the body knows it's ready, so you can't judge" and condemn pedophiles at the same time with a straight face. Isn't there some hypocrisy here?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

why do you know the intimate details of when all of your female family members started puberty? did you go through the trash can in the bathroom every day? why exactly are so many of you arguing against this being wrong in any way? obviously a ten year old isn't old enough to support a baby, financially or otherwise. there is a reason most kids leave their parents homes at the age of eighteen and not ten. what is wrong with you people? should we let them drink in bars and smoke cigarettes at ten as well? i honestly expected better from the members of ATS but it seems like we got a bunch of perverts and pedophiles here and that is truly sickening to me. i am officially disgusted.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

"""""It's not our fault your children are mentally incapable of comprehending sex at 10 years of age. """""

Boiling response to scarcer page 7

Before I reply can I ask what you were suggesting ? 9 year olds should be told off for not embracing coitus ? or ? are they somehow inferior to if they dont fxxk as early as their parents ( i use that term in your case loosely) want...... star for you... the paediophiles loving this thread, does the penetrator have to be young or is it only ok if he/she young too. Would it be ok if male participant was 55 , gary glitter is waiting for your reply, will save on his plane trips to cambodia or wherever he goes or allowed to go after his passport taken off him

Page 7 i cant embed yet... im stupid
please tell me i was just trolled,

edit on 5-11-2010 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by Gooseygander because: stuff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Ill be off soon, but curious really 5/6 years old aroused by females, the world is a big box of chocolates as forrest would say,

My 6 year old still watching ben 10, i must be a bad dad, no offence to your buddy just eyes wide and all that if its true

link   
Only pressed button once, apologies for mutliples ,

link   
double post sorry

edit on 5-11-2010 by Gooseygander because: replaced ejaculation with more proper, sounded funny in my head atm

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FREEwoman

I only come on for an hour a day so i will be shh soon, but you had sexual feelings at 3..... and remember that as sexual feelings, you very enlightened or lieing about your age, you not 21 anymore.

And i know i havent made many friend here tonight but some of these replies are beyond me, im sure we will all agree tomorrow im at fault and ill agree now.. i shh

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Reply to myself

3 posters talking about arousal before the age of 6.............

Can you close this thread please before the peados use it for their own purposes.. Not sure it is even lawful under english law, yet get it ? you imaging unlawful acts be it read or image ... just looking after AFT, im drunk but i am sure a lawyer could shut your site for a short time for promoting or not controlling young sex discsussion

Your choice moderator, but its getting a bit ????? sir/madam

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Obviously not .. feel free to discuss coitus with minors here as the moderator doesnt care

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Sorry ATS i have forwarded this thread to the metropolitan police website

where is ATS based ?

Your online report reference number is CR02-000809XX in case you wondered , i will tell an official the xx numbers ? disappointed you let the thread run so long buddys

online.met.police.uk... in case you think i was bluffing

they had a link there

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join