It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just who and what ARE we?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
here's my take on it, what I have read and learned from human and spiritual sources;

Firstly who is asking the question? Your mind? brain? the driver of the physical body? Who is that?
Call is soul or spirit, or whatever you like.

We live in a contrasting/duality, ie light and dark, love and hate, male and female. Basically separation.
In the beginning there was no separation, all that was nothingness yet everythingness.

God - ALL that IS, Father, Mother - The creator, since it was all knowing, wanted to experience itself.
The only way to do that was separation, big bang, a thought occured.

Everything was created in every direction, time, dimension and every direction we cannot comprehend.
All beings on earth and every other possibility, were created, as splinters of the Creator.

In order to experience something, life, love etc, there has to be no prior knowledge of it.

We chose to incarnate. We chose the parents, situation, country and situation.

Only a portion of our soul is present in our current incarnation we are aware of, ie you. We have many other simultaneous incarnations, in this time, others, this dimension and others and other solar systems.

Death is a return to source, its a beginning not ending.

I answer to Who am I - your are "god", parts of the whole, all that is. You are here to experience, driven by free will. Its the ultimate reality show I guess.

There is only one of us in the room, you are me and I am you. All people on this planet are reflections of you, the whole, all that is.

Nope I cannot prove any of it.

edit on 3-11-2010 by remrem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If you ask me we are all earthlings on this beautifull planet called earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by godddd
If you ask me we are all earthlings on this beautifull planet called earth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dde03f074dc.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e38e75cc54f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

that's beautifull indeed polar light

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You wanna know something crazy?

Literally 5 minutes before I signed onto ATS I recalled watching a TV show I watched yesterday that had robots in it. And almost immediately after I thought "Come to think of it...humans are just self aware computers, nothing more and nothing less". The entire process of rational thought has to do with tying a scenario or object into another scenario with the same numerical value and predicting an outcome. The only thing a computer can't do, much like a human, is deciding the correct context of the variables.
Now I know that's not a very revolutionary thought, but isn't it crazy how 5 minutes later I see a post saying the same thing? These occurrence's seem to happen a lot when I come up with a believable conclusion or have a question I can't figure out. I will think of something and then literally one or two days later, sure enough, I will see the exact same type of statement or conclusion posted here on ATS, on TV, in a textbook, or just about anywhere.

Makes me feel all nostalgic remembering when I was a little kid and I would think about a certain episode of a TV show I hadn't seen in a while, and then a few days later, sure enough it would come on TV.

Perhaps we are just computers able to correctly predict an upcoming event based on probability and awareness of present stimuli. But then again we are imaginative creatures, and our view on things is either drastically negative or positive depending on our personality.

Good post, glad I thought of it

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Maybe we are just programmed to follow a certain pattern like we have now which is our life in the society with its politics, economics and religions.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i found my self wondering this out of no where yesterday.
i dont know why but i finally pictured my self in this endless space...kind of made me feel like our existance is worthless.really how do we benefit anything....how ever i do like the idea that we are all on that we are all god

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

These are some of the most fundamental questions we can ask ourselves. I think the journey of discovery is yours to be taken alone, otherwise you'll just end up getting more confused by other peoples views. The answer is there within you. You just need to find a way to look inside and find out.

I do it through therevada meditation mainly but a little salvia along the way helps me. I dont think anyone can answer this for you. I think you can be anything you want to be, as your concept of reality will differ from mine and most peoples really. Start with conciousness and work from there. Conciousness controls the mind, it is'nt the mind. The mind controls the body. The body provides your conciousness and mind with all that it needs for the journey.

Just bare in mind that there are no definatives in nature. Everythings a wave that moves in cycles. Your mind and body are in a constant state of flux.

I fear i may have already tainted your journey, so thats all i want to say. Make of it what you will and good luck finding your answers.

edit on 3/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nice thread going on here.

My .75 cents worth...

"We are energetic probes created by the Universe. And it is because we are possesors of Awareness, that we are the means by which the Universe comes to know itself." - Don Juan Matus.

"We are like sub-atomic particles inside the nucleus of a skin cell on 'Gods' arm. We do not care what such a thing in our arm is doing, and so 'God' similarly does not give a hoot" - Me.

I think our Universe is poorly named. Maybe Fred or Martha would be better names? And I think this because to me it is one Bubbleverse among billions of others. For me this Universe is an Aware Energy that diversified itself into everything in existence in order to learn about itself, to grow and mature throughout its lifespan... just as all Life seems to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The problem to the answer is the question. You are not sure what it means, and expect more out the answer than you can really think of.
Ask differently!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That is exactly the time I asked the same question. I to became sort of scared for some reason. Very strange, because I have ran into quite a few people who say the same thing. Now I am going to get conspiratorial, but could people who are enlightened to think in a way at so young, are actually star children and be here to make a diference? I don't really believe this but I have listened to some cool evidence.on a few radio shows by actual doctors. All of the people like this that I have met were very calm and aware people.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know I said I'd stay out of this, but there's a piece of research I ran across re: the human being as a manifestation of the creation and of the creator - which I wanted to add to the thread, as a possible clue..

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

------------

According to James Oroc's experiences (Tryptamine Palace), when the ego is dissolved in consciousness through the temporary formation of a type of neurological "Bose Einstein Condensate", there is no real dilineation or distinction between individual consciousness and God-consciousness or the universal "akashic field" (Lazslo) aka Zero Point Field.

This view certainly resonates with what a few posters have already suggested here.

If we really do possess even the possibility of FREE WILL, then the implications are astounding.. maybe we're quite a bit more than we previously thought? Maybe we're like some sort of chip off the old OLD block, so to speak..

edit on 3-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo and comment addition

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Certainly gives new meaning to the notion that it is right (because it is also reasonable) to "love God above all (gratitude, appreciation) AND neighbor as self" (expressed one to another via a family framework or a type of God-based relativity of human being) because we are also social beings, and no man is an island unto himself, so it's not an "isolate consciousness", at the exclusion of anyone or anything or, the singular INclusion of everything (Absolute oneness), but some sort of mysterious mutuality of existence between God and us and from us each one, in relation to the other, any other. In my mind, this is entirely congruent with a very deep level interpretation of the "parable of the Good Sameritan" and no I am not trying to preach here, just "musing" aloud.

I'll SFU now, sorry for hijacking the thread, but these may be important considerations and are worth at least raising.. or putting on the table for our mutual consideration..
edit on 3-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by remrem

Remrem-
Congrats on your philosophy....you are one of few like myself to actually have the balls to understand that We are GOD. Always have been, always will be. This life is just one of the infinite dreams of God that we eventually awake from to reclaim our Divine birthright. Congrats for figuring it out.
Namaste-

-Boypony

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Just who and what the heck ARE we and what's really going here?

Thanks in advance for at least making the attempt to shed some light on this problem.

Regards,

NAM

I've posted extensively here on this subject, and so far I've felt kind of like Daffy Duck in that one Bugs Bunny cartoon episode where the duck is hoofing his ass off onstage to crickets and the rabbit does a quick 1-2 and brings down the house. In the end the duck downs gasoline, nitro, gunpowder and then a matc and blows himself to sh*t - finally getting a crowd reaction. But just the once, of course, since now he's in pieces. I recently decided to not follow the duck's example and go to the ultimate effort to get a reaction here. It's not worth it and I've discovered other venues to launch this premise from.

The bottom line is that I do know what we are, who we are, and why we exist, and I just put my money where my mouth is and published a book detailing the whole freakin' thing. If you're actually serious about learning what I've discovered, then U2U me and I'll give you a brief overview and a link to the book. If not, then that's fine too.

Your choice.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Just who and what the heck ARE we and what's really going here?

Thanks in advance for at least making the attempt to shed some light on this problem.

Regards,

NAM

I've posted extensively here on this subject, and so far I've felt kind of like Daffy Duck in that one Bugs Bunny cartoon episode where the duck is hoofing his ass off onstage to crickets and the rabbit does a quick 1-2 and brings down the house. In the end the duck downs gasoline, nitro, gunpowder and then a matc and blows himself to sh*t - finally getting a crowd reaction. But just the once, of course, since now he's in pieces. I recently decided to not follow the duck's example and go to the ultimate effort to get a reaction here. It's not worth it and I've discovered other venues to launch this premise from.

The bottom line is that I do know what we are, who we are, and why we exist, and I just put my money where my mouth is and published a book detailing the whole freakin' thing. If you're actually serious about learning what I've discovered, then U2U me and I'll give you a brief overview and a link to the book. If not, then that's fine too.

Your choice.

Might you give it to us in a nutshell?, we're all ears (or eyes).. sounds interesting.. maybe this time we'll listen to you, what you have to say, and be interested in your discoveries whatever they may be, I know I am, big time.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Robert Anton Wilson Explains Everything

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony
reply to post by remrem

Remrem-
Congrats on your philosophy....you are one of few like myself to actually have the balls to understand that We are GOD. Always have been, always will be. This life is just one of the infinite dreams of God that we eventually awake from to reclaim our Divine birthright. Congrats for figuring it out.
Namaste-

-Boypony

Please keep an open mind in regards to the following..

Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
“Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?
34 Jesus answered them, 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Excellent thread im coasting on right now Newageman, and i asked myself this same exact down to the The same question, and my answers led me to ATS, UFOs and me having a fullfillment of prophetic dreams since then. I think everyone that takes the time to pay attention to the true inner voice, then they will find it easier to cope with the everyday stress wich is life.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Somehow part of the package of being a living, thinking being is that you get a universe inside of you. You get a galaxy sized object inside you that you can access.

And there there are the mountains, the rivers, the jungles, the dynastic families, the ruins, the planets, the works of arts, the poetry, the sciences, the magics, of millions upon millions upon millions of worlds.

And this is apparently who we each are. We’re a little bit of eternity sticking into three-dimensional space and, for some reason, occupying time in a monkey body.

But when you turn your eyes then inward you discover the birth right. The existential facts out of which this particular existence emerged.

And it’s a great secret. A great secret and a great comfort. Because it means mystery didn’t die with the fall of Arthur or the fall of Atlantis or the fall of anything. Mystery is alive in the moment, in the here and now. It just simply lies on the other side of a barrier of courage. And it isn’t even that high of barrier, it’s just is a barrier high enough to keep out the insincere and the misdirected. But for those who will claim it, in midst of the historical chaos in the late 20th century they become the archaic pioneers. They become the first people to carry the ouroboric serpent around to its own tail, and to make a closer. And to the degree that anyone of us has this connection back to the archaic in our life, it makes were we have been make a lot more sense and it makes were we’re going seem a lot more inviting.

Which it really is I think.

-Terence McKenna

Just LOVE this guy, and I can't get over this quote, absolutely fantastic, thanks again for posting that.

I highly recommend for those who are either fans of Terrance, or who aren't all that familiar with him to go to youtube and check the Terrance McKenna videos there, of which there are many.

www.youtube.com...

He was certainly no saint, but neither are we, and I don't take EVERYthing he says as gospel, and he wouldn't ask me to, but man, but he sure was a high performance human being.

Thanks again Terrance, we love you still to this very day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join