It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question I have towards all religious people!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Puzzlemaniac

I kinda agree that there lies somekind intelligence behind universe, whether it would be a law, creator, or something else. I have figured out that there is no true random and mere chance, but once things were set in motion, there is only causality. "Natura nihil facit supervacaneum" is quote from Schopenhauer (or so I think) and it means that nature does nothing without a purpose, or something a kin.

-v

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I kinda agree that there lies somekind intelligence behind universe, whether it would be a law, creator, or something else. I have figured out that there is no true random and mere chance, but once things were set in motion, there is only causality.

I agree. I spent many years studying, as a Wiccan, the interconnectiveness of all things. While my friends would burn different color candles and various herbs without thought as to why or what they were doing, I would spend time trying to find that point of oneness or interconnectiveness of the various tools used in spells, etc. Even then I knew what we were doing was dangerous. I now call that point of oneness God or as some would say the Creative Principle. I have heard CERN is seeking the God particle. I really feel deep in my soul that they are playing with fire, so to say. If that is truly what some believe they are doing, looking for the God particle, I don't believe they will ever find it because God is not a separate particle. I've come a long way since those days. The Bible teaches God said, "I am that I am.". I think that pretty well says it all. Simply put, God is. Jesus and others operate outside the rules of the physical universe. That is why they were able and some even today are able to perform what we call miracles. King Solomon also had knowledge in this area and much of that knowledge is known to the Iluminati elite. However, there is a scripture that warns, the secret things belong to God. I no longer play with fire...just study it from afar.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Someday we will all know the answers, but I doubt it will matter then. We will be home. Blessings, Puzzle

Oh, and thanks for the info. on natura.... and the new one for me to look up....
I love Latin, but I love Hebrew more, just can't read or write it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
reply to post by Myendica

Please define "being spiritual".

what? use your imagination.. you don't know what it means to be spiritual? novice.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Why do you concern yourself with questions that you already know the answer to? Why is it that ignorance consumes you? Why do you believe in yourself so much? The only thing you know for sure is that you will die one day. Good thing you had so much faith in yourself! LMAO!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have "faith" because I believe that what I have experienced as a Christian is real. I cannot see God with my biological eyes or hear Him with my biological ears. However, I do experience His presence in my life. It happens on a "spiritual" level - referring to a higher dimension than our 3D world.

What I would love to hear is a definition of 'religious' and 'spiritual' from somebody who identifies himself as being 'spiritual but not religious.' I've always wondered about that one.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
First off i'd like to say that this is my 100th thread, if anyone cares
. Also i'd like to say that this thread is not meant to be confrintational, i'm just trying to find the truth. My question is how can you be religious? I mean, not having any concrete facts to support your religion only faith. What makes your religion so much more credible than another? There all supported by the same thing, faith.

please keep answers civil and un troll like.

Answering the original question. My beliefs/philosophy is the only one in the world that everyone is already following without realizing. Not only that, but even the plants and animals already follow it.

The belief is really so simple. The basis of life is freedom and the purpose of life is joy. Whether you believe that you are free or that life is joyful, is irrelevant. The purpose is doing what ever you can to feel free and to feel joy.

edit on 11-11-2010 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by qisoa
I have "faith" because I believe that what I have experienced as a Christian is real. I cannot see God with my biological eyes or hear Him with my biological ears. However, I do experience His presence in my life. It happens on a "spiritual" level - referring to a higher dimension than our 3D world.

What I would love to hear is a definition of 'religious' and 'spiritual' from somebody who identifies himself as being 'spiritual but not religious.' I've always wondered about that one.

That is nothing short of a great explanation.

I second it i have faith because i feel the lords presence in my life, My life has had divine intervention. Up until 2 years ago i was an atheist and had been an atheist most of my life and today i am a dedicated Christian and will always praise him because of how he helped me.

My answer to most questions.

"If there is a god then why do people die?"
People die because they die, Because our bodies give out. The ones you love are still living just not as you know.

"Science can't not prove god"
True but it can't disprove him either.
If you had 20 scientists in a room and you put a car in front of them with no logo no brand names nothing those scientists could tell you EXACTLY how this car works but they couldn't tell you ANYTHING about the maker. The same applies today. Allot of scientists even today say the odds of how everything started is so low unless you apply divine intervention.

"The bible is full of contradictions and doesn't make sense"
That's because as a closed mind individual you are not seeing what these stories truly are, To understand you must practice and to practice you must surround yourself with other people. Think of it like a learning book and without a teacher you will never understand it, Hence why we have Church.

Any more?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by qisoa

That is nothing short of a great explanation.

I second it i have faith because i feel the lords presence in my life, My life has had divine intervention. Up until 2 years ago i was an atheist and had been an atheist most of my life and today i am a dedicated Christian and will always praise him because of how he helped me.

My answer to most questions.

"If there is a god then why do people die?"
People die because they die, Because our bodies give out. The ones you love are still living just not as you know.

"Science can't not prove god"
True but it can't disprove him either.
If you had 20 scientists in a room and you put a car in front of them with no logo no brand names nothing those scientists could tell you EXACTLY how this car works but they couldn't tell you ANYTHING about the maker. The same applies today. Allot of scientists even today say the odds of how everything started is so low unless you apply divine intervention.

"The bible is full of contradictions and doesn't make sense"
That's because as a closed mind individual you are not seeing what these stories truly are, To understand you must practice and to practice you must surround yourself with other people. Think of it like a learning book and without a teacher you will never understand it, Hence why we have Church.

Any more?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyBluePegasus

I find that religions with beliefs in karma and/or reincarnation strike me as the type of religions where taking responsibility for oneself is at the very core of the belief system.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I really don't comprehend all the confusion in the mind of man. If you find a rock sharpened in the shape of a triangle you infer that this was created by intelligence and used as a weapon to hunt. When you look at a beautiful work of art you admire the skill and creativity of the artist. You would argue how illogical it would be to assume anything but the obvious, that intelligence and inspiration produced what you see yet man can observe this magnificent world and awe inspiring living beauty and come to the conclusion it came from nothing and write libraries of books to justify this absurd and ridiculous notion. The proof of God is all around you and the beauty of Gods plan presented to you in the bible if you would just read it and pray for understanding. It all starts with a desire to know your creator. How God reveals himself to each individual after that is unique and part of the journey we call life. God bless and I recommend you start your journey today.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join